Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-08, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks that explains it. B&N did something recently so coupons will no longer work for members through the Visa, Military, and AAA links. Believe it or not only a non-member can use a coupon through Visa and the other links now. You either need to order through the regular B&N.com web site with your membership, or set up a non-member account to go through the Visa link to use coupons. We started a conversation on this subject starting at post #92 you may want to check out.
Old 08-25-08, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The non-member method is best for items 10% off because I could never get the % VISA discount as a member. For items with a greater than 10% member discount you have to determine what's better free shipping or XX% discount. I think I got that right?

Edit: I guess that XX% should be XX-10 (or 5 if/when VISA drops back), where XX is the members discount.

Edit2: (XX-10)-NMC, don't forget that non-member coupon. Confused yet, I am?

Last edited by Watson2; 08-25-08 at 05:16 PM.
Old 08-27-08, 07:09 AM

BN.com cashback via Live.com is now over 15% - add that in with the current 40% off sale, Visa link or member discount, 20% off coupon and you can get some very good deals (Like the Seinfeld collection). Some other very high cash back amounts via other sites (most have just recently increased).
Old 08-27-08, 07:36 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by lakeland951
BN.com cashback via Live.com is now over 15% - add that in with the current 40% off sale, Visa link or member discount, 20% off coupon and you can get some very good deals (Like the Seinfeld collection). Some other very high cash back amounts via other sites (most have just recently increased).
How can one use the visa link and also go through Live.com can that be done if so how?

Thanks
Old 08-27-08, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Three Stooges v3 dropped to 30% again. Just ordered it for $13.30 shipped with Visa link and 20% discount (and used a gift card to boot!) Unfortunately couldn't use the live.com link since I needed to get free shipping since it was a cheap title. But I'll take advantage of that 15% deal later...
Old 08-27-08, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by RagingJake21
How can one use the visa link and also go through Live.com can that be done if so how?

Thanks
You can't. You need to pick whatever is worth more to you. If it is a title that would qualify for free shipping without the visa link, then live.com would be a greater savings (granted, you'd have to wait longer to get the cash back).
Old 08-27-08, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
You can't. You need to pick whatever is worth more to you. If it is a title that would qualify for free shipping without the visa link, then live.com would be a greater savings (granted, you'd have to wait longer to get the cash back).
Thanks.
Old 08-27-08, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The Office S4 is at 30% off now as well, in case anyone is looking for suggestions...

Last edited by kenbenobi; 08-27-08 at 08:01 AM.
Old 08-27-08, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

You can't use coupons through Live.com if you are a member, either. I just tried. BUMMER!!!
It worked for me no problem.
Old 08-27-08, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by starman9000

I just tried to order the Seinfeld collection through Live.com using the 15% coupon after i placed the order and went back to my Live.com account and saw i got no cashback. Is it because i'm not a member or you can't use a coupon when your using Live.com. Am i doing something wrong. Help!!!

Last edited by RagingJake21; 08-27-08 at 09:20 AM.
Old 08-27-08, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RagingJake21
I just tried to order the Seinfeld collection through Live.com using the 15% coupon after i placed the order and went back to my Live.com account and saw i got no cashback. Is it because i'm not a member or you can't use a coupon when your using Live.com. Am i doing something wrong. Help!!!
It took five days for my B&N cashback to appear online, while my Deep Discount orders were credited immediately. You didn't do anything wrong, Barnes & Noble is just slow to report the sale to Live.com.
Old 08-27-08, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by starman9000
I deleted my post pretty quickly after I posted it. You were fast! I'm not sure what my problem was. I was getting rejected for both 20% coupons. But I did get them to work seconds after I posted that, and deleted my post shortly thereafter...
Old 08-27-08, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by SkullOrchard
It took five days for my B&N cashback to appear online, while my Deep Discount orders were credited immediately. You didn't do anything wrong, Barnes & Noble is just slow to report the sale to Live.com.
I'm glad you said that. My credit didn't appear right away either, so thought I screwed something up since DD credit showed right away...
Old 08-28-08, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Darn, I just tried to squeeze in one more order through the 10% off Visa link, but it's dead. I'm sure it will be back, but only at 5% of course...
Old 08-28-08, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Darn, I just tried to squeeze in one more order through the 10% off Visa link, but it's dead. I'm sure it will be back, but only at 5% of course...
It's still showing up as 10% at this link, but not sure for how much longer since it is due to expire very soon.

http://btob.barnesandnoble.com/index.asp?r=1&btob=Ymid%

Last edited by Laser Movies; 08-28-08 at 11:39 PM.
Old 08-28-08, 11:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
It's still showing up as 10% at this link, but not sure for how much longer since it is due to expire very soon.

http://btob.barnesandnoble.com/index.asp?r=1&btob=Ymid%
Although your link takes me to B&N, I'm not getting 10% off (or ANY discount for that matter, not even free shipping) through it... Oh well, not a big deal. I didn't really need this extra item anyway... I've ordered enough lately. Thanks for trying, though. I'm betting that link is where the REDEEM NOW link takes you? Apparently you can't access that link without first going through the other page. You probably accessed it properly on your computer before the link went dead, so you're set until you close your browser (I would assume)...

Last edited by kenbenobi; 08-29-08 at 12:04 AM.
Old 08-29-08, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Weird it's still giving me 10% off in my cart.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 08-10-09 at 08:09 PM.
Old 08-29-08, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
Weird it's still giving me 10% off in my cart.
I tried 3 different browsers just to make sure. No discounts, no free shipping, and not even a reference to Visa whatsoever...
Old 08-29-08, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It's probably because I have had my browser open all day that it's still showing up for me tonight. When I try a different browser I'm not seeing anything either.
Old 08-29-08, 12:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Worked for me a couple of hours ago when I ordered the two Turtles sets.

Must have ended at midnight EST.
Old 08-29-08, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well if anyone hasn't closed their browser before the Visa deal ended they could give the link I posted a try.
Old 09-01-08, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

FYI, I noticed the NNCS link is giving 10% off until Sept. 8. But I couldn't get any coupons to work in conjunction with it, so it doesn't really make it a good deal...
Old 09-02-08, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

FYI, I noticed the NNCS link is giving 10% off until Sept. 8. But I couldn't get any coupons to work in conjunction with it, so it doesn't really make it a good deal...
If you have a non-member account code R3B7X4M works with the 10% discount. Like the other links B&N fixed it so members cannot use coupons. However with the NSCS Bookstore link you do not get no minimum free shipping on orders like you do with the Visa, AAA, and military.com links.
Old 09-02-08, 01:14 AM

At the top of the page you'll see I brought up the same situation and all those links were doing were off setting the free shipping charges. Through the links the coupons were off the MSRP instead of the B&N price. So B&N have now set it up so we now get Free shipping with all our orders. So order going through B&N site [without the links] and then put in the % coupon in, granted it we were all trying to stack them to get a better deal and it's not working anymore.
Old 09-02-08, 05:36 PM

^
Top of page? Do you mean post #101? I had mentioned it earlier (post #92).

Anyway, the only way I found to get free shipping (VISA...) is to use a non-member account and a non-member coupon. Are you saying you can get free shipping on a $10 item using your member account and a member coupon?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.