Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

TWEC (FYE, Suncoast) In-Store Backstage Pass Coupons Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-10, 09:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: TWEC (FYE, Suncoast) In-Store Backstage Pass Coupons Thread

Originally Posted by rjh_54
That's annoying but I guess it's worth it to essentially get $20 of the $25 back in the long-run. This weekend I'm going to go trade some stuff in so I'll probably sign up for the Backstage Pass then.
Don't get me wrong...but its good to have the Backstage Pass. I have it and I'm enjoying alot.
Old 01-14-10, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rjh_54
Yeah, I keep telling myself that if I buy it it will pay for itself in no time, but I just never got around to doing it. Don't they give you a $20 gift card on the spot for signing up for the Backstage Pass?
i believe its been stated a few times here and there, but there are now two different types of memberships at twec stores.

1) the "backstage pass" aka bsp is $25 per year and gives you 10% all purchases in store and online. i think its 20% on your b-day too? as an added bonus, it entitles you to use the frequent coupons wtk so graciously posts. it is worth the $25 if you shop twec often.

2) some variation of the ubiquitous "shopppers reward" program. you sign up and get some sort of instant discount, along with some kind of monthly discount on purchases. this is a general membership club that charges $10 per month and gives you discounts at various merchants online and in store. or something like that. imho, this is good only if you can sign up and cancel before they start charging the monthly fee. also, watch for spam.
Old 01-15-10, 03:07 AM

i recently got a backstage pass, was wondering if i used that 40% coupon, does it apply to all the movies i buy in that transaction? or do i have to buy each movie separately
Old 01-15-10, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hindolio
2) some variation of the ubiquitous "shopppers reward" program. you sign up and get some sort of instant discount, along with some kind of monthly discount on purchases. this is a general membership club that charges $10 per month and gives you discounts at various merchants online and in store. or something like that. imho, this is good only if you can sign up and cancel before they start charging the monthly fee. also, watch for spam.

This is the BSP that nets you the $20 gift card. The standard $25 per year membership does not come with the $20 gift card bonus.
Old 01-15-10, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
This is the BSP that nets you the $20 gift card. The standard $25 per year membership does not come with the $20 gift card bonus.
Yep.

And I had the standard $25/year membership* and then signed up for the other one to get the gift card, and then canceled it a week later while I was still in the free trial period, and got my gift card a month or two later. Then I used that gift card plus the 40% off a used item coupon to get the Bourne Trilogy on Blu-ray for like $15 including tax.

*Note: my $25/year membership had something screwed up with it in their system, where it said my expiration date was in the year 1823 or something like that, and since then, it's never been canceled, and I only paid once, and I've had it for like two or three years.
Old 01-16-10, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

^ thanks for the clarification sbj and kory

Originally Posted by jesseboy
i recently got a backstage pass, was wondering if i used that 40% coupon, does it apply to all the movies i buy in that transaction? or do i have to buy each movie separately
the typical 40% coupon is off one used item. i guess its ymmv if the cashier allows multiple 40% coupons, as the coupon states "one coupon per transaction, per visit".
Old 01-20-10, 03:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

For those who've gone through the FYE store closings, do the NEW dvd's & cd's ever get a bigger discount then 50%? My Fye is supposed to be closing in 5 days. They're up to 60% on used & 50% on new.
Old 01-20-10, 03:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 377 Likes on 236 Posts

^ A store I frequent is closing soon as well. Everything (both used and new) is 60% off right now.
Old 01-25-10, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Unfortunately, mine closed for good at 4 pm today & they capped new cd's & dvd's at 50%. Used were 60%. I asked the manager if there any exceptions (I wanted to pick up a Grateful Dead box set) & she said no. The store did get 95% cleaned out at 50% off.
Old 01-25-10, 02:30 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

^^^Actually the good stuff gets shipped off to another store. If the entire chain was closing, we might see better than 60% off so that seems to be the cap for now.

Last edited by GMan2819; 01-25-10 at 02:33 AM.
Old 01-25-10, 11:22 AM

Works out well for me, as the Downtown Boston FYE has been having a Backstage Pass renewal "special" on the $25/year program for, I guess, a year now. Only cost $12.50 to renew which was how they got me to renew last year. At $1/month it's worth it for the 40% used coupons, and the occasional OOP item that you can find. They had a new, sealed Criterion Hard Boiled about 6 months ago, and I picked up one of the Zorro sets with the recent 25% off coupon.
Old 01-25-10, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by hobbes4444
At $1/month it's worth it for the 40% used coupons, and the occasional OOP item that you can find. They had a new, sealed Criterion Hard Boiled about 6 months ago,
Gotta love when you find a diamond in the rough like that. Less turnover due to their relatively higher prices leads to finding alot of these long OOP titles sitting on the shelves.
Old 01-26-10, 02:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by GMan2819
^^^Actually the good stuff gets shipped off to another store. If the entire chain was closing, we might see better than 60% off so that seems to be the cap for now.
Mine didn't seem to ship off the good stuff, but maybe that's why they capped at 50%.
Old 02-04-10, 01:48 AM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 528 Likes on 465 Posts

