DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 91 Likes on 22 Posts
Re: Hamilton Books

Found a couple good deals for you guys.

Ford at Fox: $49.95

http://www.hamiltonbook.com/ford-at-fox-collection

Elia Kazan Collection: $39.95

http://www.hamiltonbook.com/the-elia-kazan-collection

Both very nice sets. The Ford set is a BEAST!!!!!
Old 11-25-14, 11:11 AM
Defunct Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow! Those are great deals! I paid twice as much for each one and thought I was getting a steal. I'd snag a couple but I don't know anyone who would appreciate them as holiday gifts and I'm too lazy to try to flip them.

Thanks for posting!
Old 11-25-14, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any Black Friday deals on the horizon?
Old 11-25-14, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
Any Black Friday deals on the horizon?
Honestly those two are the best deals I'll be able to offer any time soon Folks.

We're not set up for limited time offers, being so mail-order centric. We hope to do that on our website eventually. Shows you how old fashioned we are that we haven't done it yet!
Old 11-25-14, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by John Sinnott
Wow! Those are great deals! I paid twice as much for each one and thought I was getting a steal. I'd snag a couple but I don't know anyone who would appreciate them as holiday gifts and I'm too lazy to try to flip them.

Thanks for posting!
I get a big kick when I see a great title like that on a list and that John Ford set stood out like a sore thumb. I brought one home for myself, had to, and it is just a beaut.

It would be even less but I had to factor in a little bit for shipping!
Old 11-25-14, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenWheels
It would be even less but I had to factor in a little bit for shipping!
No doubt! That sucker weighs in at ~12 pounds!
Old 11-27-14, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Glad to see this thread active again!

Great deal on some Severin Blu's. The HOUSE ON STRAW HILL pack I bought from HB included the ltd bonus DVD of the Video Nasties doc BAN THE SADIST VIDEOS!

Some random deals I found:
BAD GIRLS OF FILM NOIR, VOLUME 2: Columbia Classics $7.95
CULT CAMP CLASSICS, VOL. 1: Sci-Fi Thrillers $9.95 (WB 3-disc set)
THE BEING / COPKILLERS $2.95
VOODOO DOLLS / MADONNA: Maria's B Movie Mayhem $3.95
Old 11-27-14, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 229 Likes on 166 Posts

There's also a great deal on some out-of-print CasaNegra titles:

THE BRAINIAC - $2.95
BLACK PIT OF DR. M - $3.95
THE MAN AND THE MONSTER - $3.95
THE LIVING COFFIN - $3.95
THE WITCH'S MIRROR - $3.95

I ordered all of 'em.
Old 11-27-14, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by rbrown498

THE BRAINIAC - $2.95

I ordered all of 'em.
wOAH! I didn't see those at all! I don't yet have LIVING COFFIN.

Thanks for pointing those out, rbrown498! Let me know if you spy that 2-disc Vampire Collection from CasaNegra.

Oldies & Diabolik have been selling these CasaNegras lately for much higher prices. Did Synapse recently unearth these from their warehouse or something?
Old 11-27-14, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by rbrown498

THE BRAINIAC - $2.95

I ordered all of 'em.
The only two missing are the EL VAMPIRO Double Feature and THE CURSE OF THE CRYING WOMAN. Hey, Golden Wheels, see either of these on the horizon?
Old 11-27-14, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ordered these:

THE BEING / COPKILLERS - DVD $2.95
THE AVENGING CONSCIENCE - DVD $1.95
BLACK NIGHT - DVD $1.00
DARK FORCES: Special Edition - DVD $1.00
HOW TO SCORE WITH GIRLS / WHITE RAT - DVD $2.95
THE LIVING COFFIN - DVD $3.95
THE WITCH'S MIRROR - DVD $3.95
VOODOO DOLLS / MADONNA: Maria's B Movie Mayhem - DVD $3.95
THE WORLD SINKS EXCEPT JAPAN - DVD $3.95
BRAINIAC - DVD $2.95
PUNISHMENT PARK - DVD $1.95
Old 11-29-14, 01:12 PM
Defunct Account

I was excited when I saw The Living Coffin for $8 and Braniac for $16 at Oldies.com and ordered them yesterday. Luckily I stopped by this thread and was able to cancel the order this morning. For $7 more than those two at Oldies, I was able to pick them up along with 5 Jackie Chan Blu-ray discs, Ninja III on BR and Eagles over London. Whatta deal! The cool thing is that completes my Casa Negro collection of subtitles releases.

