Weekly DVD/BD Exclusive Listings, 05/02/10 and beyond

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Weekly DVD/BD Exclusive Listings, 05/02/10 and beyond

Old 02-25-11, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Weekly DVD/BD Exclusive Listings, 05/02/10 and beyond

Deleted

Last edited by Manzana; 03-06-11 at 06:34 PM.
Old 03-01-11, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Ajay C
Also, does anybody know if FYE has a poster or something else exclusive for this release?
Okay, I've been able to answer my own question. I checked with FYE yesterday, and they did indeed receive a poster with All-Star Superman. So there ya go.

That being said, is anyone else having trouble finding either the Target or Best Buy exclusive versions? I've been on the hunt since last Tuesday night (release date), and every area location has been out of stock. Store associates always seem to relish saying the words, "Sold out!" You should have been here earlier." And yet none of them can confirm that they personally even saw the damn things in store. As such, my belief is that most stores (in my NJ/NYC area) got few to none of these, and they have not replenished since. According to the Best Buy computer last Wednesday (1 day after release), no stores in the area had any in stock, with none on order and none in transit. At Target, none of our area stores have gotten any since the initial release last Tuesday. I wouldn't otherwise worry about this, except for the fact that when these places restock, it's rarely with their exclusive versions.

Anyway, just venting and wondering if anyone is having similar experiences...
Old 03-06-11, 04:27 PM

hello friends,

for Weeds Season 6 at TARGET,
i found an exclusive bonus CD with songs from the season

i don't think it was advertised in the weekly ad, as has occasionally started to be the case with target
Old 03-09-11, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

FYE

"Avril Lavigne - Goodbye Lullaby" CD; free bracelet.
Old 03-16-11, 02:33 AM

Was at Ain't It Cool News, a moment ago and a fellow named, Tinseltown Terror posted this. Best Buy will have an exclusive bonus track on the deluxe version (CD/DVD set). In addition, FYE/Suncoast (do they even exist now?) will have an exclusive mix track...

DuRaN DuRaN new cd info!!!!

Amazing band and amazing new album, Best Buy is the place to get it on the 22nd.

North America

ALL YOU NEED IS NOW will be available in CD and a Deluxe Edition CD/DVD package that includes a bonus song "Networker Nation" and a DVD featuring rare studio footage, exclusive commentary from the band about the 12 songs on the album, working with Ronson and more. The Deluxe also includes the video for AYNIN as well as a special foil packaging and a more extensive booklet. A vinyl release is expected in late April.

(** indicates a new album track)

1. All You Need Is Now
2. Blame The Machines
3. Being Followed
4. Leave a Light on
5. Safe (in the heat of the moment) (feat. Ana Matronic)
6. Girl Panic !
7. A Diamond In The Mind **
8. The Man Who Stole a Leopard (feat. Kelis)
9. Other People’s Lives **
10. Mediterranea **
11. Too Bad You’re So Beautiful **
12. Runway Runaway
13. Return To Now **
14. Before the Rain

Best Buy Special Edition:

Includes exclusive bonus tracks for the US on the deluxe version – "Too Close To The Sun" and "Early Summer Nerves" Best Buy includes "Networker Nation" and the DVD.

Transworld Special Edition:

Includes exclusive bonus track for the US on the standard version – "All You Need Is Now (Tom Middleton Cosmos Remix)"

I think I might get this. Reading the comments to the post; I was never ashamed to admit I liked the band, back in the day. I also enjoyed "The Go-Go's", "Men At Work", "Hall & Oates" and "The Fixx". I don't get that. Nowadays I listen to "VTG", "Ashbury Heights" and "The Birthday Massacre".

Here's the link.
Old 03-20-11, 06:23 AM

Wal-Mart

Disney's "Tangled" will have an exclusive Vanity Gift Set; DVD/Blu-Ray combo pack with brush and comb.

Old 03-24-11, 04:54 AM

Question.

