Best Buy Ad 3 - 4 July 2011

TV on DVD/Blu-ray

$10
Heroes S1, S2, S3 each
Monk S1, S2, S3 each
Parks and Recreation S1
Rubber
Secret Diary of a Call Girl S1, S2 each
Tyler Perry's House of Payne, Vol. 1: Episodes 1-20, Vol. 2: Episodes 21-40, Vol. 3, Vol. 4, Vol. 5 each

$12
Eureka S1, S2, S4.0
Blue Mountain State S1

$13
Parenthood S1

$15
Forrest Gump BR
Weeds S1, S1 BR, S2, S2 BR, S3, S4, S5 each
Walking Dead S1

$17
30 Rock S1, S2, S3, S4 each
Godfather Collection
House S1, S2, S3, S4, S5, S6 each
Mad Men S1, S2 each
Nurse Jackie S1
Office S2, S3, S4, S5, S6 each
Psych S1, S2 each

$20
Mystery Science Theatre 3000: XX

$22
Spartacus: Blood and Sand S1

$25
Star Trek: Motion Picture Trilogy BR
Spartacus: Blood and Sand S1 BR
Battlestar Galactica (2004) S3 BR

$27
Freaks & Geeks: The Complete Series

$30
Star Trek: Original Motion Picture Collection
Little Rascals: The Complete Collection
Ten Commandments Gift Set BR
Bourne Trilogy BR

$32
Gangster Gift Set BR

$40
Godfather Collection BR
Transformers: The Complete Series

$50
Star Trek: The Original Motion Picture Collection BR

SyFy and USA Networks Fourth of July Sale: Sunday - Monday
Note that some items are already listed above.

$10
Alice
Monk S1, S2, S3 each

$12
Eureka S1, S2, S3.5, S4.0 each

$15
Caprica S1.5
Eureka S3.0
Ghost Hunters S5 Part 1, S5 - Part 2 each
In Plain Sight S1, S2 each
Monk S4, S5, S6, S7, S8 each
Psych S3, S4 each
Royal Pains S1

$17
Psych S1, S2 each

$19
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles S1, S2 each

$20
Battlestar Galactica (2004) S1, S3 each
Burn Notice S1, S2, S3 each
Covert Affairs S1
Dead Like Me S1
In Plain Sight S3
Psych S5
Royal Pains S2
Stargate Universe S1
Warehouse 13 S1, S2 each
White Collar S1

Note that both Target and BestBuy have stopped advertising some of their media sales because Amazon was price-matching them as soon as they were announced. Please post any in-store or on-line sales that you may discover during your visits to these retailers. All above prices were discovered on the interweb.
Old 07-04-11, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
Re: Best Buy Ad 3 - 4 July 2011

That's a great price for mst3k. I wish I hadn't bought it for $30 last month.
Old 07-04-11, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Fantastic price on the 10 Commandments blu ray gift set. Thought I would have to wait for Black Friday for that price.

Best Buy currently has free shipping on DVD/blu ray orders over $25 so you don't have to deal with in store pick up if you want free shipping.

Last edited by Classic Films; 07-04-11 at 07:36 PM.
Old 07-04-11, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Picked up Covert Affairs and Psych. They didn't even have the sales tag up.
Old 07-05-11, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I call these weekly unadvertised BB or Target deals the "weakly stealth deals". I unexpectedly went to BB twice on July 4th (long story that I won't explain other than to say I ended up having to go to 2 malls yesterday with BB stores in them so I ended up killing time there). I looked around the movie and game sections quite thoroughly, read through their ad, and saw no signs or hints of these items on sale (at least none that I was interested in).

There were a couple $10 DVDs I would've picked up from the list above, but I can't know to look for items that are kept secret and that don't have displays or shelf tags (at least not in the 2 stores I saw), plus this was posted so late in the sale (long after I had gone and come home). Others have posted that all of this stealth sale business ("crap" IMHO) is happening because BB and Target are quaking in their boots that Amazon is going to pricematch anything they advertise. And what if they do, are they going to die and cease to exist? No, they just make people like me miss the sales because I don't know about them... even when I'm there. I don't see that Amazon pricematched Fallout New Vegas which was listed in their ad, though Amazon is very slow to pricematch (they have to wait until after I've bought something locally).

(This has been a regularly scheduled complaint broadcast from Manzana(tm). We now return to your normal programming.)
Old 07-05-11, 09:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Manzana
I call these weekly unadvertised BB or Target deals the "weakly stealth deals". I unexpectedly went to BB twice on July 4th (long story that I won't explain other than to say I ended up having to go to 2 malls yesterday with BB stores in them so I ended up killing time there). I looked around the movie and game sections quite thoroughly, read through their ad, and saw no signs or hints of these items on sale (at least none that I was interested in).

There were a couple $10 DVDs I would've picked up from the list above, but I can't know to look for items that are kept secret and that don't have displays or shelf tags (at least not in the 2 stores I saw), plus this was posted so late in the sale (long after I had gone and come home). Others have posted that all of this stealth sale business ("crap" IMHO) is happening because BB and Target are quaking in their boots that Amazon is going to pricematch anything they advertise. And what if they do, are they going to die and cease to exist? No, they just make people like me miss the sales because I don't know about them... even when I'm there. I don't see that Amazon pricematched Fallout New Vegas which was listed in their ad, though Amazon is very slow to pricematch (they have to wait until after I've bought something locally).

(This has been a regularly scheduled complaint broadcast from Manzana(tm). We now return to your normal programming.)
I too was at BB yesterday and would've picked up Monk S7. It is still 14.99 on their website so there's still hope some of these prices will be in effect all week.
Old 07-05-11, 10:14 AM
Cool New Member

So these sales are already over? Darn...
Old 07-05-11, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by MaximumPower
So these sales are already over? Darn...
Some are, but I checked and others still are on sale according to the web site, so be sure to check.
Old 07-05-11, 01:24 PM

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Have people been able to use the $5 off DVD/bluray coupon with the sale prices? Coupon says off regular price.
Old 07-05-11, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Classic Films
Have people been able to use the $5 off DVD/bluray coupon with the sale prices? Coupon says off regular price.
Always a YMMV, but many(myself included) have had no problem whatsoever in having the coupon accepted on a sale item.
Old 07-05-11, 06:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Classic Films
picked up Monk S7 and S8 for 10 bucks each using two coupons on the same transaction.

There was another display of 14.99 TV DVD sets. Only glanced at it, but with the $5 coupon, they would be 9.99. Here is what I remember:
West Wing S2 and other various seasons.
Gilmore Girls - various season
Birds of Prey - complete series
Old 07-06-11, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Unlike the Monk seasons, the Heroes seasons are still regular price on their web site, and as the in-store stealth sale is over on many of the items, there's no point in me going.

Target had the same Heroes seasons on sale for the same price, but shockingly they were out of the 2 seasons I wanted at each store and shockingly they wouldn't give me a raincheck claiming they were discontinued or something. (I say shockingly because people know that I *never* expect a store to be out of stock of something and I *never* complain about it.) :-)

So the message from BB and Target to me is clear: rather than get them for $9.99 on DVD, simply wait a while longer and get them on BD for a little bit more. I can do that.