Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

(DEAD) DDD 25% Sale - IT'S *NOT* ALIVE!!

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD) DDD 25% Sale - IT'S *NOT* ALIVE!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-09, 01:44 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts
re: (DEAD) DDD 25% Sale - It's Live! (For Now)

So, why don't they not have a sale...and just offer their current prices. Would be a lot easier.
Old 06-15-09, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by goblinking73
Hi,

Longtime lurker, first time posting...

I just called customer service and talked to a very nice lady who explained everything to me so I wanted to pass on this information. From what she told me the orders have been cancelled, they actually got an alert in their system telling them that an invaild code was used and the orders would not be filled

If I understood correctly once you place an order it goes to the warehouse and then it is placed into the system to be processed. Once these "invalid orders" were at the warehouse they were cancelled right away and never even entered into the system.

That is why the order numbers are not showing up on their end but we have them. Hope that makes sense.....

I told her my worry was that I would be charged twice if I placed this order again and she told me that would not happen since it was basically stopped from the get go.

Customer service was very nice to me and answered everything I needed to know. It would have been great if it went through but I understand that it didn't so no hard feelings.

Hope this information is helpful to someone else....

Jason
I just got the same information confirmed nearly word for word by a customer service rep who, curiously, sounded more than a little pissed that anyone would complicate his life by placing an order with an "invalid code." Basically, sounds like you can forget ever seeing an order fulfilled, much less an apology from DDD for any inconvenience caused by the glitch...
Old 06-15-09, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No need for an apology, but it's a downer that I may not be able to get as great a deal on the 2 things I ordered from the non-sale.
Old 06-15-09, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gypo66
Basically, sounds like you can forget ever seeing...an apology from DDD for any inconvenience caused by the glitch...

Dear Customer,
We are extremely sorry that you were unable to use a sale code that expired 6 months ago to place an order and receive a discount that we were not offering at this time. It is unfortunate that from your end it appeared as though your order had been accepted by our system. However, our system was not programmed to deal with people trying to take unfair advantage of it in that particular way. Of course, your credit card was not charged, and the order was removed from the system as soon as it was noticed to be invalid, but apparently some people still feel they need an apology.
In the future, if you would like to try random coupons and sale codes to try to get unadvertised discounts that you are not actually eligible for, we invite you to try any of our numerous competitors' websites. You may have better luck.
Sincerely,
DeepDiscount
Old 06-15-09, 12:33 PM

Haha that's hilarious.
Old 06-15-09, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Cheato

Dear Customer,
We are extremely sorry that you were unable to use a sale code that expired 6 months ago to place an order and receive a discount that we were not offering at this time. It is unfortunate that from your end it appeared as though your order had been accepted by our system. However, our system was not programmed to deal with people trying to take unfair advantage of it in that particular way. Of course, your credit card was not charged, and the order was removed from the system as soon as it was noticed to be invalid, but apparently some people still feel they need an apology.
In the future, if you would like to try random coupons and sale codes to try to get unadvertised discounts that you are not actually eligible for, we invite you to try any of our numerous competitors' websites. You may have better luck.
Sincerely,
DeepDiscount

That has to be the funniest thing I've read on this forum!
Old 06-15-09, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Great post Cheato
Old 06-16-09, 05:19 AM

Haha! A code expired six months ago? Man, that's hilarious. Does DD's CS think we aren't aware the sale occurs twice a year?
Old 06-16-09, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Cheato

Dear Customer,
Sincerely,
DeepDiscount

Old 06-16-09, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Raye
Haha! A code expired six months ago? Man, that's hilarious. Does DD's CS think we aren't aware the sale occurs twice a year?
I think someone's sarcasm detector is due for a check-up.
Old 06-16-09, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Raye
????????
Old 06-16-09, 12:59 PM

