DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Big Lots Part 4

Nope, only seen the 99 versions.
Old 07-06-09, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Head for Coon Rapids if you're in the Twin Cities and looking for the TV stuff. Tons of everything, although I think I got the last Roots 30th Anniversary Edition and NFL Films: Inside the Vault Vol 1-3. I also picked up Dallas S-4 & S-5, which leaves me short only S-1, S-2 and S-8 to complete the show's run.

They had two completely filled tables, along with a cardboard box holding the overflow underneath. The display is up against the counter right between the two checkout lanes.

Brooklyn Center is 12-deep in the History of Rock & Roll and S-6 of Dukes of Hazzard along with a few LA Lakers NBA Dynasty sets, but that's about it.

Didn't get to St. Louis Park.
Old 07-06-09, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by DeepSleep
Picked up the following:

Joey season 1
ER season 3
Dallas season 9

I now have all the Dallas seasons from season 1 through 9. Thank you Biglots!!!!
C'mon Big Lots! Send some of that Dallas love my way! :'(
Old 07-06-09, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by NCC1701E
C'mon Big Lots! Send some of that Dallas love my way! :'(
I 2nd that!!!
Old 07-06-09, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

I've seen the restored edition of Living Daylights, but the older editions of all other Bond films.

Personally, I wouldn't even take the old Bond DVDs for $1 a piece. The difference between these and the recent releases is night and day.
Old 07-06-09, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Finally my Big Lots had The History of Rock 'N' Roll for $6 also picked up Nightmares and Dreamscapes for $6 and Thats Entertainment $3.

The cashier asked me how my DVD collection was going so its obvious I am down there a lot ! She told me they get a shipment in every Wednesday but they don't know what's on the truck. The problem with that is I went yesterday and there was nothing new out and today all these box sets?
So if the Truck pulls up on Wednesday that doesn't mean they will put the stock out right away.

Other boxes I saw Pinky and the Brain vol. 2 , Joey, Roots TNG, Dukes of Hazzard season 6, West Wing season 2 and LA Lakers NBA Dynasty sets... who is going to buy these in Boston ?????
All these were at least 10 or more sets each.
Old 07-06-09, 02:39 PM

Went today and found

Nip-Tuck S4 (blu-ray)
West wing S2
The OC S2
the almaniacs V1 and V2
A knights tale/First knight double back (mispriced for 2$)

Also saw basically every season of dallas, lots of friends and dukes of hazzard.
Old 07-06-09, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I went to the Big Lots near North Shore (Houston) and picked up Joey S1, Nip/Tuck S4, The History of Rock n Roll, and Dallas Seasons 1-6.
Old 07-06-09, 03:19 PM
Tap

There are 5 Big Lots near me (central NJ), and one finally received a shipment of the box sets everyone's been talking about. Selection was limited. I snagged the last Roots, and there were tons of Nightmares & Dreamscapes (Stephen King), the OC S2, Super Friends S2 and the Lakers Complete History. But that's all.
Old 07-06-09, 03:24 PM

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-exchang...thread-11.html

Everyone don't forget about the unofficial trade thread if you can't find something or are willing to help those of us that can't find something(hint, hint).
Old 07-06-09, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The cashier I spoke with was also surprised when I told her that there is online chatter about these Big Lots DVD sales.
Old 07-06-09, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Drake
The cashier I spoke with was also surprised when I told her that there is online chatter about these Big Lots DVD sales.
Hopefully this new found awareness doesn't snowball and result in raised prices.
Old 07-06-09, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dino88
Hopefully this new found awareness doesn't snowball and result in raised prices.
I'm pretty sure we're the only schmucks talking about them.

I've talked to others about the sales to be had at Big Lots and they look at me like I'm retarded.
Old 07-06-09, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
I'm pretty sure we're the only schmucks talking about them.

