Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Hamilton Books

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-12, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 91 Likes on 22 Posts
Re: Hamilton Books

Thanks Nate! I hate that per item charge on the website and am doing my best to change it to a flat charge when we move to a new design but not everyone here agrees with me.
Old 03-29-12, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Hamilton Books comes through again, they took care of my order problem without any hassle. Thanks guys, see you again soon!
Old 10-24-12, 05:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

VERY nice site redesign for this online discount retailer! Just wanted to call people's attention to it; I do not work for the company, lol, just a generally satisfied customer that uses them on a regular basis.

Recently snagged a nice order from them, incidentally (pre-site redesign):
both All-New Super Friends Hour volumes: 9.95 apiece
Mythbusters Vol. 6: 7.95
Gates of Heaven: 3.95

Shipping added, the whole order was just over $30. Received it within the week.
Old 10-24-12, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

^Thanks for pointing the redesign out! It's very nicely done, especially when compared to the previous site. There are a few places it needs a bit of tweaking but overall it's a vast improvement!
Old 10-25-12, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hey guys thanks a ton for noticing...we just went live YESTERDAY so Nate is ON IT. Thanks for the mention man!

Bob is 100% right, we still have many a tweak to do (my life for the last 36 hours has been notes notes notes and I have already stared at this things for MONTHS in the testing phase, I'm going a bit batty honestly) but it is SUCH a big step up over our old site. It actually doesn't hurt your eyes after 5 mins of use. (I hated that old site! LOL)

Bob if you have tweaks, you can tell me or submit them online through your account as a comment. We're responding to them and getting them switched (if possible) as soon as we can.
Old 10-25-12, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you could add multiple selections of publishers to the power search, that would be great.

But yeah, the site is much easier to use now.
Old 10-25-12, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So you'd be able to search across multiple publishers as opposed to re-running the search with a new selection each time? Am I getting that right? If so I'll toss that one up and see what they say Starman.

A lot of whether or not stuff gets done right now is how important/easy it is to do, so don't worry if stuff doesn't happen right away, we may still be working on it.
Old 10-26-12, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, it's not a big deal, but I tend to look at 4-5 publishers specifically so it would just save a little time.
Old 11-14-12, 06:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Shhh ... don't tell the spouse, 'cause she'll plotz ...

American Gothic 3.95
Bettie Page: Varietease/Teaserama 7.95
Corpse Mania 7.95
Fallen 5.95
Fraternity Vacation/Reform School Girls 7.95
Hollywood Boulevard: Roger Corman Classics 11.95
Modesty Blaise 7.95
Penn & Teller: Off the Deep End 3.95
Primitive Love/Mondo Balordo 7.95
Adventures of Tintin: Season One 11.95
Night at the Opera 5.95
Village of the Damned/Children of the Damned 7.95

Total (w/ shipping) 99.70
Old 01-14-13, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hamilton Books remains awesome in 2013. An order I placed earlier this month arrived in a week and I just placed another, though I was upset to see that I couldn't spend as much money I wanted to since 2 things were gone.
Old 01-16-13, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ha! Thanks for the bump Seth! And sorry those two things were gone!

I would list some things I think are REAL good deals but Internet Brands wasn't real happy last time I did that. (Understandably I might add, this is their site and their rules). But the new site makes it WAY easier to search now.

This would qualify as "news" though I guess, so I'll mention we are working on doing more Grindhouse exclusives with Full Moon, we should have more neat Hammer exclusives with Synapse in the near (hopefully!) future, etc. As CAV Distribution continues to grow (great guys over there, and a great company) we are picking up more lines (Mondo, Vinegar, etc). We're too small to keep DVD alive on our lonesome but I promise we'll be one of the last men standing!!!!
Old 01-16-13, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by GoldenWheels
Ha! Thanks for the bump Seth! And sorry those two things were gone!

I would list some things I think are REAL good deals but Internet Brands wasn't real happy last time I did that. (Understandably I might add, this is their site and their rules). But the new site makes it WAY easier to search now.

This would qualify as "news" though I guess, so I'll mention we are working on doing more Grindhouse exclusives with Full Moon, we should have more neat Hammer exclusives with Synapse in the near (hopefully!) future, etc. As CAV Distribution continues to grow (great guys over there, and a great company) we are picking up more lines (Mondo, Vinegar, etc). We're too small to keep DVD alive on our lonesome but I promise we'll be one of the last men standing!!!!
It's my fault the stuff was gone, I hesitated for weeks on them haha. I'm really excited that you guys are adding in more CAV lines.
Old 01-16-13, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Ed's is one of the best places to go for IMAGE titles, but you have to be careful with IMAGE now. It looks like they are re-releasing product on undisclosed DVD-Rs. Also they are no longer including inserts on re-releases of titles that originally had them. I had to search for an old copy of CARTOONS THAT TIME FORGOT to get the informative inserts. I stay away from anything with the new IMAGE logo.
Old 01-16-13, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SethDLH
It's my fault the stuff was gone, I hesitated for weeks on them haha. I'm really excited that you guys are adding in more CAV lines.
I'd say pay attention to them. I'll add anything they bring in pretty much, and they have been super-aggressive about acquiring new lines in the past year.

