DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

BJ's Wholesale Club DVD Deals

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-10, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: BJ's Wholesale Club DVD Deals

Originally Posted by New Rambler
The Terminator is another freebie with coupon.
yeah, picked this one up for free today...very nice.
Old 08-14-10, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So I finally made it over to BJ's today. Thanks to all of you, I did find the coupons successfully. Sadly and shockingly I walked out of there without purchasing anything. No freebie movies, the lowest priced movie was $9.99 and nothing of interest. I really wanted The Neverending Story, but none to be found. I was severely disappointed with the selection.

I did see a few James and the Giant Peach, but I had already jumped on the deal at TRU when I realized the same complex had a brand new TRU.

I did see 12 Monkeys for $9.99 before coupon... is it worth it?
Also saw Ghost in the Shell 2.0 $9.99 before coupon as well.

I may try to see if I can make it to another BJ's before the sale is over, but pretty bummed I won't get any free deals
Old 08-14-10, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by snausages
So I finally made it over to BJ's today. Thanks to all of you, I did find the coupons successfully. Sadly and shockingly I walked out of there without purchasing anything. No freebie movies, the lowest priced movie was $9.99 and nothing of interest. I really wanted The Neverending Story, but none to be found. I was severely disappointed with the selection.

I did see a few James and the Giant Peach, but I had already jumped on the deal at TRU when I realized the same complex had a brand new TRU.

I did see 12 Monkeys for $9.99 before coupon... is it worth it?
Also saw Ghost in the Shell 2.0 $9.99 before coupon as well.

I may try to see if I can make it to another BJ's before the sale is over, but pretty bummed I won't get any free deals
Well, it's BJ's after all, so they are not going to have the world's greatest selection of movies to begin with. Fortunately mine at least does have enough decent titles to choose from.

$4.99 for 12 Monkeys (after the coupon) is a great deal, when you consider it list prices for around $24.99. (Even the DVD would likely cost you more). Hell, $5 for almost any Blu-Ray is a great deal - which is why I've picked about about a dozen movies using these coupons over the last couple of weeks. Every time I go in, I pick up another handful of fliers with each batch of discs I buy. Seems like they are restocking the fliers, too, or I'm the only one taking them, as there never appears to be any less than the last time.
Old 08-14-10, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Made another trip today. Many new Universal $9.99 titles. Picked up Pitch Black for $4.99 after coupon. Also went through again and got Walking Tall DVD/BD combo for -$0.01. Next up will be WWII in HD for $14.99 and Neverending Story for $8.99 (both prices after coupon).
Old 08-14-10, 03:06 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Cary, NC and Raleigh, NC BJ's had no flyers...luckily I still had a few leftover from the Durham store (although some I printed from the scan posted in this thread scanned at checkout too). Selection was fairly picked-over in Cary; Raleigh still had some interesting titles. Raleigh was the only store that had the DVD/Blu-Ray combos that are supposedly marked down (though the sign was taken down from last week so it was unclear if they were still $4.99 before the coupon or not).

Today's haul yielded (between the two stores):

Young Guns $2.99
The Phantom $2.99
King Kong $4.99
American Gangster $4.99
Seabiscuit $4.99
The Perfect Storm $4.99

Peter
Old 08-14-10, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Proglodite, quick question...were you able to use multiple coupons on the same transaction?

Interesting story too. I went through self checkout yesterday and I needed coupon verification as always. I accidentally put the coupon in the coupon bin too early and the computer got stuck on the coupon screen. An empployee came to help, ripped up a small piece of white paper, put it in the coupon box and all was well again!

Originally Posted by Proglodite
Cary, NC and Raleigh, NC BJ's had no flyers...luckily I still had a few leftover from the Durham store (although some I printed from the scan posted in this thread scanned at checkout too). Selection was fairly picked-over in Cary; Raleigh still had some interesting titles. Raleigh was the only store that had the DVD/Blu-Ray combos that are supposedly marked down (though the sign was taken down from last week so it was unclear if they were still $4.99 before the coupon or not).

Today's haul yielded (between the two stores):

Young Guns $2.99
The Phantom $2.99
King Kong $4.99
American Gangster $4.99
Seabiscuit $4.99
The Perfect Storm $4.99

Peter
Old 08-14-10, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I tried to use the $5 off coupon at self checkout and it failed. Had to have someone come approve it.
Old 08-14-10, 06:20 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

On my three separate trips over the past week I've been able to use multiple coupons on the same transaction. One check-out lady I think was going to ask a supervisor, but the super was busy so she tried scanning the second coupon and when it took, she just scanned the others. I also picked up Total Recall for $2.99 (most copies were marked $9.99, but if you look hard enough...) --Peter

P.S. Has anyone seen Memoirs of a Geisha for $9.99? Many of these titles were cheap at Target last X-mas and Memoirs was one...but haven't seen it mentioned nor have I seen it yet.
Old 08-14-10, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Rocketdog2000
Well, it's BJ's after all, so they are not going to have the world's greatest selection of movies to begin with. Fortunately mine at least does have enough decent titles to choose from.

$4.99 for 12 Monkeys (after the coupon) is a great deal, when you consider it list prices for around $24.99. (Even the DVD would likely cost you more). Hell, $5 for almost any Blu-Ray is a great deal - which is why I've picked about about a dozen movies using these coupons over the last couple of weeks. Every time I go in, I pick up another handful of fliers with each batch of discs I buy. Seems like they are restocking the fliers, too, or I'm the only one taking them, as there never appears to be any less than the last time.
Thanks for the recommendation. I will grab it next Tuesday when I have to go help the family get some groceries. I think out of all that everyone has listed so far, I would have liked Walking Tall and definitely The Neverending Story. Will keep looking..

