Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

(DEAD) DDD 25% Sale - IT'S *NOT* ALIVE!!

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD) DDD 25% Sale - IT'S *NOT* ALIVE!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-09, 08:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: (DEAD) DDD 25% Sale - It's Live! (For Now)

Still no confirmation email for me. The order is appearing on my order page as "processing", but I have a bad feeling they are just going to sift through everything today and cancel the orders that used the code for that little bit of time. Not a big deal if it happens, I only ordered a couple of smaller items that I'm perfectly content to wait another month or so on.

As many other posters have said, I actually do hope the sale doesn't start up till mid July or late July, because I have a half dozen or so dvds that are coming out in the next 6 weeks that I'd love to get the discount on.

Gary
Old 06-11-09, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by RequiemX
To be honest, I'd rather have another sweet Criterion sale.
Seconded.
Old 06-11-09, 11:01 AM
Cool New Member

Yeah starting to get worried. No order confirmation yet. Put in my bigger order and forgot some dvds,but the code had stopped working by then.

I thought last year the sale had started by now. Mid or late July is a little to close to the sale in November,if they still have it.
Old 06-11-09, 12:45 PM

My order is suddenly not showing up in my order history.
Old 06-11-09, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by lxjenkins
My order is suddenly not showing up in my order history.
Mine still says "processing."
Old 06-11-09, 03:12 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by docdoowop
Mine still says "processing."
So does mine. No confirmation e-mail yet. We most likely won't see anything until the sale officially starts.
Old 06-11-09, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just got home from work & checked today, still no order confirmation, still showing up in my account summary as "in-process". I've definitely got a feeling that they are going to cancel these orders, which they shouldn't the coupons did work, we did place the order, so we should get the sale price. It's like if you are at a retail store & some employee puts the wrong price sticker on an item, it's not the customer's fault, the store has to honor the price on the product. It's not our fault, if this coupon code wasn't suppose to work, we placed the order for that price, so we should get it.
Old 06-11-09, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

First DD sale for me, are books included?

I've already added everything to my wish list for when the sale officially starts, but now I'm just wondering if I should add some books.

edit...Thanks clappj.

I just looked at my order history and realized that my post is a lie. The first time I ever ordered from DD was last June during their 20% off sale. I ordered the Sergio Leone Anthology, La Haine (Criterion) and Seven Samurai (Criterion). Let's just say I've bought a lot of dvds this past year.

Last edited by dino88; 06-11-09 at 04:28 PM.
Old 06-11-09, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by dino88
First DD sale for me, are books included?
No.
Old 06-11-09, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Didn't they discount a whole bunch of books at 20-25% off one time though just to go along with this sale? But yeah, it's not normally something they do. I think it worked back when they first started doing it though.
Old 06-11-09, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Brent L
Didn't they discount a whole bunch of books at 20-25% off one time though just to go along with this sale? But yeah, it's not normally something they do. I think it worked back when they first started doing it though.
I think they've been doing that each sale for CDs and books since they began carrying them. It's not on everything, but select items will be discounted to match the sale codes. I seem to recall the first sale with that setup the codes briefly worked on top of the discount and you could get some crazy deals.
Old 06-11-09, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My order also still says processing, but when I called a CSR to find out my order status, they couldn't find it in their system. He told me to call them tomorrow if it still hasn't processed, and they will re-do the order. Wish me luck attempting to convince them to add the 25% off though.
Old 06-11-09, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sessa17
Just got home from work & checked today, still no order confirmation, still showing up in my account summary as "in-process". I've definitely got a feeling that they are going to cancel these orders, which they shouldn't the coupons did work, we did place the order, so we should get the sale price. It's like if you are at a retail store & some employee puts the wrong price sticker on an item, it's not the customer's fault, the store has to honor the price on the product. It's not our fault, if this coupon code wasn't suppose to work, we placed the order for that price, so we should get it.
The Colorado Lottery the other day accidentally sent out notices to 3,700 people telling them that they won $100 (the notice was supposed to go to 20 people). Should they have to give everyone the $100? Did DD ever advertise this code or the sale? If it was a glitch in the system I see no reason why they should have to honor the sales.
Old 06-11-09, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I hope my orders are honored, but, even if they aren't, I doubt the prices will be much different unless they don't do 25% off in the real sale.
Old 06-11-09, 04:47 PM
Suspended