Last edited by John Sinnott; 11-29-14 at 03:25 PM.
Old 11-30-14, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
The only two missing are the EL VAMPIRO Double Feature and THE CURSE OF THE CRYING WOMAN. Hey, Golden Wheels, see either of these on the horizon?
I'll see what I can do, I believe I tried all the Casa Negra available but the lists change in odd ways. Titles go on, fall off, etc, often for no discernible reason (to me anyway). I hope to see this particular list again in a month or two.
Old 11-30-14, 03:26 PM

I have no background with non-US/UK horror, save for a few Italian films. If I wanted to dabble in a Casa Negra title or two, does anyone have recommendations?
Old 11-30-14, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The only two missing are the EL VAMPIRO Double Feature and THE CURSE OF THE CRYING WOMAN.
I'll throw in another vote/request for those two! I've had El Vampiro on a Amazon wish list for quite some time waiting for a reasonable price.
Old 12-01-14, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by thetao
I have no background with non-US/UK horror, save for a few Italian films. If I wanted to dabble in a Casa Negra title or two, does anyone have recommendations?
I have a real soft spot for Mexican horror films, so perhaps my recommendation won't carry much weight, but the only one of these Casa Negra titles that I didn't particularly care for was BRAINIAC. I really liked the others. They have a penchant for reworking typical American horror genre themes, yet making them their own. The films aren't scary, but they are marvelously atmospheric and filled with ominous dread. THE WITCH'S MIRROR, THE BLACK PIT OF DR. M are fantastic. THE MAN AND THE MONSTER is very good. THE LIVING COFFIN is a little slower in pace, but it's a rare hybrid horror/western and it's in wonderful vintage color. BRAINIAC wasn't bad, but it just didn't have the same quality as the others did and is pretty goofy, though I know it's a big cult film, so that's just a personal aversion.

GoldenWheels, thanks for keeping us updated. I guess I'll hold off now on the one I need to see if anymore come in as I'd like to maximize my order for shipping, but if you're running low on the CasaNegra titles, please let me know asap!
Old 12-01-14, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by thetao
I have a real soft spot for Mexican horror films, so perhaps my recommendation won't carry much weight, but the only one of these Casa Negra titles that I didn't particularly care for was BRAINIAC. I really liked the others. They have a penchant for reworking typical American horror genre themes, yet making them their own. The films aren't scary, but they are marvelously atmospheric and filled with ominous dread. THE WITCH'S MIRROR, THE BLACK PIT OF DR. M are fantastic. THE MAN AND THE MONSTER is very good. THE LIVING COFFIN is a little slower in pace, but it's a rare hybrid horror/western and it's in wonderful vintage color. BRAINIAC wasn't bad, but it just didn't have the same quality as the others did and is pretty goofy, though I know it's a big cult film, so that's just a personal aversion.
I rather enjoyed Brainiac, but as you indicate it's a pretty goofy affair and is similar to many "B" horror/sf films of the 50s in that aspect. I absolutely agree on the others I've seen with The Witch's Mirror being my favorite of the lot.
GoldenWheels, thanks for keeping us updated. I guess I'll hold off now on the one I need to see if anymore come in as I'd like to maximize my order for shipping, but if you're running low on the CasaNegra titles, please let me know asap!
Yes, please do! I need a few of those myself and am waiting to recover from BF as well as maximize a order for shipping.
Old 12-01-14, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'll check in the AM Prof...think I have a good amount and also think I can go back and get more, at least of these. There just isn't a big market for Spanish horror so they are not a bunch of titles I expect to disappear quickly.
Old 12-01-14, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

if you're running low on the CasaNegra titles, please let me know asap!
I'll check in the AM Prof...think I have a good amount and also think I can go back and get more, at least of these. There just isn't a big market for Spanish horror so they are not a bunch of titles I expect to disappear quickly.
Don't be too sure. There's at least 2 other film forums I'm aware of talking about these. HB's gotten some new customers because of these cheap CasaNegra DVDs.
Old 12-01-14, 11:07 PM

arrrgh I paid 4 for each double on this:
http://www.hamiltonbook.com/django-four-film-collection

