Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews


Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -


Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-04-09, 10:06 AM   #1
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,619
Big Lots Part 7 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

I guess we need to start a new Big Lots thread. The last one was closed due to size. Post all of your finds here, but please post your trades in the following thread:
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-exchang...ge-thread.html
__________________
GOLD TRADER
My BD Collection (badly needs to be updated): http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=90619

Last edited by kenbenobi; 08-04-09 at 01:18 PM.
 
Old 08-04-09, 11:04 AM   #2
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Twin Cities, MN.
Posts: 1,227
Re: Big Lots Part 7 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

I was in the East Bay area over the weekend and had time to check two stores:

Lewelling Blvd in San Leandro: ONE Dukes of Hazzard season

Mission Blvd in Hayward: The end cap at the checkout had multiples of the non-animation usual stuff like Dukes, West Wing, etc. The most interesting thing was the group of Model T and Model A guys and their cars meeting up in the parking lot. And I was surprised to see BL California stores carry wine! Minnesota's liquor lobby is so strong our grocery stores can't even sell wine.

Also got to stroll through a .99 Only store...which we don't have.
__________________
"I don't follow, tag, tumbl, share, twit, like, blog, pin, digg, stumbl, link or trend. Now blow, lemming."

Last edited by docdoowop; 08-04-09 at 11:07 AM.
 
Old 08-04-09, 12:26 PM   #3
DVD Talk Legend
 
Cardsfan111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,114
Re: Big Lots Part 7 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Like most everyone else, I'm not going out of my way for Big Lots as much these days. I did stop by a store yesterday and picked up the only copy of Soul of the Game - first time I'd seen that title personally. I'd never seen, nor heard of it, but as a baseball fan it looked interesting. Reviews I've found have been pretty positive as well.
__________________
DVD/BD Spending Tab: 2017; Rank 'Em as You See 'Em: 2017; Challenge Lists

"i 'm new here. most of people in here are good. but there is a miserable person. Look into your mirror. Superboy!" --New Member, robert11
 
Old 08-04-09, 12:34 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 168
Re: Big Lots Part 7 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Well, I had pretty much given up on my daily trip to Big Lots. So, after a 4 day lay-off I went into the Danville, IL store today and came across the Looney Tunes Golden Collection (1-5) plus V6, the IMAX collection, the Super Bowl set, couple of Kubricks and tons of Roots collections.
I only grabbed the stuff I thought I might want to keep or trade, but I guess there are still stores that are just now putting out stuff. So, it might pay to keep looking.
 
Old 08-04-09, 12:35 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 256
Re: Big Lots Part 7 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller_time22 View Post
well, i had pretty much given up on my daily trip to big lots. So, after a 4 day lay-off i went into the danville, il store today and came across the looney tunes golden collection (1-5) plus v6, the imax collection, the super bowl set, couple of kubricks and tons of roots collections.
I only grabbed the stuff i thought i might want to keep or trade, but i guess there are still stores that are just now putting out stuff. So, it might pay to keep looking.
tgtbt?
 
Old 08-04-09, 12:42 PM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 168
Re: Big Lots Part 7 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinalGuffman View Post
tgtbt?
I couldn't hardly belive it myself.
 
Old 08-04-09, 12:55 PM   #7
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Joliet, IL
Posts: 1,900
Re: Big Lots Part 7 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

I thought it was "That Guy That Blew Timmy."
 
Old 08-04-09, 12:55 PM   #8
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,040
Re: Big Lots Part 7 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinalGuffman View Post
tgtbt?
Hey, I actually got that little abbreviation without having to have my teen daughter translate for me!
__________________
America's Missing Children <--- Please take a look!