On Tuesday I was at my local Wal-Mart and saw they had put out copies of "The Ten Commandments" re-release early. None of the DVDs I saw had a sticker or such saying it has exclusive content. Have others seen this? Did their copies have the notice?
Old 03-25-11, 07:41 PM

anyone know of any other exclusives for Black Swan besides the one that Target is having? Also, what exactly is the Target exclusive? Red Slipcover and BR/DVD combo?

Thanks in advance
Old 03-26-11, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by civiclx
anyone know of any other exclusives for Black Swan besides the one that Target is having? Also, what exactly is the Target exclusive? Red Slipcover and BR/DVD combo?

Thanks in advance
Haven't heard of any others. And yes it is a red slipcover and Blu-ray with DVD, versus the regular edition is Blu-ray with Digital Copy.
Old 03-27-11, 02:49 AM

Thanks Annie that is the one I'll be getting but hopefully l end up getting a digi for it
Old 04-06-11, 07:25 PM

I found a few Tron: Legacy exclusives people might want to know about.

FYE has a free poster with purchase.

Wal-Mart has the option to buy the Blu-Ray with a "free" lightcycle toy (although I think this package is actually $5 more than the stand-alone Blu-Ray title). For those who care about such things, it looks to be the same mold as the carded retail lightcycle (Hot Wheels scale), though it might be a unique color -- kind of a light aqua blue.

Toys "R" Us gives away a free copy of the graphic novel with purchase, although here again, this appears to be a repurposed retail item.

Target has nothing, Blockbuster seems to have nothing (hard to tell with the bankruptcy). I still want to check K-Mart and Barnes & Noble but have not been able to get there yet. If anyone does, feel free to chime in. I would imagine Borders has nothing either, but part of me wants to know for sure...

Say snausages, am I remembering correctly that you have a blog about such things, even though this thread seems to have died a slow death?

Old 04-06-11, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Ajay C
I found a few Tron: Legacy exclusives people might want to know about.

FYE has a free poster with purchase.

Wal-Mart has the option to buy the Blu-Ray with a "free" lightcycle toy (although I think this package is actually $5 more than the stand-alone Blu-Ray title). For those who care about such things, it looks to be the same mold as the carded retail lightcycle (Hot Wheels scale), though it might be a unique color -- kind of a light aqua blue.

Toys "R" Us gives away a free copy of the graphic novel with purchase, although here again, this appears to be a repurposed retail item.

Target has nothing, Blockbuster seems to have nothing (hard to tell with the bankruptcy). I still want to check K-Mart and Barnes & Noble but have not been able to get there yet. If anyone does, feel free to chime in. I would imagine Borders has nothing either, but part of me wants to know for sure...

Say snausages, am I remembering correctly that you have a blog about such things, even though this thread seems to have died a slow death?

Thanks for keeping this thread alive!

Yes I do usually list exclusives in the articles for each release. Here's the TRON: Legacy with the exclusives listed.
Old 04-06-11, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 573 Likes on 418 Posts

If that walmart tron light cycle,s blue then it might be an actual exclusive as the other cycles don't include a blue color in series one.
Old 04-12-11, 02:42 PM

Thanks, Annie -- will definitely keep an eye on your page going forward!

As for Tron: Legacy, I was able to check Barnes & Noble and K-Mart, neither had anything exclusive. I was not able to hit Borders, did anybody else check? Again, their bankruptcy makes it unlikely but sometimes these exclusive deals are done so far in advance that it's too late to scrub them.

To whotony -- as for the Wal-Mart lightcycle -- dude, it's refreshing to encounter someone who knows as much/cares as much about such minutia as I do. I'll try to give the color a better look when I revisit tomorrow.

I've not yet heard or seen anything exclusive for Narnia (which came out last Friday), but I've only checked Best Buy and Target. If anybody has found anything, chime in.

