Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Warner Archive sales

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-10, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Warner Archive sales

Originally Posted by greylocke5
If you are a member of the "Insider Rewards" program at WBShop you normally get 25% of Warner Archive titles ( and other non-Archive titles, too).. So single DVDs cost $14.96.

If you buy three titles on this sale you get $15 off one title, so it costs you $4.95. And then you get the other two titles at the Insider Rewards price of $14.96. So you get three titles for a total of $34.87, plus free shipping. That's $11.63 per DVD. That's an acceptable price for me, especially since I can pick any three I want.
You get free shipping yes, but there is sales tax, at least where I live (NY) so this adds on to that per disc estimate.
Old 06-30-10, 09:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are a member of the "Insider Rewards" program at WBShop you normally get 25% of Warner Archive titles ( and other non-Archive titles, too).. So single DVDs cost $14.96.

If you buy three titles on this sale you get $15 off one title, so it costs you $4.95. And then you get the other two titles at the Insider Rewards price of $14.96. So you get three titles for a total of $34.87, plus free shipping. That's $11.63 per DVD. That's an acceptable price for me, especially since I can pick any three I want.
I've been with Insider Rewards for almost a year and have never received a discount on an archive title.

Found this information in the Insider Rewards FAQ:

What WBshop Discounts do I have access too?

This month's WBShop Discount Codes are: 25% off of select DVD/Blu-ray titles from WBshop.com. 15% off of all Items in the Official Merchandise section of WBshop.com. To use your discount, go to www.WBshop.com and sign-in with the same email address and password that you use to login to the WB Insider Rewards Website. Your discounts will be automatically applied when items are added to your shopping cart. To view your discounts simply click on the shopping cart icon in the upper right corner. All coupons, discounts and offers are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the WB Insider Rewards Updated Program Rules Updated Program Rules.

----> So apparently the discount varies from month to month. Guess I've been unlucky enough to order when it doesn't apply to archive titles, or at least the ones I am ordering??? How are you supposed to know which ones, if any, are the "select" titles?

Last edited by JerryKILL; 06-30-10 at 09:09 AM.
Old 06-30-10, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by JerryKILL
I've been with Insider Rewards for almost a year and have never received a discount on an archive title.

So apparently the discount varies from month to month. Guess I've been unlucky enough to order when it doesn't apply to archive titles, or at least the ones I am ordering??? How are you supposed to know which ones, if any, are the "select" titles?
Most every $19.99 title has been automatically knocked down to $14.99 in my account basically since the Archive started up or shortly thereafter...with no code needed. Just reads that way after you log in. I assume it ought to be the same for you too. I don't believe the discount changes a whole lot either unless there's another promo going on, or those $19.99 titles have already been put on sale.
Old 06-30-10, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Silverscreenvid
This sale sounds better than it is. Because of their pricing structure, the minimum order that qualifies generally is three of the $20 titles, so essentially you are getting three titles for $15 each (plus tax). Even DD is doing better than that right now at $14 a title plus free shipping and no tax.
Depends on what you're buying. I bought two $15 titles and used the discount on TWO FOR A GUILLOTINE, which is ordinarily $25 (as it is a remastered title).

So I ended up getting a $25 title for $10, along with two "Regularly priced" $15 titles and free shipping (no tax for me either where I live). I think if you're buying one of the pricier titles, it's a good deal, because I wouldn't have spent $25 on Two For a Guillotine otherwise. And I doubt you'll ever see DDD have that kind of sale on that title.

Last edited by HockeyMan2000; 06-30-10 at 09:19 AM.
Old 06-30-10, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by HockeyMan2000
Most every $19.99 title has been automatically knocked down to $14.99 in my account basically since the Archive started up or shortly thereafter...with no code needed. Just reads that way after you log in. I assume it ought to be the same for you too. I don't believe the discount changes a whole lot either unless there's another promo going on, or those $19.99 titles have already been put on sale.
Thanks for the clarification. I think I've been missing the discount because I've only ordered during "other promos" (the big sales, value packs). However, I just added the Red Skelton Whistling Collection to my cart...no discount, but for Two on a Guillotine I did get the 25% discount. Hit and miss, it appears.
Old 06-30-10, 10:23 AM

Interesting to note that this only works if you add exactly 3 titles to your cart. If you add a 4th title (or more?) the Insider discounts are included to add up to the $15. However, with 3 titles you get the Insider discount PLUS another $15 off applied to the "non-Insider" title. You save a little bit this way, since the "non-Insider" title is the regular price not the discounted price. For me, it applied the $15 to the most expensive title (Two on a Guillotine), and then gave me Insider discounts on the other two ($19.95 titles). I guess it takes some experimenting to find out how to get the best deal for a particular set of titles.

Last edited by JerryKILL; 06-30-10 at 10:29 AM.
Old 06-30-10, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by JerryKILL
Thanks for the clarification. I think I've been missing the discount because I've only ordered during "other promos" (the big sales, value packs). However, I just added the Red Skelton Whistling Collection to my cart...no discount, but for Two on a Guillotine I did get the 25% discount. Hit and miss, it appears.
The Insider Rewards discount did not apply to the Red Skelton Whispering Collection for me either. I'll just have to wait for a sale that applies to multiple-films sets.

