Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

TWEC (FYE, Suncoast) In-Store Backstage Pass Coupons Thread

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

TWEC (FYE, Suncoast) In-Store Backstage Pass Coupons Thread

Old 10-06-10, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: TWEC (FYE, Suncoast) In-Store Backstage Pass Coupons Thread

I used the 40% off coupon to get a used Bourne Trilogy (3 Blu-ray set) in a slipcase for $17.82 plus tax. Not bad considering I received approx. $25 for the larger-boxed one I traded in several mos. ago.

Later, at a different store picked up a used Blu-ray of Christmas Vacation for under $10.

Last edited by cupboy; 10-06-10 at 09:21 PM.
Old 10-06-10, 09:06 PM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
^

Happy Birthday!
Thanks Man! I actually never got around to using this today since I was stuck at work all day and night. I'm pretty cool with the managers that work here so I'm hoping I'll be able to use this tomorrow and get them to accept it.
Old 10-07-10, 10:35 PM

There were a few titles that looked promising and I picked up 'Basic Instinct' and 'Marley & Me' 3 disc (strange combination I know) for $11.XX combined
Old 10-11-10, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This is not coupon related but since there isn't an FYE Bargains thread I'll post here:

FYE has King Kong: Peter Jackson's Production Diaries for 4.97 before any discounts. These are brand new, not used.
Old 10-12-10, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by jwstl
This is not coupon related but since there isn't an FYE Bargains thread I'll post here:

FYE has King Kong: Peter Jackson's Production Diaries for 4.97 before any discounts. These are brand new, not used.
I saw my local had one of those propped up along the top of the shelf where they display the movies that get traded in.

Only $1.97 after this weeks $3 coupon

Old 10-16-10, 08:24 AM

bumping up in case anyone needed this over the weekend.

I might go and check out what horror titles they have and see if I can pick up some decent ones under $10
Old 10-16-10, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

All (or most) FYE stores are having a big "up to 50% off" sale in-store right now.
Old 10-16-10, 05:49 PM

Yes, but more like 10% and if something is already sale priced it's not included. The best deal is on used CDs (30% off).

The $3 off coupons should work with the sale. Had a bit of trouble at one store though.

Anyone notice those coupons are good for only one use per offer period? Doesn't seem to be enforceable though.
Old 10-16-10, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It is enforceable if you have anal retentive prepubescent teenage boys running the registers. The same cashiers that allowed me to use several coupons in multiple transactions now track me when/if I have already used one coupon. I got lucky yesterday and got the UE of Texas Chainsaw Massacre BD for $5.99, but overheard one of the 2 aforementioned cashiers saying it was not valid on sale items but to let me use it just this one time. Today it was no go on a used BD because of the one use limit which I guess is fair enough though since that is what it says.
Last time I had a free trial BSP I had an issue with a cashier and called TWEC about it and I never saw that employee again. So, I won't do that again, but I will just cancel my trial on Monday and be done with FYE at least for now.
Old 10-16-10, 07:35 PM

haven't paid attention to the coupon and didn't read the small print about the one time use only, and to be honest I'm gonna hold off for a while since I'vre splurged enough lately.

I did go in today and notice the 10% off blu ray, but didn't see anything that jumped out at me.
Old 10-16-10, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Used the $3 coupon 6 times today.

Picked up "Saturday Night Live: The Complete Fifth Season" for $19.xx after taxes on DVD. On Blu-ray, I bought "Hellboy," "U-571," "Spy Game," "End of Days," and "Dawn of the Dead" for $5.99 plus tax each.

I considered picking up "King of New York" and "Hostel" for the same price, but held off.
Old 10-18-10, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by cupboy
Anyone notice those coupons are good for only one use per offer period?.
That's new. Previous ones said "One coupon per transaction, per visit". I hope they don't enforce it or I'm going to be saving a lot more money.

I did get this King Kong Deluxe Gift Set for around $8 after discounts and coupon. It was marked at 12.99 with 10% off on new DVDs discount, plus BSP discount and $3 coupon.
Old 10-18-10, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The older woman helping me today refused to allow two coupons, regardless if they were different ones or whether or not they appeared in two transactions. I had the $3 off and the extra 10% discount. Further, it does not appear that the store wide discount applied to any items already on sale. I chose the later "extra 10% off entire purchase" coupon (previously posted in this thread) and picked up some nice titles, all new:

1. Evil Dead Limited Edition (blu-ray) - $8.90
2. Looney Tunes Golden Collection 2 - $12.14
3. Storyteller Definitive Collection - $10.93

I was particularly excited about the later, considering it has been OOP, and to find it new was a nice way for the store to apologize for its unforgiving manager (/ elderly, uncompromising employee).

