Reload this Page >

Smallville season 7 blu ray 14.25 at Amazon

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Smallville season 7 blu ray 14.25 at Amazon

Old 06-13-09, 10:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Smallville season 7 blu ray 14.25 at Amazon

Originally Posted by Nugent
Uhhhm, I don't find it to be a "bold statement" at all. I will go on record as calling them balled face liars, as you call it, if selling used Blu-rays as new is what you are referring to. It happened to me and I doubt seriously others are just making it up as well. There are two of us just in this thread that have received re shrinkwrapped items.

I will give that they do a really nice job of doing it and the average consumer would be none the wiser. The Blu-ray I recieved even had a generic security sticker on the top of the case. Under that along the front of the case was reminants of the original.

This is not some guy running an operation from his moms basement,they do over a 1000 transactions a day on various websites,you think that they have an assembly line of workers sorting through used dvds and blu rays and if they are scratch free they put a security seal on them and re shrinkwrap them,give me a break.A little to much conspiracy theory going on here

This company has great feedback from amazon,half com and ebay and most the posters in this thread that have dealt with them.They do sell used dvd and blu rays but they tell you they are used,the company deals in a lot of overstock items,they get a couple cases of blu rays or hd dvds in and then blow them out,no big mystery

I recommend them to anyone reading this thread.

Last edited by NEUMANN; 06-13-09 at 10:32 PM.
Old 06-13-09, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't believe there is widespread reshrinkwrapping amongst sellers but I also don't believe it is an entirely rare occurence of retailers receiving reshrinkwrapped stock, either directly from their suppliers and/or on site. Not to pass off used/previously viewed copies as new but remaindered stock.

Some titles that show up from some of the closeout type resellers are reshrinkwrapped or done so via a method other than direct from the original manufacturer (Big Lots, online only retailers titles that contain no security labels, closeout titles that show up at places like the dollar stores, grocery chains, some of the HD DVD stock that has been closed out, etc.).

Based on my own personal experience, I don't believe it is unheard of for a seller to receive reshrinkwrapped new titles that once contained a floater once reseating it (including some of the large Amazon resellers, and Amazon itself, as I've received some shrinkwrapped items that had one disc that appeared to have marks caused by being a floater, rather than used, with a fingerprint or two on the inside).
Old 06-13-09, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

But they still shouldn't mark their product as NEW. New is when the product has been unsealed from the point it leaves the original manufacturing facility. Why don't they simply mark it used? Seems like they want to try and fib a little, just to get those unsuspecting consumers who think these really are NEW. I don't care if the discs are immaculate, the point is, the package was opened and once it is opened...it is now USED. It's up to the seller to explain that while it is technically used, the discs are immaculate and are exactly like a new package, only the package has been opened for whatever reason.

DeepDiscount avoids this issue by purchasing from 3rd parties who shrinkwrap used DVDs and then sell them to DeepDiscount for new. We've had a few posters on this forum who received used DVDs which were sold as new. Of course, DeepDiscount can easily say they didn't know because they are simply ordering from a 3rd party seller.
Old 06-13-09, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 362 Likes on 214 Posts

I have brought from Newbury Comics and pieceofmindmedia from Amazon.com Marketplace and always been happy with what blu-ray movie I have purchased from them. Especially from Newbury Comics, the blu-ray movies have always been in immaculate shape. When they say it New it's been factored sealed. Anything shipped to me by Newbury Comics gets to me in about 3-4 days after I order the blu-ray movie.

I have stopped buying from pieceofmindmedia only because it takes over 3 weeks for the blu-ray movies to get to me. Yes they do ship media mail as they should but for some reason they always take over 3 weeks. When buying from other sellers it does not take that long when they ship media mail.
Old 06-13-09, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So now anyone not buying into the fact that this place is the end all be all is a liar?

You seem to be taking this way to personal. Nobody questioned how many transactions a day they do. Who cares. That has nothing to do with the fact that I have received a clearly re-shrinkwrapped Blu-ray from them.

You believe whatever you need. Unless you work there you have no idea what they do or do not do as far as re-packaging used goods and selling them as new.

Just don't call anyone a liar or a conspiracy theory nut that disagrees with you.

Originally Posted by NEUMANN
This is not some guy running an operation from his moms basement,they do over a 1000 transactions a day on various websites,you think that they have an assembly line of workers sorting through used dvds and blu rays and if they are scratch free they put a security seal on them and re shrinkwrap them,give me a break.A little to much conspiracy theory going on here

This company has great feedback from amazon,half com and ebay and most the posters in this thread that have dealt with them.They do sell used dvd and blu rays but they tell you they are used,the company deals in a lot of overstock items,they get a couple cases of blu rays or hd dvds in and then blow them out,no big mystery

Old 06-14-09, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

I have gotten many a great deal from Newbury Comics and highly recommend them.

And you're all liars and part of the conspiracy if you don't believe me!
Old 06-14-09, 12:50 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by NEUMANN

I'll tell you right now, my Nip/Tuck Season 4 BD was in fantastic shape. However when I opened it, there were fat fucking fingerprints on three discs. How could there be fingerprints on a BD that was new? Maybe because there are some less-than-legit practices going on there.
Old 06-14-09, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Moopher
I'll tell you right now, my Nip/Tuck Season 4 BD was in fantastic shape. However when I opened it, there were fat fucking fingerprints on three discs. How could there be fingerprints on a BD that was new? Maybe because there are some less-than-legit practices going on there.
Oddly I found that twice on brand new DVD's I thought that was VERY odd. (One was from Target)
Old 06-14-09, 07:28 AM

Received 511 Likes on 368 Posts

I ordered this set from them about 10 days ago. They've been selling it cheap for a while. There's a bunch of sellers with new copies under $20.

