Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-14, 08:17 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Any new coupons on the horizon this week? I'm assuming last week was it during the Criterion sale due to end 7/28.
Old 07-21-14, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

I ended up buying 3 more titles even though I promised I'd stop buying!

Scanners (last copy in store!)
The Darjeeling Limited
Monsieur Verdoux (blind buy)

I only had two coupons but the cashier used one of the coupons twice so I can get the discount for the 3rd title which was really cool of him.
Old 07-21-14, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is information for one of the next coupons.

15% Off One Item Coupon Details:

For each customer, this coupon can be redeemed once at any Barnes & Noble retail store or once per billing address online at BN.com.

This coupon is valid at BN.com from July 31, 2014 at 12:01am to August 4, 2014 at 2:59am Eastern Time, and at Barnes & Noble stores from July 31, 2014 to August 3, 2014 at close of business.

This coupon entitles you to 15% off one (1) eligible item in your order, while supplies last. The discount will be applied to the most expensive eligible item in the order - not the entire purchase - and will be deducted after all other eligible discounts, including (if applicable) the standard Member discount, are applied.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, eGift Cards, gift-wrapping, textbooks, digital content (including but not limited to NOOK Books(TM), NOOK Magazines(TM), NOOK Newspapers, and NOOK Periodicals), NOOK(R) devices, NOOK accessories that are already discounted, other hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, select LEGO(R) and LeapFrog products (visit www.bn.com/couponexclusions for complete list), in-store purchases of Print Magazines, or products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts," (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.COM website (e.g., used books, etc.); (v) not valid on applicable sales tax or shipping or handling expenses; (vi) may not be combined with any other coupon or promotional discount; and (vii) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid at Barnes & Noble College bookstores or websites. Barnes & Noble is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors.

This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Void where prohibited by law.
Old 07-21-14, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Actually there might be one last coupon before the end of the sale.

This coupon can be redeemed online at BN.com and is valid only once per customer, per billing address.

This coupon is valid from July 28, 2014 at 12:01am to July 30, 2014 at 2:59am Eastern Time.

This coupon entitles you to 20% off one (1) eligible item in your order, while supplies last. The discount will be applied to the most expensive eligible item in the order - not the entire purchase - and will be deducted after all other eligible discounts are applied.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, eGift Cards, gift-wrapping, textbooks, digital content (including but not limited to NOOK Books™, NOOK Magazines™, and NOOK Periodicals), NOOK(R) devices, NOOK Accessories that are already discounted, other hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, LEGO(R) Architecture Studio, LEGO(R) Mindstorms EV3, LEGO(R) Star Wars 10225 R2D2, LEGO(R) Star Wars Death Star and LeapFrog LeapPad Ultra Kids' Learning Tablets, in-store purchases of Print Magazines, or products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts," (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.COM website (e.g., used books, etc.); (v) not valid on applicable sales tax or shipping or handling expenses; (vi) may not be combined with any other coupon or promotional discount; and (vii) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid at Barnes & Noble retail bookstores or at Barnes & Noble College bookstores or websites. Void where prohibited by law.

This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Barnes & Noble is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors.
Old 07-22-14, 12:44 PM

Is the online workaround for the member coupons still working? I'm trying to use the 5/50$ one, and while it says 'Coupon was applied', the price stays the same.
Old 07-22-14, 12:58 PM
Cool New Member

Alright! Looks like I can get the Demy collection after all. Last call before November I guess is how this game is played. Thanks for the heads up.
Originally Posted by Laser Movies
Old 07-22-14, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by LPMA
Is the online workaround for the member coupons still working? I'm trying to use the 5/50$ one, and while it says 'Coupon was applied', the price stays the same.
Are you talking about the glitch on the B&N mobile site? It worked with the $8 coupon.
Old 07-22-14, 01:26 PM

Are you talking about the glitch on the B&N mobile site? It worked with the $8 coupon.
And only the $8 coupon? I assumed it worked for the $5 one as well.
Old 07-22-14, 03:59 PM

Is this 20% definitely happening? It would be amazing if it did. I would love to get that Demy set releasing this week with it.
Old 07-22-14, 04:01 PM

