Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

John Carpenter Master of Fear DVD set: possible $5 Halloween candy coupon inside

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

John Carpenter Master of Fear DVD set: possible $5 Halloween candy coupon inside

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-09, 08:14 PM
ktg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Four flix (They Live, The Thing, Village of the Damned, and Prince of Darkness). Interesting box set in its own rights, but according to the review of this set here at DVDTalk, the reviewer's copy contained a $5 check that could be used towards Halloween candy. This coupon is mentioned in the product description at FYE.com:

Link

The best shipped price I could find online was at DD ($14.69) (Amazon was $14.99, and Buy.com came in at $12.99, but both had shipping charges if your order was under $25). However, an individual over at FatWallet says he called DD, and the sales rep told him that there was no coupon included in the set they were selling. Surprising if true.

If any of you happen to pick this set up, please post if yours had the coupon, and whether there was any indication on the box re/ the coupon.

I suspect we might catch an even better sale price on this set as the Halloween/horror DVD marketing push gets underway shortly.

n.b.: In another one of the Halloween DVD threads here, it was mentioned that the Phantasm II DVD also has the $5 Halloween candy coupon, as well as a bunch of Universal horror disks. Quoting:

"The Giant Eagle stores (in Ohio, at least) has a special deal on Universal horror DVD's. The single disc editions of "Frankenstein", "Bride of Frankenstein", "Wolf Man" and "Dracula" are $4.99 with your Giant Eagle card. For $8.99 (with card) they have the "Universal Horrors" 2-disc set which contains "Man Made Monster", "Night Monster", "Horror Island", "Captive Wild Woman" and the 1941 "Black Cat".

There are other films like "Shaun of the Dead" and the "Chucky" franchise as well. All the DVD's have a $5 coupon inside for Halloween candy purchases."

Last edited by ktg; 09-28-09 at 08:58 PM.
Old 10-18-09, 03:00 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Re: John Carpenter Master of Fear DVD set: possible $5 Halloween candy coupon inside

I picked up Psycho (1960) on dvd today and it came with a free $5 candy cash certificate. I tried using at Rite Aid (which was included with the participating stores) but they did not honor it. I might have to try Target later in the week.
Old 10-20-09, 08:58 AM
ktg

Re: John Carpenter Master of Fear DVD set: possible $5 Halloween candy coupon inside

I ended up ordering it from Walmart.com, had it shipped to store. Opened the DVD in store, took out candy coupon, bought Halloween candy while I was there, and redeemed the coupon at register with no trouble.