Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

THE STATE: Complete Series - FREE shipping, FREE T-shirt, and you get it early!

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

THE STATE: Complete Series - FREE shipping, FREE T-shirt, and you get it early!

Old 07-03-09, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: THE STATE: Complete Series - FREE shipping, FREE T-shirt, and you get it early!

So my shirt did make it direct from KS to Tulsa overnight and is out for delivery today. DVDs only made it to KS last night, so they'll probably hit Tulsa tonight and sit for 2 days
Old 07-04-09, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: THE STATE: Complete Series - FREE shipping, FREE T-shirt, and you get it early!

Anyone else having trouble ordering? Keeps rejecting my order because my addresses dont match. And I'm pretty sure I havent moved in the last day or so.
Old 07-04-09, 02:34 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Set arrived today. Already watched half of it and lots of extras!!
The style is very dated - definitely very 90's, but still funny.
Old 07-04-09, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So is the ABC special on there as well?

Also, how's the replaced music?
Old 07-04-09, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Mazje
So is the ABC special on there as well?

Also, how's the replaced music?
As far as I can find, no CBS Halloween Special wtf!!?!?

The replaced music is largely unnoticeable. The only time you can even tell is when there's any reference to a specific song or band - Like the "Slash" sketch used to have GnR music (and Red Hot Chili Peppers for Flea) and now it's just generic guitar music.
Old 07-04-09, 07:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

got my t-shirt in the mail Thursday. the Large shirt that was all they had left... too big. oh well, i'll try to shrink it.
Old 07-06-09, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

the large seems the same size as the medium except you can fit two people in it. also, my box came pretty badly damaged (torn up somehow). Anyway, I didn't really care about the box or the shirt anyway. It was great to re-watch from the beginning, but the lacking original music really makes it weird at times. It depends on whether you know the original music (a la the "raised in a barn" sketch with the Madonna songs). Either way, I am happy enough.
Old 07-06-09, 07:50 PM

still waiting for my package.
Old 07-06-09, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Mine arrived very beaten up as well. I wish I could say I wasn't bothered by it, but I am. Especially since this is the first dvd set I've paid full price for in a long time.
Old 07-06-09, 09:11 PM

got mine and the box has a big slash across the spine. wtf is wrong with mtv.com???
Old 07-06-09, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by D_N_G
got mine and the box has a big slash across the spine. wtf is wrong with mtv.com???
Sadly, that is very typical with lots of DVD and DVD sets....rushed stock workers will slash open bulk boxes that product is shipped in with box cutters, leaving slashes/cuts right across the spines of those copies unfortunate enough to be on top....I see this problem ALL THE TIME at Best Buy...they always have a bunch of copies with the dreaded "across cut"....
I always check the spines of any DVD/box set/Blu-ray Disc I purchase at a retail store to be sure not to get one with this type of spine damage....of course, it doesn't help anyone who buys something online...
Old 07-07-09, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

well, if there are enough of us, perhaps they'll send out replacement boxes (rather than requiring us to send our whole sets back).
Old 07-07-09, 09:56 AM

Wow - This show hasn't aged well AT ALL
Old 07-07-09, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by RustyOrgan
Wow - This show hasn't aged well AT ALL
It's definitely a very 90's style, but the comedy has aged just fine - just as funny today as it was back then
Old 07-07-09, 10:49 AM

Not really - It's only occasionally funny. Nothing compared to Mr. Show!!
Old 07-07-09, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The show is just as funny as it was when it was must-see tv for me in 1993. Even the commentary is hilarious.

This talk should be over in the main thread for it (if not merged entirely).
Old 07-07-09, 11:34 AM

Mr. Show = sporadically amusing, but HUGELY overrated. Nothing compared to The State.

...but yes, this thread is for bargains, so I won't continue the discussion any further.
Old 07-07-09, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've never seen The State, but plan on getting it. I just had to say that I LOVE MR. SHOW!!! There, I said it, and I won't take it back...
Old 07-09-09, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

If anyone's still on the fence about this set, this weekend Comedy Central's showing some episodes of The State (and also Stella).
Old 07-09-09, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mnementh
If anyone's still on the fence about this set, this weekend Comedy Central's showing some episodes of The State (and also Stella).
Thanks for the tip! I will watch them for sure...
Old 07-09-09, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by mnementh
And don't forget to watch Michael Ian Black and Michael Showwalter's new show, Michael and Michael Have Issues, next Wed.

I'm sure they are airing The State and Stella as promotion for their new show.
Old 07-09-09, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

WTF?! Why now, of all times, is CC finally showing the State?
Old 07-10-09, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by pinata242
WTF?! Why now, of all times, is CC finally showing the State?
As dino88 pointed out, they're showing The State and Stella because Michael and Michael Have Issues starts next week.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GPufnNpldkk&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GPufnNpldkk&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited by mnementh; 07-10-09 at 01:18 AM.
Old 07-10-09, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, I get that tie-in, but I've don't ever recall them showing The State even when Reno 911 or Stella or Viva Variety started. Or when R911: Miami hit theaters. Or The Ten.

It's great, just annoying that only after the DVDs are finally out do I finally have a chance to catch the shows on TV.
Old 07-10-09, 08:35 AM

It's just as much a commercial for the dvd's themselves. THAT is why they're willing to show them now. They figure you'll watch some and say "hey, I'd like to own the whole series!"

I guarantee there will be commercials advertising the dvd's during any episode they show.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.