Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

24 - All Six Seasons for $27 Total! (bestbuy instore)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

24 - All Six Seasons for $27 Total! (bestbuy instore)

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-08, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Worked for me! All 6 seasons for less than $30. I went to mine but they only had Seasons 1 and 6, so I had to drive to another one about 20 minutes away. They had the SE Tin in an entirely different section away from the on sale ones.. either that was done on purpose or it was coincidence.

They only had 2 copies of Seasons 2, 4, and 5.. a shitload of 6, and only 4 Tins. My Season 5 I got was beat to hell with the case being damaged.. but the girl looked in the back and they had more that they hadn't put out.

This is an unbelievable deal. The girl who checked me out had to do a double take.. but all she said was "Wow that's a hell of a deal." I'm sure once some stores catch on they'll make up some lousy excuse as to why they can't honor it. Buy it while you can!

Thanks OP!
Old 06-29-08, 03:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It worked for me in Bellevue, WA and he scanned the coupon BEFORE he scanned all of the sets.
Old 06-29-08, 03:30 PM

Smok'in deal worked just perfect no questions at my BB.
Old 06-29-08, 03:34 PM

Confirmed at St. George, UT Best Buy. She scanned the 6 seasons of 24 first, then scanned coupon, pressed a button on her end and automatically took it down to $28.61 out the door. Never seen the show. Definitely a blind buy for this price though. Thanks OP!
Old 06-29-08, 03:34 PM

Worked for me in Frederick, MD. They had about 5 or 6 of each season. I picked them up and went to the register where they came back as $108. Then I pointed out the coupon on season 1 to the cashier and she looked at it for a while then scanned it in. The system asked about applying to all and she clicked yes. Bingo, $28.97 with tax.

Next, I went to Costco and returned the 6 sets I bought at last weekend $19.99 each ($128 total with tax). Just save $100.

Thanks everyone.
Old 06-29-08, 03:36 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Time to give this a try then.
Old 06-29-08, 03:41 PM

Thanks I had originally just bought S1/S6 not realizing it was off every season. Returned those and re-bought. Nashua, NH store is pretty much wiped out--only 1 more copy of SE left (plus the one I returned), and then pretty much S6. Took the opportunity to upgrade my S1, add S6 and replace my large case S2-S4, and picked up an extra copy of S5 since it was only $2. Will need to sell or trade off my old S1-S5 (still sealed), but for $2/season to upgrade, I couldn't resist.
Old 06-29-08, 03:43 PM

Any update from Philly people?
Old 06-29-08, 03:45 PM

Doesn't work for me.. only valid for Season 1 and ONE of the other season (2-6). Cashier called for assistance. Operations supervisor refuses to honor the 3rd pack so forth and said it is already on sale at $16.99. Since the check out line was long, I didn't argue, only managed to pick up Season 1 (16.99) and Season 2 (1.99). Tried to go back another run but Season 1 no longer available on the shelf to make the accompanying purchase.

I think it is YMMV.
Old 06-29-08, 03:46 PM

The more I think about this, it makes sense that this deal is to good to be true. I think Best Buy just made a huge error not realizing that this coupon was going in place at the same time as their weekly sale.

Normally priced at $49 at Best Buy makes sense working with a $15 off coupon. I wouldn't be surprised if this is revoked by tomorrow by all stores so get them while you can. There really is no way they could sell full seasons at $1.99 ea.
Old 06-29-08, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by dvdfansub
Doesn't work for me.. only valid for Season 1 and ONE of the other season (2-6). Cashier called for assistance. Operations supervisor refuses to honor the 3rd pack so forth and said it is already on sale at $16.99. Since the check out line was long, I didn't argue, only managed to pick up Season 1 (16.99) and Season 2 (1.99). Tried to go back another run but Season 1 no longer available on the shelf to make the accompanying purchase.

I think it is YMMV.
Did not work for me either...I did argue but to no avail. My main point was why would the coupon specifically say up to $75 off if it could only be used on one. I know that no store with the exception of maybe Barnes and Noble would charge more than $75 for a season of 24
Old 06-29-08, 03:57 PM

Definitely ymmv. I think the store computer wasn't programmed correctly. The website only allows one season for $1.99. That's ok, I was only missing Season 6 anyway. So I can replace my Season 1 and give away the old one to a friend.