And speaking of frustrating Friday releases, this week's Harry Potter release at Best Buy comes with a bonus disc of additional content. If anybody knows of any others, let us know.

Hmmm... I should probably go check out Annie's latest news, perhaps some of my questions will be answered...
Old 04-12-11, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 573 Likes on 418 Posts

I only know cause I have the light cycles. The walmart one is blue I looked at it yesterday.
Old 04-12-11, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by whotony
I only know cause I have the light cycles. The walmart one is blue I looked at it yesterday.
cool then it is a wal mart exclusive?
Old 04-12-11, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 131 Likes on 106 Posts

Think I saw the light cyble at Sams also... but that is just Bulk Wal-Mart....
Old 04-12-11, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Here you go Ajay.. most of the exclusives.. if missing anything, lmk.

And the second link has a comparison of the prices in store.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1 DVD & Blu-ray Worldwide Exclusives

April 15, 2011 DVD & Blu-ray: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1
Old 04-20-11, 06:37 PM

According to the official snausages list (and my own store visits), Potter actually has 2 Best Buy exclusives! Never seen that before, don't like it one bit. One is the aforementioned Blu-Ray with a bonus disc of additional content (and lenticular slipcover), selling for the first week sale price of $22.99. These seemed to be the most plentiful at the stores I visited. In significantly lesser quantities, however, was another Blu-Ray exclusive -- this one coming with a slim booklet (about the making of the animated sequence) shrinkwrapped to the cover. This version came in a different slipcover and sold for $27.99. At least it did today when I finally found one, since they were not in great supply anywhere I looked on Saturday (and all those slipcovers were crushed).

Anyway, last but not least, Wal-Mart had a surprising exclusive I hadn't seen mentioned anywhere -- a 2-disc DVD edition! I'd heard there would be a version with a keepsake bookmark or something (which I did see), but this 2-disc DVD was a surprise. It's selling for $24.99, which is even more than the Blu-Ray. I actually ended up picking this up as well, since I'd already purchased the previous 6 installments on 2-disc DVD and I like the idea of keeping the series uniform. When I do finally upgrade the first 6 Potter films to Blu-ray, it will be with those book-sized "ultimate edition" thingies that are supposed to contain all previously-released material, plus more.

Anyhoo, that's my obsessive-compulsive report for the week. For more exclusives news, visit Annie's link above!

Last edited by Ajay C; 04-20-11 at 06:43 PM.
Old 04-21-11, 12:13 AM

I forgot to post about that.

Wal-Mart's exlusive gift set is a pen and a bookmark for the new "Potter" flick.
Old 04-21-11, 06:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks Ajay and JohnIan for confirming those exclusives.

Ajay, I can say the same re BB exclusives. I found more copies of the bonus disc and only one copy left of the extra 24-page booklet. You didn't miss any sales on the latter one, release date price was $27.99 also.
Old 05-07-11, 07:47 PM

Question for the group.

Where did the five postcards for 1408 come from?
Old 05-11-11, 05:18 PM

Sorry JI, do not know the answer to that one.

Adding a few exclusives from recent weeks that I came across last night (that I don't recall seeing mentioned here)

FYE - Green Hornet car/key chain

FYE - Harry Potter steelbook
Old 05-12-11, 04:34 AM

Took awhile, but found it.

It was available in the first pressing of the DVD. Not an exclusive.
Old 05-26-11, 06:27 PM

Best Buy will have an exclusive for season three of "True Blood".

It's a bottle opener with magnet - price? Basic $32.99 or $39.99 with trinket.

...so it's a seven dollar bottle opener. Joy.

I would've much preferred a bonus disc.

- - -

Looked at both Wal-Mart's and Target's websites. Nope. No exclusives for this. Last year Target had an extra disc.

Unless there is something more at Best Buy, since the print is real tiny, I'm gonna pass and just get the basic box set.

*shakes head* $7.00 bottle opener. If I wanted one I could go to the 99 Cent Only store and buy one.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.