Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

24 - All Six Seasons for $27 Total! (bestbuy instore)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

24 - All Six Seasons for $27 Total! (bestbuy instore)

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-08, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Private Donut
Finally got a response from Best Buy via the BBB. They are refusing to honor the coupon, calling the sale price the "other offer". I am appealing with the BBB, citing the fact that they have honored the coupon for other customers.

Absolutely ridiculous.
You need to get a life .Move on
Old 07-25-08, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Finally got a response from Best Buy via the BBB. They are refusing to honor the coupon, calling the sale price the "other offer". I am appealing with the BBB, citing the fact that they have honored the coupon for other customers.

Absolutely ridiculous.
You will not win. You are just wasting your own time. Relax your ego and let it go.
Old 07-25-08, 02:35 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

No, keep on going. Hope you make it to SCOTUS.
Old 07-25-08, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by iamiam
No, keep on going. Hope you make it to SCOTUS.
LOL!

Now that's funny.

I sent them a link to another receipt which clearly shows that they honored the coupon. In end, yes, probably nothing will come of it, but it goes to show, they should clearly define their policies and train their managers and employees so that every customer, no matter which store they are in, gets the same treatment.

The squeeky wheel gets the grease.
Old 07-25-08, 03:20 PM

Another reason I'm contesting it (and mentioned in my appeal): the cashier never even scanned in the coupon. She entered it as a manual cash discount. When I mentioned that there was a bar code on the back, she called a manager, who without even scanning the coupon refused to let me use it.

They never even tried.
Old 07-25-08, 04:10 PM

They never even tried.
Oh the humanity! That coupon was an absolute good.
Old 07-25-08, 04:55 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
LOL!

Now that's funny.

I sent them a link to another receipt which clearly shows that they honored the coupon. In end, yes, probably nothing will come of it, but it goes to show, they should clearly define their policies and train their managers and employees so that every customer, no matter which store they are in, gets the same treatment.

The squeeky wheel gets the grease.
So basically what your saying is that you would have preferred that no one got the deal? because if all were trained correctly and followed policy then they should have all viewed it as "another offer" and either rejected the manufacturer coupon or provided a choice of either using the coupon or selecting the sale price.

I believe the majority would prefer that BB just mess up every once and a while and that those that get lucky or act quickly get a special deal time from time.
Old 07-25-08, 05:06 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Another reason I'm contesting it (and mentioned in my appeal): the cashier never even scanned in the coupon. She entered it as a manual cash discount. When I mentioned that there was a bar code on the back, she called a manager, who without even scanning the coupon refused to let me use it.

They never even tried.
Why would that be an issue. Are you saying the computer system couldn't have been programmed incorrectly regarding the coupon during the sale time. I think it is fairly obvious that a manager should be able to override the results from the computer if he feels it in error. Basically, corporate BB is taking the position that it was a mistake. Therefore, those managers that refused were actually doing the right thing from a corporate standpoint.

There clearly was language saying not to be used with another offer. The computer system being incorrect in ringing up a sale is not the same thing as finding an item in the store with a lower price and the computer system ringing it up as a higher price. In that case, they've always rung up the lower price for me.

Sometimes you will even see in ad's fine print language that says they have the right to correct and prices that might have been advertised incorrectly.

IMO, BB's position is sound and the fact that many managers caught on and denied the combined discount was correct from a store perspective. As a consumer, I have no problem when random corporate mistakes provide an incredible deal for those lucky enough to take advantage of it and I hold no ill will to the company if I was unable to do so myself.
Old 07-25-08, 05:24 PM

The thread that would not die.....

--John
Old 07-25-08, 07:21 PM

Why would Best Buy NOT want to honor the coupon? That's what doesn't make sense.

They get reimbursed by Fox. Net loss: $0.

They sell more sets because customers are clamoring to buy the product at a phenomenal price. Net gain: more sales i.e. more $$$$.

Lawyers could argue all day about the wording, meaning, and intent of the coupon's fine print. But the fact is, their selling price, with no discounts applied at the register or in their system, was $16.99. The box sets rang up at $16.99. They did not ring up at $49.99 with a $33 discount. Call it a "sale" or whatever you want, but that was the retail price.

The smart thing to do would have been to code the price as MSRP with a temporary discount of $33. Then program the system to reject coupons if an item has a discount already applied. But they didn't do that.

And yes, I think either everyone should get the deal, or no one gets the deal. Allowing store managers to set prices at their own discretion is a sure road to disaster.

As a chain retailer, you want all of your customers to think the same thing about your store, and you want them all to love the experience. You dont' want to make half of them happy, and piss the other half off.
Old 07-25-08, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm still wanting to exchange my season 5, duplicate for a season 2, but they won't let me do even exchange with the price difference, between what was paid and the current selling price of season 2.
Old 07-25-08, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

dead deal...