DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD) 30% off Used DVD's at gohastings.com

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-09, 09:47 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: 30% off Used DVD's at gohastings.com

Originally Posted by DiggityDawg
Boy, I don't get this "ship the discs separately" thing. I've gotten 7 or 8 emails now. Seems like it's not very cost efficient for them.
My understanding is that it is because they dont keep their used product in a warehouse somewhere. This is used product that is out amongst their stores. So when an order comes in, they find stores with those particular titles in stock, and have them ship those items, so they often come from multiple locations, hence the separate shipments. (Family Video does the same thing)
Old 09-08-09, 02:59 PM

Everything I ordered came in tip-top condition -- I'll definitely be ordering some more
Old 09-08-09, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Well, you can consider me a new fan of Hastings. I just received 6 of 8 dvds, all in perfect condition (discs and case).

My order (all used, not PV...price after discount):

The X-Files: I Want to Believe (3 Disc SE) - $4.58
Beetlejuice (Deluxe Ed.) - 2.01
Scanners - 1.52
RocknRolla (SE) - 5.99
Pineapple Express (2 Disc Unrated Ed.)- 4.65
Friday the 13th: Part 2 (Deluxe Ed.) - 1.73
...still waiting on:
Friday the 13th (Deluxe Ed.) - 2.52
Friday the 13th: Part 3 3D (Deluxe Ed.) - 1.61

Total for order (w/shipping) = $34.60

cardsfan111: The copy of Friday the 13th Part 2 was the correct edition, in perfect shape, and even had the slipcover.

Last edited by dino88; 09-08-09 at 11:12 PM.
Old 09-08-09, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If only they offered free shipping with this, I'd order so much more!

Anyways I picked up:

Friday the 13th Uncut Deluxe
Friday the 13th, Part 3 3D Deluxe
Friday the 13th, Part 2 Deluxe
Laid to Rest

About $14.80 shipped. Solid.
Old 09-08-09, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by dino88
cardsfan111: The copy of Friday the 13th Part 2 was the correct edition, in perfect shape, and even had the slipcover.
Good to know. I was pretty confident they'll come through since it's clearly the uncut editions that were pictured in my order.

Like others, I've been impressed with this site/sale. For some reason I can't seem to access my order history to verify, but today I got the 2-disc version of Indiana Jones & the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and I sure think I ordered the 1 disc version. Got 4 of my DVDs today...all in different packages, of course. The version of Hancock I received seems to be in more of a rental case which makes it appear like it's a previously viewed copy as opposed to a used one. As of now though, I'm pleased with the prices and speed of delivery.
Old 09-08-09, 07:28 PM

Thanks, OP. I saw this post earlier and forgot about it. I'm a bit tight on money, right now, so I was a little hesitant in looking. I ended up getting an e-mail on it and decided to, at least, check out a couple of titles I've been wanting. I ended up buying Curious Button (BD) and Marley & Me (BD) for $20 after shipping & tax. I was debating on making the order, but I remembered I had a gift card that still had over $8 on it, so I only needed about $12. I figured I could splurge that much, especially since I've been wanting both of those titles for a while, and knew I couldn't find a better deal on them. I'm just hoping they come in the original cases. I know it's iffy, but for that price, I went ahead and took a chance. After all, Marley & Me was only $5+ before shipping & tax. I'm hoping that it has the DVD copy included, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up. I like having the extra DVD copy for my son. He's not quite old enough to sit and watch movies, yet, but he will be before I know it. I know this wasn't quite the kid's movie that they promoted it to be, but my son loves dogs, and every time he sees the movie at the store, he points to it and says "dog!" (he's only 16 months old), and one day at Blockbuster he started pulling all the copies off the shelf. So eventually he'll just enjoy watching it for the dog. But it not being a kid's movie meant it was a surprisingly good movie when my wife and broke down and saw it when all of our Valentine's Day plans got busted. It ended up being the best Valentine's Day ever, as everything was spontaneous, and included a surprisingly good movie about family...one that really touched us at the time as it was a rough day leading up to that and a lot of things that we were facing starting a new family. My wife definitely wanted the movie.

