DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-17-17, 10:12 AM   -   Wikipost
DVD Talk Forum Thread Wiki: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only like the Welcome Package. Also remember that any preliminary codes are just that and BN could pull it, change the details or exclusions anything prior to release so always a bit of YMMV until the final release date

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc. There are glitches where sometimes an excluded item will be allowed but assume that is the exception to the rule
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Max 3 GC on a single online order.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order
Return period is 14 days after delivery (possibly 30 days for members though I've never tried)
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept
The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016

STORE ONLY 15% OFF Coupons -- Unknown if multi-use or if will work on 40% Off Items
15% OFF Single Item Exp 12/31/2017 (I)
15% OFF Single Item Exp 12/31/2017 (II)
15% OFF Single Item Exp 6/30/2017 (III)

Upcoming possible codes -- let me know if you find they;re active
SUMJULY17
ILOVEBN -- ? $5 off $35 may be on selected items
SAVEMORE -- I think this is an old coupon that is expired, but occ BN does recycle codes
BNBEACH15 -- likely an old code

"New Member" Welcome Coupons ONLINE ONLY EXPIRES ONLINE August 28, 2017 2:59am ET -- these should be one-time use per member online, but so far appear to be re-useable
M9A8N4E $10 off $40+ "Home & Gift" Single Item
R9M3X8V $5 off $20+ Toy or Game Single Item
Y9V3W9J $15 off Any Turntable
U7A4V4M $5 off Vinyl LP (THIS DOESN'T APPEAR TO WORK ON CDs)
U3F7K3D $5 off $50 or more total Purchase
C3M9W9M $5 off one DVD/Blu-ray priced $10 or higher

"New Member" Printable IN-STORE MEMBER ONLY Coupons Expire end of business August 27, 2017
In store Free Tall Caffé Latte with Any Café Purchase
In store $15 Off One Turntable
In store $5 Off One Vinyl LP
In Store $5 Off One DVD/Blu-ray price of $10+
In store $5 off $50 Total Transaction

Print Wikipost

Old 05-14-17, 11:02 AM   #12626
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopin100 View Post
Hello!

Any idea if there is any $5 off $50 or $8 off blu-ray over $40 or $5 off CD over $15 or buy-1-latte-get-1-free-latte coupon code?

Thank you!
As far as I'm aware the coupons still exist - or at least the "more than $50 in coupons" still advertised as part of a new membership package.

The problem is that BN changed where those coupons were staged last summer and they are for all intents hidden in plain site somewhere stored in 16M website addresses. I don't have the computer skills to automate a search that many addresses to find them -- in the past pretty much all coupons were within a 50-100 address rolling block so it was pretty easy to find them. Or at least that's how I think LaserMovies found them for years and certainly the the way I did it for the last 2-3 years

Unless someone is willing to share their Welcome Email or links (like for the Feb coupons) I suspect we'll continue to have no or sporadic access to those.
Old 05-15-17, 12:00 AM   #12627

MOREISMORE
10% off $35 or more, 15% off $60 or more

valid from May 15, 2017 at 12:01am to May 18, 2017 at 2:59am Eastern Time
Old 05-17-17, 07:24 PM   #12628

Someone mentioned the 2nd long term 15% link is now dead so hopefullly folks printed and saved some copies for the rest of the year. If they are still active at some point maybe someone might post them on a pic site or they can be shared via emails

Also be on the lookout fro new mailer coupons -- at least one person received today with the normal 2 coupons 20% off Item with exp date 6/18
Old 05-20-17, 10:56 AM   #12629

20% Off Online Single Item -- expect it to work online only, but there is a chance it might work instore. If you try it in store, please report the results
UM2JEPTJDFNG4 - exp 6/19 2:59am ET
Old 05-22-17, 10:38 AM   #12630

Interesting new coupon

$5.00 off every $50.00 you spend up to $500.00
BOOKSMART
Expires May 28, 2017 at 2:59am Eastern Time

this does work in multiples of $50 -- $10 off 100, 15 off 150, etc
It does work on some if not all textbooks which is somewhat unusual

Details
Spoiler:

Online Coupon BOOKSMART Details
This coupon can be redeemed online at BN.com and is valid only once per customer, per billing address.

This coupon is valid from May 22, 2017 at 12:01am to May 28, 2017 at 2:59am Eastern Time.

