Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Wal-Mart Bargains Thread #2

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-12, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts
Re: Wal-Mart Bargains Thread #2

It's been over a year (or two?) since the store here had any copies of Blade: The Series. You *might* get lucky and find one but it would probably have to be from a store that does not move DVDs at all.
Old 03-18-12, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kd5
I picked up Blade: The Complete Series at BigLots for $5 last summer. If you have multiple BigLots in your area you may yet be able to find it for that.
I haven't seen Blade the series at BL since I bought mine for $6 (I don't know how you got $5) when they first went on sale in July '09. I actually liked the series (having Jill in it helped) and I was disappointed it was canceled, but I'm used to series I like getting canceled (Sarah Connor Chronicles being another one). I've already forgotten all the characters' names (except Blade) but I liked it when his Asian assistant was trying to catch the eyeball off the floor in the finale.

I'd be amazed if any of those Blade series are still left at BLs. Everything has been so picked over and all that's left is cra... I mean not so good stuff.

Witchblade shows $21.49 instead of $13 at Amazon now. I don't know anything about it, but I put it on my "watch" list and might pick it up if it goes under $10.
Old 03-18-12, 06:00 PM

Went to two of the local Wal-Marts today. First one had nada, but I struck gold at the second one and found multiple copies of all of the Lions Gate collections. Picked up the six-film horror collection that included Parents and Earth Girls are Easy, and picked up the eight-film collection that included Chud II and Waxwork. They also had the other horror collection that included the Re-Animator and Living Dead films, and the Action pack that had Blown Away (with Corey Haim), Turbulence 2 and 3, Death Wish V, The Hard Word (w/ Guy Pearce), and several other titles that escape me right now.
I also picked up from the $5 bin the unrated edition of Never Back Down 2: The Beatdown (Wow, that didn't take long to make it in there) and an Echo Bridge three-film collection that had Don't Be a Menace to South Central, Get Over It, and Outside Providence. All in all, a good haul.
Old 03-18-12, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Manzana
Witchblade shows $21.49 instead of $13 at Amazon now. I don't know anything about it, but I put it on my "watch" list and might pick it up if it goes under $10.
It;s 13.75 at WBShop.com now, but was 10 bucks for most of Nov, Dec and Jan. -- so it may get there again.
Old 03-18-12, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I finally pick up keepcase of The Client (1994) DVD from Walmart for $5 from the rack and also saw South Park: Bigger, Longer & Cut now for $5 at bin and wanna to pick up but I'm pass due bad keepcase and floater in the bin (wish they putting rack) and will wait til next stop.
Old 03-18-12, 11:43 PM

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

I haven't seen Blade the series at BL since I bought mine for $6 (I don't know how you got $5) when they first went on sale in July '09.
According to my notes, I also purchased it for $5 from Big Lots last April. Probably just a different shipment.
Old 03-19-12, 12:05 PM

Hunt is over. Found both the ghoulies and blood diner pack. For those in the chicagoland area, the walmart in bedford park had one more of the 6-packs with blood diner. I wouldn't doubt there is another ghoulies/chud/unholy there too. Since they tend to be the go to place for stuff that is hard to find.
Old 03-19-12, 01:30 PM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts

I haven't seen Blade the series at BL since I bought mine for $6 (I don't know how you got $5) when they first went on sale in July '09. I actually liked the series (having Jill in it helped) and I was disappointed it was canceled, but I'm used to series I like getting canceled (Sarah Connor Chronicles being another one). I've already forgotten all the characters' names (except Blade) but I liked it when his Asian assistant was trying to catch the eyeball off the floor in the finale.

I'd be amazed if any of those Blade series are still left at BLs. Everything has been so picked over and all that's left is cra... I mean not so good stuff.

Blade: The Complete Series was $5 at every BigLots in my area (that had copies of it), picked mine up at the Hartville, Ohio BigLots last summer.