How would the code have gotten out, anyways?
Old 06-11-09, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

They re-use a lot of the same codes. If someone were to check them periodically, they might find that one or more has been activated, possibly for internal testing purposes.
Old 06-11-09, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by WallyOPD
The Colorado Lottery the other day accidentally sent out notices to 3,700 people telling them that they won $100 (the notice was supposed to go to 20 people). Should they have to give everyone the $100? Did DD ever advertise this code or the sale? If it was a glitch in the system I see no reason why they should have to honor the sales.
What does this have to do with the lottery? That is a completely seperate entity your comparison makes no sense & that is a state run commision. This is a retailer, not a lottery. I explained why they should have to honor the code, the customer is not responsible for the glitch, the retailer is, I managed retail for years, if an employee puts a product out for $5, when it should be $50, the retailer has to honor that to the customer, it's their mistake, same applies on-line. This happens all the time at Amazon, happened to me & others here on the Lost Blu-Rays. I placed an order at a lower price, then they jacked the price up, that isn't my fault. Amazon ended up honoring the lower price my order was placed at.
Old 06-11-09, 05:16 PM

I explained why they should have to honor the code
You did, it's just not necessarily that compelling an argument. If we must use brick and morter analogies, it feels more like sneaking into the stock room to grab marked-down merchandise that hasn't been put onto the shelves yet and running up to the register with it. Maybe they should've guarded the stock room door better, but still, no one should be shocked to find themselves rebuffed at the counter.
Old 06-11-09, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by jaygarrick
You did, it's just not necessarily that compelling an argument.
Wasn't trying to make a compelling argument, just posting an opinion. Read my 2nd post for why I feel they should honor our orders.
Old 06-11-09, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Wasn't trying to make a compelling argument, just posting an opinion. Read my 2nd post for why I feel they should honor our orders.
Uh-oh. This is turning into another "Best Buy manager threatened to ask me to leave..." thread and that thing is never ending. I guess we can tell from the posts who is bitter about missing out on the early sale. Does anyone know the list of previous codes, so if one of us finds one that works we can all jump on it? If one starts working like yesterday, between everyone checking this thread and deepdiscount, we should have a good chance of getting an order or two in.

Last edited by dino88; 06-11-09 at 05:45 PM.
Old 06-11-09, 05:46 PM
Suspended

Yeah, I think it's bullshit if they didn't honor it. My point being is I just happened to be online and ordered from DDD when this code was working and I fully intended to order all the stuff I did sale or not (because frankly, I'm sick of waiting and another month and a half to save $30 off regular price due to their insane shipping to Canada isn't exactly super enticing). If this order doesn't go through, then the time I have to wait for it to cancel means I will have to wait longer ordering from another retailer, not to mention I will have missed out on deals on the same products that I got from DDD.
Old 06-11-09, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by NoirFan
My order also still says processing, but when I called a CSR to find out my order status, they couldn't find it in their system.
That is just completely *nuts* and makes me wonder why I bother ordering from them. You can log in and see your orders but they can't? I used the code also and anxiously await the outcome... (Also FWIW, if they are going to "test" live codes, they shouldn't reuse old ones that had been previously distributed to hundreds of thousands of people... lol)
Old 06-11-09, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm guessing they probably won't honor these orders judging by the still processing message
Old 06-11-09, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Old 06-11-09, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Pizza
It's hardly unexpected.

You know what's actually unexpected and related to your popcorn? The tip of my tongue stings whenever somebody pops microwave popcorn. There's GOT to be something horrible in that stuff.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.