Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Big Lots Part 9 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Big Lots Part 9 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-10, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Big Lots Part 9 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Originally Posted by GMan2819
New ones spotted not in the master list:
JAG S3
Sleeper Cell S1
Woody Woodpecker and Friends Classic Cartoon Collection V2
sweet Im look for that one.

Originally Posted by deet
Beverly, NJ
$6 DVDs:
Stella S1
Bee Movie (two disc)
Father of the Pride
Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit
$6??? I brought it for $5 at Wal-Mart last year.
Old 11-27-10, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by Manzana
Then I went back to the store which had put theirs out early and sold out weeks ago and was shocked to see they had 1.5 boxes left of completely different stuff so they obviously got new shipments. I got 15 sets there (I'll never know what the 3 other sets were). What was lucky for me is the 1 guy also looking through it was reading the back of each set trying to decide while I quickly grabbed 1 of everything without looking, then he looked surprised that his choices went from 15 different sets to about 5 in the 10 seconds he read the back cover. I must be unique in the grab first, decide later strategy.

Now to decide which ones to keep, trade, and return over the next month.
Dick.
Old 11-27-10, 02:15 AM

I hope some of these survive or resurface over the next few weeks.

Whoa! I'd love to have that one!
Old 11-27-10, 04:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Picked up:

Bosom Buddies S1
Mork and Mindy S2
Beverly Hillbillies Official S2
Sabrina S4
Odd Couple S5
Police Squad Complete Series
Fugitve S1 V1
Fugitve S1 V2
Star Trek Fan Collective: Klingon
Lets Scare Jessica To Death

Last edited by laserdogg; 11-27-10 at 05:52 PM.
Old 11-27-10, 04:38 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by GMan2819
New ones spotted not in the master list:

The Woody's have been showing up at East coast chain Ollies Bargain Outlets for $6.99 I don't think quantities will warrant an ad,and,outside of Ellen S1,this is the only TV I have seen at Ollie's for a while.
Old 11-27-10, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DarkRavenII
I hope some of these survive or resurface over the next few weeks.

Whoa! I'd love to have that one!
This is six bucks at Amazon Market Place, so you might just be paying a couple extra bucks for postage over BL (with tax).

Originally Posted by SeymourGams

Originally Posted by Manzana
Then I went back to the store which had put theirs out early and sold out weeks ago and was shocked to see they had 1.5 boxes left of completely different stuff so they obviously got new shipments. I got 15 sets there (I'll never know what the 3 other sets were). What was lucky for me is the 1 guy also looking through it was reading the back of each set trying to decide while I quickly grabbed 1 of everything without looking, then he looked surprised that his choices went from 15 different sets to about 5 in the 10 seconds he read the back cover. I must be unique in the grab first, decide later strategy.

Now to decide which ones to keep, trade, and return over the next month.
Dick.

Actually he may be doing YOU a favor by trading something to you that YOU WANT.

Well, probably not now.

Last edited by That'sAllFolks; 11-27-10 at 07:43 AM.
Old 11-27-10, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts

The worst I do when I'm undecided about something is I hang onto it til I'm done looking through everything, then before checking out I go through everything I've grabbed and put back anything I decide I don't want.
Old 11-27-10, 08:57 AM
Suspended

Southside Allentown,Pa.(Lehigh St.) has a number of TV sets this Sat. AM as I write. Titles seen include CSI:NY S3,Twin Peaks S2,Family Ties,Cheers S9,Sabrina S 1,90210,Family Ties(both orig. and new)and the Cleaner. I was hoping that a Police Squad got lost in the regular stuff(isn't this a regular size
DVD box?;there were only six 1/2hr. episodes made and they're on one disc)but no such luck.
The Nick stuff twists in the wind. Besides having limited value to adults,these shows are long gone from Nick's lineup and your basic ten year old probably has no knowledge of Rugrats,Pete & Pete & Zoey(before she pulled a Bristol Palin) . Not saying some of this stuff ain't bad(early Rugrats and the Holiday box are interesting)but it's been on the vine too long. $3 after Christmas will seem too much. Maybe they will mix in in the Christmas clearance and at 75% I might pull the trigger. And,as others have noted,the Wallace & Gromit movie is priced way too high. Where was that when the Halloween stuff was out?
Old 11-27-10, 09:04 AM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

The Nick DVDs are in tomorrow's ad at regular price.