I decided it was time to exhale - not holding my breath for this sale. That said , I CAN'T WAIT !@ I'm rolling the dice for 25% and plan to spend at least a week's wages.
Old 06-16-09, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Darknite39
No need for an apology, but it's a downer that I may not be able to get as great a deal on the 2 things I ordered from the non-sale.
The interesting thing to me is that the order is still visible in my history so I can TELL how much they're jacking their prices when the sale starts just by looking there.
Old 06-17-09, 01:41 AM

The Douglas Fairbanks boxset A Modern Musketeer now has a DDD price of $72.90, up from its longstanding price of $62.89. DVDPricesearch still shows this set at the old lower price. DDD probably raised this DVD's selling price in preparation for its 25% semi-annual sale. Which could indicate the sale will probably take place shortly, in June, not July. My guess is that DDD Day is next Thursday, June 25.

Last edited by gerrytwo; 06-17-09 at 01:44 AM.
Old 06-17-09, 01:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by gerrytwo
The Douglas Fairbanks boxset A Modern Musketeer now has a DDD price of $72.90, up from its longstanding price of $62.89. DVDPricesearch still shows this set at the old lower price. DDD probably raised this DVD's selling price in preparation for its 25% semi-annual sale. Which could indicate the sale will probably take place shortly, in June, not July. My guess is that DDD Day is next Thursday, June 25.
Love the "DDD Day"! Got to remember that one.

We'll know in a week if your hunch is right.
Old 06-17-09, 02:01 AM

Yep, the price rises have started. Carpenter's Halloween Blu-Ray and Johnnie To's Running Out Of Time both been jacked up. Boo
Old 06-17-09, 06:56 AM
Cool New Member

I hope you're right that the sale is soon, but I think there are constantly price fluctuations going on. I checked the prices on my wish list with what they were a few weeks ago and about 40% of them had price changes.. some up, some down. in comparison to a few weeks ago, the grand total of what I hope to order during the sale is currently down 7 cents (over 20 items and around $400)
Old 06-17-09, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

The Douglas Fairbanks boxset A Modern Musketeer now has a DDD price of $72.90, up from its longstanding price of $62.89. DVDPricesearch still shows this set at the old lower price. DDD probably raised this DVD's selling price in preparation for its 25% semi-annual sale.
So I guess you'll be buying this somewhere else ... oh, wait ..... it's still the best deal on line for this title, and that's before any sale discount.

Prices fluctuate all the time, as others have said. Every year people pile on with specific upward changes, but tend to ignore all the price drops. After participating in every one of their semi-annual sales, probably 98% of my wish-list items have been the same or sometimes even lower when the starting bell rings.
Old 06-17-09, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The issue of DDD raising prices before their big sales has been hashed over for years. There have been a number of threads that systematically tracked price increases and decreases, and have shown no consistent pattern of increases before the sale other than the normal price fluctuations that happen all the time. Some prices went up, other prices went down.

This is a classic urban legend. You can present all the facts you want; people will still believe what they want to believe.
Old 06-17-09, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by seymouru
The issue of DDD raising prices before their big sales has been hashed over for years. There have been a number of threads that systematically tracked price increases and decreases, and have shown no consistent pattern of increases before the sale other than the normal price fluctuations that happen all the time. Some prices went up, other prices went down.

This is a classic urban legend. You can present all the facts you want; people will still believe what they want to believe.
It's not that much of an urban legend because all types of stores sometimes do things like raising prices or removing certain products before a sale.

Amazon does it all the time but people don't seem to complain as much when they do it.
Old 06-17-09, 10:43 AM

prices go up because DD waits for their other sales to expire before they do their 20% sale
Old 06-17-09, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That's only partially true. That is why some prices go up, but over the past few years I've seen items in my cart not in any sale at all to up when the 20/25% sale begins.
Old 06-17-09, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

And I've seen many items go down in price just before the 20%/25% sale begins. Of course, the increases are going to get more attention than the decreases, reinforcing the urban legend.
Old 06-17-09, 07:32 PM

So is the sale up or not now?
Old 06-17-09, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by theend888
So is the sale up or not now?
Too lazy to do a little bit of reading?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.