Glad everyone has been getting some good stuff.
Old 08-15-10, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm a cheapskate and have only picked up ones that are $4.99 AC - seabiscuit, true romance, king kong, perfect storm, 2010, traitor and bruce almighty. All but first and last picked up tax free this weekend in mass.
How come this is not posted in BD bargains? Or is it
Old 08-15-10, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The free DVD/BD combo deal expires today. You will still be able to get them for $4.99 but free is just so much better
Old 08-15-10, 03:40 PM

Has anyone had luck finding the flyer and coupon in the Orlando area? Went to 2 stores today:

Millennia Mall -- no flyers found anywhere
Clermont - found flyers for April and July -- none for August
Old 08-15-10, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by sumdeus
The free DVD/BD combo deal expires today. You will still be able to get them for $4.99 but free is just so much better
Damn I knew I should have made one last trip today! I still wanted to pickup Windtalkers and Super Troopers.

Still debating picking up Curse of the Golden Flower for $9.99 after coupon.
Old 08-15-10, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went to a different location today and made out quite well-

Robocop DVD + Blu-ray -$0.01
Graduate DVD + Blu-ray -$0.01
Cabin Fever $2.99
Near Dark $2.99
Johnny Handsome $2.99(this title had a $2 IR)

I noticed that they had Lost Season 5 Blu-ray for $54.99. Hopefully Season 6 will also be priced at $54.99. If they do a $10 IR combined with the $15 off coupon, this would be a smoking $29.99.
Old 08-15-10, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
I went to a different location today and made out quite well-

Robocop DVD + Blu-ray -$0.01
Graduate DVD + Blu-ray -$0.01
Cabin Fever $2.99
Near Dark $2.99
Johnny Handsome $2.99(this title had a $2 IR)

I noticed that they had Lost Season 5 Blu-ray for $54.99. Hopefully Season 6 will also be priced at $54.99. If they do a $10 IR combined with the $15 off coupon, this would be a smoking $29.99.
Do you know how long Johnny Handsome has the IR?

On Lost S6, apparently there's a $10 manufacturer's rebate in the Miley Cyrus BD for The Last Song, so if you're getting that then you can save an additional $10 on Lost S6. Keep in mind that The Last Song has a $10 manufacturer's rebate of its own (link available in BD Forum) + the $5 BJ's coupon means you can probably get The Last Song for
Old 08-15-10, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^

I don't know when the IR expires. I didn't even know that there was one until I scanned it at the self check-out. Thanks for the info regarding the Miley rebate.
Old 08-15-10, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
^

I don't know when the IR expires. I didn't even know that there was one until I scanned it at the self check-out. Thanks for the info regarding the Miley rebate.
Usually where there's smoke there's fire and I am thinking that there may be a Lionsgate wide IR of $2 on their $9.99 titles (may just be wishful thinking too).
Old 08-15-10, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 213 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocketdog2000
$4.99 for 12 Monkeys (after the coupon) is a great deal...
I really like 12 Monkeys, you can't go wrong with that especially at $5 for blu?!?
Old 08-15-10, 09:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by k_lodge
Has anyone had luck finding the flyer and coupon in the Orlando area? Went to 2 stores today:

Millennia Mall -- no flyers found anywhere
Clermont - found flyers for April and July -- none for August
I went to East Orlando and there were none.
Old 08-15-10, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Usually where there's smoke there's fire and I am thinking that there may be a Lionsgate wide IR of $2 on their $9.99 titles (may just be wishful thinking too).
Well, there's definitely not a $2 IR on the $7.99 LG titles. Maybe Johnny Handsome had the $2 rebate because it's a $10 title.
Old 08-15-10, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Undeadcow
I really like 12 Monkeys, you can't go wrong with that especially at $5 for blu?!?
Okay..thanks to all you DVDTalkers feedback I will pick it up on Tuesday You guys are awesome!
Old 08-17-10, 11:37 AM

BJS had instant rebates on
      There may also have been other IRs (I think one for Kick-Ass Blu-Ray) but the price didn't come below my $10-12 max for a single-movie blu-ray so I don't remember what it was.

Cougar Town was $29.99 with no IR so you may be able to get away with the $15 coupon and possibly adding the $10 coupon that is reported to be in the Last Song Blu-Ray to possibly get that for $5. The $15 coupon says sets over $29.99, but I have been able to use twice for $29.99 sets, but it is YMMV.
      Old 08-17-10, 11:45 AM
      DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks for the info Kyle! Anyone confirm the $10 Lost coupon?
      Old 08-18-10, 04:21 PM
      DVD Talk Special Edition

Another great trip today:

The Last Song $4.99
      The Neverending Story $8.99
      The Invention of Lying $8.99

All on one transaction and no problems whatsoever.
      Old 08-18-10, 04:49 PM
      DVD Talk Special Edition

Another great trip today:

The Last Song $4.99
      The Neverending Story $8.99
      The Invention of Lying $8.99

All on one transaction and no problems whatsoever.
      Woops...sent you the PM before reading this..ignore my last question. Lucky duck you on the Neverending Story. Very jealous LOL

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.