Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Old 08-01-16, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 178 Likes on 123 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

OK, the Summer Barnes & Noble Criterion Sale may have one more trick to play or treat to offer.

Coupon Code BNRIO2016 is supposed to go active in around midnight ET. Sometimes it starts early, sometimes late, and the 50% price and in stock situation is tenuous at best

Take 16% Off Orders of $50 or More†

This code specific excludes Movies and TV and has the Criterion Exclusion link so it will most likely NOT work directly. Most of the WHOLE CART coupons have functioned a little oddly in the last few weeks since they started showing up in that once you met the REquirement in ANY ELIGIBLE items ($50 in this case) everything after $50 also got the discount as well (16% here). This included Movies, Criterions, preorders, textbooks, Legos, etc for the last several. I don't know whether this will function like that or if B&N delays activating it until all the Criterion prices go back to normal (or just cancels it again at the last second), but it's a long shot that you probably won't to get you possible items lined up and ready to go as soon as the code goes active.

valid from August 2, 2016 at 12:01am to August 7, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Time

This coupon entitles you to 16% off your order of $50 or more. The discount will be deducted after all other eligible discounts are applied.

Rest of TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, eGift Cards, gift-wrapping, textbooks, Movies & TV, digital content (including but not limited to NOOK Books™, NOOK Magazines™, and NOOK Periodicals), NOOK® devices, NOOK Accessories that are already discounted, other select hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, Da Vinci Jr 3D Printer, Sphero products, all LEGO® items in the Toys & Games Department and select LeapFrog products (visit http://www.barnesandnoble.com/h/term...pon-exclusions for more details), in-store purchases of Print Magazines, or products marked as not eligible for coupons or promotional discounts, (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.COM website (e.g., used books, etc.); (v) not valid on applicable sales tax or shipping or handling expenses; (vi) may not be combined with any other coupon or some promotional discounts when noted; and (vii) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid at Barnes & Noble retail bookstores or at Barnes & Noble College bookstores or websites. Void where prohibited by law.
Old 08-07-16, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 73 Likes on 38 Posts

Much appreciated.

Any sales on at the moment..? Isn't there usually something immediately after Criterion? (Not that I have any money left...)
Old 08-11-16, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

15% Off One Item -- Store or Online
Store Coupon T3X8J7C and Online Coupon SUMMERBN
August 11, 2016 at 12:01am to August 15, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Time, and at Barnes & Noble stores from August 11, 2016 to August 14, 2016 at close of business. Barcode now in place for one of the 2 links -- I deleted the redundant link without the barcode

Note that this coupon as well as the current 15/20% email coupon expressly exclude HP and the Cursed Child Book, but the generic online 20% does not.

Also for those interesting in such trivia - the online exclusion link now has removed Criterions from the list. At least that forces them to add it back in November if they want to continue those exclusions. or just in case they have some sort of Memorial Day sale.
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/h/term...pon-exclusions

There are also 2 strange looking generic non-member (all customer) 15% off in-store only coupons that appear to be going live 9/1. They've been up for several weeks now and are a bit unusual in that they are good through 12/31/2017. Off the top of my head I can't remember ever seeing a store coupon that had such an extended exp date. For some reason I almost think these are some sort of template that isn't meant to go live, but at some point the expiration date will be amended.
Learning from past jumping the gun, I'll not post the links until closer to activation date and not give B&N any advnace excuses for cancelling them
Old 08-12-16, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Quick question for those that get 15/20% emails coupons and especially members?

Did you get a generic SUMMERBN code this week or a 13 character Unique ID.

About 1/2 my nonmember emails again got the generic code similar to the 7/14 mailing where half got normal 15% and 1/2 got 10/50. I still got my single member 20%, but I haven't read any reports of members getting the generic mailing this time.

That would be a disturbing new trend as well
FWIW, I'm a nonmember with 2 email addresses that receive B&N promotions.

Regarding the 15% off coupons, one of my emails received a unique code. The other received the generic SUMMERBN.

Strange. This is the first time I've ever seen it divvied up like this. Usually both emails get generics or both emails get unique codes.
Old 08-12-16, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Quick question for those that get 15/20% emails coupons and especially members?

Did you get a generic SUMMERBN code this week or a 13 character Unique ID.

About 1/2 my nonmember emails again got the generic code similar to the 7/14 mailing where half got normal 15% and 1/2 got 10/50. I still got my single member 20%, but I haven't read any reports of members getting the generic mailing this time.

