Reload this Page >

Alias Season Sets $12.99 each at Target

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Alias Season Sets $12.99 each at Target

Old 08-11-09, 09:16 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Alias Season Sets $12.99 each at Target

The Target in Vero Beach Florida had one each of the Alias sets. I picked up 1 - 3, so they still have 4 and 5.
Old 08-11-09, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The Target in Brandywine MD had one of each and they were not marked. I scanned them and they were $12.99 each so I picked up S3-S5. My collection of Alias is now complete.
Old 08-11-09, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Struck out at the Target in Glen Mills and Wilmington DE. They were cleaned out big time, but the sale is supposedly until the end of the month.
Old 08-11-09, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
All 5 seasons that are being sold at Costco are in new packaging. The case is a standard keepcase with all the discs contained on double-sided flaps.
Damn. I just picked up all 5 at Target and 2-5 were in the new packaging but season 1 was still the big box. I haven't opened it yet, so I guess I'll be heading back to Target to see if they get the new packaging.

Last edited by Michael Corvin; 08-12-09 at 06:48 AM.
Old 08-11-09, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

is this YMMV? I went to Target earlier and didn't see any of these
Old 08-12-09, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These are $15 at buy.com now, so with no tax and bing, it ends up being about the same. Need to order 2 to get free shipping though.
Old 08-12-09, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Can someone possibly post a picture of the inner packaging? I read something somewhere else that sounded like it was the spindle stack style case...standard keep case, but you open it and theres 6 discs stacked on top of each other, like a DVD-R cake box. Really not a fan if thats the case...just want to make sure I know what Im getting.
Old 08-12-09, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by ENDContra
Can someone possibly post a picture of the inner packaging? I read something somewhere else that sounded like it was the spindle stack style case...standard keep case, but you open it and theres 6 discs stacked on top of each other, like a DVD-R cake box. Really not a fan if thats the case...just want to make sure I know what Im getting.
I don't have the Alias set yet, but it looks just like the Angel set.

Old 08-12-09, 11:15 AM
JB7
DVD Talk Special Edition

Empty shelves. No Alias (wasn't going to buy anyways.. already have the set) and no Golden Girls. Couldn't get a rain check either.
Old 08-12-09, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I couldn't help myself and bought all 5 season of Alias and all 7 seasons of Golden Girls. This target had about 1 of each season of both series. The person working there said that no more had arrived on the truck. All of the Alias seasons were in the new cases.

Last edited by darkhawk; 08-12-09 at 01:19 PM.
Old 08-12-09, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by starman9000
These are $15 at buy.com now, so with no tax and bing, it ends up being about the same. Need to order 2 to get free shipping though.
Thanks for mentioning this. I went ahead and ordered seasons 2 - 5 from them using the bing cashback program. $60 total, got $6 cashback. Slightly more than it woulda been at Target but I was fed up dealing with their constant lack of stock.
Old 08-12-09, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by PopcornBandit
Is this show worth a blind buy?
I bought the first two seasons only and yesterday I watched the first disc of S1. I missed watching Alias when it first came out and I have never seen one episode. I was waiting for it to come on dvd. I didn't want to start watching it in the middle of the season, so I waited. All I had time for was to watch the first 3 episodes and from that, I went back to Target and bought the other 3 seasons. That's how great a show this is..
Old 08-12-09, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oh just as a warning to you (and everyone really), for the first disc of season 2, there are previews (you can skip them), one of those previews has a commercial for Alias season 3, and it gives away anything and everything in regards to season 2 ( including the ENDING of season 2 so be sure to hit the menu button, and not watch the previews
Old 08-13-09, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
oh just as a warning to you (and everyone really), for the first disc of season 2, there are previews (you can skip them), one of those previews has a commercial for Alias season 3, and it gives away anything and everything in regards to season 2 ( including the ENDING of season 2 so be sure to hit the menu button, and not watch the previews
I hated that preview. I didn't realize it was for Season 3, though. I couldn't remember. I had already seen the season when it aired, so it didn't bother me at first (though I saw how it could). But then when I recently went back and watched it with my wife (who hadn't seen the show) I realized how much they gave away in that preview. I don't remember seeing the ending of the season in the preview, but it did show a few of the twists. But maybe this is a different preview than what was originally on it.
Old 08-13-09, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by Rypro 525
Thank you.
Old 08-13-09, 08:38 AM

Half tempted just because i want the new cases, but i think if i were to "rebuy" alias, i'd get the collectors set, as its on of my all time favorite shows.
Old 08-13-09, 04:28 PM

Harrisburg, PA (Rt. 22) Target has at least one copy of each season left, if anybody in that area is still searching. Definitely worth a blind buy.
Old 08-13-09, 09:38 PM

I think it is really strange that most of the stores are getting only one copy of each season. My Target didn't have anything on Tuesday, then today I found one copy of each season of Alias and one copy of each season of Golden Girls (except one - someone must have bought it). I don't think people have been buying all of the stock except for one copy of each season. I snagged first three seasons of Alias (blind buy).
Old 08-13-09, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,879 Posts

I really don't see what the point of "Hey, look these DVDs are on sale for $12.99 all month, but we're only going to put one copy of each one a week."

