Butcher, The

Pandemic

Soul Assassin

Sharpshooter
Old 04-15-12, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Dollar Tree DVDs

The DVDs are listed on my receipt as "Sony Vivendi DVD". That should give a clue as to their main focus this time around.
Old 04-15-12, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 223 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Shawerma
Perkinsun which store in ca had those .Also was there more of the titles you got.
Alhambra. There were multiple copies of most titles.
Old 04-15-12, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by cardsfan111
Guess it's about time to check out the local Dollar Tree. Nice finds.
Absolutely nothing at my local store. Searched in all the usual places and the unusual ones as well. Finally asked the cashier as I was leaving who indicated they didn't have any DVDs currently.
Old 04-15-12, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

My store did not have squat.
Old 04-16-12, 10:16 AM

Zippo bippo at my crappy Dollar Tree. So typical...
Old 04-16-12, 06:17 PM

Picked up another batch today:

Elite Squad

Finishing The Game

Flakes

Great Debaters, The - 2 disc set

Rent Control

Sharpshooter

Slipstream

Stander

Starship Troopers 2

Street Warrior

Sweet and Lowdown

Walking Tall - The Payback
Old 04-17-12, 09:08 AM

There is a reason stores didn't have them...they were put out too soon! Couldn't find any at my nearby dollar tree, saw a manager looking type putting stuff out and asked about the DVDs, and he said they didn't have any...yet. I said I had read on the web about all this great dvds folks were finding and he said those stores(and some regional/district managers care more than others) had gotten in trouble because they aren't supposed to be on sale til Friday. Seems like an odd day, but he said they are the deal of the week, and you should have the deal of the week that has been advertised....so your local store may not suck...they were just doing the right thing. Of course, someone can still come in at 9:01(or whenever they open) and clean them out!
Old 04-17-12, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Appreciate the heads-up, berigan. Might drop by again. If I find them then, I'll be sure to tell the cashier that I'm sorry for thinking that their store sucked.
Old 04-17-12, 12:45 PM

DVDs at my local stores disappear like nothing. There was a girl working there whose dad setup at a flea market. Whenever they had DVDs come in, she would let him know and he'd buy everything they had on the shelf. My other closest store very rarely gets anything. The last time I saw on here that people were finding movies, I went over there and no one knew what I was talking about.
Old 04-17-12, 01:39 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

They made a Far Cry movie?!
Old 04-17-12, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by walletboyniac
They made a Far Cry movie?!
Directed by Uwe Boll, unfortunately.
Old 04-17-12, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Went to a store I'd never been to before, they had a couple stacks of DVDs in a basket with bags of popcorn. A whole bunch of copies of 1408 (fullscreen) and The Great Debators, 1 Johnny Cash and a couple other titles that they had maybe 3-4 copies each of that I can't remember. I'd be pumped to find any of the Dragon Dynasty titles for $1.
Old 04-18-12, 11:08 AM
CVB

Finally found some of the new titles at one of the DOLLAR TREES in Orlando....
I got the following....

FARCRY ( VIVENDI ENTERTAINMENT ) WIDEscreen - NOT rated ( Emmanuelle Vaugier - Udo Kier )

STONE ANGEL ( VIVENDI ENTERTAINMENT ) WIDEscreen - rated R ( Ellen Burstyn - Ellen Page )

DEAD BROKE ( WARNER BROS ) FULLscreen - rated R ( Jill Hennessy - Paul Sorvino )

OSAMU TEZUKA'S METROPOLIS - ANIMATED ( COLUMBIA / TRISTAR / SONY ) WIDEscreen - rated PG13 ( TWO disc set - NOTE: the 2nd disc is smaller than standard size ) Cardboard case with plastic trays

RENTCONTROL ( FILMMATES ENTERTAINMENT ) FULLscreen - NOT rated ( Carmen Electra and her twins - Melissa Joan Hart )

NED AND STACEY: COMPLETE FIRST SEASON ( SONY ) FULLscreen - NOT rated ( Thomas Haden Church - Debra Messing ) 3 disc set in slimline cases - in cardboard slipcase

WALKING TALL: THE PAYBACK ( SONY / MGM ) WIDEscreen - rated R ( kEVIN SORBO )

1408 ( DIMENSION / GENIUS ENTERTAINMENT ) WIDEscreen - rated PG13 ( John Cusack - Samuel L Jackson ) - all the rest were FULLscreen - Also got one FULLscreen version for my sister....

There were other titles, but I can't remember what they were. I only got what I thought I might like or what other family members might like.
Old 04-18-12, 12:05 PM

Went into the local D and at first didn't find any of these, then at the end of an aisle I saw them on an end cap.

