Old 08-27-14, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Wal-Mart Bargains Thread #2

spotted 2-pack of Beverly Hillbillies S2/S3 for 14.96
Old 08-29-14, 02:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's the one where the mice are captured by this very politically incorrect white guy dressed as a more sinister Fu Manchu, "We are going to have most entertaining experiments" be Vigoda appears demanding that the mice be set free.
Old 08-29-14, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 229 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by janvi
It's the one where the mice are captured by this very politically incorrect white guy dressed as a more sinister Fu Manchu, "We are going to have most entertaining experiments" be Vigoda appears demanding that the mice be set free.
Old 08-31-14, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
spotted 2-pack of Beverly Hillbillies S2/S3 for 14.96
Thanks for pointing this out--snagged it today!
Old 10-21-14, 02:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I picked up CatDog: The Complete Series for $19.96 as well as Moonlight for $9.96 last week. Some stores also have a lot of Halloween DVDs on display - many for $5. I picked up The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer and the Crow triple feature for $5 a piece last week as well as Shocker, Ring Two, The Haunting, and an American Horror Stories 12 movie set on previous trips. I also bought The Frozen and War of the Dead for $7.50 a piece this month.
Old 10-21-14, 01:05 PM

I found A HAUNTING: THE TELEVISION SERIES, a 9-disc compilation of the first six seasons of the show, for $19.96 at my local Walmart.

Here's a link to the set on Walmart.com: http://www.walmart.com/ip/38456777#Movie+Description

It appears as if TMG has re-authored the discs, putting 6 episodes on each disc (or about five hours of programming per disc). I haven't cracked open the set yet to watch it, but I hope to in the next day or two. I also hope to compare the quality of the episodes to those in the stand-alone seasons.

If anyone's beat me to a comparison, please chime in and let us know how they stack up against each other.
Old 10-22-14, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by E_v_i_l
I picked up CatDog: The Complete Series for $19.96 as well as Moonlight for $9.96 last week. Some stores also have a lot of Halloween DVDs on display - many for $5. I picked up The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer and the Crow triple feature for $5 a piece last week as well as Shocker, Ring Two, The Haunting, and an American Horror Stories 12 movie set on previous trips. I also bought The Frozen and War of the Dead for $7.50 a piece this month.
At mine there is a endcap that includes double features of Freddy and Jason movies for 4.96 also some 4 movie sets for 9.96 aside from a few new ones on the shelves and in the bins, I am not seeing as many dvd displays like they had in the past for Halloween it seems like every year the number of movies they get in for Halloween keep getting smaller and smaller and put out later and later during the month. Also some they had for $4 last year are $5 this time around

On the flip side I found The 10th Kingdom (2000) in the 5 dollar bin it was the Mill Creek release that is 7 hr 27 min I read that this version is how it originally aired with the original opening credits The disc themselves are stacked
Old 10-23-14, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by rbrown498
I found A HAUNTING: THE TELEVISION SERIES, a 9-disc compilation of the first six seasons of the show, for $19.96 at my local Walmart.

Here's a link to the set on Walmart.com: http://www.walmart.com/ip/38456777#Movie+Description

It appears as if TMG has re-authored the discs, putting 6 episodes on each disc (or about five hours of programming per disc). I haven't cracked open the set yet to watch it, but I hope to in the next day or two. I also hope to compare the quality of the episodes to those in the stand-alone seasons.

If anyone's beat me to a comparison, please chime in and let us know how they stack up against each other.
Is this the entire 6 seasons or just a "best of".. I guess the word "compilation" is making me ask.
Old 10-23-14, 09:35 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

On the flip side I found The 10th Kingdom (2000) in the 5 dollar bin it was the Mill Creek release that is 7 hr 27 min I read that this version is how it originally aired with the original opening credits The disc themselves are stacked.
I'm glad I bought mine when I did, the 2000 Hallmark Home Entertainment release. The downside is I'm missing the insert. It's on my list when I hit the local swap meet (among others).
Old 10-23-14, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
Is this the entire 6 seasons or just a "best of".. I guess the word "compilation" is making me ask.
It contains all 53 episodes of the first six seasons. It does NOT, however, feature either of the two pilot movies, A Haunting in Georgia and A Haunting in Connecticut. I still haven't gotten around to comparing this new release with the earlier releases; I hope that'll happen in the next day or two.
Old 10-24-14, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by rbrown498

With 5 hours per disc, imo the important ? is dvd9 or dvd5? If they're 5's the picture quality is going to be pretty bad.
Old 10-25-14, 12:23 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I saw some of the former Disney exclusives with different cover art for $9.96 each. They had "only at Wal-mart" stickers on them.

