Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Brothers And Sisters S3 - Cheapest Price?

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-09, 10:47 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, does anyone know the cheapest price out there for Season 3 of Brothers and Sisters? Taking into consideration coupons, deals, etc? I can't find it cheaper that 35-40 bucks
Old 11-09-09, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: Brothers And Sisters S3 - Cheapest Price?

I've been looking for a good price as well. ABC/Disney tv shows rarely go on sale sadly
Old 11-11-09, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you bought one of the current seasons of the ABC shows, such as Desperate Housewives: The Complete Fifth Season, for example, there should be a $10.00 off coupon included in the set, which is good for several of the current sets that were recently released.
Old 11-11-09, 10:52 AM

I'm waiting until target or BB puts this on sale.. It has yet to go on sale but I'm hoping it will at some point before Christmas. I'm keepin the faith that it will soon!
Old 11-11-09, 01:21 PM
JB7
DVD Talk Special Edition

FYI TM, I am still waiting for S2 to go on sale for B&S. Just saying...
Old 11-12-09, 11:04 AM
JB7
DVD Talk Special Edition

S3 will be $24.99 @ Best Buy next week. 50% off ABC shows, but only the ones in the ad.
Old 11-12-09, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think I'll be getting Private Practice, then. I've got all of the seasons of Desperate Housewives and Brothers & Sisters. I have a $10.00 off coupon from one of the season sets, so, that should make Private Practice: Season 2 only $14.99!
Old 11-13-09, 12:08 PM

FYI TM, I am still waiting for S2 to go on sale for B&S. Just saying..
I did the same thing for season 2 after it was released and last december target put it on sale for I believe $24.99. That's when I picked it up.

S3 will be $24.99 @ Best Buy next week.
woohoo! I kept the faith and look how quickly that happened!! Looks like I'll be getting season 3 for $14.99 with my $10 coupon. YAY!
Old 11-13-09, 03:05 PM
JB7
DVD Talk Special Edition

I did the same thing for season 2 after it was released and last december target put it on sale for I believe $24.99. That's when I picked it up.
Oh it got that low? Must have missed it, unless I was waiting for $19.99. LOL
Old 11-13-09, 05:34 PM

Yeah it was only for a week.. I don't think I've seen that set for sale ever since then.
Old 11-14-09, 06:24 PM

Received 50 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by MadonnasManOne
If you bought one of the current seasons of the ABC shows, such as Desperate Housewives: The Complete Fifth Season, for example, there should be a $10.00 off coupon included in the set, which is good for several of the current sets that were recently released.
Does anyone know specifically which shows have these coupons inside? I found one in the copy of Castle I bought, but I don't have any of the others.
Old 11-14-09, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Surfinhank
Does anyone know specifically which shows have these coupons inside? I found one in the copy of Castle I bought, but I don't have any of the others.
Samantha Who Season 2
Scrubs Season 8
Desperate Housewives Season 5
Brothes & Sisters Season 3
Grey's Anatomy Season 5
Private Practice Season 2
Ugly Betty Season 3
Life on Mars Season 1
Castle Season 1

Last edited by EdTheRipper; 11-14-09 at 07:50 PM.
Old 11-15-09, 10:05 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by MadonnasManOne
I just bought Desperate Housewives AND Brothers and Sisters S3 at Best Buy, and neither included the coupon. Just a little pamphlet about Bluray. I thought I'd be slick and try to use the coupon with the BB price. But nope
Old 11-15-09, 12:18 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by CJEscandell
I just bought Desperate Housewives AND Brothers and Sisters S3 at Best Buy, and neither included the coupon. Just a little pamphlet about Bluray. I thought I'd be slick and try to use the coupon with the BB price. But nope
When you go to Best Buy, you have to look for the original shipment of the DVDs. My local BB had some of the ABC DVD sets with a bar code sticker over the bar code on the packaging. The sets with the bar code sticker are the ORIGINAL sets from the manufacturer and they include the $10 coupon.

Btw, the store accepted my coupon on the set I purchased. A supervisor had to called over to make the price adjustment b/c when the cashier scanned the coupon, the computer said "Coupon Invalid." The supervisor said a coupon can be used at BB IF it is a manufacturers coupon.

Last edited by jackshc111; 11-15-09 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Additional Info
Old 11-15-09, 12:35 PM

I just bought the only copy my BB had of B&S season 3. Mine didn't have any coupon either. Glad I got up early to go get it anyway.

And the coupon didn't scan for me either.. She ended up taking off the $10.. But I thought that was weird that the coupon didn't work. Oh well, still got my set for super cheap so I'm happy. =D
Old 11-15-09, 12:57 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by jackshc111
When you go to Best Buy, you have to look for the original shipment of the DVDs. My local BB had some of the ABC DVD sets with a bar code sticker over the bar code on the packaging. The sets with the bar code sticker are the ORIGINAL sets from the manufacturer and they include the $10 coupon.
Aww. I was at the same Best Buy like 3 or 4 days ago and they didn't have any other copies then, so this must have been a new shipment. Oh well
Old 11-15-09, 01:29 PM

Received 50 Likes on 23 Posts

Just a heads up, somebody already reported this in another thread, but Brothers & Sisters S3, Desperate Housewives S5 and Grey's Anatomy S5 are all $18.99 at Target. And they accept the coupons.
Old 11-15-09, 02:05 PM
Cool New Member

Just a heads up, somebody already reported this in another thread, but Brothers & Sisters S3, Desperate Housewives S5 and Grey's Anatomy S5 are all $18.99 at Target. And they accept the coupons.
Oh, lord. I SERIOUSLY have to learn patience. Of course, I ripped both open the minute I bought them at BB, to check for the coupon. Maybe I need to buy them both at Target now and return them at BB? O:-)
Old 11-15-09, 02:38 PM

nuts.. oh well.. Target should have put those 2 in there ad.. What were they thinking? They lost my business to Best Buy because I didn't know B&S was on sale. Had I known I would have switched stores. Oh well.
Old 11-16-09, 01:20 AM

Season 3 is down to 24.99 at Amazon at the moment.
Old 11-16-09, 04:06 PM
Cool New Member

Do you guys think that if I tell BB that Target has the DVD for that price during the same time period, they would price match and return the difference? Or is it only at the point of sale? I've never price matched before, and let's face it- 5 bucks difference is 5 bucks in my pocket!
Old 11-17-09, 09:01 AM
JB7
DVD Talk Special Edition

So sad. My Target did not have Brothers & Sisters S2. No place on the shelves. They did have S1. LOL

Waiting for my coupon to arrive so I can get S3.

Thanks for the info Surfinhank.
Old 11-17-09, 12:36 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by JB7
So sad. My Target did not have Brothers & Sisters S2. No place on the shelves. They did have S1. LOL

Waiting for my coupon to arrive so I can get S3.

Thanks for the info Surfinhank.

Same thing happened to me...I went to one of the 3 Targets I go to here in Miami, and they didn't have S2, and they did a search of nearby stores, and no one seemed to have it.e
Old 11-17-09, 12:41 PM
JB7
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by CJEscandell
Same thing happened to me...I went to one of the 3 Targets I go to here in Miami, and they didn't have S2, and they did a search of nearby stores, and no one seemed to have it.e
I emailed amazon to see if perhaps they will lower their price. Not sure if it will work, but gave it a try. Maybe you could do the same? Power in numbers perhaps?
Old 11-19-09, 08:35 AM
JB7
DVD Talk Special Edition

Season 3 dropped to $18.99 on Amazon.