$1 for all 4, + shipping though

super robot red baron complete series is also $1 but I read the subs are out of synch

some shriek shows for 1.95, a vinegar syndrome for 2.95
scream factory 4 movies on one disc for you for 2.95
puppet master and howling triples and some tgg 2fers same

Last edited by triste realtà; 12-01-14 at 11:16 PM.
Old 12-02-14, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
I rather enjoyed Brainiac, but as you indicate it's a pretty goofy affair and is similar to many "B" horror/sf films of the 50s in that aspect. I absolutely agree on the others I've seen with The Witch's Mirror being my favorite of the lot.
Bob, I think the problem I had with BRAINIAC is that I watched it with a group for heckling and even though it was pretty wacky, we didn't get a lot of laughs out of it so that may account for my disappointment. The other movies are too good for heckling, of course, but I had heard this one was ripe. Maybe watching it straight would prove to be a better experience.

I still need THE WITCH'S MIRROR (along with the unavailable EL VAMPIRO and CURSE OF THE CRYING WOMAN), which I agree is a great film, but if GW returns and says supply is diminishing, I will order WITCH'S on its own. Can't pass up this deal.

Living Deadpan, I always check your buy lists to inspire my own, so keep them coming!
Old 12-02-14, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^I purchased a copy of The Witch's Mirror ~3 years ago *used* for $8.50 and felt I got a good deal. With the current shipping it would be about the same amount today by itself for a *new* copy! I believe it was the first Mexican Horror I'd seen and I really enjoyed it. I have no clue why I didn't pick up many others before they all went OOP. I had El Vampiro in my cart and was waiting for a sub-$10 price when it suddenly went OOP and the price skyrocketed! I'd love to get a copy of that one. I was getting ready to make a purchase from HB but a new dishwasher started calling (my wife decided I'd waited long enough since the old one died) and I finally caved yesterday with a really good Cyber Monday sale (the *only* thing I felt was actually a "bargain" yesterday). It was more than I'd wanted to spend but because of the sale it's also better than I was originally looking at so I grudgingly accepted the purchase. It's possibly going to put a damper on a "quick" order though...
Old 12-03-14, 06:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Holy cow OK I checked these CasaNegras and they are selling better than I thought--so thanks for bringing this up to me. I need to go get more titles if I can!

(Prof Echo, I probably have about two month's left of Witch's Mirror.)

I am going to try and get the list again BUT there's long lead times on this stuff.
Old 12-03-14, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Holy cow OK I checked these CasaNegras and they are selling better than I thought--so thanks for bringing this up to me. I need to go get more titles if I can!

(Prof Echo, I probably have about two month's left of Witch's Mirror.)

I am going to try and get the list again BUT there's long lead times on this stuff.
Many thanks for the update, GW. I just got the new printed DVD catalog in the mail yesterday and will look it over and order WITCH'S MIRROR asap. I don't want to miss out on it. A more or less window of two months should give me enough time to find something to group it with.

Bob, I recently took a chance ordering THE MAN AND THE MONSTER and BRAINIAC "previously viewed" (i.e. rental copies) from GoHastings. Surprise, they came brand new and only cost me $1.99 each shipped! One of my better deals, but the prices here at Hamilton are nearly as good.

I would love it if GW could score some copies of EL VAMPIRO and THE CURSE OF THE CRYING WOMAN, but I hope he won't raise the prices now that he knows how eagerly sought after they are!
Old 12-03-14, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I expect to have an update by Friday--I'm on it!

(one thing I can say now is: I am not raising ANY prices on the Casa Negra stuff! No matter WHAT I find. Everyone can make out very well here and that is always the goal!)

I do have a Q though....does anyone know why there are multiple skus for some of the Casa titles, and why some are more valued than others? Is this a cut/uncut thing? For instance, look these up on Amazon if you please:

0883164900993, 78 min runtime, $19.95 on Amazon. (one I am selling currently)
BUT:
0654930310991, 85 min runtime, $69.99 on Amazon!

There's more than one title I see this on and I have no issue listing both. I'm guessing the run time has to be it but I also know run times on amazon are sometimes totally wrong!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.