Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-14, 06:28 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Email sent (I think) -- if you don;t receive at least one email let me know and I'll try again. My browser blinked about the time I hit send so I'm not sure if it went through or not.
Hi,

I did (not) receive any e-mail. Maybe something went wrong. Perhaps try again?

Thanks!
Old 05-10-14, 10:14 AM
Cool New Member

I sent a test e-mail to you through the forum, see if you get it.
Old 05-10-14, 10:16 AM
Cool New Member

Or, now I'm at 10 posts so maybe the other feature will work?
Old 05-10-14, 10:27 AM
Cool New Member

Yea, i just got two e-mails in quick succession. I guess there was some sort of a delay!
Old 05-10-14, 11:00 AM

Thanks anyway.
Old 05-10-14, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The end of B & N?

http://www.focusofswfl.com/#!/entry/...ew-years,28709

EDIT: There is a separate thread regarding this in the STORE forum, just posting here for the increased traffic this thread gets.

Last edited by ProfessorEcho; 05-10-14 at 07:38 PM.
Old 05-11-14, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Still have some store coupons if anyone needs any, and one 20% member coupon I'm not going to use.
Old 05-11-14, 12:02 PM

I have a couple of store coupons if anyone needs them.
Old 05-11-14, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 811 Likes on 685 Posts

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
The end of B & N?

EDIT: There is a separate thread regarding this in the STORE forum, just posting here for the increased traffic this thread gets.
I think we all knew this was inevitable. It was always very hard to squeeze profits out of selling books in a retail environment. The Internet has made it nigh impossible.

I assume it will go through the typical rounds of bankruptcy and someone will attempt to salvage the better performing locations. It always had a better brand than Borders or the other national book chains, I think someone will want that for some purpose.

Future generations will see easily commodified goods like books and music being sold through retail stores as a quaint relic. It did happen faster than I imagined, I thought books would be a little more resistant at the retail level since it was always an older clientele driving sales.
Old 05-11-14, 02:57 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by njwiv
I have a couple of store coupons if anyone needs them.
May I please have one if it's still available? Thanks in advance
Old 05-11-14, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by cosmo99
May I please have one if it's still available? Thanks in advance
Can't figure out how to PM you.
Old 05-11-14, 03:27 PM
Cool New Member

you can send it at: [email protected]

Thanks!
Old 05-11-14, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

I have a 15% off in-store coupon if anyone still needs one.
Old 05-11-14, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The end of B & N?

Better use those $10 GCs I got last November!
Old 05-12-14, 06:35 AM

The end of B & N?
Looks like click bait - no substantive information from a B&N source. Anyone can write anything. I predict B&N will merge with Best Buy by the end of summer, and hire Marissa Meyer as their new CEO. Backing up what you say is the key. This isn't even filled with the usual WSJ/NYT anonymous sources.
Old 05-12-14, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 75 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by DoverMath
Looks like click bait - no substantive information from a B&N source. Anyone can write anything. I predict B&N will merge with Best Buy by the end of summer, and hire Marissa Meyer as their new CEO. Backing up what you say is the key. This isn't even filled with the usual WSJ/NYT anonymous sources.
I agree.

I'm worried generally about many physical stores - and particularly book, DVD and media ones - but a general pessimism and not-great profits is JUST worrying, not a death knell.
Old 05-12-14, 10:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Olive Films posted that a "Buy 2 Get 1" sale starts May 13 @ B&N. Whether it's just for Olive DVDs & Blus, or store/sitewide, didn't say. So... yippee? Maybe?
Old 05-12-14, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Nate the Great
Olive Films posted that a "Buy 2 Get 1" sale starts May 13 @ B&N. Whether it's just for Olive DVDs & Blus, or store/sitewide, didn't say. So... yippee? Maybe?
I posted this a few pages back. It's part of the usual b2g1 sale.

This offer is valid at BN.com from May 13, 2014 at 12:01am to June 2, 2014 at 11:59pm Eastern time and at Barnes & Noble stores from May 13, 2014 to June 2, 2014 at close of business, while supplies last. This offer can be redeemed only once per customer, per billing address.

When you purchase two (2) or more qualifying DVDs, Blu-rays, or Music CDs from our "Buy Any 2, Get the 3rd Free: DVDs, Blu-rays & CDs" promotion, you will get a third less expensive qualifying DVDs, Blu-rays, or Music CDs for FREE! Simply look for the "Buy Any 2, Get the 3rd Free: DVDs, Blu-rays & CDs" message icon or sticker to identify eligible items. Limit of three (3) free items per customer. NOTE: Qualifying items may differ online and in stores.