Also, when last weeks' new releases were first announced I started to order the new Bette Davis titles, thinking I would get the 25% Insider Rewards discount. But it didn't show up in my Shopping Cart. So I decided to wait. Then, when this 4th of July sale started, I tried again, and now the 25% discount applies to all the newly released single disc Archive titles.

So as JerryKILL previously noted, it's kinda "hit or miss." It pays to wait and see whether discounted prices and/or sales and/or value packs will be available.

Last edited by greylocke5; 06-30-10 at 06:13 PM.
Old 06-30-10, 06:13 PM

Addendum:

I didn't have to wait very long, as it turns out. I just ordered The Gathering (which includes its sequel) and The Bride Goes Wild for $14.96 each, plus the Red Skelton 3-DVD Whistling Collection for just $9.95, as they applied the $15.00 off to the Skelton set. So I paid a total of $39.87 for six movies, plus free shipping.

This is the best deal I've gotten from the Archive!
Old 07-14-10, 09:59 AM

Anybody ever try this volume discount deal?

Volume Discounts

Planning a big event?

Let us help you put together the perfect WBShop.com package at a discount! Whether you're a corporate events planner, planning a themed party, or a large personal or professional event, we're ready to help. With a minimum purchase of 15 items you may qualify for a volume discount. Discounts vary depending on the items selected, so contact us toll-free at 866-373-4389 with your requirements and we'll be happy to assist you. Please note that shipping charges for volume purchases are actual freight costs, and our standard shipping rates or free shipping offers do not apply to bulk purchases. Please also note that volume discounts are extended to our customers for their personal or professional use. Purchasing from WBShop.com in bulk for resale in other shops, including eBay, is not permitted, and all orders are subject to review and may be canceled at our sole discretion.
Old 07-15-10, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Save 30% on Select Science Fiction, Fantasy, Horror & Cult Films and TV

http://l.email-warnerbros.com/u.d?T4...6Kc1rd1tW=2721

They're $13.96 each.
Old 07-15-10, 12:52 PM
bse
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
Save 30% on Select Science Fiction, Fantasy, Horror & Cult Films and TV

http://l.email-warnerbros.com/u.d?T4...6Kc1rd1tW=2721

They're $13.96 each.
Thank you! The four titles I really wanted are on sale! Curse this Criterion sale happening at the same time.
Old 09-07-10, 11:06 PM

It looks like free shipping for the month of September on Warner Archive titles. No coupon code required.

Anybody know of any good active codes out there?
Old 09-24-10, 05:21 PM

SCIFI25 is now in effect until 11/30. 25% off select sci-fi movies and shows.

Has anybody that has ordered from them before done the "Get 15% off your next order at WBshop.com - Sign me up for special offers and insider information from Warner Bros.!"? I was wondering if they send a ton of junk or not.
Old 09-24-10, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 116 Likes on 82 Posts

Naw, you just get one or two emails a week about specials, releases, etc..
Old 11-11-10, 02:06 PM

Think the 5 for $55 sale will ever be back? Or something better?
Old 11-11-10, 03:14 PM

This week, until 11/15, everything is 30% off with free shipping except value packs (which are already discounted) and recent releases.

Does anyone know any current coupon codes?
Old 11-11-10, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 248 Likes on 176 Posts

Can you use a code twice? I used the SCIFI25 code few weeks ago.
Old 11-11-10, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by rw2516
Can you use a code twice? I used the SCIFI25 code few weeks ago.

Since your login is your email, if you have multiple emails (like a hotmail or yahoo email), you can have multiple accounts and make multiple orders, using coupon codes for each one.
Old 11-11-10, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

I bit with the $5 coupon in the companion thread + the 33% off. Bites on the sales tax, though. The only physical presence WB MAY still have in my state is a wholesale office.
Old 11-11-10, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The only one I bought was Michael Caine's Jack the Ripper with the 30% off sale.
Old 11-12-10, 06:30 AM

The "smodcast" coupon code for $5 off and the 30% off is a pretty sweet deal, but unfortunately the couple titles I was interested in didn't fall under the 30% off.
Old 11-12-10, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Coupon code ADAM is good for $5 as well.
Old 11-12-10, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 444 Likes on 251 Posts

Picked up 6 titles at $13.96 each and one at $17.46 each after 30% off. Used SAVINGS coupon to get $20 off. Total was $81.22 plus tax.

Also used 10% cashback at Mr Rebates.

EDIT: Re-Ordered all 7 using 7 different accounts using the $5 off code for each one and saved myself $15. Will refuse the first package when it comes.

Last edited by Jaymole; 11-13-10 at 11:19 AM.
Old 11-23-10, 05:08 PM

According to allvoices.com, this Thursday people will be able to purchase any 5 Warner Archive titles (single disc) for only $50 plus free shipping. The promotion starts Thursday the 25th and ends on Monday.
Old 11-23-10, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 332 Likes on 251 Posts

I'll go for that, reluctantly.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.