Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 07-01-09, 03:21 PM   #76
b2net
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Wal-Mart Bargains Thread #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by undrwrldangel24 View Post
Are the Tru Calling/Dark Angel sets in the original packaging or the new keepcase packaging?
I believe it was original packaging (or close) and the two sets are shrink wrapped together with a Cardboard cover stuck to it (with the "double" images as shown in the pictures).
Old 07-01-09, 03:51 PM   #77
moviewizguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowmaker View Post
Is that a yes?
Old 07-01-09, 03:53 PM   #78
moviewizguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenbenobi View Post
IMO, it is one of the top 5 best drama series EVER! If you like Fringe, you'll positively like X-Files. If you hate Fringe, I dunno. I'm not saying the series are similar, but close enough so that the fan base is likely the same... If you haven't watched Fringe either, then I don't know what to say...
I watch Fringe and I like some of it, I guess, like how the beginning of the show always start off with a bang and the remaining part of the show trying to figure out the mystery, but I've heard of good things about the show.
Old 07-01-09, 05:01 PM   #79
OldBoy
Inane Thread Master

Breakdown

would anybody be willing to pick this up for me if they see it and ship to me for about $5.00 or so? please pm if you can help out. thanks in advance.
Old 07-01-09, 06:11 PM   #80
Boba Fett
DVD Talk Reviewer

Wood Village, OR Wal-Mart has a 5 for $15 rack. I grabbed a copy of "Flags of our Fathers: 2 Disc" and that was it. Mostly crap on there except for Flags, There Will Be Blood and 48 Hours.
Old 07-01-09, 06:12 PM   #81
MrSmearkase
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Saw the display too, but not a lot that caught my eye. Picked up Breakdown, since it has been a while since I've seen it.
Old 07-01-09, 09:08 PM   #82
OldBoy
Inane Thread Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmearkase View Post
Saw the display too, but not a lot that caught my eye. Picked up Breakdown, since it has been a while since I've seen it.
can ya get me one?
Old 07-03-09, 12:13 AM   #83
dino88
DVD Talk Limited Edition

A big THANK YOU to b2net! I found both Babel and Flags 2-discers (both were the last or only copies) along with Summer School: SE. I definitely wouldn't have gotten these without your post. Thanks man.
Old 07-03-09, 12:24 PM   #84
b2net

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino88 View Post
A big THANK YOU to b2net! I found both Babel and Flags 2-discers (both were the last or only copies) along with Summer School: SE. I definitely wouldn't have gotten these without your post. Thanks man.
You are absolutely welcome.... Without this forum, I would either have paid a lot more for much of my collection or just not purchased many titles... Glad I could give back a little to my fellow DVD Talkers...
Old 07-03-09, 01:35 PM   #85
OldBoy
Inane Thread Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott1598 View Post
Breakdown

would anybody be willing to pick this up for me if they see it and ship to me for about $5.00 or so? please pm if you can help out. thanks in advance.
anyone? please...
Old 07-03-09, 04:13 PM   #86
moviewizguy

I came back and got "There Will be Blood," "Babel," and "Coach Carter." I could've gotten more but no.
Old 07-03-09, 08:57 PM   #87
Johnny Zhivago
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Found that display today and it was picked dry (other than Hot Rod) but, I dug through the $5 mess (rang up $3) and found one copy of the Babel two disc hidden in there... So, if you're looking, you may want to :shudder: dig in. That dump bin is ridiculous...Floaters and FF everywhere. I kept expecting to find used gum or dentures. Ugh.

Sorry Scott, no Breakdown or I would have picked it up for ya...