The one I received is definitely NEW. It's in the original shrinkwrap with Sony and CW stickers and it's got the security sticker on top.

They sell both NEW and LIKE NEW items. It's possible that either, the buyer accidentally ordered the LIKE NEW item, or they accidentally shipped the LIKE NEW item instead of the NEW item. I know that every time I've ordered a NEW item from them, I received a NEW item.
Old 06-14-09, 07:53 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 675 Likes on 451 Posts

I've used these sellers a few times, and have always received new shrink wrapped products.

I'd guess that these complaints are just the normal number of errors in a big operation, and that the companies would correct them if you asked.
Old 06-14-09, 09:13 AM

I purchased 3 copies of Nip/Tuck S4 on BD from pieceofmindmedia that was fulfilled by Amazon. When I received them they turned out to be used. I wrote Amazon and told them they were not new, but rewrapped. Amazon apologized and instantly credited my card back without having to wait to return the 3 blu-ray. They also told me to go ahead a place the same order through them and write them back with the order number so they can credit me the difference. So I did managed to get them new for the low price.SO, if you ordered from them and got used stuff try writing to Amazon and see if they will do for you what they did for me.

So, now I stuck with 2 new copies of Nip/Tuck Season 4 on BD. Anyone interested?
Old 06-14-09, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Chip718
I purchased 3 copies of Nip/Tuck S4 on BD from pieceofmindmedia that was fulfilled by Amazon.
So, now I stuck with 2 new copies of Nip/Tuck Season 4 on BD. Anyone interested?
Stick with?!?!?!?! You ordered 3 copies! Why order 3 if you didn't need 3?
Old 06-14-09, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Why buy just one when you can buy THREE!

In any case, I came here thinking there were 7 BDs for $14.25 on Amazon. I'm up too early.
Old 06-14-09, 10:26 AM

At the price I though they would make good gifts. It turns out that my sisters boyfried doesnt has a 360 not a PS3 and my nephew is way to young for that kind of content.
Old 06-14-09, 11:04 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

At the price I though they would make good gifts. It turns out that my sisters boyfried doesnt has a 360 not a PS3 and my nephew is way to young for that kind of content.
Old 06-14-09, 11:29 AM
Suspended

I purchased 3 copies of Nip/Tuck S4 on BD from pieceofmindmedia that was fulfilled by Amazon. When I received them they turned out to be used. I wrote Amazon and told them they were not new, but rewrapped. Amazon apologized and instantly credited my card back without having to wait to return the 3 blu-ray. They also told me to go ahead a place the same order through them and write them back with the order number so they can credit me the difference. So I did managed to get them new for the low price.SO, if you ordered from them and got used stuff try writing to Amazon and see if they will do for you what they did for me.

I'm interested if I can buy them from you what you paid for them.
Old 06-14-09, 11:44 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 675 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by gimmepilotwings
I'm interested if I can buy them from you what you paid for them.
After you add shipping, envelope, and paypal fees, it would be much more than what you can buy it new for, right?

They are $6.88 new on Amazon.

Last edited by Trevor; 06-14-09 at 11:59 AM.
Old 06-14-09, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Trevor
After you add shipping, envelope, and paypal fees, it would be much more than what you can buy it new for, right?

They are $6.88 new on Amazon.
That is absolutely nuts that they are so cheap.
Old 06-14-09, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I will probably buy this a gift for a friend.
Old 06-14-09, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 806 Likes on 680 Posts

I have had many dealings with Pieceofmindmedia through Amazon and Half. What many are reporting here is 100% factually correct. A fair number of their items for sale on Amazon listed as "new" are actually used items re-shrinkwrapped to appear factory sealed. After a couple of these experiences, I had an email exchange with one of the guys behind the company. He acknowledged that some of their items are resealed, but never responded to my point to not list these type of items as "new". In the past three months they seem to have gotten a little better separating this category of items and charging a little more for factory sealed items over the resealed items. The difference was most obvious on certain Weinstein dvds and Warner Blu-rays, where they were offering them sealed in the wrong type of case.

To be fair, the items are typically in good condition for a used product. I think it is a little dishonest to list media items as "new" unless they are factory sealed by the original manufacturers.
Old 06-14-09, 08:12 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I think it is a little dishonest to list media items as "new" unless they are factory sealed by the original manufacturers.
"A little"? It is patently dishonest. It is either new or it isn't, you can't have it both ways.
Old 06-22-09, 02:48 PM

I received my copy from Newbury Comics on Thursday, and it arrived brand new and sealed (not a reseal), for 11.68 plus 2.98 shipping. Fantastic deal for this. Thanks again OP.
Old 06-22-09, 11:21 PM

I got mine today from pieceofmindmedia for 14.25 shipped. Not a reseal either. Thanks OP!!
Old 06-25-09, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

maybe the posts should say @ amazon via a different seller...