Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

(DEAD) DDD 25% Sale - IT'S *NOT* ALIVE!!

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD) DDD 25% Sale - IT'S *NOT* ALIVE!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-09, 07:13 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
re: (DEAD) DDD 25% Sale - It's Live! (For Now)

They honored it every other year this happened in the past.
Old 06-11-09, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's something not right about Pizza eating Popcorn.
Old 06-11-09, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NoirFan
My order also still says processing, but when I called a CSR to find out my order status, they couldn't find it in their system.
As someone who works in software, the thought has occurred to me that they may have been temporarily linked to a different database to test the software before the sale. So the orders may be sitting in their other database. The upside of this is that when the sale does start, they may switch back to that same database, and then the orders may start processing.

I'm not saying this is a likely scenario, but it is possible...
Old 06-11-09, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DVD Guy ATL
There's something not right about Pizza eating Popcorn.
Good one!

Anyway, it is disappointing if you don't get your discounts. We've all lost out on deals. All the same it's not that bad, you'll get your chance again when the sale officially starts.
Old 06-11-09, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Sounds to me like these orders are going to be held, and thus remain "processing" until the sale goes live. So you've gotten your orders in, and they'll be filled once the sale starts.

Maybe this little hiccup will entice DD to get the sale rolling earlier.....not sure why they moved it to July anyway.

Does DD Dave still post here?
Old 06-11-09, 10:26 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
Maybe this little hiccup will entice DD to get the sale rolling earlier.....not sure why they moved it to July anyway.
I must've missed something - but where/when was it announced that the sale was moved to July? ...And July what?
Old 06-11-09, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Mickactual
I must've missed something - but where/when was it announced that the sale was moved to July? ...And July what?
DDD Semi-Annual Sale Thread
Old 06-11-09, 10:35 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
Thanks - missed that thread somehow...
Old 06-12-09, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Here is the response I got from when I emailed them questioning the status of my order:
Unfortunately we were unable to locate your order with the order # you
have provided. Please provide us with the billing name and address, correct order
number, order date, and/or items ordered so that we can assist you further. We
apologize for any inconvenience caused to you.
I replied back copy/pasting the entire website page, so I'll see what their response is to that.
Old 06-12-09, 08:34 AM

The only thing I look forward to more than the semi-annual sales are these threads! Every sale there are a handful of people that get in early followed by the onslaught of "will they" or "won't they" honor my order posts.

Why can't you just wait until it's official? Even if their price goes up a dollar or two you (and for the record I don't think this happens as much as people complain about) are you not still getting a deal? All the early orders do is congest customer service with emails about order status, and makes the customer service staff annoyed by this sale before it evan starts...

Seriously, why can you all just wait for the offical announcement like the rest of us!
Old 06-12-09, 08:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bossman284
The only thing I look forward to more than the semi-annual sales are these threads! Every sale there are a handful of people that get in early followed by the onslaught of "will they" or "won't they" honor my order posts.

Why can't you just wait until it's official? Even if their price goes up a dollar or two you (and for the record I don't think this happens as much as people complain about) are you not still getting a deal? All the early orders do is congest customer service with emails about order status, and makes the customer service staff annoyed by this sale before it evan starts...

Seriously, why can you all just wait for the offical announcement like the rest of us!
Personally, I like the number of people who miss out on the early glitches, then their posts sound like they're all butthurt because they missed out.

Me, I got an email from a pal who said, "Hey, I think the DD sale is going on now. Try LATIMES." So I did, and got a discounted sale in. Then I come here after work and find out it was a glitch or something. Now, I'm sitting on an order which may or may not go, and I'm fine either way.

(Tell ya what I'm pissed about ... ordered two movies from Amazon last Sunday, and they haven't shipped out YET! Grumble grumble ........)
Old 06-12-09, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by flashburn
Here is the response I got from when I emailed them questioning the status of my order:

Unfortunately we were unable to locate your order with the order # you
have provided. Please provide us with the billing name and address, correct order
number, order date, and/or items ordered so that we can assist you further. We
apologize for any inconvenience caused to you.
I replied back copy/pasting the entire website page, so I'll see what their response is to that.
I have been on the phone with customer support multiple times, and they were also unable to find my order even though I had an order number and could see it in my order history. It simply is not in their system. I had duplicate orders (one for Bling) so I need to cancel the first. Oddly though my order is invisible, I have already gotten a notification that my Bling credit is processing....
Old 06-12-09, 09:07 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by rfduncan
I have been on the phone with customer support multiple times, and they were also unable to find my order
Perhaps you should tell them to look in their test database.
Old 06-12-09, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

What you could try is...In your browser click "File Save As," and save the order page as an HTML, and e-mail it to the CSR you're talking to. They can't rightly say that is doesn't exist at that point.
Old 06-12-09, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Don't get me wrong either way, I won't be pissed if they cancel my order or if the sale is only 20%. I just want it sorted out by the time actually does start, so I know whether or not I need to place a new order.
Old 06-12-09, 09:25 AM

I can't speak for anyone else but I went to DDD and started getting an order ready the second the initial post in this thread went up. I just happened to be surfing this site and saw the post within 1 minute of it going up. I thought it was the real deal and tried to place an order after thinking for a bit about what to get. Mine was a very small order anyhow and I wasn't trying to scam the system.