Last edited by izatright; 10-19-10 at 01:27 PM.
Old 10-19-10, 08:46 AM

Get a break this week since I don't care for the $5 off of $35 coupon

I did read the small print where it says only to be used one time per offer period, so really hope that they don't enforce that I'm pretty cool with the ones that work in my FYE so hoping that won't be an issue.

I'll post the coupon later if anyone cares to use it
Old 10-19-10, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Old 10-20-10, 02:59 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 520 Likes on 457 Posts

FWIW...one of those promos that may not do much for some people.

*Everything On Sale Promotion is not valid in all f.y.e. retail locations.

Check below for participating Everything On Sale store locations: LINK
Old 10-26-10, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I was surprised to see the coupon arrive last night. Someone finally figured out it makes more sense to send it hours before it begins than hours after it begins.
Old 10-26-10, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 121 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by WTK
FWIW...one of those promos that may not do much for some people.
I'd be willing to bet that most (if not all) of the stores on this list will be closing soon.
Old 10-26-10, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
I'd be willing to bet that most (if not all) of the stores on this list will be closing soon.
I don't think so. FYE has this sale a couple of times a year and it is indicative of nothing. Don't be fooled by the 50% off; it isn't that great of a sale. Most new items are only 10% off regular price. The best deal is 30% off used CDs and DVDs and, while better than the usual Buy 3 get 1 free they offer on used normally, it isn't that much better. And on used Blu-ray the prices are higher during this sale-10% off than they are normally-B3G1.
Old 10-26-10, 11:51 PM

my local store has all the advertising for the 50% off etc but with most of it been 10% off. Used Blu Rays are 30%, plus the 10% BSP makes it worth picking up some decent ones used.

I'm wondering whether the above 25% coupon can be stacked with the 10% off of new DVD's/CD's as well as the 10% BSP - don't see any reason why not.

This would effectively be 45% off right? I dunno...it's late LOL
Old 10-27-10, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by DVDMagic
my local store has all the advertising for the 50% off etc but with most of it been 10% off. Used Blu Rays are 30%, plus the 10% BSP makes it worth picking up some decent ones used.

I'm wondering whether the above 25% coupon can be stacked with the 10% off of new DVD's/CD's as well as the 10% BSP - don't see any reason why not.

This would effectively be 45% off right? I dunno...it's late LOL
Used Blu-rays are 30% where you live? They're only 10% off here. Hardly worthwhile, but I did pickup Breakfast Club used and since my new sealed one is less than 30 days old, and still sealed, I'll be taking it back.

The stores here call the "sale" a "coupon" so you can either use the 10% "coupon" or the coupon above. One or the other, but not both.
Old 10-27-10, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Used Blu-rays are 30% where you live? They're only 10% off here.
10% here too. I don't think they are supposed to be 30% off anywhere. If they are it's a mistake and you should jump on it.

On another note...I found a couple of new music DVDs for $4.99 before discounts:

End of the Century: The Story of the Ramones

Soul to Soul: DVD w/ Soundtrack (1971 concert with Ike and Tina Turner, Wilson Pickett etc.)

Anyone see any other music/concert DVDs marked down?
Old 10-27-10, 03:40 PM

I too stumbled upon End of the Century: The Story of the Ramones at my local FYE yesterday for $4.99 and jumped on it. I looked for others, but didn't see any. I was happy to find that one, though.
Old 10-27-10, 11:51 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 520 Likes on 457 Posts

Old 10-28-10, 07:02 AM

Used Blu-rays are 30% where you live? They're only 10% off here. Hardly worthwhile, but I did pickup Breakfast Club used and since my new sealed one is less than 30 days old, and still sealed, I'll be taking it back.

The stores here call the "sale" a "coupon" so you can either use the 10% "coupon" or the coupon above. One or the other, but not both.
It's true. They have separate blue signs up above the blu ras stating used blu rays 30% off and I even had am employee come over to check on me and mentioned it. I asked when the sale ended ad she told me 30th (this Saturday, so I'll grab a couple more before it ends.

Only one I picked up was 'Bullitt' for $6.10 after 30% off and using my BSP card.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.