Anyway, I'm rambling about stuff most people probably don't care about. Just wanted to say thanks, and I got carried away. I'm so surprised to finally get a good deal at Hasting's website (BTW, I'm finally glad they got a new look for their site, which used to be so bland), and to finally use that gift card I've had since Christmas (so long old friend...it was nice having you comfortably sit in my wallet for months in case I needed you).
Old 09-08-09, 09:10 PM
Banned

Well i got about a dozen of the DVD's I ordered today. First of all I gotta say very fast shipping so kudos to them for that.
But I got a very scratched up copy of the 1-disk bare bones edition of Punisher: War Zone when ordered the 2-disk SE (it even says so on my packing slip.
So now I gotta go and fuss with the return.
But overall not a bad deal and some great stuff for great prices. .
Old 09-08-09, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by chris_sc77
Well i got about a dozen of the DVD's I ordered today. First of all I gotta say very fast shipping so kudos to them for that.
But I got a very scratched up copy of the 1-disk bare bones edition of Punisher: War Zone when ordered the 2-disk SE (it even says so on my packing slip.
So now I gotta go and fuss with the return.
But overall not a bad deal and some great stuff for great prices. .
Yea I had the same problem with Marley & Me 3-disc blu-ray and Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull 2-disc blu-ray. Ugh...
Old 09-08-09, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts

Meh. I put a few Zappa cds in my cart and the discount only applied to one of them.
Old 09-09-09, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lots of good deals here.

Mona Lisa (Criterion) is $6.65 after discount. I have the R2, which is a better version, so I didn't bother, but Criterion collectors may be interested.

Dick Cavett: Ray Charles is $3.15. Discount doesn't apply but already a good price.

Good deals on Fox Film noir titles too.

Here's the DVD / Blu-Ray part of my order (I also ordered a bunch of CDs):

Hard-Boiled Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $1.99
Wall-E Used - Blu-ray $8.24
There Will Be Blood Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $2.37
City of Men Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $2.64
Tristram Shandy: A Cock and Bull Story Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $2.89
Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $1.98
Let the Right One In Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $5.85
The Wrestler Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $2.18
Offside Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $2.38
This is England Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $4.47
Old Joy Previously Viewed - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $4.20
Paranoid Park Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $1.99
Tony Takitani Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $2.99
Lucia, Lucia Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $1.16
The House on 92nd Street Used - Digital Video Disc (DVD) $2.94

Last edited by illennium; 09-09-09 at 12:32 AM.
Old 09-09-09, 09:58 AM

got the first two in yesterday. very fast considering it was a holiday weekend and I only put in the order on friday. fist of legend (2 disc) came with the slipcover and the discs were in good shape. Great American Bash 2008 had marks on the disc, but I watched it all the way through with no hiccups or freezes. So far, so good. 11 more to go.
Old 09-09-09, 11:29 AM

several of you said you got some in yesterday. you had mail service on Labor Day?
Old 09-09-09, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Do we know when this code will expire? I actually hope it's soon because I can't seem to resist browsing through and finding more cheap DVDs to pick up.
Old 09-09-09, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by cinemaphile
several of you said you got some in yesterday. you had mail service on Labor Day?
Not sure I understand... Yesterday wasn't Labor Day.
Old 09-09-09, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by illennium
Not sure I understand... Yesterday wasn't Labor Day.
LMAO!!! Sorry, my week is ALL messed up. Holidays, moved into a new house, mom came home from hospital... I'm so out of touch with reality...sorry!
Old 09-09-09, 10:35 PM
Banned

Ordered the following last night for $46.63 shipped:
Smiley Face
Day the Earth Stood Still (3-disk SE)
Battle in Seattle (2-disk SE)
Sex Drive (2-disk SE)
Illuminata
The Enforcer (Dragon Dynasty)
Felicia's Journey
Bottle Shock
Paranoid Park
The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor (2-disk SE)
Batman: Gotham Knight (2-disk Se)
National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets (2-disk Se)
Warriors 3 Pack (The Patriot: SE , A Knight's Tale: SE and Das Boot: The Director's Cut all for less than $3. Not bad.)
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (2-disk SE)
Batman: Gotham Knight (2-disk SE)
Old 09-10-09, 12:44 AM

