Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-19, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 178 Likes on 123 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by riderontherain
OK. I went to a Kroger store and the deal is not available. So the only hope is that they would restock the cards online.

On another matter: in addition to the 50% criterion sale, B&N is also running a 50% sale on all Cohen releases right now. Cohen, just like Criterion, issues many arthouse and foreign films.

Technically the Cohen sale is online only. However, one can do a "ship to home" transaction in store to get them. Just make sure the online prices are applied by the sales rep (the 10% membership discount also applies).
The latter may or may not apply. Normally if you are changing the price to match the online price that should negate the 10% member discount. I haven't done a PM on a STH yet, but for an in-store purchase the register takes the 10% first, then the cashier adds the price match only if it's cheaper so it's essentially one or the other. STH and instore are supposed to act the same, but sometimes the details confuse the computer

There have also been a couple reports of people ordering items STH in the last couple weeks where the 10% had to be added manually instead of automatically at the Cashier/Checkout like it has in the past. Nobody is exactly sure if this is a new policy on STH in general or something related to ordering certain titles.

I did a STH order on 11/1 and the member discount applied like it always had -- they were 50% off Criterion preorders. I think the two people being denied at checkout
were doing Arrow Titles.
Old 11-15-19, 03:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jpwilkin
To my knowledge, it has now been essentially one full month since the appearance of any 15% or 20% coupon codes. This, at the start of the busiest retail shopping time of the year. Bye, bye, B&N! No membership renewal for you.
I think there have been times when there have been no coupon codes, but the timing isn't great. I hope they don't go the Borders route of selling items at MSRP and doing away with coupons.
Old 11-21-19, 07:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a snail mail mailer yesterday with ONE 20% off 1 item coupon and the remaining were for chocolates, signed books. etc.
There were always 2, 20% off coupons included with the mailers before. Hopefully more e-mail coupons are coming for holiday shopping.
Old 11-21-19, 01:20 PM

Rarity - 20% off

Hello, everyone - I got a mailer too, the first one since the coupons that expired in July. Mine had one 20% coupon code, exp 12/20 (the Friday before the last shopping weekend before the holiday, which is a weird time for it to expire). I tried to use mine, and the code would not work. I wonder if it's just me getting a bad code, or if this batch has problems? Anyone tried to use the 20% coupon yet?

Customer service verified my item was eligible and the coupon code was good, and they're apparently issuing a credit for the 20%. They wouldn't give me another coupon that worked. I've never had this happen before, so I don't know if that's how they normally handle it.

For me, it's not so much the lack of coupons, but the fact that even with a 20% coupon, the things I order are typically more expensive at B&N than at other places. So even with a 20% coupon, which I haven't had since July, the items I get cost less elsewhere. I just happened to find something that was a couple of dollars cheaper at B&N. (I mostly get books, which are cheaper elsewhere, or at leas the same price. Almost all the books at B&N are now full cover price.)

But happy holidays to everyone, and let's remember LaserMovies and the good old days, which peaked on Labor Day 2016.
Old 11-21-19, 07:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Rarity - 20% off

Originally Posted by DoverMath
Hello, everyone - I got a mailer too, the first one since the coupons that expired in July. Mine had one 20% coupon code, exp 12/20 (the Friday before the last shopping weekend before the holiday, which is a weird time for it to expire). I tried to use mine, and the code would not work. I wonder if it's just me getting a bad code, or if this batch has problems? Anyone tried to use the 20% coupon yet?
I got my mailer today and I tried to use the 20% coupon. No luck. It will not work with any item I put it in the cart. UPDATE: I had the same experience. I was told to place the order and they would give me the 20%.

Last edited by cmleidi; 11-21-19 at 09:55 PM.
Old 11-22-19, 05:43 AM

Re: Rarity - 20% off

I was afraid the whole batch of coupons was bad. To use your coupon, you have to contact customer service. I guess by now they know what's going on. The adjustment they make is not going to show up until you get the final "Billing Summary for Your Recent Barnes & Noble Order" e-mail, where I got a "Refund Total" adjustment. In a store, I guess the cashier (or manager) would override the bad coupon manually. At least they're making it good for members, which is great to see, but it's the kind of black eye they don't need for the holiday season.
Old 11-22-19, 10:46 AM

I tried the 20% coupon code online when I received it two days ago and say to say that it didn't work. My brother tried to use his coupon at the Barnes and Noble store yesterday and it didn't work either. He told me that the cashier wouldn't do an override so he ended up not using the coupon on the purchase. Bummer!
Old 11-22-19, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Seems I remember another time this happened and it took several days after the codes arrived before IT fixed them so they would work.. It seemed they fixed it so well it worked even on items that
normally were blocked so a small possible silver lining. Hopefully by BF they get things worked out though I suspect I won't need mine until mid-late Dec anyway
Old 11-24-19, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