Old 11-27-10, 09:10 AM

I picked up The Fugitive Season 1 Volume 1 and 2 yesterday at a Big Lots in Bossier City Louisiana. It looked either no one had noticed the seasons they had, or no one cared, because there were a ton of them. They had a ton of CSI, 7th Heaven, Hawaii Five O, Bosom Buddies, Police Squad, etc.... The only Star Trek I saw was the Klingon one. I was in and out of there in about 5 minutes.
Old 11-27-10, 09:14 AM

I went to two BL in Atlanta yesterday, and the selections were completely different at each one, very hit and miss. It seemed as if they just took about a dozen different shows and included one or two seasons of each (maybe 10-15 copies of each season they have). The first store had things like Diagnosis Murder, Season 3, and JAG, Season 5. No other seasons, just those. The second store had a heavier concentration of CSIs, including three different seasons of CSI-NY.

I went to the first store about noon and the box containing the TV-season DVDs was over 90% full by the time I got there. I was at the second store after 3:00, and they still had about 80 DVDs left there as well.

So, it's rolling the dice on what you get, depending on what you like and what seasons you already have. My "haul"

Store 1 (Chamblee-Tucker):

Streets of San Francisco, Season 1, Vol 1 (they didn't have vol 2)

Store 2 (Sandy Springs)

Perry Mason Season 3, Vol 2
Perry Mason 50th Anniversary
Fugitive, Season 2, Volume 1
Stephen King Collection (The Stand, The Golden Years, The Langoliers)
Old 11-27-10, 10:16 AM

Check out the Oldies.com web site.....looks like they have lucked out and scored a batch of titles from this CBS / Paramount dvd dump....also poke around the site to find the Warner Clearance DVD's....lots of stuff that has been showing up at Big Lots for the last few cycles....but at much higher prices

The Clifton, New Jersey store has only a few titles

Cheers 7ths
Twin Peaks s2
The Fugitive s2 v1
The Odd Couple final season
Perry Mason s3 v1
CSI Miami s1
Streets of San Francisco s1 v1
Bosom Buddies s1

and a few more.....but only about 10% of the sale list.....
Old 11-27-10, 10:52 AM

My biglots in Jacksonville NC didn't have much of anything. I was hoping to pick up sabrina, and CSI. They had neither. They only had around 4 boxes of the same stuff. 7th heaven, Beverly Hill Billies, and other crappy stuff. Nothing I had been wanting. I did pick up the Hills season 1. They had 1 and 2. Which I hadn't seen mentioned.

My Big Lots always seems to be missing what everyone says theirs has. Hopefully they will get more in.
Old 11-27-10, 01:19 PM

I picked up that Woody collection a couple of years ago used on wherehouse.com. Had most of the Woody cartoons I remembered loving as a kid on the syndicated Woody Woodpecker show in the late 70s/early 80s. Only one missing that I remembered was the one with the fat kid telling Woody "I'm a doctor and I'm going to operate on youuuuuuu." But it has the classic, "If Woody had gone right to the police, this would never have happened." cartoon. And that might be worth the $6 price tag alone. It also has a Maw and Paw and Maggie and Sam cartoon on disc 3 which is awesome. I'd love to see a 3rd collection. Definitely a must buy if you find it and are a fan of Walter Lantz cartoons.
Old 11-27-10, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by TruBuffyFan
...was hoping to pick up sabrina, and CSI. They had neither. They only had ... 7th heaven, Beverly Hill Billies, and other crappy stuff...
One person's "crap" is another's treasure...