In order to take advantage of this offer online, you must place all three (3) qualifying DVDs, Blu-rays or Music CDs in your BN.com Shopping Bag and purchase the items as part of the same transaction. Your credit for the least expensive product will appear at Checkout. At stores, you must bring all three (3) qualifying DVDs, Blu-rays or Music CDs to the register and purchase the items as part of the same transaction. Your credit will be applied at purchase.

Additional Rules Governing this Offer: This offer is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past or pre-ordered purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of any other products other than eligible DVDs, Blu-rays or Music CDs; (iv) not valid on products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts"; (v) not valid on applicable sales tax, or shipping or handling expenses; (vi) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.com website (e.g., used books, etc.); (vii) may not be combined with any coupon or discount promotion; and (viii) may not be combined with the Educator or Member program discount. Returns or cancellations may result in forfeiture of discounts applied at the time an order is placed and you will be responsible to pay any such adjustments; we reserve the right to charge your credit card or debit your Gift Card in the amount of such adjustments. This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Barnes & Noble is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors. This offer is not valid at Barnes & Noble College bookstores or websites. Void where prohibited by law.
Old 05-13-14, 02:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ Ah, okay; sorry for the repeat post. I looked a few pages back and didn't see the B2G1 mentioned, but I probably overlooked it being mixed in with coupon posts & requests. Ya lousy bums ...
Old 05-13-14, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DoverMath
I agree, it sounds like someone who is bearing a heavy grudge against the organization. But I still think he brings up good points, though more actual data and less juvenile ranting would have helped. Anyway, it's pertinent to the discussion, though more for the store forum than here. It was only posted here to direct folks to the other forum.
Old 05-14-14, 08:45 AM

Laser, any indication if there will be a 40% off all Blu-ray sale after this current "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" sale?

I want three titles: Revenge of the Nerds, The Terminal, and Death Wish. Buying them online doesn't save me much even though the prices are lower compared to in store. I don't get to use my member discount and percentage off coupons won't work online during a sale like this. If I had the store order them I will most likely pay list price, but I would get my 10% member discount and I might be able to use some coupons in store.

But I think the math points to the 40% being a better deal if I wait. Once we know the 40% off all Blu-ray sale date I can have the store order the titles a week in advance so once all the titles arrive the 40% sale will be active.

That's my plan anyway. I am not sure how long Barnes & Noble holds titles ordered for store pickup though.

bstv69 over on Blu-ray.com posted:

According to /u/rhfan212 on reddit he correctly called this sale and in addition stated that starting 6/3 there will be 40% off blu + jazz CDs (run time 2 weeks) then the criterion sale should be July 1.
Thought I would post in case any of these upcoming sales would be more attractive to some.

Last edited by Louisville S; 05-14-14 at 08:51 AM.
Old 05-14-14, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Louisville S
Laser, any indication if there will be a 40% off all Blu-ray sale after this current "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" sale?

I want three titles: Revenge of the Nerds, The Terminal, and Death Wish. Buying them online doesn't save me much even though the prices are lower compared to in store. I don't get to use my member discount and percentage off coupons won't work online during a sale like this. If I had the store order them I will most likely pay list price, but I would get my 10% member discount and I might be able to use some coupons in store.

But I think the math points to the 40% being a better deal if I wait. Once we know the 40% off all Blu-ray sale date I can have the store order the titles a week in advance so once all the titles arrive the 40% sale will be active.

That's my plan anyway. I am not sure how long Barnes & Noble holds titles ordered for store pickup though.

bstv69 over on Blu-ray.com posted:
I have not seen any information on future sales. Just have to wait and see what happens after the b2g1 sale ends.
Old 05-16-14, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wasn't the last accidental overlap a B2G1 and a 40% off?

I seem to remember running wild for about 20 minutes on the deal of a lifetime.
Old 05-17-14, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by hariseldon
The last run amok overlap that I remember was in July 2012 when the 50% Criterion titles went live while the June B2G1 was ending and for about 2 1/2 hours it was Shark Feeding time. I think I ordered 21 titles for around $14 after tax -- it actually made for a somewhat boring July sale since I only had the 4 July releases left to try to get coupon deals in store. As much fun as that couple hours were, it turned into a surprisingly anticlimatic sales since I got to sit on my hands for the whole month while everybody else was posting deals.
I'd rather see that glitch again. It took quite a while for all of the Criterion titles to eventually show up online at 50% off and I even lost track of what I'd ordered at one point. Wound up ordering the same title twice. I think it was 5 orders with 3 titles each and then I couldn't think any more (hey, it was like 4:00 am!). That was a sweet deal.
Old 05-18-14, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Aaaaaah, June 3, 12:01 AM....

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.