They had TaleSpin Vol. 3, Gargoyles Season 2 Vol. 2, DuckTales The Movie
Old 10-25-14, 01:10 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by Texan26
DuckTales The Movie
Woo-oo!
Old 10-25-14, 01:39 PM

Now that DuckTales The Movie is out is there anything else in the series that needs to be released, or does that complete it?
Old 10-25-14, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
With 5 hours per disc, imo the important ? is dvd9 or dvd5? If they're 5's the picture quality is going to be pretty bad.
They are indeed DVD9s.

I finally got around to a quick comparison between a few Season 1 episodes from the original release and this one. Generally speaking, the original release allocated about 1.5GB per 50-minute episode; this release allocates about 1.3GB per episode. I really couldn't tell much difference between the two encodes, except that on the new release, the episodes looked somewhat darker than on the original release. It's not enough to detract from the viewing experience, but it was noticeable. I also noticed on one episode in the new release that the audio seemed a bit over-modulated, but again, it wasn't bad enough to make it unlistenable--and it may have gotten better as the episode went on; I only checked the first few minutes of a few episodes.

If you don't already own any of the previously-released seasons (or if you only own one or two), this is a good buy. There's no quality uptick, though, so I would recommend it only if you don't already own any (or many) of the original releases. I, for example, would probably have been just as well off to have purchased the two seasons that I'm missing.

If you've never seen the show, $20 isn't a lot to pay for 44 hours of spooky "true" haunting re-enactments.
Old 10-25-14, 06:50 PM

They have some TV Guide presents classic tv seasons for 9.99. Mostly season 1s of shows like The Bob Newhart Show, Munsters, Brady Bunch, I Love Lucy, Rawhide, Mary Tyler Moore (Seasons 1 and 2 available separately), etc. What stood out to me was the Honeymooners Classic 39 set was one of them. They look like the normal sets with just a TV Guide cover over the front.
Old 10-26-14, 09:48 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Texan26
I saw some of the former Disney exclusives with different cover art for $9.96 each. They had "only at Wal-mart" stickers on them.

They had TaleSpin Vol. 3, Gargoyles Season 2 Vol. 2, DuckTales The Movie
They also have Goof Troop, Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 for $9.96 each. They are 3 disc sets each containing 27 episodes.
Old 10-26-14, 09:50 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Tim Taylor
Now that DuckTales The Movie is out is there anything else in the series that needs to be released, or does that complete it?
There are still about 25 episodes of Ducktales that haven't been released yet, enough to fill a Volume 4. Pretty much the entirety of the Bubba/Gizmoduck era.
Old 11-20-14, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I saw that they had the The Middle Season 1 for ...it was either $8.96 or $9.96. I don't actually remember.

There may have been a couple of other seasons priced the same.

I do distinctly remember that SEASON FOUR (3 discs) was among the selections and that is still going for $35+ on their own website and on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Middle-Sea...ef=pd_cp_mov_3

$10 for SEASON 4 "The Middle"!!!!
Old 11-20-14, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Xbox69
I saw that they had the The Middle Season 1 for ...it was either $8.96 or $9.96. I don't actually remember.

I do distinctly remember that SEASON FOUR (3 discs) was among the selections and that is still going for $35+ on their own website and on Amazon.

It's a really good show and I believe Season 5 is a MOD title and only available at WBShop.com or Amazon.com for a hefty price.
Old 11-21-14, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by Xbox69

Just went in my local store and saw a shelf tag for Season 1 & 4. Neither on stock. I'll have to keep my eye out for it, may grab season 4 for that price.
Old 11-21-14, 04:56 PM

I got the Criterion Collection DVD of **Hard Day's Night** at the ke'eaumoku St. (Honolulu) WalMart for $14.99 last week. I was astounded to see it there, of all places.
Old 12-29-14, 08:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In a standalone display by the DVD section, where they put a lot of kids movies on, I found the DVD of Horrid Henry: The Movie for $1.96 (rang up at that price, not a Black Friday leftover). It came in a green "Slime Pack" package, similar to the "Blood Pack" edition of Ichi The Killer.
Old 06-19-15, 07:54 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They were changing the DVD racks at my local Walmart this morning. They are putting the $5 DVDs on the shelves, and the $5 dumpbin is now a $3.74 dumpbin.

The only interesting title in the $3.74 DVDs was the Captain America made-for-TV movies put out by Shout! Factory.
Old 06-20-15, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by snorlaxnut
They were changing the DVD racks at my local Walmart this morning. They are putting the $5 DVDs on the shelves, and the $5 dumpbin is now a $3.74 dumpbin.

The only interesting title in the $3.74 DVDs was the Captain America made-for-TV movies put out by Shout! Factory.
Thank you for posting this! I am in Wal-Mart 3 or 4 times a week and usually always check the dumps but I will definitely be on the look out for that Captain America set. The movies were not that great, but a lot of nostalgia factor. Plus, Reb Brown!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.