This coupon entitles you to $5.00 off every $50.00 you spend up to $500.00, including new textbooks, used textbooks, and rental textbooks, while supplies last. The discount will be deducted after all other eligible discounts are applied.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Moleskine Smart Writing Set Paper Tablet and Pen+, Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, eGift Cards, gift-wrapping, marketplace textbooks, digital content (including but not limited to NOOK Books™, NOOK Magazines™, and NOOK Periodicals), NOOK® devices, NOOK Accessories that are already discounted, other select hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, Da Vinci Jr 3D Printer, Online Clearance, and all LEGO® items in the Toys & Games Department (visit http://www.barnesandnoble.com/h/term...pon-exclusions for more details), in-store purchases of Print Magazines, or products marked as not eligible for coupons or promotional discounts, (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.COM website (e.g., used books, etc.); (v) not valid on applicable sales tax or shipping or handling expenses; (vi) may not be combined with any other coupon or some promotional discounts when noted; and (vii) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid at Barnes & Noble retail bookstores or at Barnes & Noble College bookstores or websites. Void where prohibited by law.

This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Barnes & Noble is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors.
Old 05-22-17, 05:03 PM   #12631
Cool New Member

Quote:
20% Off Online Single Item
UM2JEPTJDFNG4 - exp 6/19 2:59am ET

15% off One Item Online -- All Customers -- re-usable online. Unknown Expiration
9DAWJ1Z88Z134
NKMMWDZJXAE73
VP5ZZ6QN15VUU
UKTSTGZRDURTL
SLDJ4YKZSZKPA
SQ63RKJ3FTF48
N1BBG1DNGW6AF
3DFK58XQZ9AC4
9FBB4LT8D32KS
CN2QAS5VJSQ54
DEXWXAT2199K1
EASTWGZS8XJP4
QR59YQMGEANX8
All the above codes are now returning "already claimed"... either this is a misrepresented expired msg or they finally nixed reusable codes
Old 05-23-17, 09:20 AM   #12632
ilm

All codes are coming back as already used to me too
Old 05-23-17, 11:41 AM   #12633

Several reports now of the new message -- that's not even the message they used to give when a coupon was used so it's possible they really have flipped some switch. The only code I can find that works online is the "5 off each 50" BOOKSMART code. It will be interesting to see if that is a one time per account code as well

A very bad turn if that's the case going forward. I'll guess we'll see when the next set of codes come out if this is a one time purge of old codes or a new thing.
I'll keep the WIKI where it is right now, but I'm not optimistic
Old 05-23-17, 01:57 PM   #12634
Cool New Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
Several reports now of the new message -- that's not even the message they used to give when a coupon was used so it's possible they really have flipped some switch.
Anyone have a snail mail code that they've already claimed themselves and are willing to post or pm for reuse testing? I'm still waiting on mine to come in the mail.
Old 05-23-17, 02:36 PM   #12635

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernSlave View Post
Anyone have a snail mail code that they've already claimed themselves and are willing to post or pm for reuse testing? I'm still waiting on mine to come in the mail.
The currently listed 20% code is a snail mail code that came with the last set. It certainly would be nice to see what other people are seeing on used codes though and how they work.

After someone uses one in store, will it still work online. If used online will it work again for the same person or for a different user. I have a much harder time believing they'd scour a thread like this and inactivate just a posted code, but leave the loophole for additional codes.

BN often sends a 15% store/online code for someone signing up a new email -- that's where the majority of those 15% codes originated. It might be worthwhile for someone to try to sign up a new email -- not sure the dot blind trick works for those type codes though or if you have to sign up for the Be In the Know box or specifically in teh "New Customer" popup that I see when I use a cache/cookie cleaned browser
Old 05-24-17, 07:42 AM   #12636

Quote:
The currently listed 20% code is a snail mail code that came with the last set. It certainly would be nice to see what other people are seeing on used codes though and how they work.

After someone uses one in store, will it still work online. If used online will it work again for the same person or for a different user. I have a much harder time believing they'd scour a thread like this and inactivate just a posted code, but leave the loophole for additional codes.

BN often sends a 15% store/online code for someone signing up a new email -- that's where the majority of those 15% codes originated. It might be worthwhile for someone to try to sign up a new email -- not sure the dot blind trick works for those type codes though or if you have to sign up for the Be In the Know box or specifically in teh "New Customer" popup that I see when I use a cache/cookie cleaned browser
I just used one of the snail mail codes I received. When trying to use it again, I got the "already claimed" message. Looks like they've finally fixed the loophole.
Old 05-24-17, 10:46 AM   #12637

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathman View Post
I just used one of the snail mail codes I received. When trying to use it again, I got the "already claimed" message. Looks like they've finally fixed the loophole.
I hate to feel bad since all those extra multi-use codes weren't really supposed to happen anyway, but it feels like a bigger hit than it ought to.

We're really back to what most pre mid-2014 when there were few long term multiuse codes other than the occasional Customer Service code. Did we lose something now or just playing with house money for 2 years that most of us never expected to last more than a cycle or two anyway.

