DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: TWEC (FYE, Suncoast) In-Store Backstage Pass Coupons Thread

5% off?

Old 12-08-09, 03:13 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 219 Likes on 144 Posts

I wonder if this will stack with my "Buy 10 get 1 for 50% off coupon"?
Old 12-08-09, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 354 Likes on 227 Posts

I wouldn't have believed the 5% off coupon if I hadn't just received it via e-mail myself.
Old 12-08-09, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, that's insulting. Now I'm glad I let me membership expire... They seem to have stopped doing rebates on fye.com as well (which is where I bought the most). Not worth the $25 fee to me anymore.
Old 12-13-09, 11:56 PM
Cool New Member

5% off isn't worth the printer ink!

I wouldn't waste my ink and paper to even print it off, what a joke!

That's weird since most of the other coupons are good for a week and offer up to 40% off (or more with the $3 off ANY size purchase including $4-$5 items).

What's even more funny is it's ONLY for three days!!! :-)

Noah

Last edited by noazrk; 12-14-09 at 12:09 AM.
Old 12-14-09, 12:08 AM
Cool New Member

FYE is GREAT for me since there are FOUR of them within 10 minutes of my house, more if you count Sam Goody stores.

Also, one of the FYEs is near a major party school (Arizona State University) so spoiled AZ & SoCal kids are always trading in new stuff to buy rubbers & beer ;-)

The one WEIRD trend I noticed is EVERY store has a used copy of Dexter Season 3 on Blu-Ray but NONE of them have Season 1 or 2....very odd. I joked with an employee that maybe Wal Mart only has the newest one (easy to steal from Wal Mart), he laughed and also pointed out that they probably get the newer ones more because people buy....er obtain them, watch it once and trade it in.
Old 12-14-09, 05:30 PM

Re: 5% off isn't worth the printer ink!

Originally Posted by noazrk
I wouldn't waste my ink and paper to even print it off, what a joke!

That's weird since most of the other coupons are good for a week and offer up to 40% off (or more with the $3 off ANY size purchase including $4-$5 items).

What's even more funny is it's ONLY for three days!!! :-)

Noah
Yeah. Whats up with that.
Old 12-14-09, 05:49 PM

I considered signing up for the Backstage Pass since I go into FYE at least once a week to browse their used section, and at least once a month I trade stuff in. But 5%? Really? To me that's not worth it!
Old 12-14-09, 06:42 PM
Banned

That 5% doesn't even cover sales tax at most places.
Old 12-14-09, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by noazrk
FYE is GREAT for me since there are FOUR of them within 10 minutes of my house, more if you count Sam Goody stores.

Also, one of the FYEs is near a major party school (Arizona State University) so spoiled AZ & SoCal kids are always trading in new stuff to buy rubbers & beer ;-)

The one WEIRD trend I noticed is EVERY store has a used copy of Dexter Season 3 on Blu-Ray but NONE of them have Season 1 or 2....very odd. I joked with an employee that maybe Wal Mart only has the newest one (easy to steal from Wal Mart), he laughed and also pointed out that they probably get the newer ones more because people buy....er obtain them, watch it once and trade it in.

It is hard to believe that there are that many FYEs that close together. I don't know if there are four in the entire Houston Metro area.

Say to FYE~

Last edited by That'sAllFolks; 12-14-09 at 07:19 PM.
Old 12-14-09, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by rjh_54
I considered signing up for the Backstage Pass since I go into FYE at least once a week to browse their used section, and at least once a month I trade stuff in. But 5%? Really? To me that's not worth it!
You have me curious since you mentioned a used section...does your FYE have all the used titles separated from new ones? At the 2-3 stores I visit on occasion, they're all mixed together with the orange stickers helping one to identify the used titles. Just figured all stores were like this.
Old 12-14-09, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by cardsfan111
You have me curious since you mentioned a used section...does your FYE have all the used titles separated from new ones? At the 2-3 stores I visit on occasion, they're all mixed together with the orange stickers helping one to identify the used titles. Just figured all stores were like this.
Mine has a section for used movies that have been recently traded in, but then the rest of them are all mixed together with the orange stickers identifying the used titles.
Old 12-15-09, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Old 12-15-09, 12:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hey...where'd you get the 10% coupon from? I just got my normal FYE e-mail today and it had another 5% coupon in it with the same dates as the one you've posted. Are they sending out different coupons to different folks now?
Old 12-15-09, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hey...where'd you get the 10% coupon from?
I got it in my email this morning.
Old 12-15-09, 02:45 PM

