Reload this Page >

Warner Archive sales

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Warner Archive sales

Old 12-22-12, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Warner Archive sales

Watched the Doberman double feature I got and was pleasantly surprised at the quality. I probably won't blind buy too much from them, but I definitely won't bypass a movie I really want to see just because it's MOD (if the price is right, that is!)

Originally Posted by mythmaker18
I am so glad, though, that WB has figured out that limited pressings of titles that they expect to sell well initially is not only good for the consumer, but good for them, too. Can you imagine having to burn-on-demand all the pre-orders that Shazam! set must have gotten? I bet this happened to them some point in the recent past (too may orders to fulfill quickly) and some numbers-cruncher figured out it was actually cheaper to do it that way, given having to pay someone to sit there and burn all those discs!.
so are the pressed discs for Shazam sold out and now it's only the MOD discs? Are they doing that with all their new releases? If not, how do you know which ones they are issuing pressed discs initially for?

Last edited by That'sAllFolks; 12-22-12 at 09:13 PM.
Old 12-23-12, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

Sets with 3 or more discs will initially be pressed.
Old 12-26-12, 12:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The new sale is Buy 2 Get 1 free (on single discs) with free shipping. However, their website is currently acting very goofy, and when I entered three discs, it reset all the prices to zero, so I was able to place an order for $0.00.

I placed four orders and if they don't cancel, I'll get 12 discs for free. However, once they fix the problem, you still might be able to stack some things together on this sale so there might be some bargains available.
Old 12-26-12, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Silverscreenvid
The new sale is Buy 2 Get 1 free (on single discs) with free shipping. However, their website is currently acting very goofy, and when I entered three discs, it reset all the prices to zero, so I was able to place an order for $0.00.

I placed four orders and if they don't cancel, I'll get 12 discs for free. However, once they fix the problem, you still might be able to stack some things together on this sale so there might be some bargains available.
Wow, I hope you get them! I just checked and it's still showing up at ZERO, but you have to enter a credit card number in or you can't checkout. Won't they just charge the card the correct amount?

Last edited by ProfessorEcho; 12-26-12 at 12:49 PM.
Old 12-26-12, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
Wow, I hope you get them! I just checked and it's still showing up at ZERO, but you have to enter a credit card number in or you can't checkout. Won't they just charge the card the correct amount?
Since I never agreed to pay the "correct amount," I don't think they can charge me for it and I don't think Warner will push the point. They may cancel the orders which I wouldn't get upset about, or they may offer me some other type of discount.

I did enter my credit card and I checked out and got an e-mail receipt for Zero.

It appears that they have taken the link to the sale off the Archive's home page, but you can still access it through the e-mail link and the zero pricing glitch is still showing up.
Old 12-26-12, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 208 Likes on 130 Posts

Since I never agreed to pay the "correct amount," I don't think they can charge me for it and I don't think Warner will push the point. They may cancel the orders which I wouldn't get upset about, or they may offer me some other type of discount.

I did enter my credit card and I checked out and got an e-mail receipt for Zero.

It appears that they have taken the link to the sale off the Archive's home page, but you can still access it through the e-mail link and the zero pricing glitch is still showing up.
The e-mail link no longer works, at least not from my phone, so the WB crew must have wiser up. I guess last year's massive glitch taught them to act quickly when these errors turn up.
Old 12-26-12, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I didn't use any links to the site other than Google. Like SilverScreen I placed four orders and then considered a fifth, but it does look now like it has been fixed. I expect them all to be canceled unless their computer processes a few orders first. Thanks to Silver for the heads up on this as it was fun to shop even if the orders do get canceled.
Old 12-26-12, 05:47 PM

The glitch has been fixed so it's no longer one of their better sales. However, if anyone is interested, the SAVE5 coupon still works and stacks on top of the sale. So you can buy three titles with the SAVE5 for between $25 and $35 depending on the titles you select.
Old 12-27-12, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

This is pretty funny stuff ... until someone loses their job. It's not hard to envision a scenario that this was caused (partly) by someone filling in for another over the holidays. And now the bad news may need to be shared with one of the higher-ups who is off on holiday themselves ... yuck.
Old 12-27-12, 02:22 PM

Has anyone received a cancellation notice yet?

I placed one order yesterday and haven't received any updates one way or another.

Hoping they'll honor it or at least as Silverscreenvid said, offer an alternative
discount.
Old 12-28-12, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I wonder if they're not going to say anything and wait for people to inquire. Then they can say the site wasn't working and they have no records of the orders.
Old 12-28-12, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
I wonder if they're not going to say anything and wait for people to inquire. Then they can say the site wasn't working and they have no records of the orders.
I'm guessing they won't go that route as people reported getting confirmation e-mails, making the chance that they have no records ... an impossibility. They can simply own up to a processing problem (which is true). Why would they want to make a bad situation worse by lying?
Old 12-28-12, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I wouldn't think they would, but I was just speculating why there has been no word at all from them. I agree that lying wouldn't be the best option, but I'm so cynical about corporations I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they absolved themselves of all responsibility by simply ignoring what happened.