If we ever get the Member Welcome Coupons back it will be interesting to see how those work online or in-store now. At some point will BN go back to individual ID 15% biweekly non-member codes?

I can confirm that signing up for the "Be In the Know" box does generate a 15% Welcome Code a day later. Whether this will be multiuse in store is yet to be determined, but my assumption is that it will be single use online.
Old 05-24-17, 12:41 PM   #12638
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
I can confirm that signing up for the "Be In the Know" box does generate a 15% Welcome Code a day later. Whether this will be multiuse in store is yet to be determined, but my assumption is that it will be single use online.
That's good to know... I signed up with a "throw away" account yesterday and the first email was within minutes but was essentially nothing more than "Welcome!" and had no % off code. I'll check that account later today for a 15% off one and give it a test. I have a gift card burning a hole in my pocket and the 15% off code will drop the price of what I'm looking to pick up to within $.50 of the gift card amount.
Old 05-25-17, 01:18 AM   #12639

15% Off One Item

Store Coupon U4Y8X9C and Online Coupon MEM2017 Details:

valid at BN.com from May 25, 2017 at 12:01am to May 30, 2017 at 2:59am Eastern Time, and at Barnes & Noble stores from May 25, 2017 to May, 29 2017 at close of business.
Old 05-26-17, 11:53 PM   #12640
Cool New Member

Testing reusability on the 20% member coupon for Memorial Day resulted in "already claimed" (once in store success, once online failed). Silver lining, 15% MEM2017 still a free for all.
Old 05-27-17, 01:29 AM   #12641
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Any idea when the next Criterion half off sale could be?
Old 05-27-17, 09:23 AM   #12642

July and Nov every year since 2009 so pretty good chance it will stay the same.

Sometimes in early-mid June some BN will list the exact date, but my guess would be July 4-Aug 1 though sometimes the holiday changes teh start date slightly
Old 05-27-17, 02:06 PM   #12643

Terrible news about them getting rid of the re-usable coupons. I actually kept my membership because it turned out to save me a ton throughout the year. Now, I think this is it for barnes and noble for me. I'll gladly use the 20% off coupons when they show up but once my membership ends I'm done.
Old 05-30-17, 06:49 PM   #12644

The wiki just got really ugly with virtually no active codes and not a single online code of any sort. It's been a very long time since this has been the case. I even tried to get CSR to give me a generic 20% code since they missed sending the mailers coupons this cycle, but either there aren't any or they just wouldn't do it.

The 2 long term 15% off with the exp date 12/31/2017 still work according to one report, but the links to print those were removed so if you have prints left, scan them and save them for use when needed.
Old 05-31-17, 11:48 PM   #12645

15% off Single item online. --Click for Printable Store Coupon
Store Coupon P8E3U8A and Online Coupon 15JUNE17
expiration 6/5 2:59amET

Members should be receiving a 20% UNique ID one time use coupon

Last edited by hariseldon; 06-01-17 at 08:43 AM.
Old 06-02-17, 06:17 PM   #12646
DVD Talk Gold Edition

According to a blu-ray.com poster, the 40% off sale starts off on June 13th; the exceptions being Disney, Marvel, and the Criterion Collection.
Old 06-04-17, 01:49 PM   #12647
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Anyone have a spare 20% code they aren't using?
Old 06-04-17, 11:15 PM   #12648

I was thinking this might be next weekend, but an early week code

THANKSDAD
10% discount on $40+ purchases or a 15% discount on $60+ purchases
expires 6/8 2:59am ET

40% Sale seems to be confirmed running from June 13 through June 19
No idea on whether DVDs are included this June or how coupons will be handled
Excluded items -- Disney, Marvel, Criterions

As usual all other Blurays should be included in store (or ship to home store generated orders)
Online it will probably be the usual 60-65% of Blurays.

No information yet on the Criterion Sale
Old 06-04-17, 11:49 PM   #12649
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:

No information yet on the Criterion Sale
From Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/criterion/c...tarts_july_11/

Supposedly, he works at Barnes and Noble. I don't know when it will end, though.
Old 06-05-17, 12:15 AM   #12650

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinCB View Post
From Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/criterion/c...tarts_july_11/

Supposedly, he works at Barnes and Noble. I don't know when it will end, though.
I think that poster has been quite reliable for past sales so I'll go with that. I was thinking the 1st Tuesday might be the start, but since that was 7/4 figured it might push it back so ending on eitehr 7/31 or 8/7 would be a good guess (most likely the latter). 2009/2010/2011 it started the 2nd Tuesday, 5 out of last 6 years it's started the Tuesday after July 4th with the only exception being 2014 it started 7/1 (and even that year it was intially reported for 7/8).

Last edited by hariseldon; 06-05-17 at 12:48 AM.