Reload this Page >

Target Media Prices August 30 - September 5, 2009

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Target Media Prices August 30 - September 5, 2009

Old 09-01-09, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts
Re: Target Media Prices August 30 - September 5, 2009

Pricing on the dvd sets leaves alot to be desired. Does it seem like the pricing on teh dvd sets is higher than in the past?
I will get Supernatural and Heroes when I can find them for cheap, but the bonus disc is tempting.
Old 09-01-09, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brandonjf
i probably won't ever be buying blu-ray sets at target as long as they are wrapping those security webs around them, which dig into the packaging.
+1

Last edited by kenbenobi; 09-01-09 at 05:09 PM.
Old 09-01-09, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I went to Target ready to buy season four of Supernatural on blu-ray and get the bonus disc, only to find out that the bonus disc was DVD-only. I had no other choice but to opt for the BB lenticular packaging which is actually pretty neat.

Last edited by PopcornBandit; 09-02-09 at 07:44 AM.
Old 09-01-09, 10:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My target had the BD of Heroes (and some other TV releases) un-clamped (no spiders or plastic or anything)

The dude at my Target had no idea about the bonus disc. I was there when it opened... all they had was regular releases.

It's a shame... seasons 1 and 2 had such great Target exclusives.
Old 09-01-09, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

At the store I went to there were only 2 copies of the Heroes exclusive version (stickered as Target exclusive) and I went there early in the morning where no one else really buys collectibles there. I guess they did not have a lot distributed to each store perhaps?

Anyone watch the bonus disc? Is it worth it? Disappointed that Target didn't do a special packing like they did for previous exclusive Heroes S1 & S2 releases.
Old 09-02-09, 12:39 PM

I went for the lenticular packaging at Best Buy for Supernatural after finding out that the Blu-ray version at target does NOT have the bonus disc. I checked with two stores before finding an employee who confirmed it for me.

I'm expecting an email back from Target soon. Their printed ad could be read either way as far as the Blu-ray, but if you open the ad on their website and click on the Blu-ray set, it specifically says:

Supernatural: The Complete Fourth Season* Blu-ray Disc
Only at Target!
$49.99
Stores Only
This item is available in stores, but is not available online.
Includes bonus DVD with 45-minute panel discussion at Comic Con and more.

Tune in Tuesday. In stores September 1. Release date subject to change. *Quantities limited; no rain checks.
Old 09-02-09, 02:05 PM

Target had S1 Bonus disc.
No one had S2 Bonus disc.

I am just curious as to why they stopped. Especially since the other (ABC) shows all have bonus discs.
I went to walmart to see if they had a Brothers & sisters S3 exclusive disc... But mine didn't even have B&S in stock. : / Which is weird cause they had all the other new releases. Guess there is no bonus disc again this year. I'm gonna wait to buy it until there is a sale. Since there is no exclusive..
Old 09-02-09, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

San Bernardino, CA

GOT IT!

A thought popped in my head and I looked an old receipt and gave a call. I wanted to know when they get new shipments. Instead the clerk told me they 'now' have three copies, "Heroes" S3 with store exclusive.

I rushed over and there they were in those plastic security boxes. Odd. Bought it and while walking away I saw that they a couple of those Centennial Collection sets, "Breakfast At Tifanny's" and "Funny Face". Asked, they're $7.50 each. Bought those as well. Then it got better.

I was given a voucher as part of my receipt for one dollar off anything over a dollar from their cafe. Picked up an Icee (cherry mixed with blueberry) for $0.34. Awesome! It's fraken hot here.

Back on topic. Didn't hit me until I was home. Sets? I only saw three (now two) boxes for "Heroes" S3. When I was there yesterday there were lots of them. All gone? Did the same thing happen like the Redlands, CA store. My quest to find the exclusive took me there. None of the sets had the "exclusive" sticker on it. The clerk was trying to convince me that ALL the copies had them inside. I left empty handed. I wonder...
Old 09-04-09, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by JohnIan
San Bernardino, CA

I was given a voucher as part of my receipt for one dollar off anything over a dollar from their cafe. Picked up an Icee (cherry mixed with blueberry) for $0.34. Awesome! It's fraken hot here.
Save your cup, I have heard that you can get free refills...
Old 09-05-09, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Doctor X
Save your cup, I have heard that you can get free refills...
its common knowledge that target no longer offers free refills. signs have been posted.