DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Grocery Stores

Old 06-30-09, 08:00 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grocery Stores

Anytime I see a display of DVDs I must look, but the past I would only see overly priced newer titles at most grocery stores but lately this has not been the case. I've been stopping more and more at local grocery stores to find some great buys. At stores like Giant, Genuardi's, Food Lion, Safeway, Acme, Super Fresh, etc. I have gotten lots of great titles for $5.00 or less and even picked up some seasons for only $10.00. So just a heads up for anyone who may not have thought about looking for DVDs while grocery shopping you might want to start!

Last edited by dkedvd; 06-30-09 at 08:03 AM.
Old 06-30-09, 12:23 PM

Re: Grocery Stores

Unfortunately, the majority of these that I have seen are all full-screen copies.
Old 06-30-09, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Grocery stores rock for food, too!
Old 07-01-09, 08:25 AM

I'm in NJ, and the grocery stores near me almost all have a Sony 4-sided display, usually with a decent selection of $9.99 titles.

I know at Shop-Rites they usually have them on sale half-off ($4.99) maybe one week out of six or so. Picked up some good Sony label titles this way. The latest a few weeks ago got the 2-disk widescreen DaVince Code for the $4.99.

And it seems the full-screens are becoming less and less in the stores I'm shopping at.

Except for at Wegman's I've yet to see any BluRays.

Last edited by dvd_chance; 07-01-09 at 08:28 AM.
Old 07-01-09, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I work at an Ingles which happens to have a movie/game rental section. They have two shelves set up in the aisle that routinely has new releases ranging from $7.99-$9.99. They are shrinkwrapped and the stickers on the cases say "Previously Viewed", but the 20 or so I have bought have been in pristine condition. They also have a smaller shelf beside this one with unshrinkwrapped DVD's whose prices range from $3-$7. And then they have a small selection of previously played games in a glass case, with prices ranging from $7.99-$12.99. For example, I saw Halo Wars and Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles for $7.99 each.

Last edited by PopcornBandit; 07-01-09 at 08:36 AM.
Old 07-01-09, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I just picked up veronica mars season two for 10 bucks at a Giant. Didn't see any other seasons of the show but now I just need 3.