Reload this Page >

TWEC (FYE, Suncoast) In-Store Backstage Pass Coupons Thread

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

TWEC (FYE, Suncoast) In-Store Backstage Pass Coupons Thread

Old 10-01-09, 06:42 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a rebate coming from FYE

3 weeks ago I picked up a $65 srp Thundercats DVD box set brand new for ONLY $16 AND they had the nerve to tell me I get a $7 rebate to boot! Cha-Ching......

I was pleased to get an email confirming they processed it, that was nice as well.

There is/was a section of box sets with rebates towards the front of most stores here in AZ.

Noah
Old 10-01-09, 06:45 AM
Cool New Member

Re: TWEC (FYE, Suncoast) In-Store Backstage Pass Coupons Thread

Btw, I get the FYE online emails but still NO Backstage Pass emails....grumble grumble. Thanks again to WTK, these coupons help pay off the $25 yearly fee very quickly.

Noah
Old 10-01-09, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just got an e-mail for a $5 off coupon code on any size order for the first 500 to redeem it-

5FREEOCT

The usual exclusions apply-no pre-orders, no video games.

EDIT: I should have mentioned that this is an online coupon. Even though this is an in-store thread, I thought that I would post it here rather than starting a new thread.

Last edited by Sweet Baby James; 10-01-09 at 10:24 AM.
Old 10-02-09, 05:13 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 520 Likes on 457 Posts

via FYE Twitter (Recap)...
present this code (5FYEG40) at any f.y.e. store and save $5 off any $40 purchase of cd's or dvd's!!
show this code (FYEG30) at the register at any f.y.e. store & save 30% off any Used CD or DVD!!
show this code (FYEG20) at the register at any f.y.e. & save 20% off of any reg. priced CD or DVD $12.99 & up!!
Old 10-02-09, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Just got an e-mail for a $5 off coupon code on any size order for the first 500 to redeem it-

5FREEOCT

The usual exclusions apply-no pre-orders, no video games.

EDIT: I should have mentioned that this is an online coupon. Even though this is an in-store thread, I thought that I would post it here rather than starting a new thread.
Thanks, man. I was wanting to order the new Miranda Lambert CD from them to get the autographed booklet, and this coupon made it cheaper than at Best Buy, even after shipping (and my lack of Backstage Pass discount since my account expired recently, and I haven't renewed yet).
Old 10-03-09, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how does that twitter thing work exactly? do you just mention the code to the cashier at checkout as a "virtual coupon"? and are there many reports on being denied?
Old 10-03-09, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Liontamer
(and my lack of Backstage Pass discount since my account expired recently, and I haven't renewed yet).
You should have tried it anyway. A couple of years ago, I let my BSP expire. However, it still took 10% off online for over 6 months after it had expired.
Old 10-03-09, 07:06 PM

You should have tried it anyway. A couple of years ago, I let my BSP expire. However, it still took 10% off online for over 6 months after it had expired.
I did try it, but it didn't work. I entered in my Backstage Pass number at checkout like it said, but no 10% discount appeared. I'm gonna renew it when I go back to FYE later this month to pick up the Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Steelbook I have reserved. I just don't feel like driving out of my way to the only FYE in my area until then as it's a decent drive to get there. I really appreciate you guys posting the coupons though as I never get any e-mailed to me even after they put my e-mail address into the computer when I was in the store a few months back.
Old 10-04-09, 09:09 AM
WTK

Originally Posted by hindolio
how does that twitter thing work exactly? do you just mention the code to the cashier at checkout as a "virtual coupon"? and are there many reports on being denied?
I have not tried it myself. You're supposed to bring to the cashier and they just have to input the coupon code. Your experience may vary as I have heard some people have been denied.
Old 10-08-09, 02:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just a heads up! it seems my local fye is doing that bonus $5 or $10 card if you purchase a $30 or $50 giftcard, respectively. i dont know if many of yous guys take advantage of these, but imho they are very worth it
Old 10-09-09, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by hindolio
another thumbs up for the separate thread wtk! fye hasnt get much love from dvdtalk since db27's departure
Still here, just don't post nearly as much these days. I rarely buy movies these days, since leaving the company I'm just playing catch-up on all the ones I own already! Glad to see that fye is still occassionally worth shopping at, I'm still close to some of the employees and know that business is the suck.
Old 10-09-09, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by WTK
I have not tried it myself. You're supposed to bring to the cashier and they just have to input the coupon code. Your experience may vary as I have heard some people have been denied.
I was able to use the twitter 20% off coupon yesterday. I told the cashier the code and they then spent 10 minutes on a computer looking for confirmation that the code was legit.
Old 10-09-09, 01:58 PM

the twitter code FYEG30 is good online also. i just received the $20 GC from the BSP trial membership and ordered X-Files Mythology 1-4 Sets for $6.50 after code and GC
Old 10-09-09, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 131 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomBill
the twitter code FYEG30 is good online also.
I just tried it on a blu... and no go..
Old 10-09-09, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by b2net
I just tried it on a blu... and no go..
Did you make sure that the Blu-ray was used? That code only works on used items.
Old 10-13-09, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 354 Likes on 227 Posts

By the way, WTK. Great idea keeping the most current coupons in the top post. Came in this morning to print the 40% used one beginning today and it was easy to find.
Old 10-13-09, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Did you make sure that the Blu-ray was used? That code only works on used items.
yep... tried it on multiple different titles... maybe there is a minimum title price or something....

