Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Big Lots Part 6

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-09, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Big Lots Part 6

Why was the last thread closed so quickly... oh well... my hunt continues for the elusive BL sets I am wanting... mainly the $10 ones
Old 07-23-09, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This isn't a DVD deal of course, but I went by the BL on my way home tonight and while they didn't have any new DVDs (I was promised they would have some tomorrow though), I did see the book Dave Gorman's Googlewhack! Adventure for only $1. I have the R2 DVD, and figured I'd enjoy the book as well.

Last edited by Brent L; 07-23-09 at 06:26 PM.
Old 07-23-09, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I was real psyched to find Dastardly and Muttly and the War at Home for $3 a pop today at the Aston Store. They also had a few Animaniacs S2, but I managed to grab one of those from Kennett Square. Love to get the Top Cat.
Old 07-23-09, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Hit mine (Midwest City, OK) again, I guess they are going to trickle in one or two at a time. They had added Tracey takes on Vol 1., a bunch of "Night Court" season 1 and some new MGM titles mentioned a few posts ago. I got Tracey v1, and a "Pursuit" which I had not seen mentioned before - it's Michael Crichton's first movie (made-for-tv). I saw it on TV several years ago and thought it was pretty good. I also got a Ray Charles Christmas concert DVD/CD that was the only one they had. It's doubtful I will be able to remember that I bought it or be able to find it at Christmas time.
Old 07-23-09, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Part 5 closed for length in six days? That's got to be a record.

Anyway, finally had some luck with the $3 sets in Blue Springs, MO. No $10 sets though. I came home with...

Josie and the Pussycats
Top Cat
Wacky Races
Huckleberry Hound
Flintstones: 3 and 5 (Why is 5 not wrapped? Also saw 1 and 4 but already own them.)
The Pebbles and Bam-Bam Show
Batman: The Animated Series: Volume 3
Tales from the Crypt: 3, 4, 5 and 6
Murphy Brown

Everything but Batman had multiples, most had 6 or 8 copies.
Old 07-23-09, 06:55 PM
Cool New Member

You know you are going to Big Lots too much when you start feeling bad for poor Joey. It's like you want to save him from the Island of Misfit DVDs. :-P
Old 07-23-09, 07:02 PM

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

gardner, ma : no HB animation or $10 sets, a few of the six$ sets, some superfriends, knots landing, that sort of thing.

fitchburg, ma : no HB animation or $10 sets.

Danvers, MA: no restock, no HB, no $10

I was at Derry, NH yesterday and they had nothing, but someone is reporting today in the last thread that they have the HB animation sets and other $3 sets.
Old 07-23-09, 07:21 PM
Cool New Member

YAY! Finally found some of the $3 sets after looking almost everyday. they didn't have many out, it looked like they just filled a few gaps. I think I bought almost all of them though, lol.

Here's what I got today:

Lois and Clark: Seasons 1, 2, 3, 4
Adventures of Superman: Seasons 2, 5/6.
The Flintstones season 4
Wacky Racers complete series
and Top Cat Complete series

Not bad, still looking for the Tales From the Crypts here! They did have 2 copies of Flintstones season 3 but both were opened and scratchy so I skipped it.
Old 07-23-09, 07:25 PM

I checked Cambridge, OH on the way home tonight. The Tales from the Crypt sets were all gone. They had the typical left over $6 stuff, Animatiacs, Pinky and the Brain, Dallas, etc. All that was left was the Flintstones from the HannaBarbara stuff and someone bought the last of those while I was there.
Old 07-23-09, 07:27 PM

Still no new stuff in South Florida.
Old 07-23-09, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by smashthesymbols
Part 5 closed for length in six days? That's got to be a record.

Anyway, finally had some luck with the $3 sets in Blue Springs, MO. No $10 sets though. I came home with...

