Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-10, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

^ OK, I see now. I was using my "alternate account". Got my Zhivago straw-man to show up at $14.21 + tax.
Old 05-04-10, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
^ OK, I see now. I was using my "alternate account". Got my Zhivago straw-man to show up at $14.21 + tax.
If you throw in a $10 or more CD and can get your order total to $50 it should take off an additional $10 along with the $5 off Zhivago. You can combine all the offers.
Old 05-04-10, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
If you throw in a $10 or more CD and can get your order total to $50 it should take off an additional $10 along with the $5 off Zhivago. You can combine all the offers.
Thanks.....if only.....
Old 05-04-10, 02:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I use a link that supposedly has free shipping I'm told I need to spend $25, I know I use to get free shipping with the military link. All this as a non member, what's up?
Old 05-04-10, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Watson2
When I use a link that supposedly has free shipping I'm told I need to spend $25, I know I use to get free shipping with the military link. All this as a non member, what's up?
Are you sure you're using the GSA Bookstore link?
Old 05-04-10, 03:32 PM

Are you sure you're using the GSA Bookstore link?
Yes, I tried a few of the links Laser posted and they all wanted a $25 total for free shipping. I just tried the link you posted, no free shipping for me. I did try clearing my cookies with out success.
Old 05-04-10, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

^ Very, very strange. I signed out, tried again, and get the free shipping option every time, even with just a $7 item in my cart.
Old 05-04-10, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just tried it a short time ago and it appeared if it was not working. It looked like the regular B&N web site. Now it appears if it is working again.
Old 05-04-10, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Maybe they were trying to figure out why the GSA Bookstore site was suddenly experiencing such a massive spike in traffic!
Old 05-04-10, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Maybe they were trying to figure out why the GSA Bookstore site was suddenly experiencing such a massive spike in traffic!
Maybe the site is crashing.

Hopefully they don't pull the coupon early.
Old 05-04-10, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

I went back and was able to use the second $5 off coupon with the GSA store on The Music Man (Blu ray)- $15.50 ($17 w/ tax). Sick of waiting for Best Buy to put this on sale, so I'm very happy with that price. Been jonesing for this one for 4 years now.
Was almost going to use the coupon on Mad Men S3 (Blu), but $36 w/ tax is still too much for me now. I'm confident this will see a ~$25 sale price sometime in the next couple of months, so I can wait. And if not, it will average out to about $27 when the B2G1 sale rolls around in June.

Last edited by Paul_SD; 05-04-10 at 04:40 PM.
Old 05-04-10, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Anyone know when pre-orders become in-stock? There are a few pre-orders that are released on June 1st. The 20% coupon ends on June 1st at 2:59am EST. I'm wondering if I'll be able to use the coupon with them, or if it won't be in-stock until after the coupon is expired...
Old 05-04-10, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Anyone know when pre-orders become in-stock? There are a few pre-orders that are released on June 1st. The 20% coupon ends on June 1st at 2:59am EST. I'm wondering if I'll be able to use the coupon with them, or if it won't be in-stock until after the coupon is expired...
I was able to order Dr. Zhivago with a coupon around 12:30 AM EST or 9:30 PM PST. I think it probably was considered officially released at 12 AM, so I could have ordered sooner. If it has a lower pre-order price though not sure if you can get a order in before they increase it. By the time I came back to order Zhivago it was already a dollar more than the pre-order price. It's possible there might be a small window to exploit to get an order in before the increase.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 05-04-10 at 05:38 PM.
Old 05-04-10, 06:28 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

I was able to get similar prices at wbshop.com on Zhivago and Music Man blu when the 10 dollar coupon was working. I think music man blu is less than 15.00 before any coupon there as a wb insider.

Last edited by g; 05-04-10 at 06:30 PM.
Old 05-04-10, 08:35 PM

It seems B&N coupons are no longer stackable w/ other offers. Maybe someone already noted this, but I just found out....
Old 05-04-10, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I got "Dr. Zhivago" for $14.21. The account kept saying I was Tax Exempt and I couldn't figure out how to change it, but after I checked out, it said if I don't fax them my tax exemption papers within 72 hours, they'll just charge me tax, which is fine. $15.06 total for this is great.
Old 05-04-10, 10:26 PM

Though this is not specifically related to a B&N coupon, rather a current in-store sale:

Observed today in my local B&N: I find it rather funny that various DVD and Blu season sets of Nip/Tuck are being included in "Gifts for Mom"!

People must have some Mum's with in-ter-esting tastes!

Old 05-04-10, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi

I'm gonna use that coupon SOOOOO many times (on multiple accounts, of course, since I doubt you can use it more than once on an individual account)
No need to create a bunch of extra accounts. Just checkout as a guest. I used the coupon on a guest checkout and it worked.
Old 05-04-10, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Am I missing something? Are non-members already using a 20% coupon? I only see one 20% coupon good for everyone and that isn't valid until the 7th.
Old 05-05-10, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by laserken
It seems B&N coupons are no longer stackable w/ other offers. Maybe someone already noted this, but I just found out....
It has been mentioned and discussed if you are referring to B&N member discounts vanishing. You may want to read through earlier posts in this thread starting on April 30. If you have a membership it's quickly becoming worthless.

Originally Posted by Kal Varnsen
No need to create a bunch of extra accounts. Just checkout as a guest. I used the coupon on a guest checkout and it worked.
I didn't realize you could checkout as a guest. I would assume you could use coupons an unlimited amount of times that way, or at least coupons not requiring a membership. I'm going to have to remember that one. Thanks!

Originally Posted by dino88
Am I missing something? Are non-members already using a 20% coupon? I only see one 20% coupon good for everyone and that isn't valid until the 7th.
That's the one. Found out it was already working yesterday, and it's not supposed to expire until June 1. Should work fine as long as you use it at the GSA bookstore with or without a membership.
Old 05-05-10, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I just did this deal for Dr. Zhivago ($15.xx) and then for Red Cliffs 1 & 2 International ($16.xx).

Thanks for the tips guys!

Where in the world do you check out as a guest? I don't see that anywhere.

Last edited by Brent L; 05-05-10 at 12:48 AM.
Old 05-05-10, 12:49 AM
Cool New Member

I used the GSA link and 20% off coupon today to get the 'District B13 / District 13: Ultimatum' blu-ray set for a total of $18.10 shipped. I thought that $9.05 per blu-ray was a nice deal, especially for a fan of these pics (like moi). The current Amazon price for this blu-ray set is $30.

Thanks again, LASERMOVIES, for the links and coupon codes. Awesome.
Old 05-05-10, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

BillyMM, that's another deal I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on. There's gotta be more that would be worth it buried somewhere.

I must be blind, I still don't see the guest checkout option.
Old 05-05-10, 12:57 AM
Cool New Member

Another really great feature of the GSA link is the expedited shipping for free - I placed my order yesterday (May 4), and it's scheduled to arrive today (May 5) via UPS. Now that's FAST shipping.
Old 05-05-10, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Brent L
BillyMM, that's another deal I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on. There's gotta be more that would be worth it buried somewhere.

I must be blind, I still don't see the guest checkout option.
I was just checking it out and it is there. Make sure you are completely signed out first. Add something to your cart and proceed to check out. During check out on the left side it said I could either create an account or check out as a guest. I never noticed it before, but I usually sign into my account from the home page before I add anything to my cart. Looks like you only need to supply a email address and no password. However I wonder if you use the same email and coupon if it will go through multiple times as a guest.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.