Last edited by Mycroft1888; 06-29-08 at 03:58 PM. Reason: add sentence
Old 06-29-08, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just drove 30 minutes to the closest Best Buy store (Anderson, SC, a horrible store, always has been), had the sets at the counter and had the cashier ringing it up. The coupon went through perfectly, but they asked for the store manager to come over. He was incredibly rude to me, flat out said that he wasn't going to allow the coupon since he interprets "may not be combined with any other coupon or offer" as meaning you can't use it on top of sale prices. I was fuming, but kept my cool. He was so rude to me, instantly came to that conclusion. I asked to speak to his manager, he said he was the store manager, and I said that I mean the manager above him. He said to call corporate, and he quickly gave me the number while his back was turned and he was walking away from me.

I called while in the store, they called the store and talked to the manager, then they told me that they couldn't convince the manager to honor the coupon. I hung up the phone and left at that time.

While driving home, I thought about the online deal, how it is working with at least one of the sets. I called back to customer relations and pointed that out, and they were shocked. I said if you don't believe me that it should work even on sale prices, then just check the site. They checked, it worked for them, and said I was right. Even then however, they said they couldn't convince the manager to give them to me in store using the coupon.

The customer relations person told me that they could offer to give me a $25 gift card for my trouble, and while I told her I didn't intend for anything like that and instead just wanted the deal, I'd still obviously take the free gift card.

So, I didn't get the deal in the end, but I did get a "free" (gas, time, etc...) $25 gift card in the end. I also filed a formal complaint against the store manager. It wont do anything, but still. I didn't even file it because of not getting me the deal. He was just so incredibly rude to me in telling me no. Had he been nice about it, I would have been a bit more understanding.

Anyway, if anyone here can get this deal for me and ship them to me, it would be greatly appreciated. If any of you are up for it, please let me know and I'll work it out with you over PM or email. Thanks a million.
Old 06-29-08, 04:03 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Mycroft1888
Definitely ymmv. I think the store computer wasn't programmed correctly. The website only allows one season for $1.99. That's ok, I was only missing Season 6 anyway. So I can replace my Season 1 and give away the old one to a friend.

NOT TRUE! It is NOT YMMV because earlier I posted my situation in arguing with the B$%CH of a supervisor and made a complaint because she refused to investigate or SCAN the coupon on the Season 1 SE. It worked at the other store. Then BESTBUY calls me back 3 hours later which is about 5 min ago...and says we are sorry we will give you a 25 dollar Gift Card for free for her mistake! LOL so I pretty much got all of 24 and Season 1/2 for Prison Break for 35 BUCKS now that is a sweet deal!

So go get the set!
Old 06-29-08, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by zekeburger1979
The clerk gave me a high five after seeing the deal I was getting and no, no pics available, plus I wouldn't hit it anyways!
Worked for me, and I got the "cashier high-five" too. When I went up, there was nobody else in line, so the 2 cashiers were talking. I put everything down, the other cashier said "Oh, this is so cool. All of these will ring up at $1.99." So they obviously had already had others do it. I got lucky though, I got the last Season 1 SE on the shelf.

And, you know, I was just thinking the other day that it was about time we had one of those crazy cheap deals around here like the BOGO $9.99 Warner 2 disc deal at BB a while back. So here it is! Thanks to the OP.
Old 06-29-08, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Worked for me at the Fenton Mo. store. Still at least one copy of each season available. Thanks OP.
Old 06-29-08, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Ran out to BB when I saw this thread. Worked fine here, coupon scanned and the total was $28.42 with tax. I have all the seasons so half.com here I come.

It's a good thing I got there when I did because I got the last S4 and the last S2 was grabbed right after I got mine. Two of the other seasons (including the SE S1 were down to one copy.

Thanks much, OP!

Last edited by movielib; 06-29-08 at 04:29 PM.
Old 06-29-08, 04:08 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Brent L
I just drove 30 minutes to the closest Best Buy store (Anderson, SC, a horrible store, always has been), had the sets at the counter and had the cashier ringing it up. The coupon went through perfectly, but they asked for the store manager to come over. He was incredibly rude to me, flat out said that he wasn't going to allow the coupon since he interprets "may not be combined with any other coupon or offer" as meaning you can't use it on top of sale prices. I was fuming, but kept my cool. He was so rude to me, instantly came to that conclusion. I asked to speak to his manager, he said he was the store manager, and I said that I mean the manager above him. He said to call corporate, and he quickly gave me the number while his back was turned and he was walking away from me.

I called while in the store, they called the store and talked to the manager, then they told me that they couldn't convince the manager to honor the coupon. I hung up the phone and left at that time.