Dilauded is pure sunshine wrapped in bacon and delivered straight to your pleasure center by a naked goddess. If I could get my hands on a gallon of it, I would start a new religion. - Cosmosguy
Old 07-04-09, 12:41 AM   #88
b2net

Funny thing is that I dug in the $5 mess and kept finding new releases... split open w/o any DVDs in them... After the 3rd one taking to the employee, I suggested maybe they needed to organize that area a little better....
Old 07-04-09, 05:31 AM   #89
strangetramp

too bad i have everything from the 3 dollar movies (though there will be blood and match point are great deals). well i was interested in getting the 2 disc babel since i only have the single but they only had one and it was a floater.
Old 07-04-09, 09:28 AM   #90
OldBoy
Inane Thread Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Zhivago View Post
Found that display today and it was picked dry (other than Hot Rod) but, I dug through the $5 mess (rang up $3) and found one copy of the Babel two disc hidden in there... So, if you're looking, you may want to :shudder: dig in. That dump bin is ridiculous...Floaters and FF everywhere. I kept expecting to find used gum or dentures. Ugh.

Sorry Scott, no Breakdown or I would have picked it up for ya...
thanks anyway Johnny!
Old 07-04-09, 09:40 AM   #91
tofu
DVD Talk Legend

Went to a Walmart in Montrose, OH.

In addition to all of those titles for $3, they had Year of the Dog, Shrek 2, Just Like Heaven, and Mission Impossible 3
Old 07-04-09, 09:41 AM   #92
moviewizguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangetramp View Post
too bad i have everything from the 3 dollar movies (though there will be blood and match point are great deals). well i was interested in getting the 2 disc babel since i only have the single but they only had one and it was a floater.
If I'm desperate getting a DVD I really wanted and there was only one DVD left in the store and it turned out to be a floater, I would take my chances because 95% of the time, the DVD usually works. I've bought some floaters before and when I open the DVD and check the discs, they are as flawless as any new DVD. I don't get why people get so worked up about them.
Old 07-04-09, 10:11 AM   #93
LostFan

At Walmart in Chesterfield, MO last night and didn't see the display. I asked and he said they were told to take it down yesterday morning. Then he and an employee had a conversation about why Walmart always has them putting out displaying taking them down and then putting them back out later on. It was kind of entertaining, but I really wanted Flags of our Father's 2 Disc, so I wasn't that entertained. I felt like asking if I could look in back, but that would have probably started another long conversation.
Old 07-04-09, 10:12 AM   #94
zekeburger1979
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviewizguy View Post
If I'm desperate getting a DVD I really wanted and there was only one DVD left in the store and it turned out to be a floater, I would take my chances because 95% of the time, the DVD usually works. I've bought some floaters before and when I open the DVD and check the discs, they are as flawless as any new DVD. I don't get why people get so worked up about them.
I had to take a chance the other day with Babel. Both copies were floaters so I grabbed the one that looked better in the case and opened it when I got home and it looked brand new.

PSN Name ZacharyTF
Old 07-04-09, 12:00 PM   #95
dino88
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangetramp View Post
Quote:
Especially since he already has the 1-disc. All Strangetramp needs is disc 2, so his chances of getting a good disc are that much higher.
Old 07-04-09, 01:26 PM   #96
Moleman1138

Picked up:

Babel 2D
Dreamgirls 2D
Blades of Glory
Christmastime in South Park
Stepford Wives (04)
A Mighty Heart

Not bad for 16.20
Old 07-04-09, 02:16 PM   #97
PixarFan1988
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I went to Wal-Mart today and the 5 for $15 rack was practically empty. All I saw was Shrek 2 (In foolscreen), some Evel Kinevel film, and Nacho Libre (Also in foolscreen).
Old 07-04-09, 04:16 PM   #98
DouglasRobert

I couldn't find Flags of our Fathers or Babel, so decided on a few other titles.

I got:
Stepford Wives (2004) WS
Summer School (Special Edition)
Jimmy Neutron: Confusion Fusion
Christmas Time in South Park

That Evel Kinevel film is actually the following:
Jackass Presents: Mat Hoffman's Tribute To Evel Knievel
Old 07-04-09, 05:10 PM   #99
strangetramp

Quote:
yeah, usually i would but i have the single disc anyway so i didn't feel like going through the possibility of having to taking it back.
Old 07-04-09, 11:50 PM   #100
2sday

Does anyone know of a way for me to price-match these $3 DVDs at Best Buy?
Sponsored Links