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
Ed's is one of the best places to go for IMAGE titles, but you have to be careful with IMAGE now. It looks like they are re-releasing product on undisclosed DVD-Rs. Also they are no longer including inserts on re-releases of titles that originally had them. I had to search for an old copy of CARTOONS THAT TIME FORGOT to get the informative inserts. I stay away from anything with the new IMAGE logo.
And full disclosure--sometimes we catch that and mention it in the copy, other times not. Most of our stuff is very new (but we have OS that isn't) so if you have a q on it...I'd check online at Az, etc, to see if it is a DVD-R. I know we have a lot of them that ARE DVD-R. My normal customer doesn't mind but I know many do so if you have a Q...get'em from somewhere that is SURE!
Old 01-16-13, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

But the new site makes it WAY easier to search now.
It may be easier to search, but items come up in the results that aren't available, so the search results aren't completely valid. One example is:
PENN & TELLER: Off the Deep End
Can't add it to my cart, and if I try to go directly to the item, it says "This product is no longer available!"
Old 01-16-13, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
It may be easier to search, but items come up in the results that aren't available, so the search results aren't completely valid. One example is:
PENN & TELLER: Off the Deep End
Can't add it to my cart, and if I try to go directly to the item, it says "This product is no longer available!"
I'm going to look into this ken. The only way this should be able to happen is if you catch us on the last copy remaining, that someone else just bought (literally that day), BEFORE the daily data upload. It's not a truly live inventory because of the way we have to host the site and do our upload.

I can't find that title now by searching. Please let me know if you still can, you shouldn't be able to. If you can, something be wrong and I want to figure out what it is!
Old 01-16-13, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hey GW, do you guys ever re-stock DVD titles after they sell out and are taken down from the site?
Old 01-16-13, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

I wish you luck. My online (since 1998) cd & dvd business is in process of going under.
Old 01-17-13, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SethDLH
Hey GW, do you guys ever re-stock DVD titles after they sell out and are taken down from the site?
Sure, especially if it is overstock stuff. Often the same stuff goes OOS with one company and comes back with another. But sometimes we never see it again too.

Frontline/new DVDs are usually different...they are available indefinitely (In theory) so they only get pulled if the company is slow to restock/repress or if the sales are very poor. So in those cases it's less likely to see it again. BUT if a title was good, I'll always restart it.

Something in particular you had in mind Seth? I can probably tell you if there is at least a chance if I know the titles.
Old 01-17-13, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
I wish you luck. My online (since 1998) cd & dvd business is in process of going under.
I'm sorry to hear that Moo. I'm very blessed in that we have the books to fall back on and be the backbone for all this. Of course, there's kindles, nooks, etc, but we haven't felt any blowback from that just yet.

Honestly our DVD sales have skyrocketed the past five years, only leveling off just now. We have a GREAT base of incredibly loyal customers.
Old 01-17-13, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Intruder blu-ray from Synapse and The Basement retro collection (don't remember who put it out but it comes with a vhs tape and dvds)
Old 01-17-13, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sadly they won't be back barring a miracle Seth (there's a CHANCE Basement shows up as OS someday but not likely).

I can see why you wanted them (pretty good prices) but the reason they got to a good price was that I pricecut both titles multiple times. Intruder went from 22 to 18 to 15 to 10 over 6 months. And that was still my original 30 count case! Basement I cut from 28 to 20 to 18 to 15. Again, still my original case! Terrible sellers for us sadly. Sorry man!
Old 01-17-13, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sadly they won't be back barring a miracle Seth (there's a CHANCE Basement shows up as OS someday but not likely).

I can see why you wanted them (pretty good prices) but the reason they got to a good price was that I pricecut both titles multiple times. Intruder went from 22 to 18 to 15 to 10 over 6 months. And that was still my original 30 count case! Basement I cut from 28 to 20 to 18 to 15. Again, still my original case! Terrible sellers for us sadly. Sorry man!
No problem, my fault for not biting on them when they hit 10 and 15 respectively.
Old 01-18-13, 09:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad I checked this site, found a shout factory exclusive corman title for $10.

Grabbed Streets/Angel in Red and Strange Behavior for $18 shipped.
Old 01-18-13, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dan31655
Glad I checked this site, found a shout factory exclusive corman title for $10.

Grabbed Streets/Angel in Red and Strange Behavior for $18 shipped.
They are a great company and work with us to do some neat deals. I believe we have the whole line of Cormans discounted (subsequently I now have ALL the Cormans at home myself! )

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.