Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Amazon UK Box Set Bargains

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-11, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Amazon UK Box Set Bargains

Originally Posted by Quatermass
On that Hammer box set, I just dug mine out today and "remembered" that the individual disks are packed in hard plastic, like the inside of a cd jewel case and held together in volumes with a cardboard outer wrapper. I had said they were in window envelopes which is totally wrong. I must have been thinking of something else. Sorry about that.
I am not allowed to put links but if you are interested in the packaging just introduce this in google: The Hammer Collection (21 Disc Collector's Box Set) mundodvd
Click in the first result ang go to the second page and you will see a lot of photos of it.
Old 03-28-11, 08:23 PM

I forgot that this box set is cheaper in bee.com with the code SILLYBEE20 (%20 off) and free delivery, 25.6 pounds.
Old 03-28-11, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Basque
I forgot that this box set is cheaper in bee.com with the code SILLYBEE20 (%20 off) and free delivery, 25.6 pounds.
Do they ship to to the US?
Old 03-28-11, 10:42 PM

Uuups, sorry everybody, free delivery to most countries of Europe but i can not see information in this web about shipping to USA.
Old 03-29-11, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

Most dvd's & boxes are 2.98 pounds to the USA.
Old 03-29-11, 07:22 AM

So bee does indeed deliver to the USA, MooMooMooMoo? They had some super prices on a few BBC comedy boxes a few weeks ago.
Old 03-29-11, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Chris-K
So bee does indeed deliver to the USA, MooMooMooMoo? They had some super prices on a few BBC comedy boxes a few weeks ago.
I read your post before scrolling up and seeing the others. I was like "WTF do bees and cows have to do with getting DVD's from amazon.co.uk?"
Old 03-29-11, 04:54 PM

The code has expired.
Old 03-29-11, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If anyone comes across a really good deal for Optimum's set on the first two seasons of THE AVENGERS or Network's release of the old TV series ESPIONAGE S1, please post it.

They do get reduced at Amazon UK from time to time, but not very substantially. Most of the time the best deals are in the Marketplace, but it's always from sellers who won't ship internationally.
Old 03-29-11, 07:42 PM

The two Coen-Brothers box-sets are pretty tempting price-wise:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Coen-Brother...xgy_d_h__img_b
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Coen-Brother...f=pd_cp_d_h__1
Old 03-30-11, 02:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris-K
I was referring to Amazon.UK.
Old 03-31-11, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
If anyone comes across a really good deal for Optimum's set on the first two seasons of THE AVENGERS or Network's release of the old TV series ESPIONAGE S1, please post it. They do get reduced at Amazon UK from time to time, but not very substantially. Most of the time the best deals are in the Marketplace, but it's always from sellers who won't ship internationally.
For the Avengers sets, it might be worth contacting the individual sellers to ask. When I've done it before, I managed to get them to ship to me in the US.
Regarding the Network title, if you can, wait for Network's annual sale. I bought his title there and even with shipping to the US still came to a fraction of what I would have spent on marketplace.
Of course there's also e*ay.uk - many sellers will ship to the US and your US account is linked to their system.
Old 04-06-11, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Isny
Some of you may not consider this a deal, but I figured I'd mention it anyways as there are surely some people who would be interested =)

It seems there is a Remastered DVD release of the complete series of The Undersea World of Jacques Cousteau. This looks to be a UK only release so far, as I can't find any mention of it anywhere else besides international websites.

The Undersea World of Jacques Cousteau £110.20 (Release May 23 2011)

From the Amazon page:

Available on DVD for the first time, and digitally enhanced from the original master tapes, comes the opportunity to own what The Boston Globe has called ‘the most spectacular and colourful series on the air.’ The legendary Jacques Cousteau, along with the loyal crew of his famous ship, Calypso, spent a decade travelling the world’s seas, documenting the many wonders that they encountered. A pioneer in many senses, Cousteau’s technical wizardry allowed for the filming of new species and behavior in the animal kingdom, all presented with a profound respect for the natural world.

• This groundbreaking series set the trend for nature documentaries, revealing the reality of making the programmes, alongside incredible footage of animals in the wild.

• Contains all 36 episodes of the classic series, which ran from 1967-1976, and which the New York Daily News called ‘what television can and should do best.
Quoting this due to a price drop. Previous price was £110.20 and the new pre-order price is £91.97. Still no information about a North American release.

Also, for those of you who are TMNT fans, Turtles Forever is being released in it's proper 80 minute Anamorphic Widescreen format in the UK. The North American release was cut short at 70 minutes and was 4:3. The pre-order for this is currently £8.93 and can be found here.
Old 01-09-15, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,178 Likes on 4,207 Posts

Bumping this old thread because there are several really nice Region-Free Blu Ray box set deals going on right now.

As mentioned in the Amazon Bargain thread,

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
The Superman Motion Picture Anthology 1978-2006 - $16 shipped to USA from Amazon UK. Region-free.
Also I ordered a box set of Season 1-7 of The Big Bang Theory for $50 shipped. Seemed like a pretty good deal, even if there's many more seasons of the show on the horizon.

Maybe others could put some of their finds from the current sale here as well.
Old 01-09-15, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,015 Likes on 839 Posts

Thanks for reviving the thread. There are a lot more TV on BD complete series over there, perhaps because of fewer streaming options? I like how the description of the Big Bang Theory set is the titles of every episode.

Some possible interesting deals there, like the James Dean and Kubrick Collections, and Mad Max.
Old 01-09-15, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,178 Likes on 4,207 Posts

Originally Posted by davidh777
Some possible interesting deals there, like the James Dean and Kubrick Collections, and Mad Max.
Word of caution on that James Dean set (at least -- that's the only one I picked up). While the three movie Blu Rays (on four discs - Giant is spread over two discs) are in indeed Region Free, the James Dean Forever Young documentary and the American Masters discs are on Region B DVDs and won't play in most US players.
Old 01-09-15, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,015 Likes on 839 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
Word of caution on that James Dean set (at least -- that's the only one I picked up). While the three movie Blu Rays (on four discs - Giant is spread over two discs) are in indeed Region Free, the James Dean Forever Young documentary and the American Masters discs are on Region B DVDs and won't play in most US players.
Good to know, thanks. I think I have that doc on DVD.
Old 01-10-15, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker
Maybe others could put some of their finds from the current sale here as well.
Secret Diary of A Call Girl - Series 3 [DVD] for £5.76 (still no idea why this season hasn't gotten a US release yet).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0030552N...=I9EW7GGMGJXE5

Journeyman The Complete Series [DVD] for £13.00 is the best I've seen that so far (not that I check every day):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00A3VVJC...I29VZ7V1W15JF4