That would be a disturbing new trend as well
Member here. Got an email for a code expiring 8/14. It is a unique 13 digit alphanumeric code.
Old 08-12-16, 05:44 PM

I got unique alphanumeric codes for my member email 20% and both non-member email 15% coupons.
Old 08-15-16, 10:38 PM

Repeating a post from the Amazon Blu-ray bargains thread fo Criterion benefit...

Amazon have a $39.99 pre-order up for the just-announced November release of Lone Wolf & Cub. Criterion say it'll be $100, so even though it may well release during the November CC sale (assuming there is one), it's currently 60% off...
Old 08-16-16, 10:42 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I already jumped on this deal, let's just hope that amazon honors the price...
Old 08-17-16, 06:11 AM

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ba...-idUSKCN10R2BV

Reuters reports BN has canned their new CEO. I did not understand why they wanted to hire someone with the taint of Sears, but I was pleasantly surprised by some of the positives from BN this year, such as one 20% coupon or another being active almost all year. I was concerned last year that new leadership might mean a radical new direction for the company, but BN didn't do anything too radical. Now my concern is back. I don't think they could hire a new CEO and start making changes before the holiday season, so hopefully we'll have one more Black Friday coupon season without any big changes from last year. After that, who knows?
Old 08-23-16, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The BNSUNSHINE code now has a printable store code with barcode attached.
The BNAUG23 15 off 100 also appears to be working for Movies/TV despite the coupon print excluding it.

Barnes & Noble is having a 50% off MSRP sale on Arrow US products. Close to 60 Blurays included.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/b/50-o...-rays/_/N-2jtx

Note Dead End Drive In preorder at $14.99 is listed as a DVD, but the UPC is the Bluray. I don;t think Arrow has a DVD release

Nobody is sure for now if this in an in-store sale too. If it is then you could potentially add
you member discount to a purchase or store generated ship to home order. There is supposed to be an in-store coupon available in a couple days. B&N can often get items shipped to your store for direct purchase in a few days so you could use you member discount ASSUMING the sale applies for store purchases

Last edited by hariseldon; 07-02-18 at 01:11 PM.
Old 08-24-16, 06:19 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Interesting, hopefully the Arrow sale is in store since I'll happen to be driving by a B&N on the way to a concert on Friday.
Old 08-26-16, 02:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don;t think it is. SO far one report that said in was online only -- needs confirmation, but .. .
It would appear that the sale prices are also in-store, for the few titles that one can find in-store. I just checked in-store status for DAY OF ANGER w/ their reservation tool, and it shows "Store Price: $19.99".

The site also shows the following in stock at some local B&M locations for Store Price: $19.99:

BLOOD & BLACK LACE
REQUIESCANT
RETURN OF THE KILLER TOMATOES
Old 08-26-16, 06:17 AM

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Is the in-store status on the website usually accurate? I was hoping to pick up Killer Tomatoes but it's listed as not in stock at my store.
Old 08-26-16, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by joltman
Is the in-store status on the website usually accurate? I was hoping to pick up Killer Tomatoes but it's listed as not in stock at my store.
It has been at the location closest to me, but this store happens to have exceptionally good service and not many customers in the media section.

In my experience, B&N's store in-store status has been more accurate than the likes of Best Buy or Target. They tend to only carry one copy at a time of most titles, though, so the only way to know for sure it's still available is calling the store or placing a hold.

Last edited by Living Deadpan; 08-26-16 at 12:49 PM.
Old 09-01-16, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Completely unrelated to Arrow, a Blu-ray I did pick up for 50% off in store ($9.99) was THE WICKER MAN: The Final Cut. Currently part of their "50% Off Classic Films" sale.
Old 09-01-16, 05:16 AM
g

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

Just received unique member coupon good for 40 percent off one item until 9/5 in store or online.. Wonder if it can be used more than once even though it says only good once
Old 09-01-16, 09:28 AM

If someone would post a 40% coupon (after you use it) for us members who got cut off by BN, we would greatly appreciate it. Black Friday would come early this year.
Old 09-01-16, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Guys, I just started getting some really strange emails which either is really scary or exciting

9/1 through 9/6 -- 40% off Single Item coupons which seem to work on the 50% off items

It seems to be instore and online. Movies don't appear to be excluded.
The emails just started floating in a few minutes ago, but by later today I may have some extras to give out.