"That's the problem with amnesiacs... they don't get the movie references." ~ Hank Dallworth (Terriers)
 
Old 08-04-09, 01:15 PM   #9
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,619
Re: Big Lots Part 7 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

I can dream, so I hope it ain't bullshit. I'm in WI so probably have the same distribution center as him. I'll check today for sure...
__________________
GOLD TRADER
My BD Collection (badly needs to be updated): http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=90619
 
Old 08-04-09, 01:17 PM   #10
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,619
Re: Big Lots Part 7 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwsmom View Post
Hey, I actually got that little abbreviation without having to have my teen daughter translate for me!
It took me a minute. I'm still not positive about the last T (should it be THIS or THAT?) Although MovieMaster11 might be right...
__________________
GOLD TRADER
My BD Collection (badly needs to be updated): http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=90619
 
Old 08-04-09, 01:18 PM   #11
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,040
Re: Big Lots Part 7 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
It took me a minute. I'm still not positive about the last T (should it be THIS or THAT?) Although MovieMaster11 might be right...
Hmm... I took it as "too good to be true", since the guy was finding what appears to be a small motherload...??
__________________
America's Missing Children <--- Please take a look!

"That's the problem with amnesiacs... they don't get the movie references." ~ Hank Dallworth (Terriers)
 
Old 08-04-09, 01:19 PM   #12
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 168
Re: Big Lots Part 7 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

I haven't been posting on this site for long, but I do have good trading feedback and most importantly no incentive to make up wild Big Lots stories for my own amusement. So, hopefully other stores will still have some of these big ticket items to roll out so people can get what they are looking for.
 
Old 08-04-09, 01:20 PM   #13
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,040
Re: Big Lots Part 7 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller_time22 View Post
I haven't been posting on this site for long, but I do have good trading feedback and most importantly no incentive to make up wild Big Lots stories for my own amusement. So, hopefully other stores will still have some of these big ticket items to roll out so people can get what they are looking for.
Hey, I'm all for giving folks hope! Hasn't been much luck out here in Portland - seems like you Midwesterners and East Coasters have been having the majority of the good hauls.
__________________
America's Missing Children <--- Please take a look!

"That's the problem with amnesiacs... they don't get the movie references." ~ Hank Dallworth (Terriers)
 
Old 08-04-09, 01:22 PM   #14
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,619
Re: Big Lots Part 7 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwsmom View Post
Hmm... I took it as "too good to be true", since the guy was finding what appears to be a small motherload...??
Ohh, you are probably right. I took it as:
Too Good to Believe This

I was close...
__________________
GOLD TRADER
My BD Collection (badly needs to be updated): http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=90619
 
Old 08-04-09, 01:24 PM   #15
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,040
Re: Big Lots Part 7 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
Ohh, you are probably right. I took it as:
Too Good to Believe This

I was close...
Sound to me like a perfectly reasonable interpretation!
__________________
America's Missing Children <--- Please take a look!

"That's the problem with amnesiacs... they don't get the movie references." ~ Hank Dallworth (Terriers)
 
Old 08-04-09, 01:32 PM   #16
Cool New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 20
Re: Big Lots Part 7 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller_time22 View Post
Well, I had pretty much given up on my daily trip to Big Lots. So, after a 4 day lay-off I went into the Danville, IL store today and came across the Looney Tunes Golden Collection (1-5) plus V6, the IMAX collection, the Super Bowl set, couple of Kubricks and tons of Roots collections.
I only grabbed the stuff I thought I might want to keep or trade, but I guess there are still stores that are just now putting out stuff. So, it might pay to keep looking.

AMAZING! Congrats on the fantastic find! So cool. I keep hoping that will happen to me!
 
Old 08-04-09, 03:02 PM   #17
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 83
Re: Big Lots Part 7 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller_time22 View Post
So, after a 4 day lay-off I went into the Danville, IL store today and came across the Looney Tunes Golden Collection (1-5) plus V6, the IMAX collection...

I ran as fast as I could to the Danville store...thanks again for the heads-up...although I missed out on The Looney Tunes 1-5 I was VERY happy to have gotten the Imax Box...it still kills me that I was going in there 2-3 daily and this was the VERY first day in 2 weeks that I decided to wait until after work to go!

Last edited by standbyme; 08-04-09 at 03:05 PM.
 