Snagged How to Rob a Bank, Ned & Stacy: Season 1 and Party of Five: Season 1
Old 04-18-12, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by berigan
There is a reason stores didn't have them...they were put out too soon! Couldn't find any at my nearby dollar tree, saw a manager looking type putting stuff out and asked about the DVDs, and he said they didn't have any...yet. I said I had read on the web about all this great dvds folks were finding and he said those stores(and some regional/district managers care more than others) had gotten in trouble because they aren't supposed to be on sale til Friday. Seems like an odd day, but he said they are the deal of the week, and you should have the deal of the week that has been advertised....so your local store may not suck...they were just doing the right thing. Of course, someone can still come in at 9:01(or whenever they open) and clean them out!
Nothing at the recently re-opened Greenfield, MA store. Will check again Friday. The "Deal of the Week" was a hardcover book.
Old 04-18-12, 09:33 PM

Current batch of reported DVDs @ DT:

Alex Rider: Operation Stormbreaker
Americanizing Shelley
Beautiful People
Blonde Ambition
Blood & Chocolate
Butcher, The
Contractor, The
Cross Bronx
Dead Broke
Elite Squad
Far Cry
Finishing The Game
Flakes
Great Debaters, The - 2 disc set
Gross Misconduct - Steve O
How To Rob A Bank
Johnny Cash - Unauthorized Biography
Kaena
Little Secrets
Marco Polo
Metropolis
Ned and Stacey
On The Outs
Pandemic
Party of Five - Complete First Season
PTU: Police Tactical Unit
Punch Drunk Love
Rent Control
Scary Movie 4
Sharpshooter
Shatter City
Slipstream
So Goes the Nation
Soul Assassin
Souvenir
Stander
Starship Troopers 2
Stone Angel, The
Street Warrior
Sweet and Lowdown
Thou Shalt Laugh - The Deuce

===

I also saw two different dvds of some anime show from CN but I forgot the name of the series...

Nice find on the widescreen version of 1408 since I must have looked through over 50 copies of that title and all were foolscreen...

There was also some type of innercity "Caesar" dvd I passed on {forgot the title}...

Last edited by chard31; 04-18-12 at 09:35 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-18-12, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Found about half of the titles in that list today. No Ned & Stacey, but I did score the only copy of Party of Five, and Beautiful People. Some of the titles there had UPC slashes, but nothing I bought did... I actually debated long and hard over buying some of the titles. After I got home I was like "DUH, it's only $1 each! I should have just bought them!"
Old 04-19-12, 09:34 AM

I stopped by the only Dollar Tree near me yesterday. I assume all of these DVDs listed are normal sized DVD cases and not slim ones? I only looked through the normal sized ones of which they had maybe 6... 3 of which were Far Cry. I really only wanted Party of Five and Great Debaters, and I found 1 Party of Five dropped behind the wire rack at the back which is the only reason it was still there. Other than that my store had pretty much diddly squat of the normal sized DVD cases.
Old 04-19-12, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Looks like the earlier report was correct in that some stores simply hadn't gotten them or put them out. Stopped by this morning, and it appeared a brand new display at been set up front and center as I entered the store.

Picked up:

Beautiful People: Complete Series
The Contractor
Dead Broke
The Great Debaters (2-Disc) - UPC slash on each of the 2-discers I found. I don't think the single disc versions have the slash.
The Johnny Cash Biography
Ned and Stacey: Season 1
Party of Five: Season 1
Roxy Hunter and the Mystery of the Moody Ghost Movie (includes DVD, Secret Diary and Roxy Rocks! - I have a daughter, which I made sure to point out as I was checking out. )
Spooky House
The Stone Angel

I picked up an extra copy of Beautiful People, Ned & Stacey and Party of Five since I figured those would be the most desired by folks here (still leaving at least a copy of each behind). I know this thread isn't necessarily the place to offer these, but if anyone has an interest in trading for them, PM me a list/offer. I also don't mind selling them at cost, plus shipping, etc. but I'd be more interested in trading (though there's probably no other Dollar Tree titles I'm interested in at the moment). Thanks.
Old 04-20-12, 10:18 AM

I got Ned & Stacey and Beautiful People for $3 each from Big Lots around BF. I don't know if they are still around at those prices at BL because I so rarely go and look at their same-old same-old DVD section. At only $2 more than Dollar Tree it's not too bad if you can find them. Of course I'll guess these are probably difficult to find anywhere. Dollar Tree is scarce in my area so I have nowhere else to look for The Great Debaters. Oh well. I'll survive without it.
Old 04-20-12, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Found 3 new titles not on the list:
Mask of the Ninja
Moscow Heat
Running with Scissors

Last edited by GMan2819; 04-20-12 at 10:59 AM.
Old 04-20-12, 01:38 PM

Sure enough, they had a display at the entrance today. I picked up:

Beautiful People (2 copies - 1 for Amazon)
Running With Scissors
Finishing the Game
How to Rob a Bank
Rent Control (FF, but I'm a sucker for Sabrina The Teenage Witch)

The girl at the register said she got a copy of Party of Five. There was no PoF left, and no Ned & Stacey. I have a horrible memory, but there were some that weren't in this thread, including RFK, and a Barack Obama dvd.
Old 04-20-12, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went at opening this morning, and scored Ned & Stacey, and the 2-disc Great Debaters. With these, and the few I found the other day, I think I'm set. They were still setting up the display. 2 cases were out, and 4 more were being put out. I waited until all 6 cases were out, to make sure I didn't miss out on anything.

Last edited by kenbenobi; 04-20-12 at 03:12 PM.
Old 04-20-12, 09:35 PM

Picked up a few more:

Alex Rider
Pirates of the Great Salt Lake
Storm Hawks - Tales From The Atmos {anime}
The Man Who Loved Women

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.