Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Old 10-28-08, 05:19 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please keep doing the updates if you can, Laser! I always check them. Not sure offhand when my membership expires, but there could still be deals without it.
Old 10-28-08, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Laser, I agree with others who appreciate the oodles of money you've saved us. If you can keep it updated, please do. Thanks.
Old 10-28-08, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I'd like to see the thread continue, too. Thanks for all your diligence in keeping it going, Laser.
Old 10-30-08, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Perhaps my final purchase with my membership... I just bought The Shining 2-Disc SE for $6.68 shipped with the P4C4N3N $5 off $10 coupon (used the Visa link for free shipping). I had no gift cards left, so I paid for this one. Used my B&N MC though, so I'll get another 5% back.
Cheapest price anywhere else is $12.87 shipped from DD
Old 10-30-08, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Perhaps my final purchase with my membership... I just bought The Shining 2-Disc SE for $6.68 shipped with the P4C4N3N $5 off $10 coupon (used the Visa link for free shipping). I had no gift cards left, so I paid for this one. Used my B&N MC though, so I'll get another 5% back.
I tried that coupon the other day and couldn't get it to work. Said my purchase was not eligible. After reading the coupon details I figured it was sort of like a renewal coupon and I couldn't use it. I recently purchased a CD and used a 15% code instead. It would have saved me some extra money. I'll see if I can find another cheap CD or DVD and try it again before my membership expires.
Old 10-30-08, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
I tried that coupon the other day and couldn't get it to work. Said my purchase was not eligible. After reading the coupon details I figured it was sort of like a renewal coupon and I couldn't use it. I recently purchased a CD and used a 15% code instead. It would have saved me some extra money. I'll see if I can find another cheap CD or DVD and try it again before my membership expires.
Was the CD $10+ AFTER your membership discount? That's the only thing I can think of for why it might not have worked... You definitely don't need to renew to use it.
Old 10-30-08, 10:33 PM

Thanks for the heads up, a good deal on something I've been wanting. BTW, B&N list it as widescreen but I'm pretty sure it's full frame.

Oops, it's the anamorphic widescreen edition.

Last edited by Watson2; 11-03-08 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Correction
Old 10-30-08, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Was the CD $10+ AFTER your membership discount? That's the only thing I can think of for why it might not have worked... You definitely don't need to renew to use it.
Originally I tested the coupon with a $20 DVD and it didn't work. I didn't bother with the CD later because I thought it required buying a new membership. The coupon for some reason doesn't work on any DVD even if it is over the $10 minimum. When I tried several more DVDs today the coupon was rejected during checkout. However I was able to use it tonight on a $10 CD. Even though my members discount took the price under $10 the coupon still gave me an additional $5 off. Ended up paying a little over $4 shipped for it.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 10-30-08 at 11:28 PM.
Old 10-31-08, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Did anyone else get this email? I'm trying to figure what to make of it, and if there are going to be any good deals. When I went to the section for DVDs they had several titles I'm very interested in and am wondering if they might get marked down to 40% off. Currently it looks like the sale hasn't started yet.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/holida.../index.asp?r=1

Old 10-31-08, 04:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Did anyone else get this email? I'm trying to figure what to make of it, and if there are going to be any good deals. When I went to the section for DVDs they had several titles I'm very interested in and am wondering if they might get marked down to 40% off. Currently it looks like the sale hasn't started yet.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/holida.../index.asp?r=1

i got it. but i was hoping you had more info than the email lol. im guessing the sale has started already, as the website and email state "up to 40%" off. i hope i am (like usual) wrong though
Old 10-31-08, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by hindolio
i got it. but i was hoping you had more info than the email lol. im guessing the sale has started already, as the website and email state "up to 40%" off. i hope i am (like usual) wrong though
I was wondering where any of the 40% savings were since I didn't see any. Most of the DVDs looked like they were only 15% to 20% off. Not much of a sale. I thought maybe the sale hadn't offcially started and the prices would get reduced more than what is currently showing up on the page. I'm waiting for a reason to renew my membership but maybe this sale won't be it.
Old 10-31-08, 05:46 PM

The Shining deal that kenbenobi mentioned and I jumped on was a 40% off DVD.
Old 10-31-08, 06:31 PM

I was wondering where any of the 40% savings were since I didn't see any. Most of the DVDs looked like they were only 15% to 20% off. Not much of a sale. I thought maybe the sale hadn't offcially started and the prices would get reduced more than what is currently showing up on the page. I'm waiting for a reason to renew my membership but maybe this sale won't be it.

What I think this sale is doing is simply incorporating the already ongoing 40% Off Sale. In other words, the only things that are actually 40% off are the items that have been on sale for a couple of weeks now. I'm doubting that anything new will be added. Just my two cents on the ad.
Old 10-31-08, 09:15 PM

I think B&N did this last year? I seem to remember getting an email about a Private Preview of the holiday sale and nothing was discounted, but a few days later there were some good deals.
Old 10-31-08, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I was working on placing a final order, but as I feared, my membership expired at midnight EST. I was hoping CST or PST... But that's OK. I was trying to get a toy that was under $25, and forgot that the Visa and Military links won't work for those areas. I would have had to buy something else to get free shipping. I saved money by buying nothing, so I'm better off. Now it's up to B&N to give me a reason to renew. Otherwise I'm done for a while...
Old 11-01-08, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by beebs
My AAA site (Oregon) features a new Barnes and Nobel link image. It says the discount doubles (current discount is 5%) starting Nov 1st. Looks like another holiday season of 10% off.

