Reload this Page >

Home Improvement Complete Collection

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 05-03-11, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_os_product

They have it for $90.99 but with promo code HOMEIMPR takes off $20. Taking it to $70.99.

Taking the free shipping, and other promo credit, and taking surveys to get amazon gift credit I'm only paying $47.99 for my copy.
Old 05-03-11, 04:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Home Improvement Complete Collection

Thanks for the info! Since this is a pre-order, I'm sure Amazon will do what they typically do and drop the price a couple of days after release. Since the $20 off is good until 6/19, I'd hold off for now.
Old 05-03-11, 05:01 PM

I was about to order them separate back in February. I then found out about this. Preordered in March and cancelled it today just to get that new promo. I'm still trying to get my final price to around 40 by the 10th.
But right now I'm paying $6 a season.
Old 05-03-11, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 649 Likes on 471 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadToPerdition
Thanks for the info! Since this is a pre-order, I'm sure Amazon will do what they typically do and drop the price a couple of days after release. Since the $20 off is good until 6/19, I'd hold off for now.
But with a pre-order they'll do a automatic price adjustment if the price drops below your pre-order price. The $20 coupon is *not* factored into that equation so you'd still get $20 off the lowest pre-release price they post.
Old 05-03-11, 08:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
But with a pre-order they'll do a automatic price adjustment if the price drops below your pre-order price. The $20 coupon is *not* factored into that equation so you'd still get $20 off the lowest pre-release price they post.
Isn't the pre-order price guarantee only valid until the product is released? I don't typically pre-order items from Amazon, but I see people complaining frequently that the price was dropped a day or two after the product that they pre-ordered was released.
Old 05-04-11, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Tim Allen Presents: The Home Improvement User's Guide - Tim Allen and Richard Karn host a live reunion special

That bonus feature is apparently a 2003 TV special according to TV.com's episode guide making it in reality a 5th anniversary -- from the time it aired last -- "reunion".
Old 05-04-11, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 649 Likes on 471 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadToPerdition
Isn't the pre-order price guarantee only valid until the product is released? I don't typically pre-order items from Amazon, but I see people complaining frequently that the price was dropped a day or two after the product that they pre-ordered was released.
Yes, it is. I also didn't realize just how close to release this title it and how long the coupon is good for following release. Were it later in the month I'd go ahead and do a pre-order. This close... I might wait it out and see if it drops a bit lower following release.
Old 05-04-11, 09:40 PM

I had nearly 30 in amazon promo credits even if the price don't drop I'll get it for about $45. If it drops anymore that's great. At least I waited this time before buying the seasons separate. I bought 8 seasons of Married with Children the day I got the last one they announce a complete box set

I paid for the 2 day shipping to get it today and it didn't even leave FL until 10:45 pm today. Emailed Amazon at 7 telling them I expected to get it today and they told me

I've checked into your order and see that we are currently preparing it for shipment, and still expect to ship your items in time to be delivered by the date listed in Your Account:May 10, 2011.

but as a goodwill they're refunding my shipping fee.

Last edited by blackmage214; 05-10-11 at 10:04 PM.