Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Wal-Mart Bargains Thread #2

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-09, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Wal-Mart Bargains Thread #2

They also have SG1 Seasons 7-10 for $20 each. But has anyone spotted Season 6?
Old 08-23-09, 11:00 AM

A local WalMart around here has S1,S3,S4,S5,S6 for 14.99. I'm not sure why S2 isn't for sale, but I picked up the others. S7-S10 are 18.99 but I havn't gotten them yet. I want to complete my collection. I wish they'd put Stargate Atlantis on sale as well.
Old 08-26-09, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

I hadn't looked at the $5 bin in a good while (hadn't even been in a WM in some time). Today, I found multiple copies of The Bronx is Burning 3-disc set. I just checked and you can't find this cheaper than $20+ online. In fact, my receipt even indicated was $27.96 under the sale price. I don't think anyone else mentioned this before--apologies if so.

I also noticed a single copy of a Die-Hard/Man on Fire double feature. I wasn't interested in it, but I did wonder if it might have been placed in the $5 bin by mistake. I know some double feature DVDs have been seen there, but usually for titles a little less popular. But it might be worth a look if you don't have those two movies.
Old 08-26-09, 11:03 PM

I would really like a Bronx is Burning if someone can pick up an extra.
Old 08-27-09, 06:41 PM

Dug and dug but no Bronx is Burning at my Wal-Mart. Did see Sportscentury : Barry Bonds, 3 of them.
Old 08-27-09, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^ Chop2Chip10, I was at a different Wal-mart tonight and checked the bin but couldn't find any copies there.

Also, I previously mentioned the Die Hard/Man on Fire double feature. I saw it at this Wal-mart as part of the $9 double feature display....I'm sure it was just in the wrong place before.
Old 08-30-09, 12:08 AM

Went to Walmart tonight (damn pets and their need for food) and came across a "Double Take" in the $5 section with the original and the remake of The Amityville Horror. I figured $2.50 a movie wasn't bad and picked it up. Also grabbed Fargo.
Old 08-31-09, 09:08 AM

Bunch of 2 season sets at my Wal-mart for $20
The Big Valley Season 1 & 2
The Adams Family and Green Acres both Season 1
The Rat Patrol and Mash both Season 1
Roswell Season 1 & 2
Stargate Sg-1 and The Outer Limits both Season 1
St. Elsewhere and Hill Street Blues both Season 1
The X files Season 1 & 2
Saving Grace and Bones both Season 1
NYPD Blue and The Practice both Season 1
In Living Color Season 1 & 2
Arrested Development Season 1 & 2
The Young Riders and The Magnificent Seven both Season 1
Angel and Buffy both Season 1
True Calling and Dark Angel both Season 1
Old 09-17-09, 06:15 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Walmart now has for $13.00:

Bruce Lee Ultimate Collection (The Big Boss / Fist of Fury / Way of the Dragon / Game of Death / Game of Death II)

It's $11.49 at Amazon
Old 09-17-09, 09:14 AM

I swear that nobody is buying dvds from the $5 bin anymore.

For the past few months the bin has been overflowing. You can't even dig through it without a DVD falling out and landing on the floor.
Plus it seems to be the same titles as well. Nothing new.

I can remember years ago when the bin would be half full and very busy. And new titles appearing on a regular basis.
But no more at mine.

Perhaps the $5 price isn't much of a deal anymore.
Perhaps people are just sick and tired of digging through tons of bad titles in search of a few good ones.
I know for me it's simply not worth my time anymore to dig through it. I just glance at the top level and see if anything is new. Then I move on.

On a related note.
I have seen the Friends seasons on display for around $15 each with a slipcover referring to the 15th anniversary or something.
Old 09-17-09, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DouglasRobert
I swear that nobody is buying dvds from the $5 bin anymore.

For the past few months the bin has been overflowing. You can't even dig through it without a DVD falling out and landing on the floor.
Plus it seems to be the same titles as well. Nothing new.

I can remember years ago when the bin would be half full and very busy. And new titles appearing on a regular basis.
But no more at mine.

Perhaps the $5 price isn't much of a deal anymore.
Perhaps people are just sick and tired of digging through tons of bad titles in search of a few good ones.
I know for me it's simply not worth my time anymore to dig through it. I just glance at the top level and see if anything is new. Then I move on.