Old 02-04-10, 03:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i was wondering if anyone else got the email prior to this one that had a coupon with a broken image? the properties of the image seemed to be:

http://www.fye.com/moduleimages/138/...on02012010.jpg

just wondering if there was a decent coupon i was missing out on
Old 02-04-10, 10:17 PM

I had a backstage pass the whole year of 2009 and I never got a single e-mail from FYE. How do you get the e-mails??
Old 02-05-10, 02:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by sabata
I had a backstage pass the whole year of 2009 and I never got a single e-mail from FYE. How do you get the e-mails??
if you dont have an online account, try making one. if you already have an online account, i dunno.

one or two others seemed to have problems with getting email promos from fye too. and maybe not so much lately, but in the past fye sent different coupons to different recipients. so im glad that wtk does us this service. hip hip hooray
Old 02-05-10, 02:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 377 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by sabata
I may have mentioned this before, but the only time I ever provided FYE with my e-mail address was at the register in the store. And I receive the regular e-mails/coupons. So you may want to try your local store the next time you're there.
Old 02-06-10, 04:17 PM

God I could really go for a 40% off used item coupon right now. Please, WTK, update us with upcoming coupons as soon as you can.

I found an FYE with Band Of Brothers, Spiderman Trilogy (Target Exclusive), No Country For Old Men (2-Disc), and the Godfather Restoration all on Blu-ray used. I neeeed to buy these, and I neeeed that coupon to do so.
Old 02-07-10, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

What was different about the Target version of Spiderman Trilogy?
Old 02-07-10, 10:31 AM

Instead of three BD cases inside of a slip-box, it's just one 4-disc BD case that holds all of the discs, thus saving space. There's also the regular version too, I haven't decided which one I'd buy for sure.

Somebody please help with the coupons!
Old 02-07-10, 02:50 PM

Nevermind, I went back through and looked at the old coupons, and all of the 40% off coupons had the same Coupon Code on them. So I called the store and asked the guy who picked up (luckily, the manager, and he was a really nice guy), and he told me that if I were to write down the information on the coupon and give it to him, he'd accept it, even though they normally don't. I then asked him if we could try it once over the phone and he said it won't work, but not to worry, because these coupon codes are always active, even when they're "not."

So I went to the store and they had been holding "Band of Brothers" Blu-ray and the "Spider-man" Trilogy Blu-ray set for me. I looked through the used Blu-ray section again, and was going to get the Godfather trilogy, but it was a little too banged up for my taste. So I went ahead and picked up the better-looking of the two copies of "No Country For Old Men" 2-disc Collector's Edition.

"Band of Brothers" was $44.94 before any discounts, "Spider-man" Trilogy was $39.94, and "No Country For Old Men" was $24.99. Apparently they're running a Buy 2, Get 3rd 50% Off promotion, so after my 10% BSP discount, the 40% BSP coupon, and the 50% discount on "NCFOM," each item cost as follows:

- "Band of Brothers" Blu-ray --- $24.27 --- This thing is LIKE NEW. I don't think anybody even watched it. The cardboard slip around it is even mint. Pretty sure this had to have been purchased by someone thinking it was the DVD version, and they opened it before they realized it. Easily the cheapest I will ever find this for.

- "Spider-man" Trilogy Blu-ray --- $21.57 --- I've been told that this is the Target Exclusive version, which basically slims the set down and puts all the discs in one 4-disc case. It's supposed to come with a slipcover for the case, too, but mine didn't have it. Oh well. Again, easily the cheapest I'd ever find it for, and in Like New condition.

- "No Country For Old Men" Collector's Edition Blu-ray --- $6.75 --- BY FAR the cheapest this has ever been available for. Discs look un-touched, slipcover is in pretty good condition. The only thing that could make it sweeter is if the digital copy is unused.

Add in the $3.16 I paid for tax, and I walked out the door for $55.75. Amazing deals. My Backstage Pass has been paying off like crazy in recent weeks, with these purchases and then getting the "Bourne" Trilogy so cheap about a month ago. Glad I have this thing.
Old 02-07-10, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

^ nice kory! imho, build a nice rapport with that guy. its always ymmv, but i dont think fye typically takes a coupon on top of any store promotions (like the buy two, get 50% off third promo). ive had both success and failures, seemingly depending on cashier, items being purchased, etc.
Old 02-08-10, 09:40 AM

The 50% of tv DVD sets was pretty good at my store. I picked up Pee Wee's Playouse for $14.99 and Mary Tyler Moore Season 6 for $14.99 - though at the check out, they said MTM was incorrectly marked, but they gave it to me for that price.
Old 02-08-10, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by hindolio
^ nice kory! imho, build a nice rapport with that guy. its always ymmv, but i dont think fye typically takes a coupon on top of any store promotions (like the buy two, get 50% off third promo). ive had both success and failures, seemingly depending on cashier, items being purchased, etc.
Yeah I'm definitely going to try to build a rapport with him and with this store in particular. They've got the best and nicest workers of any FYE I've ever been too.

Funny thing about this store though, every single employee I've ever seen there has either been very obviously gay or lesbian. Every single one. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it just makes me wonder if that's their hiring practice, or if because of the employees they have there, it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.