Thanks... Just ordered:

The Searchers Used $2.82
Night Shift Used $1.40
Rushmore Used $3.23
Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark Used $2.62

Merchandise:$10.07
Tax: $0.00
Shipping/Handling:$5.99
Total:$16.06
Old 09-10-09, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So, what's the general concensus on the site? I've added a few DVDs to my cart, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

I see that many of you have said that shipping was quick and the discs were in good shape, but what about the cases/cover art? Were those included with all your DVDs?
Old 09-10-09, 01:34 PM

Is anyone able to check their Order Status online, or know if the site provides tracking information? I get an error whenever I type my order number in. I ordered Friday like others did, and got my "item shipped" email on Tuesday. Just looking for an arrival estimate.
Old 09-10-09, 01:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MrSmearkase
So, what's the general concensus on the site? I've added a few DVDs to my cart, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

I see that many of you have said that shipping was quick and the discs were in good shape, but what about the cases/cover art? Were those included with all your DVDs?
Definitley I have even gotten slipcovers with many titles like Soul Men, Hancock 2-disk, What Doesnt Kill You, My Bloody Valentine (3D lenticular slipcover) , Indie Sex, Notorious (3-disk) etc.,
I have only received to wrong dvd's = Punisher War Zone 1 disk when I paid for and ordered the 2-disk and today I got the 1-disk edition of the 2009 My Bloody Valentine when I ordered and paid for the SE of the 80's version of the film.

Oh and MOst of the DVDs and CD's are in fantastic shape. Only 1 I have received taht I wanted that was bad was my copy of We Own the Night.
ALso shipping is surprisingly fast.
Old 09-10-09, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Received my last 2:

Friday the 13th (Deluxe Ed.)...perfect condition w/slipcover
Friday the 13th: Part 3 3D (Deluxe Ed.)...perfect condition, 2 pairs 3D glasses, no slipcover

I thought it was funny that the one Friday the 13th I received w/o a lenticular slipcover was Friday the 13th Part 3 3D

I'm thinking of placing another order today.

Last edited by dino88; 09-10-09 at 02:11 PM.
Old 09-10-09, 02:22 PM

3rd order
Items:
Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li (2 disc) Used - (DVD) $2.49
Avenging Angelo (steelbook)Used - (DVD) $3.24
The Bone Snatcher (steelbook) Used - (DVD) $2.57
Killshot Used - (DVD) $2.17
Nothing But the Truth Used - (DVD) $1.98
Eye See You Used - (DVD) $4.24
What Just Happened Used - (DVD) $1.94
Extreme Movie Used - (DVD) $2.29
The Express Used - (DVD) $1.90
Jet Li's Fearless (2disc) Used - (DVD) $2.37
Step Brothers (2 disc) Used - (DVD) $5.18
Day the Earth Stood Still (3 disc) Used - (DVD) $2.93
300 (3 disc) Used - (DVD) $5.32

Merchandise:$38.62
Tax: $3.50
Shipping/Handling:$14.99
Total:$57.11
Old 09-10-09, 02:36 PM

I just received about 10 of my 15 ordered. All discs were in great shape - used but in no worse shape than anything in my own collection. All of them had original cases/artwork.
Old 09-10-09, 03:03 PM

It's the opposite for me. My dvds came with slipcovers, cases, and internal booklets all in very good condition.... but the discs themselves look really bad. Major scratches and scuffing all over... one even has heat bubbles on the front side of the disc!. And I specifically ordered "used" rather than "previously viewed" as one of the posts above implied that "used" should generally be in better condition as it means from someone's collection rather than ex-rental.... but the ones I received must have been rentals, there is no way they could look this bad otherwise.

I haven't tried playing them yet, but I am tempted to return them anyway. I don't think I will be ordering from Hastings again.
Old 09-10-09, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is this supposed to work for used TV sets as well? I put a bunch in my cart, then entered the code. It said the code was applied, but the prices all stayed the same.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.