Witchblade is $13 at WalMart, don't think I've ever seen it for that at Amazon. -kd5-
Old 03-19-12, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Texan26
I also found a $5 Lionsgate Horror 6 pack. It has Blood Diner, Parents, Earth Girls are Easy, Sundown, Fido, and Boy Eats Girl.
As far as I know, this would be the first R1 release of Blood Diner. The flick is an old favorite of mine - caught it as a midnight show at the Music Box Theater back in the 80's and would love to get a nice, clean DVD copy. Will definitely be checking out the Walmart tonight.
Old 03-19-12, 02:46 PM
Cool New Member

Found the Horrorfest III pack but have already watched half the movies so put it back. They had other Lionsgate/Echo Bridge Horror/Action packs with 10 (for 10) and 20 (for 13.95). Can't remember all the titles however I know they were sequels like Children of the Corn 3, Hellraiser 3, Dracula lll- mixed with non sequels like Cruel World, The Nurse... -It annoys me that they do that. Had they been sets with ALL sequels in order I would've bought it. Hate it that one set hasd one sequel, another set has another one, etc, etc.

Went hoping to find the set with Blood Diner and of course did not :-(
Old 03-19-12, 03:05 PM

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

Went to three Wal-Marts over the weekend and couldn't find any of the Chud II or Blood Diner packs. If they were in the bins, they were buried so far down it was near impossible to find them.

On the plus side, one location FINALLY put out the $7.88 blu-ray bin and I snagged the last copy of Blue Valentine. Considering the track record the stores in my area, these Lionsgate sets should start popping up around June.
Old 03-22-12, 02:12 PM

I have been to 5 different Wal-mart stores and I managed to find four Lionsgate sets:

Action Vol 1 - The Base, The Base 2, The Punisher, Hidden Agenda, Detention, Extreme Justice, On the Border, Diplomatic Siege

After Dark Horrorfest Vol III - Autopsy, The Broken, Slaughter, The Butterfly Effect 3, Perkins 14, Dying Breed, From Within, Voices

Comedy Vol 1 - You Can't Hurry Love, My Chauffeur, From the Hip, Shanghai Surprise, Touch and Go, Date with an Angel, All of Me, Weekend Pass

Horror Vol 4 - Bloody Murder, Bloody Murder 2, Junior, Severed, Children of the Living Dead, Creepy Crawlers, Deadly Species, Carnivore

The amounts that the stores have vary drastically, 1 Walmart I went to had all four of the above sets (10 or more of each copy) other Walmarts had 1 or 2 of the above (but only 1 or 2 of each) and one Walmart I went to had none of the sets

Hopefully within a few weeks the other sets will start appearing
Old 03-22-12, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by zhorrorfan
Found the Horrorfest III pack but have already watched half the movies so put it back. They had other Lionsgate/Echo Bridge Horror/Action packs with 10 (for 10) and 20 (for 13.95). Can't remember all the titles however I know they were sequels like Children of the Corn 3, Hellraiser 3, Dracula lll- mixed with non sequels like Cruel World, The Nurse... -It annoys me that they do that. Had they been sets with ALL sequels in order I would've bought it. Hate it that one set hasd one sequel, another set has another one, etc, etc.

Went hoping to find the set with Blood Diner and of course did not :-(
There are several horror sequel collections that Miramax just released:

Hellraiser 6 Film Set: which includes Hellraiser 3 through 8 (1 & 2 are owned by Anchor Bay)

Prophecy 5 Film Set: which includes all 5 Prophecy films

Children of the Corn 6 Film Set: this includes films 2 through 7 (the original is owned by another company)

From Dusk Till Dawn 4 film set: includes all three films plus Texas Blood Money I believe

These are all priced at $5.00 and I found them all at Kmart stores in my area
Old 03-22-12, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was lucky enough to find the Blood Diner and CHUD II collections sitting on top of the bin at the second WalMart I hit. Also grabbed a double feature of Lone Wolf McQuade/Code of Silence and a Hulk tv-movie twofer featuring the one, true Daredevil, Rex Smith.

Watched Blood Diner and the print was excellent. I wanna say there was some editing on an early scene in the cemetery, but that may just be my faulty memory. I do have an avi rip of the German DVD on my hard drive, so I'll get around to a comparison.

The Blood Diner pack has some great 80's cheese - Earth Girls Are Easy, Parents, and Sundown: The Vampire in Retreat. I watched a few moments of Sundown and I wanna say it looked a little tight, but I don't have the stand-alone release to compare it to. None of the films have any extras, which is to be expected. Still, for 5 bucks this is a great collection.