Received 50 Likes on 23 Posts

So what's next, 15%? I wonder if they're experimenting to see how many people will use and be happy with these lower discounts in hopes of doing away with the 40% coupon.
Old 12-15-09, 08:12 PM

I'm amazed at all the bitching about the 5% coupon. It might not be the best deal in the world, but last time I checked 5% off is better than nothing.
Old 12-15-09, 08:31 PM

Yes, one side of the store is for used products, the other side is for new products.

This FYE is a freestanding store just outside of the mall. You can see it from the mall, and it's still open. They have one side of the store for used products, and the other side of the store is for new. Since it's the only FYE within a 25 - 30 minute travel time from my house (this one only takes 10 minutes to get to, not even), there have, naturally, been more used products more recently because of the closing of Saturday Matinee and the other FYE in our mall.

There used to be two FYEs in our mall. The first one was immaculate. It was just HUGE. They had a little part of the store designated for used titles, but most of the time, the used titles were mixed in with the new ones. Unfortunately this one closed in 2006.

The second FYE in the mall had a pretty crappy selection, and the new was mixed with used, if the titles were placed where they should be (which, 80% of the time, they were not). This FYE (along with a Saturday Matinee in our mall) closed in January.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy FYE a lot, because when you buy used you save so much. Although they might be a little pricey with used products, you can get some used stuff real cheap. And 99% of the time they have one of two promotions going on - Buy 2 Used, Get the Third 50% Off, OR Buy 3 Used, Get the 4th Free. But these Backstage Pass coupons have been a little crazy. Is the 5% or 10%off coupons applied IN ADDITION TO the 10% off you ALREADY save with the pass?

Usually people think just because the used sticker says "100% Guarantee!" they're still gonna get screwed over. That's not the case at all. I once had a defective CD that was scratched and skipped, I told the guy it was scratched and skipped, and he gave me my $10 back, no questions. The only other time I've had an issue with used was last week when I bought the Classic Christmas Favorites box set. Not only did one of the discs have bad scratches on it, but it came with the wrong version of Year Without A Santa Claus. The guy happily offered either a refund, or credit towards a brand new copy where I would have to pay the difference (which was only $4 in this case - I didn't know it was on sale as it wasn't marked as such). I took the new copy and not only was it (obviously) in good condition, but it also had the right version of Year Without A Santa Claus.

Though people may bitch about pricing in there, the used selection is the way to go. They prices are a little better, and the employees are more lenient with you should you have a problem with your used product.
Old 12-15-09, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hey...where'd you get the 10% coupon from? I just got my normal FYE e-mail today and it had another 5% coupon in it with the same dates as the one you've posted. Are they sending out different coupons to different folks now?
i received a 10% coupon too. i figured that they sent coupons to some people sometimes, but never thought they would send different percentage coupons to different people. weird. but with this thread, im sure we will all make sure we get the best ones

Originally Posted by Liontamer
I'm amazed at all the bitching about the 5% coupon. It might not be the best deal in the world, but last time I checked 5% off is better than nothing.
i dont support too much bitching myself, but do you call the few posts above bitching? i mean, relative to some other threads?!

in any case, i dont recall ever seeing a 5% coupon for anything lol. okay ill stop my whining now!
Old 12-15-09, 10:12 PM

Santa came early and dropped this log into my inbox...
Old 12-21-09, 11:39 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 520 Likes on 457 Posts

12/22/2009 - 12/29/2009

Old 12-21-09, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Finally!

The store that's closing (I mentioned it earlier) just upped their percentage off to 40 late late week. I bought several used titles. At that time, they were still giving 10% off for the backstage pass, though the manager said they were waiting for an e-mail to come down at some point telling them to stop. Last month they also accepted a coupon from me.

What are the odds I can bring this one in tomorrow and get 40 + 40 + 10?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.