Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

DeepDiscount.com: Flicker Alley's Chaplin at Keystone $48, Italian Straw Hat $17.24

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

DeepDiscount.com: Flicker Alley's Chaplin at Keystone $48, Italian Straw Hat $17.24

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-11, 12:16 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Their prices have always been this low at DD but they have rarely been in stock. I just checked and they are now in stock, but not for long I think. Everywhere else charges $10-20 more for these titles. I know DD can be unreliable but sometimes they do deliver.

"Chaplin at Keystone" is the definite DVD edition of the recently restored Little Tramp's earliest works. And "The Italian Straw Hat" is a classic European silent comedy. Both titles are highly desired but also very expensive and not available at Netflix (and never been shown on TCM either) as is usually the case for Flicker Alley titles.
Old 01-09-11, 04:19 PM

Re: DeepDiscount.com: Flicker Alley's Chaplin at Keystone $48, Italian Straw Hat $17.

Let me vouch for the quality of the Keystone set. I bought it when it was first released and it is indeed a 1st-class set. While the price may seem steep compared to other boxed sets, the work that went into the research and restoration of these shorts is nothing sort of exhaustive. Highly recommended.
Old 01-09-11, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: DeepDiscount.com: Flicker Alley's Chaplin at Keystone $48, Italian Straw Hat $17.

I ordered the Chaplin set as soon as I saw it go to $48 at DD, and have received it. I ordered The Italian Straw Hat during the last 20% off sale and it totaled $19.58, so $17.24 is a good price. The Flicker Alley titles don't go on sale often (not all of them were discounted during the DD sale) so anyone wanting these might not see them a lot lower for a while.
Old 01-10-11, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Chicago is 23 and change - a great price for a great set
Old 01-10-11, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Chaplin at Keystone
The Italian Straw Hat
Old 01-10-11, 07:41 PM

Don't forget La Roue. $26.93

Ordered this and Chaplin on the 5th and have shipping confirmation emails on both.
Old 01-11-11, 07:50 AM
Cool New Member

Chicago is and has been out of stock since who knows when.
Old 01-11-11, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by kevin_y
I got a shipping notice yesterday for it, Georges Melies Encore and The Italian Straw Hat. YMMV.
Old 01-11-11, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Same here - got an email that mine shipped yesterday.
Old 01-12-11, 07:46 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by RevKarl
I got a shipping notice yesterday for it, Georges Melies Encore and The Italian Straw Hat. YMMV.
You mean when you put it in the shopping cart, it showed out of stock, and it still got shipped? Never happened to me.
Old 01-12-11, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm not sure if they're also part of the sale, but J'accuse and Discovering Cinema are also recommended.
Old 01-12-11, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You mean when you put it in the shopping cart, it showed out of stock, and it still got shipped? Never happened to me.
Actually, Chicago and The Italian Straw Hat were listed as "in stock" when I placed my order, but Georges Melies Encore was OOS. As I stated above, I was notified that all three shipped on the 10th.
Old 01-12-11, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It was in-stock as late as the 7th when I ordered it.