Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Dr Horrible's Sing-along-Blog (Joss Whedon) DVD - $9.99 on Amazon (Exclusive)!

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Dr Horrible's Sing-along-Blog (Joss Whedon) DVD - $9.99 on Amazon (Exclusive)!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-09, 01:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Dr Horrible's Sing-along-Blog (Joss Whedon) DVD - $9.99 on Amazon (Exclusive)!

thanks
Old 01-26-09, 08:25 AM

Re: Dr Horrible's Sing-along-Blog (Joss Whedon) DVD - $9.99 on Amazon (Exclusive)!

Just a heads up...the listing now reads "This item has been discontinued by the manufacturer."
Old 01-26-09, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by sandman007
Just a heads up...the listing now reads "This item has been discontinued by the manufacturer."
I'm glad I finally decided to blind buy it the other day.
Old 01-26-09, 09:51 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

I wonder if this means they're considering a "Real" release everywhere, instead of Amazon-exclusive. I asked a mod over at Whedonesque and they've got a request in for comment from the Whedon clan.
Old 01-26-09, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by sandman007
I just checked the listing and it looks like it's back in stock.

Last edited by Bob_F1; 01-30-09 at 11:40 PM.
Old 01-26-09, 12:37 PM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

Listed as "In Stock" again.
Old 01-26-09, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Somebody must have hit the wrong button, says In Stock. I ordered it Saturday after I read here it dropped back to $10.49. It says shipping soon, hopefully very soon.
Old 01-26-09, 01:29 PM

Yup. It's back. But it DID say discontinued. Darn. I was actually HOPING the Amazon deal was over so they could give it a proper full release!!!
Old 01-26-09, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by cinemaphile
Yup. It's back. But it DID say discontinued. Darn. I was actually HOPING the Amazon deal was over so they could give it a proper full release!!!
I'd probably end up buying that also.
Old 01-27-09, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just curious... how could this be discontinued if they are dvd-rs on-demand? something like a pressing limit? time limit? a la franklin mint or whatever its called?
Old 01-28-09, 07:34 PM

It looks like these are shipping again. The copy that I ordered on Sunday, 1/25, just shipped.
Old 01-30-09, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I brought the iTunes version 3 sections @ $2.00 each when it first came out. Very cute. I also love the Buffy musical in season 6, same feel.
Old 01-30-09, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For those of you who don't know, the $6 version doesn't contain the extra features of the $10 version and is DRM'd for iTunes/ipod/AppleTV use. Also, what is it with those links on my above post, I didn't put them there unless there is some special PC code I pushed in error on the keyboard.

Last edited by pagansoul; 01-30-09 at 09:37 AM.
Old 01-30-09, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by hindolio
just curious... how could this be discontinued if they are dvd-rs on-demand? something like a pressing limit? time limit? a la franklin mint or whatever its called?
These are not DVDRs as far I know. My copy looks like a regular pressed DVD like any officially released DVD you buy from Amazon. I assume the temporary 'discontinued' note was a mistake. I haven't heard any news from the Joss Whedon camp about re-releasing the DVD. I don't feel there's a need to anyway since the DVD looks about as professionally made as it can be and I don't think there's any more extras they can add onto it.
Old 01-30-09, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by spiralout9
These are not DVDRs as far I know. My copy looks like a regular pressed DVD like any officially released DVD you buy from Amazon. I assume the temporary 'discontinued' note was a mistake. I haven't heard any news from the Joss Whedon camp about re-releasing the DVD. I don't feel there's a need to anyway since the DVD looks about as professionally made as it can be and I don't think there's any more extras they can add onto it.
They ARE DVD-R's. It says so right on the product page. But theyre not like some homemade job you or i woud do at home. Theyre professional produced with full quality content, full disc art, etc.
Old 01-30-09, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

They ARE DVD-R's. It says so right on the product page. But theyre not like some homemade job you or i woud do at home. Theyre professional produced with full quality content, full disc art, etc.
Not completely true. Looks like there was an initial pressing followed by the DVD-Rs.
Old 01-31-09, 04:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

^ well, im interested to see if any of yous guys get less professional dvd-rs in this second batch that is now available.
Old 01-31-09, 10:42 AM

Well, then Amazon was posting lies. From Day One of even being available for pre-order or purchase, it has always said DVD-R
Old 01-31-09, 11:25 AM

I ordered back when the price first went to $10.49, and the one they sent me is clearly a DVD-R. It has the purple bottom where you can tell how much of the disc has been burned by where the color changes slightly. You could also feel the ink they used to print the disc art, and I even had to wipe off some of this ink from the bottom of the disc. That said, it played fine, and I'm happy with my order.
Old 01-31-09, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Well, then Amazon was posting lies. From Day One of even being available for pre-order or purchase, it has always said DVD-R
I'm pretty sure the wording hasn't changed:

Originally Posted by Amazon.com
This product may be manufactured on demand using DVD-R recordable media. Amazon.com's standard return policy will apply.
Old 01-31-09, 12:44 PM

Hmm, interesting. There's a discussion on Amazon's Dr. Horrible page on the dvd vs dvdr issue. I can't post the link here but it's in the "Seriously.....a DVD-R" thread if you scroll down to the discussion part. It does sound like the initial run may have been pressed DVDs and then when they ran out of those, they sent DVDRs instead. I ordered mine a couple of days before the release date so I guess I got one from the first batch.
Old 01-31-09, 08:12 PM

I also ordered mine before the release date and it appears to be a pressed DVD.
Old 01-31-09, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

well, pressed dvd, pressed dvd-r, purple dvd-r,... i dunno. but something like this is what i figured for those that received non bootleg-looking copies of this...

https://www.createspace.com/Products/DVDOnDemand.jsp

link courtesy of krychekxf at rareoopdvds.com.
Old 02-03-09, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Lucky101
Anyone have pictures?
I know it's been like two weeks, but it looks like nobody every uploaded any pics for ya, so since I got mine today, here ya go. The case is pretty professional looking and it is worth the $10 to me.

Last edited by pridesticks06; 02-04-09 at 06:08 PM.
Old 02-03-09, 04:31 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

I can barely see those pics. Any chance you have a larger version you could share?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.