Makes me not want to shop at Target...
Old 08-14-09, 02:04 AM

SCORE!! After picking up my weekly books at www.amazingstoriesnj.com, I took an out of the way route home so I would pass a TARGET I am never near. They had two copies of each season of ALIAS so I picked up 1-5 for myself. $64.95 plus tax. So they still have a full set as of 6 PM Thursday night and plenty of GOLDEN GIRLS. And they had DVD trolleys out for restocking but I did not look to see what was on them (my bad). Strangely, the ALIAS sets are marked $19.99 but at the Price Scan thingy, they ring up as $12.99.

They also put out the shelf-talker displays aimed towards college students w/ season sets of ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT, HIMYM, ANGEL, BUFFY, etc. but I forget the prices but they were loaded with them. This was all at the MIDDLETOWN, NJ TARGET right after HOLMDEL on ROUTE 35. I have so much friggin' TV on DVD to watch--I'm very psyched! ALIAS S1-5, LOST S1-2, EUREKA S1-3, CRIME STORY S1-2 (80's MICHAEL MANN SHOW), THE MIDDLEMAN, THE IT CROWD S1 & S2, etc. (All of my DeepDiscount Orders arrived in a huge wave this week).

Anyway, it took me 4 TARGET's to find all 5 seasons of ALIAS in stock but I would also check out COSTCO. They supposedly are loaded up with slim-cases. Going to COSTCO was my original intent but I figured since the TARGET was first on the way home, I would give it a shot. My advice is to find a TARGET that is not a high-volume store. The one in my town is jammed every day of the week and I constantly have to get rainchecks. Anyway good luck to all and I hope you strike gold. The sale goes until the end of the month!

--Marvin Dorfler

BEHOLD THE COLLECTION http://batkruse.dvdaf.com/

Last edited by Marvin Dorfler; 08-14-09 at 02:07 AM.
Old 08-14-09, 02:28 AM

Both of my local Targets had everything (with absolutely no signage advertising the sale) except for Golden Girls Season 6 which was curiously out of stock at both locations. I ended up buying 11 sets. Eeek!
Old 08-14-09, 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by SI78
Both of my local Targets had everything (with absolutely no signage advertising the sale) except for Golden Girls Season 6 which was curiously out of stock at both locations. I ended up buying 11 sets. Eeek!
Still, there's a sense of completion, no?!? I always feel like, "well thats done, another one for the vault." What area of the country was the store?

--Dorfler
Old 08-14-09, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Marvin Dorfler
SCORE!! After picking up my weekly books at www.amazingstoriesnj.com, I took an out of the way route home so I would pass a TARGET I am never near. They had two copies of each season of ALIAS so I picked up 1-5 for myself. $64.95 plus tax. So they still have a full set as of 6 PM Thursday night and plenty of GOLDEN GIRLS. And they had DVD trolleys out for restocking but I did not look to see what was on them (my bad). Strangely, the ALIAS sets are marked $19.99 but at the Price Scan thingy, they ring up as $12.99.

They also put out the shelf-talker displays aimed towards college students w/ season sets of ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT, HIMYM, ANGEL, BUFFY, etc. but I forget the prices but they were loaded with them. This was all at the MIDDLETOWN, NJ TARGET right after HOLMDEL on ROUTE 35. I have so much friggin' TV on DVD to watch--I'm very psyched! ALIAS S1-5, LOST S1-2, EUREKA S1-3, CRIME STORY S1-2 (80's MICHAEL MANN SHOW), THE MIDDLEMAN, THE IT CROWD S1 & S2, etc. (All of my DeepDiscount Orders arrived in a huge wave this week).

Anyway, it took me 4 TARGET's to find all 5 seasons of ALIAS in stock but I would also check out COSTCO. They supposedly are loaded up with slim-cases. Going to COSTCO was my original intent but I figured since the TARGET was first on the way home, I would give it a shot. My advice is to find a TARGET that is not a high-volume store. The one in my town is jammed every day of the week and I constantly have to get rainchecks. Anyway good luck to all and I hope you strike gold. The sale goes until the end of the month!

--Marvin Dorfler

BEHOLD THE COLLECTION http://batkruse.dvdaf.com/

Tempted to get Golden Girls last night, but I don't how much enjoyment I'll get out of it. I vaguely remember the show as a group of old ladies gabbing in the same kitchen scene over and over.

I did see a two pack of I Love Lucy S1 and S2 for $19.99. Great deal!
Old 08-14-09, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by rednowgreen
I don't have the Alias set yet, but it looks just like the Angel set.

Picture of DVD (can't post)
I wish all season sets would be packed like this. I'm out of shelf space, and it's mainly due to these stupid enormous TV box sets.
Old 08-14-09, 02:55 PM

Mine was completely wiped clean of these except for the two final seasons of The Golden Girls.

Luckily these were the two seasons I needed to buy to complete that series.

Hopefully they'll have Alias in stock by the end of the month.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.