For Laser or anyone else that knows that answer, do you know if you can apply a 15 or 20% off coupon along with the $8 off $40 coupon. I do want to try that if possible.
Old 07-23-14, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Nycguy84
Is this 20% definitely happening? It would be amazing if it did. I would love to get that Demy set releasing this week with it.
There were a couple similar 20% coupons in June. However it's possible this coupon might not be sent out in the regular B&N emails, but hopefully the code is leaked somewhere, or is easy to figure out. I'm assuming this will be a generic online coupon code like they were in June. Just have to wait and see what happens on the 28th.
Old 07-23-14, 12:42 PM

So I guess I'll hold off on my last order in the odd chance the 20% off coupon shows up in time.
Old 07-23-14, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 75 Likes on 39 Posts

Is there a store-printable version of the first post's online "$5 Off One Toy or Game Item" coupon, the F8K8U4N one...?
Old 07-23-14, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by hariseldon
It never worked for the $5 and that hole was plugged a couple weeks before the Criterion sale started for the $8 -- unless a new hole in the dam has opened.
I was just testing the $8, and it appeared to be taking money off when the SALE price was above $40. Specifically, it looked like it was going to take $8 off the John Cassavetes ($62.49) price...
Old 07-23-14, 06:01 PM

I just made a trial account for the Criterion sale, any chance of coupons coming out before the sale's end?
Old 07-23-14, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SomersetMills
I just made a trial account for the Criterion sale, any chance of coupons coming out before the sale's end?
I don't think we're due for another coupon until after the end of the sale. I also made a trial membership and used a coupon on 7/3 and was e-mailed a 20% off coupon that I used online this past weekend.

I believe the sale ends 7/28.
Old 07-23-14, 07:31 PM

Hello! I could use two or three discount coupon codes this weekend. Thank you very much.
Old 07-23-14, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chopin100
Hello! I could use two or three discount coupon codes this weekend. Thank you very much.
There aren't any except for the $8 off of $40 and $5 off of $50 coupons in the first post. There might be a coupon at the beginning of next week(probably online only).
Old 07-23-14, 08:49 PM

Is there any way to use a coupon with a newer account then, or is the "in store 10% off" the only use of newer membership accounts?
Old 07-23-14, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I logged into my temp account and it asked me to register.

I acknowledge that the Member Number identified above is mine and that I am the owner of this Barnes & Noble Membership. By registering my Member Number, I accept the Barnes & Noble Member Program Terms & Conditions.

It wants me to "accept". Is there any harm in doing this if I want to cancel before I'm charged for a membership. Do I need to do this before I use the card in the store?
Old 07-23-14, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by hariseldon
No problems with that at all (and that's how it should work), but before with the Mobile site Glitch it would take $8 off anything at all so people were creating multiple trial accounts and getting items for $1-2 each
Ah. Well. I did not know that, and have to politely say that I'm pleased they fixed that error.....
Old 07-24-14, 07:36 PM

Question: How many versions of THE LIFE AQUATIC... are there...? I have a one-disc DVD, and thought there was also a 2-disc and a Blu-ray. Today I saw a different cover from the one I have, but it did not say 2-discs... so: are there more than three (with variant cover), no 2-discer, or is the differently-covered one actually 2 discs, or...?
Old 07-25-14, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by ntnon
Question: How many versions of THE LIFE AQUATIC... are there...? I have a one-disc DVD, and thought there was also a 2-disc and a Blu-ray. Today I saw a different cover from the one I have, but it did not say 2-discs... so: are there more than three (with variant cover), no 2-discer, or is the differently-covered one actually 2 discs, or...?
Isn't one of the artworks reversible? I don't know which edition that was.
Old 07-25-14, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It was nice to receive some 20% off anniversary coupons today, good for an entire month! That was surprising... Too bad they are in-store only...

I just realized these coupons are targeted to certain locations only:
20% Off One Item Coupon Details: For each customer, this coupon can be redeemed once at select Barnes & Noble retail stores.

Coupon only valid at the following locations: Preston & Park, TX; Rochester Downtown, MN; Greenfield, WI; East Brunswick, NJ; St. Cloud, MN; Towne Centre, SC

Last edited by kenbenobi; 07-25-14 at 09:02 PM.
Old 07-26-14, 05:09 AM
g

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

I've received those anniversary sales coupons before and they never work on the criterion sale or the 40 perent sale. It just beeps and the manager is called and refuses them. That was my experience with the store specific coupons but maybe it has changes as I got them during the last sale.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.