The rest of my finds remain sealed. I don't know if I'll hang on the CHUD II collection; I wish it and Waxwork had been on the other set instead, as they are the only two I'm really interested in.
Old 03-23-12, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't follow this thread much so sorry if it's already been posted:

I was at WM tonite, and saw an endcap that really excited me. A ton of WWE dvds, dirt cheap!

These are two packs priced at $10.00. Most of them had contained a wrestlemania released packaged with a PPV dvd.

I snagged the following:

WM 21/John Cena Word Life
WWE Highest Flyers/ The Bash 2009
WM 25 3 disc/Backlash 2009
WM XIX/Brock Lesnar
WWE Saturday Night Main/Shawn Michaels My Journey

They had a ton of other releases including Rise and Fall of WCW and DX. Pretty much every WM release in the last 10 years.

Five bucks each is a sweet deal!
Old 03-23-12, 08:04 PM
Cool New Member

Checked out three Walmarts in Columbus and managed to find almost everything that's been listed lately...except the Chopping Mall and Blood Diner sets. I'm happy with my After Dark III collection, but I'm still really hoping to find those others. Some of my favorite cheesy movies in those sets.
Old 03-24-12, 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by Preterite
The Blood Diner pack has some great 80's cheese - Earth Girls Are Easy, Parents, and Sundown: The Vampire in Retreat. I watched a few moments of Sundown and I wanna say it looked a little tight, but I don't have the stand-alone release to compare it to. None of the films have any extras, which is to be expected. Still, for 5 bucks this is a great collection.

Yep it's really tight. The standalone release was indeed widescreen. So lionsgate decision here really makes no sense. I thought it was really weird since the lionsgate logo and intro to the movie are even cropped. Oh well I guess.
Old 03-25-12, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Scooby-Doo! Where Are You: The Complete First and Second Seasons $20
Old 03-25-12, 02:53 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts

Got that for $6 at Big Lots Also see they no longer have the clear outer sleeve, it's just generic cardboard now.
Old 03-26-12, 09:38 AM

I have now been to 6 different Walmarts and still have not found the CHUD 2 and Blood Diner packs or the Living Dead and Blown Away Action sets

I have been to:

Lancaster, OH
Canal Winchester, OH
Reynoldsburg, OH
Heath, OH
Newark, OH
Zanesville, OH

There are still several more nearby to check, but with gas prices so high I don't feel like driving an hour away to search for these, but I'm still undecided.
Old 03-26-12, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't know if this has been mentioned but I found it with the Blood Diner and Chud 2 sets...

Old 03-26-12, 03:56 PM

had a display of 4.00 DVDs. Pretty much crap except for Steve Martin comedy collection with the Jerk/Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid/Lonely Guy
Old 03-29-12, 01:23 PM
Cool New Member

My haul from my 1 Super Walmart in Moreno Valley,Ca

Horror Collection 1 6 Pack - The one with all the Reanimators and RoTLD
Horror Collection 2 6 Pack - The CHUD 2, Chopping Mall, Waxwork one
Horror Coll 3 6 Pack - Blood Diner, Fido, Parents one
Horror Collection 4 8 Pack - Bloody Murder 1 and 2, Junior, Severed, Children of the Living Dead, Creepy Crawlers, Deadly Species and Carnivore
After Dark Horrorfest 3 8 Pack
Midnight Horror Collection 3 Pack of Killjoy 1, 2 and 3

and a few of the Masters of Terror Sets
Old 03-29-12, 06:27 PM

Not much at the WM I stopped at today, but spotted and got a Dragon Dynasty twofer $5 (Golden Swallow, Killer Clans).
Old 03-29-12, 07:00 PM

My local WM (Fall River, Mass.) had a few different titles in the $5 bin I don't remember seeing before.Scanned them to make sure...

Hood of Horror (Snoop Dogg)
Hurricane in the Rose Garden
Kitchen Privileges
Primeval
The Prophecy Collection (5 film set)
Robin Hood (Patrick Bergin)
Touching Home
TV The Movie (National Lampoon)
Valentine's Day
Urban Action Cinema (15 movies)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.