-beebs
Looks like the 10% offer is active today at the AAA link.
Old 11-01-08, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I didn't think it was possible, but B&N just got worse. You can no longer use coupons if you link from anything like e bates, fatwallet, or live.com. If you link from one of those sites, you see a banner on the B&N homepage. That part is handy. But I tried to check out, and it rejected my coupon (it was working fine before I decided to get some cash back on the order). B&N is really clamping down on good deals. It is becoming more and more apparent that they do not want me to renew...
Old 11-01-08, 09:16 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
You may be able to beat that if you use live.com Ive gotten rebates from them if I went through their site on previous occasions to the time I went to the site within a few hours. So go to live and then go without linking. Im not guaranteeing it but that happened at deep discount when I forgot to link prior to my transaction.
Old 11-01-08, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Was the problem related to trying to renew a membership? I just ran a test through e bates and was able to get a coupon to work with one of the 10% non-member coupon codes since my membership is expired. There was a similar problem a few monthes ago trying to use coupons with memberships through the AAA, Military.com, and Visa links. Not sure if it was intentional or a glitch, but eventually the coupons started working again.

I also noticed e bates raised the cash back discount to 8%. I don't know if that is causing the problem on e bates. Have the other web sites raised their cash back discounts?

Edit: I checked live.com and it still is at 6%. FW is 4%.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 11-02-08 at 12:12 AM.
Old 11-02-08, 12:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Was the problem related to trying to renew a membership? I just ran a test through e bates and was able to get a coupon to work with one of the 10% non-member coupon codes since my membership is expired. There was a similar problem a few monthes ago trying to use coupons with memberships through the AAA, Military.com, and Visa links. Not sure if it was intentional or a glitch, but eventually the coupons started working again.

I also noticed e bates raised the cash back discount to 8%. I don't know if that is causing the problem on e bates. Have the other web sites raised their cash back discounts?

Edit: I checked live.com and it still is at 6%. FW is 4%.
No, I'm not trying to renew my membership. The problem seems to be related to the B&N mastercard coupon N7P8K9P (which is a non-member coupon). It works fine by itself, but it will not work through e bates, FW, or Live. I'm not sure why they would single out that one coupon to prevent double-dipping, but apparently they have...
Old 11-02-08, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've used the Mastercard code 3 times and never had any problems. One time was with a members account. However I don't remember if I ever used it going through e bates or live.com. Never used FW. If I did it would have been with the members account, and my order would have had to qualify for free shipping. I have no idea why the coupon will not work going through any of those web sites. I wonder if it is the only coupon being effected? Since my B&N membership expired I cannot check any of the members coupons.
Old 11-02-08, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I've used the Mastercard code 3 times and never had any problems. One time was with a members account. However I don't remember if I ever used it going through e bates or live.com. Never used FW. If I did it would have been with the members account, and my order would have had to qualify for free shipping. I have no idea why the coupon will not work going through any of those web sites. I wonder if it is the only coupon being effected? Since my B&N membership expired I cannot check any of the members coupons.
I definitely used this coupon through e bates and live in the past, both on member and non member accounts. I never tried FW before. So they definitely changed it. Well, I guess I'm glad they didn't disable it for ALL coupons. Maybe a 25% one will still come along that will work with them. I know, I know, wishful thinking. With Black Friday rapidly approaching, I am losing faith each day that we'll ever see a good coupon again. They seem to be restricting us more and more, and giving us less...
All I can say it, they surely lost a TON of members after 10/31, since soooo many people signed up last year to use the 50% off coupon. You would think they'd try to rectify that situation...
Old 11-02-08, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It's possible there might be a glitch with the coupon, and it will start working again through those web sites.

I'm still hoping the 25% coupons are coming very soon now that November is here. A bunch of coupons are expiring November 10, so maybe some better coupons will replace them. But if they don't start showing up within the next couple of weeks I have my doubts since Black Friday will almost be upon us.
Old 11-06-08, 10:04 AM

The Budd Boetticher set has finally gone to 30% off. I picked it up using the $5 off coupon and the site took the $5 off twice, both as one of my "discounts" (where coupons and membership discounts usually are) and at the end of the order.

EDIT: I wouldn't recommend using the $5 off coupon expecting it to be $10 because my email receipt went back to being only $5 off.

Last edited by souvenir; 11-06-08 at 12:04 PM.
Old 11-06-08, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by souvenir
The Budd Boetticher set has finally gone to 30% off. I picked it up using the $5 off coupon and the site took the $5 off twice, both as one of my "discounts" (where coupons and membership discounts usually are) and at the end of the order.
Thanks for that! Another Boetticher set sold.

While I'm here, another thumbs up for LASERMOVIES, the reason I've just renewed my membership.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.