New HappyCard deal -- Kroger Grocery In-Store purchase for Happy Teen $10 off purchase of 2 cards with total $100 (easiest to Buy two $50 cards). I think a couple other regional Grocery Stores have similar deals.
Add Digital Coupon to your account and apply at time of purchase -- exp 12/2

I did convert my previous Happy Cards into $50 B&N cards plus the added $10off$25 Promo Card. They weren't able to figure out a way to do 3 Promo Cards with a single $150 GC so I just split them into separate $50 purchases.
Old 11-26-19, 06:07 AM

The mailer coupon codes have been fixed.
Old 11-26-19, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Another variation of HappyTeen card deal

$20 Off $150 Purchase
Officemax/Office Depot -- Black Friday In-store so dependent on your store carrying the cards
There is an Office Depot/Office Max deal that may apply in a few days -- $20 off $150. I'm pretty sure that it's instore only so you may want to scout your stores to see if they have any instock.
I haven't figured if there is some sort of online Thursday sale, but I'm going to guess not. Plus if you want to flip that into B&N GC during weekend those wouldn't arrive in time. My turnaround from
most of the online Blackhawk GC deals has been a little over a week.

The ad fine print says 11/24-11/30

page 5
https://officedepot.shoplocal.com/of...=1&mode=single

I still haven't been able to find any B&N Black Friday ads or deals. For now I'm assuming the current GC deal runs through at least Sunday.

EDIT
I can confirm that this deal is active in-store today. My store had about 20 of the Happy Teen cards with a sign above it noting the sale. These HappyTeen cards are variable $20-500 loads,
but at checkout I loaded exactly $150 and thEDITe computed deducted the $20 immediately. OTD at $130.

Last edited by hariseldon; 11-26-19 at 02:52 PM.
Old 11-26-19, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just called the store and the B&N GC Deal from early November ended yesterday, but she said a BF In-store deal will start Friday. I will assume it will be similar to the online and prior BF GC deals.

At blu-ray.com in their Criterion thread a poster found this online deal via Google so I'm assuming the in-store version will be pretty much identical to the last few years including the delayed onset Promo Cards.

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/h/ter...ions/giftcards
Old 11-26-19, 09:25 PM
Cool New Member

Thanks to hariseldon's info, I went to a local Office Depot and found a ton of Happy Teens, Had to control myself!!!
Old 11-26-19, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by riderontherain
Thanks to hariseldon's info, I went to a local Office Depot and found a ton of Happy Teens, Had to control myself!!!
Listed as 1 per Customer/Household, but I bet if you go through the line a few times they really won't care. I could make the Kroger Sale, but the OD is a bit better. I knew I was going Out of State this weekend, but
I didn't realize where I'm headed is 40 mi from the closest OD even though there is a B&N in town. I went back and bought a second card tonight from the same cashier -- no problem. I didn't give my phone number which links to my OD Rewards just in case the system might block it. I'll flip them into B&N GC so end up with average of 30% off.

Got to stock up funds hopefully for the next Sales. I don't think I have too much to get from teh usual British TV sale, but I do have a fairly long list on the Allied Vaughn MOD (Warner Archive TV sets especially and Sony) that
I've saved up. Maybe a couple Arrows if that sale is extended to late December like it sounds like or if a couple more Cohens come back. I've hammered the Cohen sale since it's the unique sale out of the trio.
The two 40% sales have turned into my biggest sales of the year since I'm splitting most of the Criterions b/w Flash Sales and B&N.

Last edited by hariseldon; 11-26-19 at 10:30 PM.
Old 11-27-19, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,879 Posts

So no 20-25-30% off Black Friday coupons for B&N this year?

I know the chain is struggling financially, so it isn't surprising if they're doing away with general use coupons.

Old 11-27-19, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Haven't seen one yet, but it's possible they might have an in-store coupon which wouldn't necessarily show up until tomorrow or early Friday morning
Old 11-28-19, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

10% Off Whole Order Black Friday Online order
BLKFRI

EXPIRES 12/1/2019 11:59pm ET

Waiting to see if there is a store coupon for tomorrow
WIth the Midnihgt ET exp I'd bet that means a CyberMonday coupon as well
Old 11-29-19, 10:45 PM

a) I can't believe how this company regularly fucks up simple things like sending working coupons to a paid customer tier who spends a lot of money at the stores.

b) I still haven't gotten this mailer, and I haven't gotten one since July, either.

c) Not having coupons/discounts to compete on Black Friday is corporate malpractice.

