Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-14, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Just learned more 20% member and 15% non-member coupons are coming in the next few days. Was hoping B&N would go with at least some 25% coupons but it appears they are sticking with the usual for another week.

Here are the details for the member coupon.
20% Off One Item†

†NOOK devices, NOOK Books & All LEGO® items in the Toys & Games Department Excluded
Bookseller Instructions:

Scan all items, then scan coupon barcode or enter the coupon code . Discount will be applied to the most expensive eligible item after the TOTAL button is pressed. If the discount does not apply, partner with the MOD. Collect coupon with purchase as coupon may only be redeemed once per Member.
For each valid and current Barnes & Noble Member account, this coupon can be redeemed only once at any Barnes & Noble retail store or only once per billing address online at BN.com.

This coupon is valid at BN.com from November 20, 2014 at 12:01am to November 24, 2014 at 2:59am Eastern Time, and at Barnes & Noble stores from November 20, 2014 to November 23, 2014 at close of business.

This coupon entitles you to 20% off one (1) eligible item in your order, while supplies last. The discount will be applied to the most expensive eligible item in the order - not the entire purchase - and will be deducted after all other eligible discounts, including (if applicable) the standard Member discount, are applied.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, eGift Cards, gift-wrapping, textbooks, digital content (including but not limited to NOOK Books™, NOOK Magazines™, NOOK Newspapers, and NOOK Periodicals), NOOK® devices, NOOK accessories that are already discounted, other hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, all LEGO® items in the Toys & Games Department and select LeapFrog products (visit www.bn.com/couponexclusions for more details), in-store purchases of Print Magazines, or products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts," (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.com website (e.g., used books, etc.); (v) not valid on applicable sales tax or shipping or handling expenses; (vi) may not be combined with any other coupon or some promotional discounts when noted; and (vii) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid at Barnes & Noble College bookstores or websites. Barnes & Noble is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors.

This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Void where prohibited by law.
Old 11-18-14, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Are there likely to be any >20% coupons after Christmas? I was hoping to wait to place an order because I might be getting a gift card for Christmas, but if not, I'll just have to place an order during Black Friday.
Old 11-18-14, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by joltman
Are there likely to be any >20% coupons after Christmas? I was hoping to wait to place an order because I might be getting a gift card for Christmas, but if not, I'll just have to place an order during Black Friday.
I don't know yet. So far you can expect 30% for the BF weekend, 25% on CM, and 25% member/20% non-member coupons 12/4 through 12/7.
Old 11-18-14, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Laser Movies
I don't know yet. So far you can expect 30% for the BF weekend, 25% on CM.
Are the BF/CM coupons usually sent to members only? Or are they also sent to our non-member e-mails (i.e. where the 15% off coupons usually go)?

Trying to determine if I will be receiving multiple coupons that I can use in-store.
Old 11-18-14, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Lagunaca
Are the BF/CM coupons usually sent to members only? Or are they also sent to our non-member e-mails (i.e. where the 15% off coupons usually go)?

Trying to determine if I will be receiving multiple coupons that I can use in-store.
These are going to be universal coupons for all customers. Basically everyone will have the same exact coupon to use. So every email will have the same online or store code for the coupon. They are not using a unique code.
Old 11-18-14, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

Laser, i could go for a few more 15% or 20% coupons if available. Thanks again.
Old 11-18-14, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
Laser, i could go for a few more 15% or 20% coupons if available. Thanks again.
At the moment I have no coupons to give away. Check back on Thursday when the next coupons are released, or you can use the 15% and 20% online codes on the first page if you have not already. Today is the last day to use them before they expire.
Old 11-18-14, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

Ok, will do!
Old 11-18-14, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Will these be generics or single-use?
Old 11-18-14, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
Will these be generics or single-use?
The upcoming coupons on Thursday are single use.
Old 11-18-14, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Laser Movies
The upcoming coupons on Thursday are single use.
Damn single-use. Thanks.
Old 11-19-14, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by joltman
Are there likely to be any >20% coupons after Christmas?
If this year is like last year, for coupons, the lights went out on December 24 and there was a long dry spell lasting months.

Thanks to Laser, Hari, and everyone for keeping us in the know about what's coming. Really helps me plan my holiday spending.
Old 11-19-14, 12:25 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I for some foolish reason did the last 20% coupon on Criterion's 'La Dolce Vita' when I should had done it on the more expensive 'Red River' disc
Old 11-19-14, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Giles
I for some foolish reason did the last 20% coupon on Criterion's 'La Dolce Vita' when I should had done it on the more expensive 'Red River' disc
There are still more coupons coming before the sale ends. You should have an opportunity to use at least a 20% off or better before the end of December 1st. If you have a membership and are near a store the $8/$40 blu-ray coupon is a nice coupon to use for Red River. I had no problems using it during the earlier Criterion sale back in July. If you are ordering online there are more coupons coming next week between 20% to 30% that all customers can use.
Old 11-19-14, 02:24 PM

Strictly speaking this isn't a coupon question - but what are people picking up/recommending this time around for the Criterion sale. The only 2 (new) items I was really interested in were F For Fake (which I highly recommend) and MacBeth.
Old 11-19-14, 03:55 PM

Not a coupon question, but I feel like someone may have an answer. Does BN accept multiple payment types on one transaction online? I got a $25 visa gift card that I would like to use, but I would have to put the remaining purchase balance on another card and wasn't sure if BN lets you do that or not.
Thank you.
Old 11-19-14, 04:03 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by so it goes
Not a coupon question, but I feel like someone may have an answer. Does BN accept multiple payment types on one transaction online? I got a $25 visa gift card that I would like to use, but I would have to put the remaining purchase balance on another card and wasn't sure if BN lets you do that or not.
Thank you.
I know they do in store; and I can't imagine any retailer not allowing this.
Old 11-19-14, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by hariseldon
A workaround would seem to be to buy a BN eGC with the Visa Gift card adn then make the purchase of your item with the BN Gift Certificate and another Payment method.
Thanks for the response! I was thinking I should just go this route, would be easier, and also I wouldn't be limited to either in store or online.
Old 11-19-14, 09:52 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

..i picked up the following on blu-ray
..all that jazz, badlands, rosemary's baby...
Old 11-20-14, 05:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I could use as many as 2 of the in-store 15% non-member coupons if at all possible. Thanks for any help.
Old 11-20-14, 07:46 AM

I'm also interested in some spare 15% in-store codes. Please PM or email me, thanks.
Old 11-20-14, 08:18 AM

Looking for a 20% for in-store use, thanks in advance.
Old 11-20-14, 09:22 AM

..i could use either a 15% coupon or in store 20%...thanks very much
Old 11-20-14, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by bainbridgezu
I'm also interested in some spare 15% in-store codes. Please PM or email me, thanks.
Check your email. You won't be able to receive PMs until you reach 10 posts on this forum.

Originally Posted by AMERICAN
..i could use either a 15% coupon or in store 20%...thanks very much
Check your PMs.
Old 11-20-14, 10:32 AM

..thanks very much laser...much appreaciated...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.