While the one here had Sabrina S1 (but not S2, 3, 4) and some CSI (which my wife likes but I detest) it did *not* have the Hillbillies. Even though I somewhat enjoy Sabrina and picked up a copy of S1 I'd have *much* rather had S2 of the Hillbillies...
Old 11-27-10, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by rkoradioman
Check out the Oldies.com web site.....looks like they have lucked out and scored a batch of titles from this CBS / Paramount dvd dump....also poke around the site to find the Warner Clearance DVD's....lots of stuff that has been showing up at Big Lots for the last few cycles....but at much higher prices
Seems to me also that Oldies has been raising their prices big time the last few months.
Old 11-27-10, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Think I'm up-to-date with the TV list. Anybody find anything not on list, LMK.

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
Seems to me also that Oldies has been raising their prices big time the last few months.
They are realizing some of these Paramount titles are OOP. But in reality their prices are not terrible on most of them. They do gouge a little though ... But for the non-DVD Talker/Bargain hunter, they are reasonable most of the time.

Originally Posted by rkoradioman
Are you sure? I don't see any evidence that they got any overstock ... only that they are selling some of the DVD sets.

Last edited by That'sAllFolks; 11-27-10 at 04:23 PM.
Old 11-27-10, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Stopped in a BL today and found the only set that I was interested in... The Borg Fan Collection. Also saw a bunch of the Twin Peaks S2 sets but it would have been a little pointless without S1 to go with it...

First DVD that I've purchased in five months or so...
Old 11-27-10, 05:21 PM

Clementon, NJ had:

Star Trek: Borg
CSI NY S2 & S5
CSI S7
Joan of Arcadia S1
Perry Mason S4 V1
Cheers S9
Family Ties S2
Twin Peaks S2
Happy Days S4
Caroline in the City S1
Friday the 13th S2
The Cleaner S1
Melrose Place S1
The Odd Couple S2
Sabrina S1

Only a handful of new $3 yellow-tagged movies were out, the most notable of which was Standard Operating Procedure.
Old 11-27-10, 06:06 PM

Pretty slim pickin's but I picked up 'Brotherhood' S1 & 'The Fugitive' S1V1...
Old 11-27-10, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by deet
Clementon, NJ had:

Star Trek: Borg
CSI NY S2 & S5
CSI S7
Joan of Arcadia S1
Perry Mason S4 V1
Cheers S9
Family Ties S2
Twin Peaks S2
Happy Days S4
Caroline in the City S1
Friday the 13th S2
The Cleaner S1
Melrose Place S1
The Odd Couple S2
Sabrina S1

Only a handful of new $3 yellow-tagged movies were out, the most notable of which was Standard Operating Procedure.
My Big Lots had that exact same selection. Glad to see I didn't miss anything. My store opened an hour earlier than advertised in the paper and nothing had been touched when I got there.
Old 11-27-10, 06:57 PM
Cool New Member

None of those $6 tv sets on either one of the stores close to me. Of course the stores have been packed fri and sat so for all i know they went fast.

Oddly enough literally dozens of folks grabbing $5 dvd movies while the $3 ones seem untouched.
Old 11-27-10, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
^The packaging is similar to the clamshell on the original series releases. There should not be floaters inside due to the design, but it's not a good setup. Plastic "pages" with a tape hinge. It's more inconvenient than anything but it's sturdy. I got one at WM for $15 and do not regret it at all. It's a very good series in spite of the packaging. If you're a fan of TOS you should own this as well.
There were three copies of "Star Trek: The Animated Series" when I went to Big Lots this morning. All of them were okay, no floaters inside, so I went ahead and bought one. Haven't seen the series since it aired on Nickelodeon in the late '80s. Also bought "Wild Wild West: Season 3". Good Deals.
Old 11-27-10, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I lucked out and was able to grab the two $6 sets I was looking for: Stella: Season One and The Adventures of Pete & Pete: Season Two at the Big Lots on Woodruff Rd. in Greenville, SC.
Old 11-28-10, 11:41 AM
Cool New Member

The only new tv sets they had were, zoey 101 season 1. they had 3 to 4 copies of that set, they had mind of mencia season 1 and 2, star trek animated series and the woody woodpecker volume 2 which I decided to check out

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.