Last edited by b2net; 10-13-09 at 04:26 PM.
Old 10-13-09, 08:11 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by b2net
yep... tried it on multiple different titles... maybe there is a minimum title price or something....
It's not supposed to work on used BDs. It's only on used CDs and DVDs.
show this code (FYEG30) at the register at any f.y.e. store & save 30% off any Used CD or DVD!!
Old 10-14-09, 09:04 PM

Today I used the 40% off any used cd, dvd, or Blu-ray coupon. I bought 4 used dvd's. The guy at the register only scan 1 dvd out of 4. Is that correct?? I thought he had to scan all four. Can somebody please let me know if thats right or wrong. Thanks
Old 10-14-09, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 354 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by a/v Junkie
Today I used the 40% off any used cd, dvd, or Blu-ray coupon. I bought 4 used dvd's. The guy at the register only scan 1 dvd out of 4. Is that correct?? I thought he had to scan all four. Can somebody please let me know if thats right or wrong. Thanks
If I'm understanding correctly, the 40% was only given on one item? You know, it was my assumption this was correct. Just now, however, I notice the fine print instructs the cashier to scan item(s) and seems to imply it would work on multiple items just one coupon per transaction. I've only bought one item at a time with the coupon, though I have returned back to the store with another copy of the coupon and used it again.

On an semi-related note, I used the 40% off coupon code. Upon entering my local FYE, I was told that all used horror dvds were 25% off. Much to my surprise, the discounts stacked. Along with my BP discount, I picked up a $10.99 used DVD for $4.xx.
Old 10-14-09, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by cardsfan111
If I'm understanding correctly, the 40% was only given on one item? You know, it was my assumption this was correct. Just now, however, I notice the fine print instructs the cashier to scan item(s) and seems to imply it would work on multiple items just one coupon per transaction. I've only bought one item at a time with the coupon, though I have returned back to the store with another copy of the coupon and used it again.

On an semi-related note, I used the 40% off coupon code. Upon entering my local FYE, I was told that all used horror dvds were 25% off. Much to my surprise, the discounts stacked. Along with my BP discount, I picked up a $10.99 used DVD for $4.xx.
Yes, the coupon says "scan item(s)". So I assume more than 1 item should have been scaned. I saw this when I got home from FYE. So this must be a misprint??

And yes all used horror dvds are 25% off. :-)
Old 10-22-09, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

still think this should be a sticky..
Old 10-24-09, 05:54 PM
Cool New Member

The deal with the FYE Bonus Bucks

I confirmed in Arizona you can get $5 or $10 in FYE bonus bucks by purchasing FYE gift cards by October 31st.

You get $5 with a $30+ gift card purchase or $10 with a $50+ gift card purchase.

The catch with the bonus bucks is they are good only during certain dates (not sure when but likely after November 1st).

I've been using the $3 coupons frequently adding MORE UFC dvds for $1.50 & some kid's dvds + a rare Dennis Miller standup for ONLY 59 cents each!

I love it!

Noah

P.S. I STILL am not getting any Backstage coupons via email so I'll hound them yet again.
Old 10-24-09, 06:00 PM
Cool New Member

I did get TWO items for 40% off once

Originally Posted by a/v Junkie
I normally only buy 1 item with these BUT one time I had my 40% off Blu-Ray and picked up a clearance sale GBA game on impulse since it was the only copy and I never saw it before (Wade Hixton's Counter Punch - GREAT game btw) and it ALSO received a 40% off discount!

I didn't notice until I left since the game was only $4-5 and the discount didn't add up to much but the game ended up costing me under $3 for a new, sealed GBA game which I really enjoy.

Yet another blessing.

Noah
Old 10-24-09, 06:05 PM
Cool New Member

The great thing about used Blu-Rays

Almost all of the used Blu-Rays I've been getting have few if any scratches/prints with most looking brand new.

I think there are 3 reasons for this.

1. The technology is so new most of these only have 1 owner.

2. A lot of these were probably stolen (hopefully from Wal Mart)

3. The economy probably forced the owners to resell them (or steal them).

With used DVD purchases I'm always a little nervous about what the condition of the disc will be in but not with the Blu-Rays.

Noah

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.