On a related note.
I have seen the Friends seasons on display for around $15 each with a slipcover referring to the 15th anniversary or something.
I looked in the bin for the first time in many months and gave up after about 2-3 minutes. Big Lots has really spoiled me. I'd rather take a chance on a movie I don't know for $3 that isn't at the bottom of a pile than spend 30 minutes looking for a needle in a haystack. Plus most of the titles in that bin are nothing special. They are one disc and very common, nothing to get excited about.
Old 09-17-09, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Most of titles in the bin around me are spanish language cheapies, sucks.
Old 09-17-09, 02:30 PM

I would buy more from the $5 bin if they would put more in, every time I look through it there is the same titles I have seen for months.
Old 09-17-09, 06:42 PM
Banned

I actually miss the bargain bin @ Walmart. All the stores nearby have done away with it, now they just have a end cap full of $5 junk. At least with the bin, you'll never know what you might find. I remember being on a hunt for a few movies and just happen to stumble on them in the bin one day, while only being one copy in there to begin with.

I may be alone on this but I kinda liked the scavenger hunt fun it was to dig in those bins.

Last edited by mike07; 09-17-09 at 06:45 PM.
Old 09-17-09, 07:10 PM

I would love to get The Bronx is Burning for 5 bucks too. I wish it was at the Wal-Marts new me.
Old 09-17-09, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by sauce07
Most of titles in the bin around me are spanish language cheapies, sucks.
You know, I would so friggin' pounce on those Santo double features if English subs were included. Maybe even a couple of El Chapulin Colorado discs for old times sake.
Old 09-17-09, 10:08 PM

I like that my wal*mart's $5 bin is a shelf.
Old 09-18-09, 02:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,732 Likes on 1,885 Posts

My nearest Wal-Mart ditched their bin for four 6' bookcases.

Unfortunately, their selection has been crap for the past year or so. It seems like 50% of it Spanish-language crap, 25% is PD crap, and the other 25% is the same weak selection of midlist Hollywood crap they've had forever. (Some good stuff in there like Jaws and Animal House, but I've already bought those for about the same price years ago.)
Old 09-18-09, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
My nearest Wal-Mart ditched their bin for four 6' bookcases.

Unfortunately, their selection has been crap for the past year or so. It seems like 50% of it Spanish-language crap, 25% is PD crap, and the other 25% is the same weak selection of midlist Hollywood crap they've had forever. (Some good stuff in there like Jaws and Animal House, but I've already bought those for about the same price years ago.)
Oh. My usually has "Van Wilder 2", "Grudge 2", "Lost in Translation FS", "Animal House", "Jaws", and some "Saw"s.

They have their own shelf of spanish speaking at mine hidden in a corner.
Old 09-18-09, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by thelonelyisland
Oh. My usually has "Van Wilder 2", "Grudge 2", "Lost in Translation FS", "Animal House", "Jaws", and some "Saw"s.

They have their own shelf of spanish speaking at mine hidden in a corner.
"van wilder 2" sucked, while the 1st one was hilarious. I have become very very leary of anything with the "national lampoon" name on it, once in awhile, they will put out a good comedy, but, they have whored out the lampoon name so badly, putting it on just about any piece of crap they can get thier hands on. one fairly recent lampoon film I thought was very funny though was "repli-kate"
Old 09-19-09, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 826 Likes on 547 Posts

I was at walmart yesterday and noticed that the two Police Academy sets were on the shelf. They are part of those four film favorites collections. According to Bestbuy, amazon and walmart.com the release date is Sept 29th at a price around 17.00. Both were 10.00 according to the tags on the shelf.
Old 09-19-09, 08:24 AM

Of the three WMs I tend to get to, 2 have axed the bins and one of those replaced it with $5 shelves. I guess I'm kinda tired of digging through the bins and never finding anything new that I want. At least with the shelves I can scan the titles in a couple of minutes--not that I'm finding that much more.
Old 09-19-09, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Toddarino
I was at walmart yesterday and noticed that the two Police Academy sets were on the shelf. They are part of those four film favorites collections. According to Bestbuy, amazon and walmart.com the release date is Sept 29th at a price around 17.00. Both were 10.00 according to the tags on the shelf.
I noticed those as well. In addition, there were a few other of the new 4-film favorites sets out. Some were marked $10, a couple of others were $13 it appeared.

I also saw a small display on the side of 4-sided wire rack that were $4 titles. These were the usual ones we've seen pop up--The Interpreter is the only title right now that I can remember.
Old 09-19-09, 01:49 PM

If anybody missed Target's sale here is your chance to to grab last 2 seasons of Alias. Alias Season 4 & 5 are $12.86 + tax on walmart.com . Do site-to-store and you don't have to pay for shipping.Here is the link
Old 09-19-09, 06:26 PM

Picked up the 2-disc Clerks II from the $5 shelf. I also grabbed the combo pack with the first two volumes of American Dad for $19.96 while there. I don't love it, but I like it sometimes and the price was right.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.