Josie and the Pussycats
Top Cat
Wacky Races
Huckleberry Hound
Flintstones: 3 and 5 (Why is 5 not wrapped? Also saw 1 and 4 but already own them.)
The Pebbles and Bam-Bam Show
Batman: The Animated Series: Volume 3
Tales from the Crypt: 3, 4, 5 and 6
Murphy Brown

Everything but Batman had multiples, most had 6 or 8 copies.
do you need season 2 of The Flintstones? if so i'm looking for seasons 1-3 and 6-7 of Tales From The Crypt
Old 07-23-09, 07:50 PM
Banned

Last edited by wvtechs; 07-25-09 at 01:16 PM.
Old 07-23-09, 07:58 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Quatermass
Hit mine (Midwest City, OK) again, I guess they are going to trickle in one or two at a time. They had added Tracey takes on Vol 1., a bunch of "Night Court" season 1 and some new MGM titles mentioned a few posts ago. I got Tracey v1, and a "Pursuit" which I had not seen mentioned before - it's Michael Crichton's first movie (made-for-tv). I saw it on TV several years ago and thought it was pretty good. I also got a Ray Charles Christmas concert DVD/CD that was the only one they had. It's doubtful I will be able to remember that I bought it or be able to find it at Christmas time.
I've been to the one in Norman a few times this week, and it seems to be the same - trickling out one or two sets at a time. I've found Josie and the Pussycats, Space Ghost and Dino Boy, Adventures of Superman 2 and 3/4, Popeye, and 1 copy of Lois and Clark Season 1. I have yet to see or have heard of a big haul at the Norman store like others are reporting.
Old 07-23-09, 08:10 PM

I'm heading to Big Lots tomorrow hoping they restock for the weekend. I called my local one today and they did say they got some new dvds delivered, but they hadn't put them out yet. I consider my haul so far to be pretty good and lucky, especially since most of the sets I found were hidden behind other sets and I had only shopped on Mondays and Tuesdays so far. See my thread under Big Lots Part 5.

I will report to this site if I find anything interesting, such as those $10 megasets of the Looney Toones or the IMAX films or the Superbowls I-XL. I'm in the Philly area, but there is really only one Big Lot I frequent. Hello back to the fellows who welcomed me to the site. I've been hitting Big Lots for a year now, since I discovered last year's discounts, so I have been coming acrossed these sets during my weekly visits. I just came here to read what additional titles I might have missed and I learned a lot of info., so thanks all.
Old 07-23-09, 08:17 PM
Cool New Member

I visited the Pasadena, Ca store last night, they had some of the $3 sets, it was a mess though and about 10 people were searching through the DVD's, but only AFTER they saw me and my BF quickly grabbing some.

Here is what we bought:
Top Cat
Flintsones S3, 4 & 5 (about 10 ea. of S2, S3, S4 and a few of S5)
Dastardly & Muttley (2 copies left)
Wacky Races (1 copy left)
Spaceghost (only copy)
Birdman (only copy)
Batman & Superman 2pk (only copy)

Also saw:
Lois & Clark S3 (2 copies)
Tales from the Crypt (about 4 each of S2, S3, S4 and S5)
Murphy Brown S1 (w/ bonus disc)
Larry King Interviews
Jacques Cousteau River expeditions
Martha Stewart Holidays

Some $6 sets still floating around there (The OC S2, Life goes on, Drew Carrey) and many movies this one.

No $10 sets anywhere
Old 07-23-09, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Didn't find any of the new animation, but did find some new New Line movies:

The Stupids
The Bridge to San Luis Rey
Legalese
Surf Ninjas
Bullet (Tupac)
Old 07-23-09, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by turnondafun
YAY! Finally found some of the $3 sets after looking almost everyday. they didn't have many out, it looked like they just filled a few gaps. I think I bought almost all of them though, lol.