If these don't go through (and I don't think they are going to) it's no skin off my back. I'll wait for the sale to start in earnest.

Gary
Old 06-12-09, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Nate the Great
Personally, I like the number of people who miss out on the early glitches, then their posts sound like they're all butthurt because they missed out.
Personally, I like the number of people who are so oblivious to others' perspectives on their behavior and words that they think that those others are jealous of them. The "You're just jealous!" line might work in 3rd grade, but shouldn't you be a little bit beyond that? Has there EVER been a person who has had that said to them who was ACTUALLY feeling jealous? It's just a pathetic out that gives the loser something to say to remain feeling superior after logic and reason have failed them. Makes me feel like I'm talking to Paris Hilton.

If I were stupid enough to try to capitalize on a glitch like this, I would hope that I would at least not be so stupid as to parade my petty behavior in front of others.

BTW,
Originally Posted by DD's Policies
Promotional offers or coupons may list certain restrictions and conditions, such as one use per customer, minimum purchase required or other specific conditions. Please refer the offer for specific details.
I know that a bunch of pseudo-lawyers, wannabe-lawyers, pretend lawyers, and even a real lawyer or two will try to offer their "informed" opinions about the meaning of that, but my question is: Did you refer to the offer for specific details that listed restrictions and conditions before you used the coupon?

Last edited by Cheato; 06-12-09 at 10:33 AM.
Old 06-12-09, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate the Great
Agree. I also recently learned that you can't say anything about such cases because then they act like you're a bad guy harassing them somehow instead of just stating the plain truth that they were complaining about a mistake and it's somehow the store's fault.

The only thing I have to complain about is how long my order took to arrive during the last sale. Most of my stuff from both sites were on backorder even though I ordered the morning after the sale and a couple of them never came back in stock.
Old 06-12-09, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Cheato
If I were stupid enough to try to capitalize on a glitch like this, I would hope that I would at least not be so stupid as to parade my petty behavior in front of others.
That's a bit unfair IMO. This wasn't an obvious glitch a la the Borders 80% off fiasco. It could have just as easily been the beginning of the actual, expected semi-annual sale.
Old 06-12-09, 11:35 AM
Cool New Member

Whether people knew it was a glitch & were trying to capitalize on it, or thought the sale had started (even though it wasn't announced on DD's site or any of the other pages that announce it) doesn't matter. The codes that were used were expired ... they expired last November. Maybe DD will honor these sales, but I wouldn't be surprised, or blame them, if they don't.
Old 06-12-09, 11:39 AM

Some grumpy people up in this thread lol.
Old 06-12-09, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DVD Guy ATL
That's a bit unfair IMO. This wasn't an obvious glitch a la the Borders 80% off fiasco. It could have just as easily been the beginning of the actual, expected semi-annual sale.
Point taken. Thanks, and apologies to anyone that is simply in that boat and is not looking to get something out of the company they are not actually entitled to.

I hadn't given much weight to that compared to the pushy "they accepted my order, I have the screenshots to prove it, I demand my stuff, and if they don't give it to me I'm contacting the BBB and am never going to order from them again--at least until the next sale when I'll do it, anyway, without telling anyone here" type of posts that usually develop in these situations. (Note: not trying to misrepresent or distort anyone's previous statements--for example, flashburn mentioned copying the website page to show the order to DD, but has been the polar opposite of the "demanding" type of customer.)
Old 06-12-09, 12:19 PM

"The coupon LATIMES is not valid."

That's what I'm getting.
Old 06-12-09, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Anne
"The coupon LATIMES is not valid."

That's what I'm getting.
Hmm. Might be why the thread title STARTS with the word DEAD.
Old 06-12-09, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by jpolz
Whether people knew it was a glitch & were trying to capitalize on it, or thought the sale had started (even though it wasn't announced on DD's site or any of the other pages that announce it) doesn't matter. The codes that were used were expired ... they expired last November. Maybe DD will honor these sales, but I wouldn't be surprised, or blame them, if they don't.
That might work if they didn't use the same codes every single sale.

Like it has been stated many times in this thread, how are we supposed to know exactly when the sale starts? Quite often this is how we first find out when it goes live, the second someone finds a code works.

You also seem to be making a bigger deal out of this than anyone who placed an order is. I don't see anyone here yelling and screaming about how they should honor this. I think many of us just want to know whether or not they will so we know what do to when the sale actually starts.

Last edited by flashburn; 06-12-09 at 12:55 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.