Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

ABC Television on DVD Deals?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-12, 06:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
Re: ABC Television on DVD Deals?

I've got one extra $10 off coupon floating around. It expires on the 31st of this month. I'm not going to use it. If anyone wants it, PM me your address and I'll get it right out to you.
Old 01-05-13, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

There's a separate thread for it, but thought I'd mention here that Amazon has a $10 coupon for Nashville season 1 for the next five days.
Old 01-05-13, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking for a coupon for Pan Am Complete Series that comes out in a few weeks time...anyone has the link to that as the time gets closer, please let me know and thanks for the heads-up on the Nashville thing David.
Old 05-07-13, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

$10 coupon for Private Practice Season 6 is now up.

www.abctvondvdcoupon.com
Old 05-09-13, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Will there be one for Perception Season 1 as well, when it is released on 5/21/2013?
Old 05-11-13, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
$10 coupon for Private Practice Season 6 is now up.

www.abctvondvdcoupon.com
I checked around, and no Walmart, Target, or BB store in my area carries Private Practice S6 DVD, so this is a worthless coupon. One could at best attempt an Express Lane order at BB, but getting them to accept a mfg Q is very YMMV. They might as well have offered a coupon on an out of print title... I'd have equal luck finding it in a B&M store these days.

I think issuing coupons for product that isn't available to most people is going to be the trend for a while. Most stores are going to carry so little inventory (after BB's final rounds of inventory thinning which I'm starting to notice) that in the near future the media sections will likely be a little pyramid of new releases (like your average food store). Everything else they'll expect you to order online where mfg Qs are not accepted. So these mfg Qs are going to become worthless. Coupons.com has fewer and fewer movie coupons, as does Disney for its new BD (re)releases. The few stores that still have inventory worth mentioning (like Fry's Electronics and Costco) don't accept manufacturer's coupon. I don't think FYE accepts them either?
Old 05-11-13, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 723 Likes on 590 Posts

Why would anyone want a ABC show on DVD?
Old 05-12-13, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts

Went into Best Buy tonight with the coupon. They had 1 copy of Private Practice left. But, the slip cover was bent and had creases, so I passed.

Also, I looked at the bonus features and ABC went cheap on the final season of this show. Only bloopers and deleted scenes. IMO, not worth it for $14.99 after coupon and only 13 episodes. I watched the season as it aired, so I'm in no rush to get it.
Old 05-12-13, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca

Old 05-12-13, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
Because there are still people out there that might be fans of certain shows on that network and not all shows released by ABC Studios are on ABC, just for your information. Perception is a perfect example of such. If you're not a fan, then simply don't buy them.
Old 05-12-13, 12:09 PM

I went to BB early on release day and there was no display of PP. I finally found it in the TV section in sequence. There were four copies.

I paid the $15 for it but wouldn't have paid more.
Old 05-12-13, 02:09 PM

I asked an employee at each store (BB and Target) to look up Private Practice S6 DVD in their system, and each employee told me that it was online only and no stores in the area carried it. It's useless to ask a Walmart employee what they carry and they have no way to look it up (as the expression goes "you might as well ask the cat"), but I couldn't find it and it only shows ship to store online for all stores.

So I stand by my original contention that this coupon is useless for many people because no B&M stores that accept mfg Qs carry the title... at least not in my area.
Old 05-17-13, 03:13 AM

I'm thinking of picking up Revenge season 1 at my local BB. Does anyone know
if the coupon in it (if it does have one) would still be good? Or is it long since
expired? Thanks in advance for any info.
Old 05-17-13, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by EdTheRipper
December 31st, 2012
I believe it expired.
Old 05-17-13, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by rmw650
Will there be one for Perception Season 1 as well, when it is released on 5/21/2013?
UPDATE: I'm probably figuring it'll be coming out on the day of release, which is 5/21/2013 as it happened this way for Private Practice S6 DVD set.
Old 05-18-13, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts

Perception, which is produced by ABC, but airs on TNT, apparently has the coupon. The new Best Buy ad says it's $12.99 after coupon. It was a 10 episode 1st season.
Old 05-18-13, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DJariya
Perception, which is produced by ABC, but airs on TNT, apparently has the coupon. The new Best Buy ad says it's $12.99 after coupon. It was a 10 episode 1st season.
The BB ad has the link for the coupon as www.perceptioncoupon.com

It's not working right now, but I would wager to guess that it will redirect you to the ABC website.
Old 05-19-13, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The BB ad has the link for the coupon as www.perceptioncoupon.com

It's not working right now, but I would wager to guess that it will redirect you to the ABC website.
James, as of 5/19/2013, both sites are showing nothing in terms of a coupon BUT I'm probably figuring it will show up on the day of release on 5./21/2013 as it did for Private Practice S6, as I have that same ad with that website on there, so I'll wait then as I have to go there anyways to get something else.
Old 05-20-13, 12:29 PM

The Perception S1 coupon link is live now.
Old 05-20-13, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by mcjw_serenity
The Perception S1 coupon link is live now.
Just printed one an hour ago and getting it tomorrow for a girlfriend at Best Buy.
Old 05-21-13, 10:48 AM

As we're talking about the Perception S1 coupon now (which isn't available going through abctvondvdcoupon.com), I'm curious which stores will actually carry any inventory of this?

The last coupon from ABC on Private Practice S6 was utterly worthless since no B&M store that takes mfg Qs in my area even carried it (not BB, Target, or Walmart). So, I called Target and they have a whopping ONE copy of Perception S1. Will Walmart even bother to carry it and if so how many copies? 1-3 max?

BB actually mentions Perception S1 in their ad, so they'll carry it, but how many copies? Probably less than 4? We're almost to the point where you can't even count on new releases showing up at B&M stores any more unless they were a recent theater release. I'm afraid soon most of these ABC coupons are going to be vaporware (stuff that doesn't exist in purchasable format).
Old 05-21-13, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana
BB actually mentions Perception S1 in their ad, so they'll carry it, but how many copies? Probably less than 4? We're almost to the point where you can't even count on new releases showing up at B&M stores any more unless they were a recent theater release. I'm afraid soon most of these ABC coupons are going to be vaporware (stuff that doesn't exist in purchasable format).
My local Best Buy only had 2 copies when I went this morning when they opened (and one was already gone when I found the shelf). That's absurd for release-day, especially if it's in the sales circular and they are advertising the coupon.
Old 05-21-13, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by kyle
My local Best Buy only had 2 copies when I went this morning when they opened (and one was already gone when I found the shelf). That's absurd for release-day, especially if it's in the sales circular and they are advertising the coupon.
Kyle, totally agree with you as I have to scramble around Best Buy stores in my area just to find one copy of this thing on the shelf. I mean, hell, it's a new release so why not carry it in store as you can only use the coupon in the store as well. If they don't have it, screw it, I'll go to Target or Wal-Mart and see if they carry it there...somebody should, you would think.
Old 05-21-13, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I got a copy at Target today and it was on sale for $16.99($6.99 after coupon).
Old 05-22-13, 10:22 PM

I got a copy at Target today and it was on sale for $16.99($6.99 after coupon).
I was about to add that, and I was definitely shocked to see the sale price that low before the coupon. When I found the set, there was no sale price tag under it... it just had $21.99 under it.

$6.99 is a very good deal for Perception S1.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.