While driving home, I thought about the online deal, how it is working with at least one of the sets. I called back to customer relations and pointed that out, and they were shocked. I said if you don't believe me that it should work even on sale prices, then just check the site. They checked, it worked for them, and said I was right. Even then however, they said they couldn't convince the manager to give them to me in store using the coupon.

The customer relations person told me that they could offer to give me a $25 gift card for my trouble, and while I told her I didn't intend for anything like that and instead just wanted the deal, I'd still obviously take the free gift card.

So, I didn't get the deal in the end, but I did get a "free" (gas, time, etc...) $25 gift card in the end. I also filed a formal complaint against the store manager. It wont do anything, but still. I didn't even file it because of not getting me the deal. He was just so incredibly rude to me in telling me no. Had he been nice about it, I would have been a bit more understanding.

Anyway, if anyone here can get this deal for me and ship them to me, it would be greatly appreciated. If any of you are up for it, please let me know and I'll work it out with you over PM or email. Thanks a million.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED TO ME!!!! Damn people are rude working there. I bet if they were in our shoes they would attempt to get a deal when they can! But you are right because that is BS if it works online that means a SALE (combined offer) does work with a manufactured coupon! Liars I say Liars!
Old 06-29-08, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Denver Broncos
NOT TRUE! It is NOT YMMV..

So go get the set!
I wouldn't say actually YMMV, it depends on what dick manager you get. Some people are having good luck, others not so much.

They SHOULD honor it, since the site has the same deal, but you can't force managers I suppose. They're losing a lot of money on this.
Old 06-29-08, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts
Worked for me in Las Vegas, NV!! Best Buy at Rainbow. One tin left with a tiny dent, one or more of each of the remaining seasons. The cashier called the manager.

Me to cashier while waiting for manager: Have you scanned it?
Cashier: There's nothing to scan.

While waiting she unfolds the paper to discover a UPC. Manager comes in, cashier shows her the coupon.

Manager: Have you scanned it? Just follow the directions.
Cashier: Pissed.

Bought two complete sets for $29.03 after tax each. That's about $4.75 a season. One of the best DVD purchases I've ever made. What's funny is when it charged $2.XX for tax for all six seasons. One set's for me and the other for my sister, who's a bigger "24" fan than I am (and I'm a pretty big fan myself). I've seen seasons 1-5 through the library so I still have season 6 to go through, plus the hours and hours of extras.

THANKS OP!!!!

By the way, the coupon says up to $75 off with the combined purchase of Seasons 2-6. As black and white as it can get.

Last edited by GatorDeb; 06-29-08 at 04:28 PM.
Old 06-29-08, 04:11 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Worked for me as well - no questions asked by cashier.
Old 06-29-08, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GatorDeb
Worked for me in Las Vegas, NV!! Best Buy at Rainbow. One tin left with a tiny dent, one or more of each of the remaining seasons. The cashier called the manager.

Me to cashier while waiting for manager: Have you scanned it?
Cashier: There's nothing to scan.

While waiting she unfolds the paper to discover a UPC. Manager comes in, cashier shows her the coupon.

Manager: Have you scanned it? Just follow the directions.
Cashier: Pissed.

Bought two complete sets for $29.03 after tax each. That's about $4.75 a season. One of the best DVD purchases I've ever made. What's funny is when it charged $2.XX for tax for all six seasons. One set's for me and the other for my sister, who's a bigger "24" fan than I am (and I'm a pretty big fan myself). I've seen seasons 1-5 through the library so I still have season 6 to go through, plus the hours and hours of extras.

THANKS OP!!!!
You win. You got two sets. I was going (one for me and one for Amazon) to, but I didn't want to push it.

Congrats!!
Old 06-29-08, 04:15 PM

Can anyone pick up an extra set while they are at bestbuy today? Please PM me if you can.
Old 06-29-08, 04:15 PM

Worked pretty well for me (Racine, WI). The cashier had two other people at the counter with her for about five minutes trying to figure out how to enter the coupon. The total for me was $32.14 for the six seasons because they manually entered the $75 discount after I was taxed on the pre-coupon subtotal. Still a great deal...thanks O.P.!
Old 06-29-08, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by mcfly
You win. You got two sets. I was going (one for me and one for Amazon) to, but I didn't want to push it.

Congrats!!
There was a third set that I could have gotten for resale, but I remembered how I wasn't able to get Wii Fit for a long time because people bought multiples to sell for $150. The only reason I picked 2 is because this is a great birthday present for my sister (or even a great everyday present). I wouldn't have picked a second for resale and hope others here don't either.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.