These seem to be all customer coupons I have no idea if these will be re-usable online or not but it's worth a shot. This coupon was way outside the normal coupon template website range so I never saw it as all until now

Here's one just to get started
40% off one item -- BN.com from September 1, 2016 at 12:01am to September 6, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Tim
YWE9142RNTA35

"40% Off One Item Coupon Details:

For each customer, this coupon can be redeemed only once at any Barnes & Noble retail store or only once per billing address online at BN.com.

This coupon is valid at BN.com from September 1, 2016 at 12:01am to September 6, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Time, and at Barnes & Noble stores from September 1, 2016 to September 5, 2016 at close of business.

This coupon entitles you to 40% off one (1) eligible item in your order, while supplies last. The discount will be applied to the most expensive eligible item in the order - not the entire purchase - and will be deducted after all other eligible discounts, including (if applicable) the standard Member discount, are applied.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, eGift Cards, gift-wrapping, textbooks, print on demand products, digital content (including but not limited to NOOK Books™, NOOK Magazines™, and NOOK Periodicals), NOOK® devices, NOOK accessories that are already discounted, other hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, Da Vinci Jr 3D Printer, Sphero products, all LEGO® items in the Toys & Games Department (visit www.bn.com/couponexclusions for more details), in-store purchases of Print Magazines, or products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts," (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.com website (e.g., used books, etc.); (v) not valid on applicable sales tax or shipping or handling expenses; (vi) may not be combined with any other coupon or some promotional discounts when noted; and (vii) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid online at BN.com or at Barnes & Noble College bookstores or websites. Void where prohibited by law.

This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Barnes & Noble is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors."
Old 09-01-16, 02:27 PM

I was able to use this code at 12:20 Pm PST on 2 separate orders.

[QUOTE=hariseldon;12887237]Guys, I just started getting some really strange emails which either is really scary or exciting

9/1 through 9/6 -- 40% off Single Item coupons which seem to work on the 50% off items

It seems to be instore and online. Movies don't appear to be excluded.
The emails just started floating in a few minutes ago, but by later today I may have some extras to give out.

These seem to be all customer coupons I have no idea if these will be re-usable online or not but it's worth a shot. This coupon was way outside the normal coupon template website range so I never saw it as all until now

Here's one just to get started
40% off one item -- BN from September 1, 2016 at 12:01am to September 6, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Tim
YWE9142RNTA35
Old 09-01-16, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

ONLINE CODES
40% Off Online Single Item -- All customer/Universal and re-usable. Expires Sept 6 2:59am ET online

For those who want to vary their code use online just as a precaution. I checked a couple of these, but not all so if any don't work let me know
Spoiler:
JSE5LQAZS7SD5
PBFGX5ADZ56UP
VP1TK9BWVUMW8
5V97PBXA94VNF
EQL4ZF72PKBC5
WVYW5U6D7QTQ3
6CME1P46YRPJX
AQ1UNVC2LUJA1
QPZXZKSPW59NX
GQN9RTXMPC3FP
F3S8NJA52VDKF
ZQV5YKELLTFW7
Old 09-02-16, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've used a 40% coupon on 7 orders so far. Still trying to find other deals. So far I got:
Supergirl S1
Blindspot S1
Star Wars Rebels S2
The Huntsman Winters War
Hannibal S3
Raiders (documentary)
Old 09-02-16, 04:51 PM

It would not surprise me if this gets shut down early... the website has been more glitchy than usual all day.
Old 09-02-16, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

I checked all the codes and they all work.
Old 09-02-16, 06:45 PM

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Its a shame the WB shows . The Flash, Arrow, and Supernatural, latest seasons are not being released until Tuesday and as per usual the coupons are not good on preorders. Oh well, there is always Black Friday month.
Old 09-02-16, 09:42 PM

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Usually I find TV sets aren't really that great a deal unless you're getting 65-80% off list. All that crowd of titles is usually $10-12 on BF. Even many sets at 50% with member and 20% coupons rarely even come close to the common deals.

If you really want it early remember that items go live usually between 12:10 and 2:00am ET (commonly 12:30-1:00) on BN.com, but the coupons should be good until 3am ET so there it's always an interesting window of opportunity early Tuesday morning. You have to hope your prices don't change too drastically when they flip the switch which sometimes does happen making it not as good of a deal.
I would say closer to $15 to $20 for blu rays of the latest seasons. At least that is my experience. Last year Deep Discount had some good deals supposedly but they quickly went out of stock and canceled orders.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.