Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Old 05-05-10, 01:07 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by Brent L
I must be blind, I still don't see the guest checkout option.
The way I've been able to use the guest checkout is to make sure you're signed out of the site, then add the items to your cart. Once in the cart, click the 'proceed to checkout' button at the bottom. On the next page, click the 'checkout' button again. That leads to finishing the order as a guest, l believe.
Old 05-05-10, 01:08 AM
Cool New Member

heehee, Jinks, owe me a Coke...
Old 05-05-10, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the tips.

I'm looking over every BD $25 and under, not finding any deals, but I'm noticing lots of stuff coming out that I had no idea was coming out on BD. I mean, freakin' Dr. Giggles on BD? Incredible.
Old 05-05-10, 01:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
That's the one. Found out it was already working yesterday, and it's not supposed to expire until June 1. Should work fine as long as you use it at the GSA bookstore with or without a membership.
Thank's Laser. I'm off to do some browsing. And nice addition on post #3. You should get some kind of employee discount from B&N, as much business as you bring in.
Old 05-05-10, 01:29 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Brent L
I'm noticing lots of stuff coming out that I had no idea was coming out on BD. I mean, freakin' Dr. Giggles on BD? Incredible.
No doubt that everyone needs the much improved picture and sound for that film...

I'm looking at another order for 'The Notebook' and 'Casablanca' blus - the total would only be $31.48. It's only $1 less than getting them from Amazon though; maybe they'll drop in price soon.
Old 05-05-10, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I tried making two purchases as a guest and it remembered I used the coupon with the same email on the second attempt. So much for a loophole.
Old 05-05-10, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I tried making two purchases as a guest and it remembered I used the coupon with the same email on the second attempt. So much for a loophole.
Yup, I tried a 2nd order too and it didn't work on the same email. You can still checkout as a guest with a different email and use the coupon again. At least then you do not have to create passwords every time you want to order.

Last edited by Kal Varnsen; 05-05-10 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 05-05-10, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by BillyMM
I used the GSA link and 20% off coupon today to get the 'District B13 / District 13: Ultimatum' blu-ray set for a total of $18.10 shipped. I thought that $9.05 per blu-ray was a nice deal, especially for a fan of these pics (like moi). The current Amazon price for this blu-ray set is $30.

Thanks again, LASERMOVIES, for the links and coupon codes. Awesome.
Yeah, I saw that too... Great deal for sure! I already have the first one though.
Old 05-05-10, 01:30 PM

I was just checking it out and it is there. Make sure you are completely signed out first. Add something to your cart and proceed to check out. During check out on the left side it said I could either create an account or check out as a guest. I never noticed it before, but I usually sign into my account from the home page before I add anything to my cart. Looks like you only need to supply a email address and no password. However I wonder if you use the same email and coupon if it will go through multiple times as a guest.
I was finally able to get free shipping with the GSA link, as you suggested signing in prior to adding anything to the cart does it. Happy Days.
Old 05-05-10, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

I accidentally checked "Tax Exempt" on an order. It's still marked as "pending/not shipped".

Does anyone know how Amazon will handle/correct this?

Thanks.
Old 05-05-10, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
I accidentally checked "Tax Exempt" on an order. It's still marked as "pending/not shipped".

Does anyone know how Amazon will handle/correct this?

Thanks.
No, but are you sure you clicked "Tax Exempt"? The order I just placed has "Exempt" were the tax amount would normally be and I didn't click on anything requesting exemption. Might be a glitch but I did just receive an email saying my order is scheduled to ship tomorrow.
Old 05-05-10, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

Used the guest checkout with another e-mail, along with the GSA 20% off coupon to get Nightmare On Elm Street (Bd) for $14.20 ($15.40 w/ tax) express shipped.
This will likely show up for $12.99 at Best Buy at some point, but it's another one I'm tired of waiting for, and the $1.20 isn't enough to quibble about- especially with the express shipping.

Got an e-mail early this morning that Zhivago was going to be delayed 1-5 days, but then I just got an email now with the tracking info, and it's already in town. so it should get delivered tomorrow. Nice!

Shame the online coupons are one time use only.
Old 05-05-10, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Watson2
No, but are you sure you clicked "Tax Exempt"? The order I just placed has "Exempt" were the tax amount would normally be and I didn't click on anything requesting exemption. Might be a glitch but I did just receive an email saying my order is scheduled to ship tomorrow.
Hmmm....maybe the same think I did. We shall see.
Old 05-05-10, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm unable to use GSA1020. Not sure why, since the book in my cart is available to ship in 24 hours. The cart tells me it's not eligible. Hmm.
Old 05-05-10, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by illennium
I'm unable to use GSA1020. Not sure why, since the book in my cart is available to ship in 24 hours. The cart tells me it's not eligible. Hmm.
Did you use the GSA link?
Old 05-05-10, 04:15 PM

Yes. It just seems to be that one particular book that doesn't work. When I replace it with another, the coupon works fine. Possibly a restriction that I'm unaware of, or a glitch.
Old 05-06-10, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Using the GSA link and 20% coupon, I ordered John Kenneth Muir's book Horror Films of the 1980s for $36.27 shipped, $11.69 cheaper than Amazon. Nice deal.
Old 05-06-10, 07:08 PM
Cool New Member

They are having a BBC sale right now. I picked up Father Ted: The Definitive Collection with the GSA coupon for $34.15. I've wanted it for a while but at that price I had to pull the trigger.
Old 05-06-10, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks to the OP for all the work digging up the savings and coupons.

I picked up The Prisoner Complete Series on Blu-ray for $38. It's on sale for $49.99 so after the GSA 11% discount and 20% off coupon it dropped to $35.59 plus tax.
Old 05-06-10, 11:05 PM

John Adams and Generation Kill can each be had on Blu-ray for around $28. (Assuming the sale is still on... I checked yesterday.)
Old 05-07-10, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by gonzoisking
They are having a BBC sale right now. I picked up Father Ted: The Definitive Collection with the GSA coupon for $34.15. I've wanted it for a while but at that price I had to pull the trigger.
Thanks for pointing this out. I just bought Fawlty Towers remastered for $26.76 shipped (counting my 5% B&N MC discount). I sold my older set on Ebay two months ago for $33, and was looking for a good deal on this. Amazon wants $36.49, so I saved 10 bucks!
Old 05-07-10, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So, does anyone know who this GSA link is meant for? When I hear GSA, all I can think of is Girls Scouts of America. But I can't picture little girls in uniforms shopping at B&N's website, lol...
Old 05-07-10, 08:26 AM

LOL. I was wondering that too. Maybe the Gay/Straight Alliance? Is that a real thing? Gay guys love to read, don't they?
Old 05-07-10, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
So, does anyone know who this GSA link is meant for? When I hear GSA, all I can think of is Girls Scouts of America. But I can't picture little girls in uniforms shopping at B&N's website, lol...
GSA = Government Services Administration

GSA oversees the business of the U.S. federal government and the GSA’s acquisition solutions (GSA Advantage) supplies federal purchasers with cost-effective high-quality products and services from commercial vendors.

From the Barnes & Noble website: Barnes & Noble.com is pleased to be a GSA Schedule contractor. Government employees may use GSA Schedule Number GS02F0025J to purchase from our huge online inventory of books.
Using your government-issued credit card, simply shop at Barnes & Noble.com and your GSA discount will automatically be applied at checkout. If you use another form of payment other than a government-issued credit card, contact our Government Support Team at [email protected] for additional ordering information.

There you go.
Old 05-07-10, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for the heads-up on Father Ted. Purchased!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.