5$ off promo Deep Discount

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

5$ off promo Deep Discount

Old 10-14-11, 09:34 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: 5$ off promo Deep Discount

Originally Posted by Dining Dead
I told them that it was very troubling that no one at the warehouse could ever be reached via telephone and that it raised some very disconcerting safety concerns in the event that there was ever a true emergency. No luck.
Points for saying that.
Old 10-14-11, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by EuroThree
Points for saying that.
Yeah, I thought that line would work for sure. I must say I ended the call rather impressed as the customer service rep I said that to remained unfazed.

In the end, all blame rests solely on me for being naive enough to order with them.
Old 10-14-11, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dining Dead
I told them that it was very troubling that no one at the warehouse could ever be reached via telephone and that it raised some very disconcerting safety concerns in the event that there was ever a true emergency. No luck.
Seriously. What would they do if intercompany war was declared?

The email stating that amazon, complete with its employees all hopped up from lack of AC and told that deep discount had AC in THEIR warehouse, was about to invade.

In the two days that email would be en route, they would be overtaken and subject to whatever Lord of the Flies scenario played out.
Old 10-14-11, 02:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

although placing the order was infuriating, everything was in stock and shipped within two days of ordering.
Old 10-14-11, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Ropes Pierre
Seriously. What would they do if intercompany war was declared?

The email stating that amazon, complete with its employees all hopped up from lack of AC and told that deep discount had AC in THEIR warehouse, was about to invade.

In the two days that email would be en route, they would be overtaken and subject to whatever Lord of the Flies scenario played out.
Funny you should mention it. I did in fact warn of such a war. I was then promptly met by a long moment of silence, followed by a slow, solemn, "Oh, we are ready. We. Are. Ready."
Old 10-14-11, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 648 Likes on 470 Posts

^^^Sounds like a snow job... Two *days* for email to get to the warehouse?!? Maybe poor warehouse management causes it to take two days for them to *process* an email - maybe they use snail-mail and the CS was confused...

"extremely fast processing speeds" is a joke too, right? It takes two days for them to actually ship any order I've done since the new owners took over. The only thing that happens quickly is a temp charge on the CC.
Old 10-14-11, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 123 Likes on 97 Posts

It's going to be interesting to see how long the empire lasts. The newish owners are wholesaler "Super D"; once known as Phantom. At minimum, in addition to DD they own Collector's Choice (a recent purchase) & ebay/Amazon sellers Getimportcd's & Oddbanana.

Does anyone know of any other companies to add to the list?
Old 10-14-11, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Their website is a joke and I've requested at least three times that they should change the overall layout and search functions on that site to make it cleaner and more presentable and all they do is just blow me off. They did state on their Facebook page the semi-annual sale will take place sometime in November though.
Old 10-14-11, 07:42 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by rmw650
Their website is a joke and I've requested at least three times that they should change the overall layout and search functions on that site to make it cleaner and more presentable and all they do is just blow me off. They did state on their Facebook page the semi-annual sale will take place sometime in November though.
That sale has become a joke. Inflating prices and then taking discount off list and now its only even selected items. I don't even bother anymore.
Old 10-16-11, 01:29 AM

Ordered 2 boxsets and used the $5 coupon, next couple of days I get an email that my order has been cancelled. Items discontinued. What a BS.
Old 10-16-11, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered one item during this "sale" through Google Checkout and haven't received any cancellation yet. Last purchase through DD was slow and quiet, but the items eventually showed up.
Old 10-16-11, 10:40 PM

All 3 of my orders shipped out.
Old 10-17-11, 11:27 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 372 Likes on 253 Posts

Dead Alive arrived today, 5 days between ordering & receiving, not bad for a change. -kd5