I also received confirmation e mails, but you certainly can't hold them to a glitch based on that, though I'm sure some will try. I expect they will just send out blanket cancellation notices, but I thought we would have gotten them by now.
Old 12-28-12, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Paul_SD
Sets with 3 or more discs will initially be pressed.
A potentially dumb question, as I'm not sure if Warner MOD is doing Sony sets -- is "Bridget Loves Bernie" likely to be pressed or (as I fear) on DVD-R? Thanks!
Old 12-28-12, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by redcon1
Has anyone received a cancellation notice yet?

I placed one order yesterday and haven't received any updates one way or another.

Hoping they'll honor it or at least as Silverscreenvid said, offer an alternative
discount.
I just checked my order history, and the first three orders (chronologically) that I placed all indicate they were shipped, and I've got tracking numbers for all of them. The first one indicates it's in transit (I've got a package ID number and exact weight), but there's no word on the other two yet.

Also, I looked back at my order numbers. I placed four orders over a 38 minute period, and the order numbers were all consecutive, indicating that no one else placed an order through the Archive website during that time period. So if they fixed the glitch in a couple of hours, there probably weren't that many total orders placed.
Old 12-28-12, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by laserken
A potentially dumb question, as I'm not sure if Warner MOD is doing Sony sets -- is "Bridget Loves Bernie" likely to be pressed or (as I fear) on DVD-R? Thanks!
No. The only ones that will be pressed are WB branded titles.
Old 12-28-12, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just checked my order history, and the first three orders (chronologically) that I placed all indicate they were shipped, and I've got tracking numbers for all of them. The first one indicates it's in transit (I've got a package ID number and exact weight), but there's no word on the other two yet.

Also, I looked back at my order numbers. I placed four orders over a 38 minute period, and the order numbers were all consecutive, indicating that no one else placed an order through the Archive website during that time period. So if they fixed the glitch in a couple of hours, there probably weren't that many total orders placed.
This reminds me of when the WB Shop had incredibly cheap prices on television series a few years ago. It was an obvious mistake, but they did honor some people's orders before ultimately canceling the rest. It makes me wonder if their processing is automated to such a degree that it may take them awhile to manually override it.

In any case, congrats if your orders ship!
Old 12-29-12, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

You don't check a thread for a day or 2 and this is what happens

Since they do have to actually MAKE these discs (unless they pre-make a certain amount), they might catch this before it ships. Good luck. Hopefully they will ship.
Old 12-29-12, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
Since they do have to actually MAKE these discs (unless they pre-make a certain amount), they might catch this before it ships. Good luck. Hopefully they will ship.
It wouldn't be cost effective for them to sit around and burn discs, prepare and clip cover art, and assemble packages for each individual order that comes in. My guess would be they run off 50 or 100 of each title in their inventory and then burn more when they get to a "reorder" point. In that way, they can schedule their burn process for a number of titles at one time when they have the manpower and production capacity available.
Old 12-31-12, 08:04 AM

Still no word one way or another on my order, outside of the original e-mail with my order number. I also can't find that number when I sign into my account history, so I'm assuming it's a "ghost" order and probably won't be
receiving this shipment.

Just wish they would acknowledge it even if to say it's cancelled.

Good luck to you Silverscreenvid. Hope you do get them!
Old 01-03-13, 12:35 PM

Received 224 Likes on 164 Posts

New sale going on--25% to 35% off nearly every title.

SAVE5 isn't working for me this go-round.
Old 01-03-13, 12:38 PM

I got a e-mail shipping notice on my 'Get 3, Pay Nothing' order. Actually, full disclosure, I bought a disc not included in the sale as a way of offsetting getting free stuff not intended to be free. I just couldn't pull the trigger on something that I knew was completely unintended. But that's just me. In essence, I still took advantage of the situation, but at least I did something to even things up. I can live with that.

They charged my credit card correctly for the one item I did purchase, so ... the four items are truly coming. So, perhaps your orders got through as well.

Last edited by ctyankee; 01-03-13 at 12:49 PM.
Old 01-03-13, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by ctyankee
I got a e-mail shipping notice on my 'Get 3, Pay Nothing' order. Actually, full disclosure, I bought a disc not included in the sale as a way of offsetting getting free stuff not intended to be free. I just couldn't pull the trigger on something that I knew was completely unintended. But that's just me. In essence, I still took advantage of the situation, but at least I did something to even things up. I can live with that.

They charged my credit card correctly for the one item I did purchase, so ... the four items are truly coming. So, perhaps your orders got through as well.
My first three shipments arrived today and according to the tracking information on the invoice, the last one is on its way and should arrive tomorrow or Monday.
Old 01-04-13, 11:31 PM

My last order arrived today. I have to give Warner full credit for honoring those orders even though they didn't have to.

Now I've got another dozen DVD's in my ever growing "to watch" list.
Old 01-05-13, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Three of my priceless orders have arrived and the last one is in transit. Am simply astounded these orders were honored without any word at all. Since the glitch only seemed to be active for a few hours and didn't yield a lot of attention, at least in this thread, maybe they didn't receive too many orders? Who knows, but I am grateful to SilverScreenVid for his original post about this. Thank you.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.