I mean, you can have 80% of my money for an item- the cost, minus the 20% (or whatever amount) for a coupon. Or you can have 0% when I go spend my money at a competitor. Your choice. What a joke. Just sad.
Old 11-30-19, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by js2shops
I mean, you can have 80% of my money for an item- the cost, minus the 20% (or whatever amount) for a coupon. Or you can have 0% when I go spend my money at a competitor. Your choice. What a joke. Just sad.
I'm not getting it, either. Who is the new B&N's target customer? It isn't a book buyer, since they've raised prices (mainly through eliminating onlne discounts other retailers have) and reducing coupons to nothing. Membership has gone from a good deal to nothing in recent years, but with the coupons vanishing, you couldn't break even on your $25 fee now. Even with a 20% coupon, their prices aren't as good as places where you don't need to pay $25/year for a membership. Sad to see them decline to this point, but I do have a lot of gratitude for what they allowed me to do over the past few years with their discounts. Time to move on. But who is going to be left as their customer base?

We haven't heard anything about those $15 grilled cheese sandwiches lately... wonder if they gave up on the restaurant business?

Final word - do not buy a Nook Android tablet. I made that mistake back in January. No Android security updates since October 2018. They abandoned it as soon as it was released.
Old 11-30-19, 05:21 PM
Cool New Member

I turned all my Happy Teens into B&N gift cards today at the store to grab the rewards promotion. Basically, this amounts to paying $130 per Happy Teen for $180 worth of B&N. I did multiples of such conversion, not bad at all.

I think I'm set for the year to last me through the next couple of Criterion sales.

Big thanks to Hariseldon for alerting people to the Happy Teen promotion at Office Depot.
Old 12-01-19, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

15% Off Whole Order Online
CYBER15
EXPIRES December 3, 2019 at 2:59am Eastern Time
Old 12-02-19, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Hariseldon,

Just a note to say thanks for all your effort and knowledge through the year.

Cheers,

ctyankee
Old 12-03-19, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by DoverMath
I'm not getting it, either. Who is the new B&N's target customer? It isn't a book buyer, since they've raised prices (mainly through eliminating onlne discounts other retailers have) and reducing coupons to nothing. Membership has gone from a good deal to nothing in recent years, but with the coupons vanishing, you couldn't break even on your $25 fee now. Even with a 20% coupon, their prices aren't as good as places where you don't need to pay $25/year for a membership. Sad to see them decline to this point, but I do have a lot of gratitude for what they allowed me to do over the past few years with their discounts. Time to move on. But who is going to be left as their customer base?

We haven't heard anything about those $15 grilled cheese sandwiches lately... wonder if they gave up on the restaurant business?

Final word - do not buy a Nook Android tablet. I made that mistake back in January. No Android security updates since October 2018. They abandoned it as soon as it was released.
I previously have used the 25-30% Black Friday coupons members have gotten for my book gift purchases for the season, but this year went elseware for shopping. The books I needed were not instore, so the only 20% + 10% membership off a purchase was out the window, and the online prices were more expensive even with the only 20% coupon I got to use. The 10% & 15% off whole online order does not seem like a big enough savings. Will have to re consider the membership as only use it at the cafe for coffee now with less coupons. It was great while it lasted. We shall see what the next few weeks bring coupon wise.
Old 12-06-19, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

10% Off Whole Order Online
HOLLY
Expires Dec 8 11:59pm ET

There are also 1 time use in store coupons.
Coupon template -- replace the xxxx's with the code, copy/paste in a browser and print.
Spoiler:

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...:xxxxxxxxxxxxx

VYXR5KKQE6QAX
T9PJ25ZMCZ6ZK
2DP8YAAVW6M1S
48RQGGSUV883C
Y9PPW53GQ35X5
H3N18JUCMNRPT
VKNYFJX5WGYZL
K3Y6D3K396KX3
GLWX146D9J553
ND14SMGBX1LYC
YTQSAMNG8UD8K
FAQ8D2DZWT334
XR64Q69YE69XC
476LGCJMUZKN8
M4182B6XN6QTA
YYLFG7KC47Y6L
F29TJ5QD3GWTF
W49A41YK5AXJF
CB2SSUQCANDPA
PALQBDN5YCGW4

C7RMMM1UKDDBX
JK6KGYGS5EBBL
68D18SXXUZKYC
YVE8ABFQ8DQWP
XNMA3F39XPVYC
H2BM7LFG9QKWL
V9QQZQYP6EEYL
A16WJA9JWGW6S
9YM6NY54TR8A3
X739KZE1X8YK3
G2BXRE6JJPEG1
S24N3F64ULG3P
HHUYQXXYP8DAW
P3FCB2ESJF15P
63Y3PMSSDBX2P
JE1333BAW4LWL
QRE8BYB8TFMKS
QSE22QVCZPEC4
SNW32YTQXPPWX
BYY9R1LBDELV4

Last edited by hariseldon; 12-06-19 at 11:26 AM.
Old 12-07-19, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

I will be very disappointed if we don't get 20% off coupons to use with the usual 40% off blu ray sale. This has been where I order ship to home the Warner Archive blu rays.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.