I've talked to others about the sales to be had at Big Lots and they look at me like I'm retarded.
Speaking of retarded, I just found out last week that I live 5 minutes from a Big Lots. I've been dismissing this thread for a long time, because I had never heard of the store.
Old 07-06-09, 05:22 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was at a WM looking through the current $3 display (which didn't even have a price posted) and mentioned to a couple of other shoppers that the DVDs were only $3. I also told them about BL having a good selection of $3 DVDs regularly. They seemed appreciative. Hopefully they'll go buy a bunch so I'll have fewer to look through, and also maybe the store will bring out whatever it has in the stock room. My display at BL has been overflowing recently. None of the TV boxsets have shown up at either my store here in Thomasville. GA or the store in Tallahssee, FL. I was hoping to spot a copy of Quick Change at one of the stores but no luck so far.
Old 07-06-09, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Kind of off-topic, but I noticed someone saying that Wonder Woman trades for $25.50 at FYE and I was wondering, is there is a specific website I can use to check trade-in values.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by PopcornBandit; 07-06-09 at 05:40 PM.
Old 07-06-09, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

My closest BL finally got a shipment of Dallas seasons put out. Although, it looked like I was a "little" late in finding it, looked to be picked over a little.

Picked up all but S4 & S8 of Dallas. Even noticed that the S1/S2 Dallas was released in 2 "flavors" - slim-pks & multi-keepcases bundled up.

They also got in ER, Friends, Blade, Drew Carey Show, Animaniacs v2, Roots, and Roots: Next Gen.. Weren't too many copies of each season/show to pick from - maybe 2-3 of each.
Old 07-06-09, 06:03 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Picked up a couple more Nightmares & Dreamscapes and SuperBowls if anyone needs them. Check my signature for link to trade list (both Big Lots and non-)
Old 07-06-09, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn I've never seen any of these TV sets at the nearest Big Lots. I'll have to go back again.
Old 07-06-09, 06:16 PM

Kind of off-topic, but I noticed someone saying that Wonder Woman trades for $25.50 at FYE and I was wondering, is there is a specific website I can use to check trade-in values.
Please make sure to trade in all the hard titles that people are looking for so the trade-in store can charge quadruple for it. I love going to my local shop and seeing stuff that was $3 and $6 now marked up to $20+. I'd really rather spend that extra money.
Old 07-06-09, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by moklerman
Please make sure to trade in all the hard titles that people are looking for so the trade-in store can charge quadruple for it. I love going to my local shop and seeing stuff that was $3 and $6 now marked up to $20+. I'd really rather spend that extra money.
Actually,there are none of the hard to find titles anywhere around here. I was referring to the sets that my local stores have 5+ of, and I was only going to buy one to trade. I wasn't going to buy up all the copies. Smartass.

Last edited by PopcornBandit; 07-06-09 at 06:33 PM.
Old 07-06-09, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I believe SecondSpin has, or can, refuse and ban people they suspect of buying items for the sole purpose of reselling to them.
Old 07-06-09, 06:53 PM

Actually,there are none of the hard to find titles anywhere around here. I was referring to the sets that my local stores have 5+ of, and I was only going to buy one to trade. I wasn't going to buy up all the copies. Smartass.
Sarcasm is my only weapon. I have to deal with so many scalpers in my area it makes me want to scream. Baseball cards, comics, toys, anything collectible in any way is bought, horded and marked up 3X or more. Karma. Karma. Karma. Serenity now.
Old 07-06-09, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wish the two Big Lots near me had more of a selection of the $6 box sets. Both have plenty of the $3 movies, and I picked up a handful of those, but the one closest has absolutely none of the $6 sets. The next closest one, which is a half hour away, had a few of them (Animaniacs, Super Friends), but no History of Rock N Roll, Wonder Woman or other sets I'd really like to pick up. All luck of the draw, I guess.
Old 07-06-09, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

One of my 2 Local stores finally put theirs out... and I scored Legendary Superpowers Colletion... Now I just need to find Smallville S6 Blu and OC S3.....Anyway, this is what they had (that I can remember)....

Blade Complete Series
Justice League 3 pack
Scooby Doo 3 Pack - Original Mysteries, Spookiest Stories, Creepiest Capers
Scooby Doo 5 Pack - 5 Original Movies (2000s)
Dallas all Seasons but 8 and two versions of S1/S2
Dukes S4 S5 S6
Nightmares & Dreamscapes
West Wing S2
Friends S3 S5 S6 S7 S9
ER various
Pinky Brain V1 V2
Animaniacs V1
Thundercats Individual Discs (also $6 each... hmmm?)
Drew Carey Show S1
Various 2packs of Scooby Doo...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.