Old 08-04-09, 03:08 PM   #18
DVD Talk Legend
 
Cardsfan111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,114
Re: Big Lots Part 7 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

^ That's a great story, standbyme. Nice to see DVD Talkers helping each other out.
__________________
DVD/BD Spending Tab: 2017; Rank 'Em as You See 'Em: 2017; Challenge Lists

"i 'm new here. most of people in here are good. but there is a miserable person. Look into your mirror. Superboy!" --New Member, robert11
 
Old 08-04-09, 03:15 PM   #19
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 168
Re: Big Lots Part 7 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Quote:
Originally Posted by standbyme View Post
I ran as fast as I could to the Danville store...thanks again for the heads-up...although I missed out on The Looney Tunes 1-5 I was VERY happy to have gotten the Imax Box...it still kills me that I was going in there 2-3 daily and this was the VERY first day in 2 weeks that I decided to wait until after work to go!
Not a problem.

It's like the Godfather: Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.
 
Old 08-04-09, 03:18 PM   #20
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,040
Re: Big Lots Part 7 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller_time22 View Post
Not a problem.

It's like the Godfather: Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.
SO true!!!
__________________
America's Missing Children <--- Please take a look!

"That's the problem with amnesiacs... they don't get the movie references." ~ Hank Dallworth (Terriers)
 
Old 08-04-09, 03:27 PM   #21
New Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 10
Re: Big Lots Part 7 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

I hit my store and they said "I don't think we will be getting in anymore of the boxed sets. There were none on the truck today". On a side note, returns might be filtering in soon since these sets started coming in about 30 days ago. I found a L&C s1 and a couple Popeyes today that had been returned.
 
Old 08-04-09, 03:58 PM   #22
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
SethDLH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 5,613
Re: Big Lots Part 7 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Nothing new at the Eldersburg MD store... even the normal movie selection is looking kind of bare
 
Old 08-04-09, 04:20 PM   #23
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 54
Re: Big Lots Part 7 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

No new sets or new stock on sets for that matter in Bay City, MI. And they filled up the racks where they had the sets with some of their $3 movie selection. I walked out buying "Fat Boys: Disorderlies". lol. I used to watch that movie all the time as a kid.

Has anyone made a Kroger thread yet..because it seems Kroger stores have also gotten shipments of WB dvds. Like 3 or 4 people have reported it on Cheapassgamer..and I just swung by mine and low and behold..they had some WB sets:

Superman Animated Series Volume 2
Tracy takes on Seasons 1 and 2
Veronica Mars Season 1
Nightmares and Dreamscapes
Full House Season 1

They were all marked $7.99. If I wasnt broke I would have picked up Full House and Superman Animated.

 
Old 08-04-09, 04:26 PM   #24
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
b2net's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,371
Re: Big Lots Part 7 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamedLiquid View Post
No new sets or new stock on sets for that matter in Bay City, MI. And they filled up the racks where they had the sets with some of their $3 movie selection. I walked out buying "Fat Boys: Disorderlies". lol. I used to watch that movie all the time as a kid.

Has anyone made a Kroger thread yet..because it seems Kroger stores have also gotten shipments of WB dvds. Like 3 or 4 people have reported it on Cheapassgamer..and I just swung by mine and low and behold..they had some WB sets:

Superman Animated Series Volume 2
Tracy takes on Seasons 1 and 2
Veronica Mars Season 1
Nightmares and Dreamscapes
Full House Season 1

They were all marked $7.99. If I wasnt broke I would have picked up Full House and Superman Animated.

I hit 5 Krogers and found only a Tom & Jerry set... That is hit or miss worse than big lots... At least at Big Lots you could ask someone...

the Kroger one was under Ralph's... lol

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargain...-big-lots.html
 
Old 08-04-09, 04:33 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: near Dayton, OH
Posts: 524
Re: Big Lots Part 7 - List your FINDS here (NO trades)

I was at the Fairborn, OH Kroger's today and though some of the DVD's had sold, the $7.99 price sucks. Big Lots rules!!!
 
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:31 PM.


Copyright 2011 DVDTalk.com All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0