Here's what I got today:

Lois and Clark: Seasons 1, 2, 3, 4
Adventures of Superman: Seasons 2, 5/6.
The Flintstones season 4
Wacky Racers complete series
and Top Cat Complete series

Not bad, still looking for the Tales From the Crypts here! They did have 2 copies of Flintstones season 3 but both were opened and scratchy so I skipped it.
since it says you're in so cal, can i ask what store you found these at? haven't seen ANY of these titles at any of the big lots i've been to...
Old 07-23-09, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by bcink
I meant no disrespect to my wife. She is great. I have no problems doing what I want to do. She just doesn't understand and looks at me kinda funny. She thinks I am crazy and I guess she is at least partially right. She doesn't understand why I need so many DVDs, I don't understand why she needs so many shoes...

I didn't make it to Eastland at lunch. I may try tomorrow. I'll probably hit Turfland again to tonight on my way to drop of some Redbox discs before 9:00.

I meant no disrespect either... More of a this is why I'm still single jab. I will never understand the female mind. I have a better grasp of quantum physics.

Don't bother with Eastland unless you feel the urge. It is wiped out. I hit em' both right before close tonight.

I still contend that there will not be any new stock in time for the Sunday ad... I'll check on Saturday, right before close, but my money is still on Tuesday evening in time for Wednesday. The first day of the ad.

If I come up empty on Saturday and Tuesday then screw it... Even the $3 movies are picked clean. Back to a weekly visit for household shit.

Until the next deal is posted... And so it goes. My life with Big Lots!

Oh, Joey moved a little here... But he has company. The War at Home S1 has been sitting here untouched.
Old 07-23-09, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Theitman
I've been to the one in Norman a few times this week, and it seems to be the same - trickling out one or two sets at a time. I've found Josie and the Pussycats, Space Ghost and Dino Boy, Adventures of Superman 2 and 3/4, Popeye, and 1 copy of Lois and Clark Season 1. I have yet to see or have heard of a big haul at the Norman store like others are reporting.
Based on what I've been reading here, that seems to be par for the course for Arkansas, Oklahoma and North Texas. As I said in one of the earlier threads, NW 63rd & May rarely has anything but a few Spanish DVDs, but I have to drive right by it tomorrow night, so I'll be sure and post if there is anything there worth the trip.
Old 07-23-09, 08:54 PM

Found Flintstones S1 & 3 (only had about four of these seasons left total). Ask the cashier if they had more yesterday, and she said, "Yes, people were walking out with 10-15 dvd sets." Good news however is she said that she did not see any $10 sets or Looney tunes.

This was in Little Rock, AR
Old 07-23-09, 08:59 PM

My Big Lots finally got the two-disc Apollo 13 today. I was ubber excited until I opened it up and disc one was missing. The store only had one copy so I'll have to return it.
Old 07-23-09, 09:02 PM

I went to a couple Big Lots today in Louisville, KY. Picked up the elusive Joey S1 for my wife (she was a big Friends nut and I couldn't resist picking up this "gem" lol). Also grabbed a $6 two pack that had Dawn of the Dead (remake) and Land of the Dead.
Old 07-23-09, 09:04 PM

Fairless Hills, PA, Thurs. evening: multiple seasons of Lois and Clark, multiple seasons of Tales from the Crypt, one lonely Veronica Mars S2, lots of Top Cat sets, a couple copies of Murphy Brown S1

Bristol PA: no $3 sets

Franklin Mills, PA: no $3 sets, clerk said they won't be put out till Saturday

Beverly, NJ: no $3 sets, clerk said they won't be put out till Saturday
Old 07-23-09, 09:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by romac
Picked up the elusive Joey S1 for my wife (she was a big Friends nut and I couldn't resist picking up this "gem" lol).
Good one! Joey is anything but "elusive". LOL
Old 07-23-09, 09:08 PM

Went to the Merced, CA store - there were a few scant $3 boxsets including a ton of copies of some reject sitcom (sorry, name escapes me), 1 copy of Larry King greatest interviews, 2 copies of Josie and the Pussycats, and 1 cartoon boxset from the 70s (name also escapes me). Either they didn't have much of a shipment or hoarders have struck again - although I doubt this in this area.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.