Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Big Lots Part 4

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-09, 11:04 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Re: Big Lots Part 4

Oh, and for those that want to laugh at our little reseller, guess who found his eBay account? This guy! Not hard to check his previous posts and track down his location: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/7889334-post51.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pinky-and-The-Br...3%3A1|294%3A50

With a whole 6 feedback...well, good luck! I think I have a few eBay accounts where I can place some bids, win, and leave negative feedback right away

Last edited by Gizmo; 06-30-09 at 11:06 PM.
Old 06-30-09, 11:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by B5Erik
Damn, I just opened my Roots set and it's got two disc 1's and no disc 3! CRAP!!!
That sucks man. Someone else in this thread had a similar thing happen with a Roots set. They took it back and exchanged for a complete one. Hope your store has more.

And it would make me think twice about reselling ...
Old 06-30-09, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Oh, and for those that want to laugh at our little reseller, guess who found his eBay account? This guy! Not hard to check his previous posts and track down his location: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/7889334-post51.html

With a whole 6 feedback...well, good luck! I think I have a few eBay accounts where I can place some bids, win, and leave negative feedback right away
You sir, are my hero. lol
Old 06-30-09, 11:12 PM

And as you can see from my feedback #, it's not like I make a living from doing this or nothing. Geez, cut a guy some slack.
Old 06-30-09, 11:13 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by SimpsonsFan
You sir, are my hero. lol
I look forward to Twilight Zone S1's popping up from you. I can't wait to total up the sale price of each set, eBay fees, Paypal fees and then we can all sit back and see how much "profit" you make (what's your tax % for KY?). I never have a problem with someone buying an extra 1, hell 2 sets to resell for a small "profit" (i.e. pay for the one you just bought for yourself) but cleaning out the store is pretty scummy. How many Beanie Babies do you have? Hot Wheels?
Old 06-30-09, 11:16 PM

And as you can see from my feedback #, it's not like I make a living from doing this or nothing. Geez, cut a guy some slack.
correct me if I am wrong, but. I believe this forum is intended for dvd collectors, not those trying make quick easy money
Old 06-30-09, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Over/under on what they sell for? The Pinky and the Brain completed listings sold for between $8-15 shipped. The Animaniacs ranged from $13 to about $20 shipped. And that was before random people tried reselling them.

Amazon is already down to less than what Big Lots is selling for Pinky and the Brain, Vol. 2.

No idea what ebay fees are but I can't imagine there is profit in that short of selling hundreds of them and dedicating second job type hours.

Last edited by abintra; 06-30-09 at 11:20 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-30-09, 11:18 PM

I look forward to Twilight Zone S1's popping up from you. I can't wait to total up the sale price of each set, eBay fees, Paypal fees and then we can all sit back and see how much "profit" you make (what's your tax % for KY?). I never have a problem with someone buying an extra 1, hell 2 sets to resell for a small "profit" (i.e. pay for the one you just bought for yourself) but cleaning out the store is pretty scummy. How many Beanie Babies do you have? Hot Wheels?
FYI, I am acctually keeping only one of the TZ's. Seen multiple posts of guys saying "GOT 2!".
Old 06-30-09, 11:21 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by abintra
Over/under on what they sell for? The Pinky and the Brain completed listings sold for between $8-15 shipped. The Animaniacs ranged from $13 to about $20 shipped. And that was before random people tried reselling them.

Amazon is already down to less than what Big Lots is selling for Pinky and the Brain, Vol. 2.

No idea what ebay fees are but I can't imagine there is profit in that short of selling hundreds of them and dedicating second job type hours.
Yep, prices on Amazon are low for all those sets. Nice. Hope SimpsonFan kept his receipt.
Old 06-30-09, 11:22 PM

It truly is mind boggling though, the sour treatment from you peeps. Especially considering how many others are no doubt guilty of the same actions. And no, i didn't "literally" clean out the store, but I did buy quite a few.
Old 06-30-09, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, but some of us only buy 2 or 3, not the whole damn stock.
Old 06-30-09, 11:25 PM

It truly is mind boggling though, the sour treatment from you peeps. Especially considering how many others are no doubt guilty of the same actions. And no, i didn't "literally" clean out the store, but I did buy quite a few.
that you will no doubt sell to your fellow forum members for actual price plus actual shipping, lol
Old 06-30-09, 11:25 PM
Suspended

The store was actually closing this evening (it was around 8:50 when I visited), so I really didn't see everything. But I did purchase ALL of their animaniacs/pinky&brain stock. About $120 worth. I will be going back tomorrow to get all the Scooby doo movie sets, now that I see they go for $50+ on ebay
$6 x 20 = $120

So you bought about 7 sets of each.
Old 06-30-09, 11:29 PM

$6 x 20 = $120

So you bought about 7 sets of each.
this is why some of us hunt from big lots to big lots looking for a title we want and find nothing. there is yiddish term for such folks called "chazzah" which litterally translates to "pig"

Last edited by jgorow; 06-30-09 at 11:32 PM.
Old 06-30-09, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by jgorow
this is why some of us hunt from big lots to big lots looking for a title we want and find nothing
I assure you, in my little town, they would sit on shelves for months.
Old 06-30-09, 11:31 PM
Suspended

this is why some of us hunt from big lots to big lots looking for a title we want and find nothing
Yeah, and I'm gonna buy 30 copies of Broken Flowers!!!!! So HA!

Actually, I hope to nab Smallville and Nip/Tuck on Blu when I visit this weekend. I never have good luck though as the movies typically lean towards the demographic of where the store is located. But, like every Friday, I'll get my Papa Johns, walk next door and get a couple Mexican Cokes and search the shelves of Big Lots while the pizza is being cooked.
Old 06-30-09, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

ha ha, surely you can come up with a better defense than that...
Old 06-30-09, 11:33 PM
Suspended

And they will likely sit on your shelves, unsold, for months. There is a reason why Big Lots get these titles, and its because all the other wholesalers already bought the other overstock.
Old 06-30-09, 11:36 PM

not to change the subject...but I did also see james bond movies, Excorcist 3, and Casablanca at the Hazard, Ky location.
Old 06-30-09, 11:38 PM

not to change the subject...but I did also see james bond movies, Excorcist 3, and Casablanca at the Hazard, Ky location.
and he didnt buy up every copy of every james bond movie, wow, shocked
Old 06-30-09, 11:41 PM

and he didnt buy up every copy of every james bond movie, wow, shocked
umm...do they have high resell value?
Old 06-30-09, 11:44 PM

umm...do they have high resell value?
I said my piece, I am done with this, surely karma takes care of such things
Old 06-30-09, 11:46 PM

I said my piece, I am done with this, surely karma takes care of such things
was kidding
Old 06-30-09, 11:51 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

Usually when these sets hit Big Lots, the price on them crashes for quite awhile. Because the same sets are offered to other sellers on amazon and ebay and to other discounter stores. Look whats already happened to Dallas, Wonder Woman and others
Old 06-30-09, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by g
Usually when these sets hit Big Lots, the price on them crashes for quite awhile. Because the same sets are offered to other sellers on amazon and ebay and to other discounter stores. Look whats already happened to Dallas, Wonder Woman and others
The dallas sets are selling 3x the price new on amazon marketplace, and 5x from amazon.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.